Go down

Re: SCANDAL Instruments Thread
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Bass 「TOMOMI&NOHANA」
- Yesterday (23th), an article in 「TOMOMI "First Bass"」was published. A comment from JimmyK-kun&LedMirage-san : "It looks like the Bass of NOHANA from Stereopony"...
2012/10/08 nathalie 「Stereopony, November best-of & last live the end of the year」
-Above,TOMOMI's Bass 「Fender/Deluxe Active P Bass® Special 」. Below NOHANA&Bass from natalie : 「Fender Deluxe Active Precision BASS」

TOMOMI「First Bass」
-Information from Michi no hi-san (?) and 「Fender」twitter. Is color match well in the first picture ?
-Michi no hi-san added comment. It's difficult to distinguish in the picture, a little black but it was 「Navy Blue Metallic」
(「Fender/Deluxe Active P Bass® Special (Rosewood Fretboard, Navy Blue Metallic) 」)

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 12:14 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
The question is, what is the source of that blog? We're looking right at that bass in well-lit videos.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Tomomi sparkling bass is an Custom American Standard, while the second Active Deluxe P-Bass is the same like nohana used (btw its black coloured and recently she add the signature stripe same color as the golden pickguard from fender), so its not blue navy, its black with fender signature special golden pickguard. its the same black bass all the way from osaka jo hall

its almost the same like Yuusuke kun (Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass) the different is only on the body and the setup of the pickups (the bridge pickup is the same like yuusuke kun, while the neck pickup is a standard precision bass pickup. literally it will produce more low end sound on tomomi new active p-bass and more brighter sound on yuusuke kun)

hope this help thank you Nice one

correction: the bass is $949.99 USD not $700 USD. its way more expensive then yuusuke kun (deluxe active J-Bass).

You can see the very different color
(the actual screenshot of the ano hito SCANDAL is actually black, it appears navy blue because of the white lightning to make the video more bright)

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 86ceb310
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 86ceb3c861ac3d7b0737b2ccde488ca3
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Tomo_b10SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Tomo_b11

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 6:00 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
According to some blogs it's navy blue

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 2:42 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
well I saw it myself when scandal do asia tour in indonesia. its black deluxe active jazz bass in front of my eyes

whether the color is black or navy blue, still its a great bass

some screenshot on OJH regarding the p-bass

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Tomo_b12

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Tomo_b13

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Alright, I've updated the first post for this thread!! .wew. (Since last update was in 2010...)
I was waiting for more info about Tomomi's new black bass before posting.
-Added more recent instruments
-Updated gears
-Formatting should be a bit easier on the eyes
-Some things were unchanged from yuujin_21's original post, others were completely new/re-written
-Lemme know if there's anything I screwed up, missed, etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
@Tim_E.D: With this picture we can easily say it's black and not navy blue, you'r right...

@Lexian: Thanks a lot for this .hail.

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 7:02 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I tweeted Tomomi to ask the color for sure Happy

I'm pretty sure it is black but it would be awesome if she could confirm that. I doubt she will respond (especially since I asked in English) but you never know!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
wow thats a lot of hardwork Lexian Nice one

now, new members dont have to go pages by pages to know for latest gears the girls are using

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 1:03 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Tomomi should name the new deluxe p-bass hehe and @Lexian you forgot to mention the ESP Custom of Tomomi Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 am

Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
spacecadet wrote:I tweeted Tomomi to ask the color for sure Happy

I'm pretty sure it is black but it would be awesome if she could confirm that. I doubt she will respond (especially since I asked in English) but you never know!
I did what you do in Japanese since I thought the same. Of course, my Japanese isn't as good as many of you here, but I did my best :D

From the SCANDAL x Nishikawa Takanori 1NIGHT SESSION video where they play ShunSen it looks navy blue though. Of course it could be the lighting issue too...

