Meaning of "TEMPTATION BOX"?
Posted on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:00 pm

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I know the Japanese are famous for coming up with obscure English titles and names for their bands (i.e. Stereopony, Baseball Bear), movies and songs. I'm wondering what is the meaning for "Temptation Box". In the US "box" is a very derogatory slang for a part of a woman's anatomy. So Temptation Box is.....well you get it. I know SCANDAL would never mean such a thing but a friend of mine asked me about it (with a lecherous smile) and it got me thinking.

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of "TEMPTATION BOX"?
Posted on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:54 pm

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
Huh, Box in Arizona doesn't mean that at all. I don't really notice an underlying meaning to Temptation Box

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Also known as: Ross , Rossy Oliver the cute and fluffy , Rosa, and Pokey The Cute and Fluffy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wat- who said i was joking, be prepared to sit down with Luarahara tomorrow
One Word Story - "TOMOMI, surprisingly tomorrow, will thoseguiltyeyes with HARUNA kick snypershot in his crotch and punched his solar plexus that is hurting him everywhere."
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Jerec

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
In the US, it is one slang definition, but I don't think people generally giggle at the mention of 'box'. Sounds like your friend's got something on his mind.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I think I remember seeing a video of them mentioning what Temptation Box meant. I forgot which one though.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:31 am

tofu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It is to TEMPT you to buy their CD which is in a case shaped like a BOX.
Or the picture will TEMPT you to buy their ALBUM, which will come in a BOX.

Lol, I know, those suck...

YOU WANT SCANDAL POSTERS? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

RIP Borg (Danijel Jagodic). You will truly be missed 19.08.2011

"Jam is something you put on your sandwich, Jelly is a state of being." 11.08.2011

So, thanks to the creative mind of Pokey the Cute and Fluffy, I am now Tofuroll
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:01 am

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
i think they mentioned it in one interview....

Eugene translated some of it i think.. :-?

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:54 am

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I have no idea, but this is what Eugene translated in the other thread:
TOMOMI:About the name of the album,Temptation Box,I feel that it's an album where everyone can feel some temptation.

Obvious name is obvious? xD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 am

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Okay,from what i can understand from TOMOMI's atrocious habit of slurring her words whenever she gets to something important,

She mentioned that the band was trying new stuff in this album,and it was fun for them,so they hoped that they could attract people to have a listen to it.Many of you have noticed the addition of certain new stuff like a bass solo and the not-really-approved synthesisers in Shoujo M.Hence,they decided to call it TempBox as they hope that they can "tempt" people to listen to it,so to speak.

Correct me if i'm wrong,anyone.

And box just means box in Japan.They do not know that it means a lady's whistle in the US.If they want to avoid vulgar names in every language for their releases it'll be one single every decade.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Pretty much. I think the title itself was pretty obvious, they just wanna make an epic box of temptations which ropes your ear in and doesn't let go!

And it worked. XD

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm

qx123

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Its meant to be something like a box full of goodies that tempt you.

Back to top Go down