You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete!
Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:19 am

mrmonkey1980

mrmonkey1980

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.mattcannotwrite.co.uk
Hi guys!

So I figured it was about time I wrote something. Sorry to keep you all waiting but I was very tired after the gig and had to get ready for a full day of work. And now today (I am writing this at work!) I have over 320 exam papers to mark! Still, I am having a break.

First of all, let me just put your mind at ease and assure you that the mission was accomplished. I wasn’t able to give the letters to the band personally (a huge shame, I’m sure you will all agree) but after the show finished, I hung around a little until the crowd had thinned. I then approached one of the venue staff. I told him what I had and if he could give them to the band for me. He said yes, and I saw him give it to a member of Scandal’s staff and then that man left with the package of letters. .clap.

So, I can only assume that he did give the letters to the band, and although I was kind of hoping for an immediate thank you message (I included my email and twitter) I haven’t heard anything about the letters yet. Nor have they tweeted blogged or emailed about it! I just hope they are reading through them all and enjoying them as I imagined they would be.

So, that aside the night was pretty awesome. I’ll try not to go on too much but I just wanted to say first that you can watch a thousand videos of someone and not learn things about them that become instantly apparent when you see them in person. I learned things about the band that I hadn’t realized before. Mami has warmed in my eyes. Haruna is pretty much the same which just shows her strength of character. Rina came across as more of a confident pretty girl than the sweet person who writes all the tweets blogs and emails. I’m sure she’s both though and I don’t mean that in a bad way at all. Though, I felt sorry for her because she was isolated behind her drum set most of the time. It’s a lonely job. The biggest change for me was Tomo. I never realized she was so shy, and if you haven’t seen it before either, believe me, she is. She apologized for not speaking much during the breaks and there were mannerisms that showed it. She always hides behind her hair and she moves like ‘the tallest person in the class’ if you know what I mean; she has a hint of an awkward stoop. But it all made me care about her so much more. I feel like I understand her now. All in all, it may sound strange but they seemed like girls trying to be a rock band, and if they keep that sensibility they should be fine in the future. The irony of course, is that they are a rock band. They can still all play and sing and there’s something about them which keeps them free from the normal expectations of Jpop groups. I hope they continue to evade becoming stale industry icons, because like their early stuff shows, and their lives. They really rock.

Anyway, I’ve already waffled on far too much. Here is the set list for the show. They played the entire TEMPTATION BOX album and a few others. I was very surprised to hear Switch come on, but gutted there was no Spaceranger or SL Magic.

1. Everybody say yeah
2. Girlism
3. Hi Hi Hi

-At this point they briefly stopped to say “Hello” and express their hope that we enjoyed the show. Haruna also taught us a new cheer. When she says “Yakeni Yay!” we shout “Yay!” I may have got this wrong as it was hard to make out because of how loud she screamed it, but there was lots of this (and I think she said she wanted to write a song using it) as well as “Genki?” which each one would scream at us and each other as loud as they could whenever they had the mic to speak. Teimo with her powerful high pitched singing voice almost burst my eardrums. They also asked who was here. Boys. girls. Parents. Students. I wanted them to say “foreigners”, so that me, my friend and one other guy there could jump up and get noticed! Didn’t happen though -

4. Doll
5. 少女S
6. 少女M

-Yes, they played Girl M, in much the same way that they played ‘Tokyo’ in the Best lives. They all marched to the front and did some very lame but cute dancing, while Mami stood behind a fake turntable and sang the song with some improv. At the end Rina ran to the back and played keyboard.

They then stopped to chat again. Haruna pointed out that it was the first time that they had used the keyboard in a live show. Then they talked about the things they did in Sendai before the gig. Haruna had cow tongue for dinner and thought it was delicious. Mami went shopping and I think she said she bought Pokemon Black and white. But she went on about Pokemon for a while. Rina told a funny story about walking down the street and trying not to be noticed, but I didn’t understand it. Teimo introduced us to her brand new bass. Not sure what make it was but it was silvery and glitzy and everyone went “oooh!”