Edit: This is what I saw
Spoiler:

.omg.SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My bass is colored Maroon Red, when I go for some video shoot on the band it was like turning into Candy Apple Red because of the lightning. Now the problem with the P-Bass of Tomo is that the lightning goes direct hit to the black color of the bass, literary white light + the dark environment + black bass of Tomomi makes you think its navy blue, because the white light is blurred by the environment and turned slightly into blueish reflection on the black p-bass.

Tips for Medios: try to see the back upper (near the stripes) and lower parts (near the knobs) of the bass where the light doesn't expose too much

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
Yeah, I'm aware of that upper back side. I did say it could be lighting problem too. It's just that lighting problem doesn't always mean "the right color is the one with low light exposure".

And also, it could be the material of the paint itself. Some paint material can give effects of various color under different lights or angle. I think the name is "pearlescent coating". So maybe your and Tomo's bass paint job use the coating.

.omg.SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
lets wait for the further detailed info of the P-Bass, I know somehow that Tomo maybe give a name to her new signature p-bass

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 6:09 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I just looked at the new page 1 of the thread - that's a lot of good info and a lot of work well done!

Some additional info about Mami's Squier from the new GiGS: it's actually listed as a "Stratomaster", which makes sense. (There is no name on the headstock.) It's also an HSS like her regular Strat, not 3 single coils. The paragraph of info from alinea-mind's blog may be outdated, but right now this guitar has a Seymour Duncan "Rails" humbucker in it: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/stratocaster/high-output/cool_rails_for/

This can clearly be seen in the pictures and Mami also mentions that it's an HSS in the text (though I don't think she says which kind of humbucker between the three "rails" HB's it is - it could be any of the three).

Actually I think it has probably always been an HSS, because Dec. 2012's Go! Go! Guitar has this pickup visible in the pics as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Umm can I talk about other equipment of SCANDAL? Like more info on the amps and effect, and also the most important thing to use in the big stage, Custom In-Ear Monitors.

If allowed, so I gonna post manny information regarding the equipment that they use (what I mean equipment is like Microphone, CIEM, Wireless monitoring, monitoring speakers and etc)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 12:17 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Tim_E.D wrote:Umm can I talk about other equipment of SCANDAL? Like more info on the amps and effect, and also the most important thing to use in the big stage, Custom In-Ear Monitors.

If allowed, so I gonna post manny information regarding the equipment that they use (what I mean equipment is like Microphone, CIEM, Wireless monitoring, monitoring speakers and etc)

Yes please. Any information is more than welcome.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Lexian

Lexian

@Tim_E.D: Yeah for sure! That's actually one of the areas where I had a bit of difficulty when I was updating the first post. Any info is welcome.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Custom In-Ear Monitors (CIEM):
Ok starts from the Custom In-Ear Monitors, these little jewelry is very important to them on large stage area (especially Haru cause she is the vocalist), what I mean large is like Budokan and OJH. SCANDAL use FitEar Custom In-Ear Monitors, the problem is that I don't know which series of custom they are using right now (FitEar have a lots of custom series and majority of them is above $1500 USD). For my opinion, I think they use the Pro Audio series which is being use by 80% of artist and sound engineer in Japan. Some of the Example is Maaya Sakamoto

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 9e109c10
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Ea3cae10SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Ca237510
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Fbe00910SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 267ebc10

The first information regarding SCANDAL use the FitEar is when SCANDAL do the last Animax Musix performance, the blog said that Rina use Custom FitEar MH334 (translate please thanks, http://ameblo.jp/su2009/entry-10903902167.html)

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 O0560010

But I know you guys already see the custom version of Rina's Monitors (please translate this blog thanks, http://ameblo.jp/su2009/entry-11475850713.html), She have 2 Custom In-Ear Monitors

Here's the first one:
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 O0480010
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 O0480011
Here's the second one:
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 O0480012
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 O0479010