As they got their instruments back on (they stopped to drink and run about the stage during the chats, and they changed guitars so many times. Pretty much for every song.) Teimo and Mami had a brief guitar battle, which was funny. Just making random noise at each other. They stopped far too early though.–

7. Beauteen
8. 放課後1H
9. Switch
10. 涙のリグレット

-They stopped again briefly to talk about the album and the tour. The tried to sell all the t-shirts and stuff. Then they started the last leg.-

11. Playboy pt 2
12. Hello! Hello!
13. Shunkan Sentimental
14. カゲロウ
15. あいたい
16. 太陽と君が描くSTORY

-encore-
They came back wearing some of the orange t-shirts they were trying to sell outside the gig (I got a black one) and talked more about the tour, having fun, lots of thank yous and then…
17. Shining sun
18. Sayonara my friend
19. Scandal Baby
THE END

Before leaving, they said goodbye again. Rina threw her drumsticks, Teimo threw her pick, and there was lots of running around, shaking hands, waving and stuff. They really seem appreciative of their fans. Unfortunately, I was about 10 feet back so I wasn’t within range, but I shouted out to Teimo, after making sure I was making a fool of myself whenever she looked in my direction. Good times.

And that was it! Oh, their uniform. They wore these white cheerleader like skirts with lots of frilly layers. Then on top, they had these black leather, very tight waistcoats over a maroon red top. They looked pretty cool. And just plain pretty. I wanted to take photos and vids throughout but there was a warning before hand, and because no one else did I would have stood out immediately if I tried. Actually, I did sneak a few during the encore, but they didn’t come out at all.

Ok… so, sorry I went on for so long, but at least I am not keeping you waiting any longer. .smile.

If you have any comments or questions you can leave them below and I’ll do my best to answer them. Though I think I covered everything I can think of.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete!
Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:42 am

monogrith7

monogrith7

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://monogrith7.deviantart.com/
First of all, Thank you very much for delivering all the fan letters for us! You did a great job!

I can really imagine the concert from everything you have written....sounds like you really had a great SCANDALOUS experience and you had a great TIMO...i mean time =Dp

Great Set list of songs, SCANDAL Baby last song FTW!!! Great way to end the concert Rock on

HOORAH for having the first ever SH fan letter project be a SUCCESS! Hope there's more db~

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Sige
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:00 am

Goldenarms

Goldenarms

International Performer
International Performer
HOORAY!!! the fan letter project was SUCCESSFUL!!! although i didn't able to make a letter but I'm happy that the letters you guys made was given to the girls. i hope that they read all the letters that you guys made and i really hope that they will post something about it on their blog.

and for mr monkey, you are the man ahahahahaha just by reading your story made me feel like i was there also on the concert. I'm so jealous that you are able to see them live in concert. how i wish i was in japan also.

2 THUMBS UP!!!!

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Kojiharufinal
Haruna Makes My World Go Round
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 am

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
sounds like you had fun Matt. Thanks for sharing the experience and getting the letters to the band.

Also known as: Ross Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 251803 , Rossy Oliver the cute and fluffy Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 464571 , Rosa, and Pokey The Cute and Fluffy
Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Rossba10
Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Ugefu10

Wat- who said i was joking, be prepared to sit down with Luarahara tomorrow
One Word Story - "TOMOMI, surprisingly tomorrow, will thoseguiltyeyes with HARUNA kick snypershot in his crotch and punched his solar plexus that is hurting him everywhere."
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:36 am

layachanx3

layachanx3

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thank you very much for the hardwork! .clap.
and just like what mono said, i can already imagine what happened in the concert! thanks for sharing! .hail.

now i really wanna see them live!

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Sigggggy
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SWEET! I missed the whole event in the beginning, but it's always great to hear that things turned out as planned... So you're next goal is to get VIP backstage privileges right? HA HA!

Good to hear you had a blast! Makes me hecka green eyed!

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:08 am

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
Sweet!! Makes me fall for Tomo... ugghhh. Mami still! .love. Mami still!!
A BIG THANKS TO YOU mrmonkey .toj.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:20 am

Kakuzu Akatsuki

Banned
Banned
~ ENTRY DELETED ~

Last edited by Kakuzu Akatsuki on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a ps...)

as of december 18, 2010: 71 days with 14.120454 registration on the average
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:30 am

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Thank you for printing,compiling,sorting and sending off the project for us,it means much to the people who were involved in it.

And i'm glad to hear that you had so much fun!Making TOMO look in your direction is an accomplishment in itself,i can imagine how many people were screaming TOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.You must be one of those without a doubt,though i wonder at what you said to make her look in your direction. =Dp

And damn,how i wish i could get a shirt!Live and tour goods are few and far between when only your mental existence is in Japan.

By the way,any luck asking TOMOMI to marry you?Or was it the other way round?I forgot. =Dp

Last edited by EugeneAng on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:33 am

haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
woot ~ thanks for delivering the letters ~ i do hope they read em well ~

and looks like you had a good time .common.

they've got a very nice setlist there .love.

well, thanks man ~ this project wouldn't be a success w/o you Nice one

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:35 am

DUMMIbears

DUMMIbears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
like all those above, i have to greatly thank you, mrmonkey, for all the work you have done for us!
*salutes*
now we just hope that scandal can get our heartfelt messages~

世界で一番バンド
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
mrmonkey!! again Thanks!! .hail.
Glad you had a great time~ Ho Onion

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 am

ScandalLover

ScandalLover

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Awesome mrmonkey, awesome.
Thank you for making this project a success and sending our letters to SCANDAL!
=D
.hail. And again, THANK YOU!

Just a dude who loves SCANDAL and Tomomi!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:54 am

mrmonkey1980

mrmonkey1980

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm really glad I could help and make things work out for you all. I'm hoping that the band are either too busy or just working through all the 102 letters to send any kind of notification, but I'd love to know that they actually got them. It worries me a little that I left them in the hands of some staff bloke (who could have done anything with them) but I'm sure he did his job. The enveliope was open so he could have seen i was honest.

Anyway, About the shouting. It was strange. They only called out names during the long silences when the band were having drinks or changing guitars or something. And even then it wasn't that much. When they were pausing to pose and set up the next song everyone was deathly quiet.

The fans were a bit weird too. There was like a set routine to how they move their arms r jump up and down to a song. Kinda takes the joy out of it if you ask me. I was just doing what I felt like. And I don't know if Tomo saw me, but I kept jumping aorund or smiling at her whenever she looked in my direction. So who knows, maybe I should tweet her and ask her if she saw the foreign guy in the concert last night.

And maybe... just maybe... if they recieve this set of letters well, then next time they might let me hand them to the band in person. I need to build up some respect! haha. Well cheers guys. I wish I could have shown you teh concert rather than told you about it. But I'm sure Scandal are going to start hitting some more countries soon!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:57 am

Rina's Knight

Rina's Knight

International Performer
International Performer
Great info ...
thanks mrmonkey .. Please Onion

I read it, and imagine what happened there ...
certainly remarkable ...
my heart is pounding, and I realized ... "I want to be there ..."

from your story, I feel very grateful that they are all alright ...

I hope they read all our letters and they can understand how much we all love them .. Onion Smile

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Dadicopy
Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 16774419155837420436710
Rina..... "KIMI WA ORE GA MAMORU...." .rage. ~HENSHIN~
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 am

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
UK!!! I wish.. come back here mrmonkey and let's rock out with them if ever they'll be going here. .dies.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:20 am

mrmonkey1980

mrmonkey1980

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hessler wrote:UK!!! I wish.. come back here mrmonkey and let's rock out with them if ever they'll be going here. .dies.

If they go to the UK I shall go to be with them. I would love to see them in a small venue as I am sure they would play there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this made me much much better~! Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 463253
Happy
arigato for everything sensei~!
ah,i really wanna see them in person~
and RINA on keyboard~! Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 911293
just imagining it kills me~ Tongue
enjoyed every single word of yer post~
SANKYU VERY MUCH~! Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 688108

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! URT1EYY
Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 am

mrmonkey1980

mrmonkey1980

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
And here's my t-shirt. Sorry about crappy pictures...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 am

Aiur

Aiur

International Performer
International Performer
Nice essay! A+++ .cool.

That was wicked cool!

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 11tsd3r
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:38 am

haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
meh wants that t-shirt matt!! rawr!!

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:52 am

mrmonkey1980

mrmonkey1980

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
haruhiyuu wrote:meh wants that t-shirt matt!! rawr!!

3,000 yen and its yours. i'll even wash it for you! .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Aiur

Aiur

International Performer
International Performer
1,500 PHp for a shirt...that's painful!

Sendai Gig - Fan Letter Project Complete! 11tsd3r
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:26 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
mrmonkey1980 wrote:

I'll buy that shirt off you then. :>

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:38 pm

mrmonkey1980

mrmonkey1980

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
EugeneAng wrote:
mrmonkey1980 wrote:

I'll buy that shirt off you then. :>

That was his price. You have to pay double, and a lemon. Tongue

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.