Now the first time I think only Rina that use FitEar, but when I check the client list of FitEar, I'm surprise that all the member's name are there in the client list of FitEar with some japanese classification that I cannot understand (http://fitear.jp/music/client.html). so I start do some research about their custom in ear monitors and FitEar is the only CIEM makers that use big pin cable to the CIEM.
usual pin is like this
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Black_10
while the FitEar pin is like this (FitEar have the largest CIEM pin):
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Dsc_0010

For the screenshot of unidentified FitEar Monitors of SCANDAL:
Haruna:
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Haruna10
Mami:
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Mami_m10
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Mami_m11
Tomomi:
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Tomomi10

I need the help of other members to search for this unidentified Monitors thanks

Microphone:
I believe that they use Shure for the Microphone and The Microphone Stand

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Haruna11

their Micropone Stand is also shure, but there is Acoustics logo on it

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Haruna12

I don't know which series of shure microphone, for my opinion, automatically the wireless system of their guitar, mics and monitor is shure.

-Bass:
Tomo is rarely using the Ampeg, she use mainly the Ashdown amps with 2 head amp ABM 500 EVO, this combination provides strong growling on the bass and punchy low ends. handling the power beyond 1200 Watts of electricity.

Tomo also rarely using the Custom ESP, because the arrangement of the preamps makes the bass specialized on treble and growl sound, so mainly the ESP is suited for heavy metal than pop rock. the arrangement of the pickups is the same with Tomo's Deluxe Active Precision Bass Special (PJ). The custom ESP is full active bass (I think Tomo is one avid active bass collector hehe .love. )

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Photo110

That's it for now folks, I'll try to update some more information (if I have free time) thanks .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow, tons of info! Great job.

Btw, the artists on the FitEar website are just separated into kana order: a, ka, sa, ta, etc. It's pretty much like separating them alphabetically.

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
ummm moderator maybe can update the first post hehe, .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 4:51 pm

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://last.fm/user/chezm0th
Tim_E.D wrote:

Tomo also rarely using the Custom ESP, because the arrangement of the preamps makes the bass specialized on treble and growl sound, so mainly the ESP is suited for heavy metal than pop rock. the arrangement of the pickups is the same with Tomo's Deluxe Active Precision Bass Special (PJ). The custom ESP is full active bass (I think Tomo is one avid active bass collector hehe .love. )

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Photo110

That's it for now folks, I'll try to update some more information (if I have free time) thanks .clap.
Really? I haven't seen Tomomi use that ESP

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Lexian

Lexian

Working on first post update right now!
UPDATED.

@chezu: There's a pic of Tomomi using it at a live performance. I'll use the pic in the first post.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 11, 2013 4:52 am

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://last.fm/user/chezm0th
Thanks for the info. I haven't seen the live too.

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 5:05 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
otsii wrote:Hi, this is my first post. :D

Does anyone notice this new guitar?

new guitar:

zoom in:

I was perusing the SCANDAL gear thread and glad that someone noticed this, too.

In my opinion, the guitar ain't a gold top Gibson LP DC, because the horn is too shallow. And guess which guitar has shallow horns - the YAMAHA SG.

From your zoomed in screencap, it looks like it has white/ivory P-90s, so here's a photo from Google:

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 Yamaha_SG1802_SG_Vintage_Electric_Guitar,_Gold_Top

And if MAMItasu had indeed bought herself a new guitar from YAMAHA and this is the model that's in the AwanaiTsumorino PV, it's an SG1802.

Specs: Body - mahogany w/ curved maple top, mahogany neck w/ rosewood f/board, 2 x Seymour Duncan SP90s, Grover machine heads and Tonepro bridge.

Pricetag - in the region of GBP2000 / USD3000 / 313k yen etc. SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 2807351265

PS: Another possibility is that the YAMAHA SG may be HARU's. The guitar rack in the PV holds two black Teles (one standard and one thinline), neither of which are MAMI's.

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 27 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum