Plastic Surgery [Page 7 of 9]

Re: Plastic Surgery
Posted on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:05 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I agree with Jade, if it makes Haruna feel better with her self image that is fine by me.
I think some K-Pop stars take it too far but that is only my opinion.
As long as SCANDAL do not suddenly appear with huge breasts I am quite happy about it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well, I am not happy about this, but it's her body :/
I don't directly hate plastic surgery, more the image of "beauty" that is put out there that makes some woman feel there's something wrong with them.

Some even go so far that they don't look natural at all anymore. Just look up Megan Fox before vs after.

I've been a fan of his band for quite some time like many other people, and I really got to love the way they look. I am afraid that after that she might do more like "Well I got my eyelids done, why not my nose" or the other girls follow her example. Just feels like something is missing Onion Tsk

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm a little bit disappointed, I always loved her eyes the way they were before.
It's not like they look bad now, but I just hope she wasn't pressured in to doing it.

It's her body though, and if she likes it then I'm fine with it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Baracuda

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow, I really didn't notice the difference until now that thoseguiltyeyes(Jade I'm presuming?) showed the pictures, I always thought it was due to lighting/make-up or something of that sort. Thanks for pointing it out! Yea I have to admit I'm a little sadden by this, but everyone has already pretty much said it, it is really Haruna's decision so I respect that, whatever makes her happy is what I'm trying to say. XD

But yea, just like what Reachie and tonymiller were mentioning, I am really hoping this doesn't get out hand. It probably won't, but you can never truly know.

Oh Tomomi, making some naan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 am

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
Glasses can give you the impression that your eyes are bigger (if you don't resize the glass size or something like that, I wear glasses and I reduced the size glass in order to avoid this problem, but it's more expensive).
For Haruna, I don't see a difference with her eyes. But people "change" a little bit with time. I don't really focus on that and even if she did something, it's her body.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
No wonder why she looked a little different when I was watching chichin puipui... Her eyes were... err more pronounced? I'm not a big fan of plastic surgery; people should just be happy with the way they look but nevertheless, some people just aren't but if Haru's happy, then we should just be happy for her. As long as they keep making great music and that it's their main priority, then I'll be as happy as ever.

Just as long as she doesn't do things to other parts of her body or face that don't need to be altered... Like Jade said, it's very easy to get carried away after doing one procedure and I hope that doesn't happen. Just look at Rose McGowan now and before... Hopefully the other girls keep the way they look because they all look great just the way they are and hopefully Haru doesn't do anything else that alters her already perfect image!'

EDIT: So I was looking around for some general articles on plastic surgery... I stumbled on this guy who wrote this article thinking that Haruna had surgery before because of her face shape but obviously, he didn't take account their workload and the fact that Haruna got a lot more skinner, thus her face shape would obviously change due to weight loss...

Last edited by ichiruki! on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 am

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
OH YEAH! SHE HAS DOUBLE EYELIDS NOW Surprised Well, it's Haru's decision. But I'm a bit saddened by this. But as long as she or the other girls doesn't look like one of those "Capitol" people (you know, The Hunger Games. Capitol people are big fans of plastic surgery there xD) it's okay.

Anyway, I didn't fall in love with them because they look beautiful (I just fell in love more with them because they're so pretty), it's because they sound beautiful. I don't listen with my eyes. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
ichiruki! wrote:

EDIT: So I was looking around for some general articles on plastic surgery... I stumbled on this guy who wrote this article thinking that Haruna had surgery before because of her face shape but obviously, he didn't take account their workload and the fact that Haruna got a lot more skinner, thus her face shape would obviously change due to weight loss...

I found this blog too. It's the only article about that "rumour".
And for Rose McGowan, she had a terrible car accident, that was a reconstructive surgery.( I saw her in Grindhouse movies )

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
darksider59 wrote:
ichiruki! wrote:

I found this blog too. It's the only article about that "rumour".
And for Rose McGowan, she had a terrible car accident, that was a reconstructive surgery.( I saw her in Grindhouse movies )

Yeah. Haru's face was "siopao" before because she was chubby.
(Siopao is the term I use for my friends who has round chubby faces. Hehehe. They look like those siopaos.)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:51 am

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
haha nice term.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 am

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lol you guys are overreacting..

I have double eyelids as well. But it's not as pronounced as say a typical white person. Far away you won't really notice it. But close up on my eyes and you will see it very clearly. Also, when I smile a certain way, sometimes it'll show up, sometimes not. Same deal with Haruna. She's always had double eyelids. Check out her face from over 3 years ago: (click full size)

You guys really think our girls have time for plastic surgery of all things what with their passion for music and constant touring? Get real!!! Maybe Haruna just found a makeup artist to really bring them out or whatever. Don't lose faith in our girls Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:38 am

egalab

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, I've just watched the Playboy PV right after I read this thread and I noticed that even if it's their lastest one (correct me if I'm wrong), you can't see Haru's double eyelids but only a few times. When she winks. I checked Pin Heel Surfer and it's the same.
So who knows? But honestly I don't really care until she plays Telecasters.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:31 am

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hahaha...this topic is amusing. I read all the way through the thread and the level of anti-enhancement hostility is too damn high! (ba dum tss)

I mean seriously, why all the hubbub when it comes to plastic surgery? The mere mention of it sends heads rolling around here. Does it really carry such a negative connotation? And if so, why?

Y'know, plastic surgery is just another form of physical alteration. It's just like getting a haircut or applying make up (albeit more expensive). They all do the exact same thing, which is change a persons appearance. Basically, it's just another tool that can be used to enhance (or in some unfortunate cases, tarnish) the way you look.

Yes, I know that some of you might view plastic surgery as a way of cheating the natural order of things by altering what was naturally given to the individual. And I understand where you are coming from, I truly do. But instead of looking down on those who opt to go under the knife, just be thankful that you are content enough with yourself and you do not feel the need to get plastic surgery.

With that said, here are a few things to remember:
1. The members of SCANDAL are public figures who have thousands, if not millions of eyes trained on them. We can only imagine how that feels. Can you imagine the pressure of having people like us staring at their image and critiquing their appearance? What more if you are self-conscious about the way you look?

2. Plastic surgery is common in the entertainment industry. It doesn't matter if it's an "idol" or a rock band member, it happens.That's just the way the business goes. It's all about the image and how you sell it. So don't be surprised if one/some/all of the girls actually had some work done.

3. As many of you have noticed, SH has been garnering more and more attention from the girls over the past few months. And being the tech-savvy(?) girls that they are...I'm pretty sure you guys know what I'm getting at here. Curiosity has possibly crept in at some point. Picture Tomo and her sleepless nights browsing the Net. So yeah, I'll just leave it at that.

tl;dr: Haru might have used double eyelid glue or tape. It's pretty common in Japan. Or maybe she did get some blepharoplasty done. Either one is fine with me, she still looks great.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 am

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Ender wrote:

Yes, I know that some of you might view plastic surgery as a way of cheating the natural order of things by altering what was naturally given to the individual. And I understand where you are coming from, I truly do. But instead of looking down on those who opt to go under the knife, just be thankful that you are content enough with yourself and you do not feel the need to get plastic surgery.

This _ is _ so_ TRUE!

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:16 pm

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
Ender wrote:Hahaha...this topic is amusing. I read all the way through the thread and the level of anti-enhancement hostility is too damn high! (ba dum tss)

I mean seriously, why all the hubbub when it comes to plastic surgery? The mere mention of it sends heads rolling around here. Does it really carry such a negative connotation? And if so, why?

Y'know, plastic surgery is just another form of physical alteration. It's just like getting a haircut or applying make up (albeit more expensive). They all do the exact same thing, which is change a persons appearance. Basically, it's just another tool that can be used to enhance (or in some unfortunate cases, tarnish) the way you look.

With that said, here are a few things to remember:
1. The members of SCANDAL are public figures who have thousands, if not millions of eyes trained on them. We can only imagine how that feels. Can you imagine the pressure of having people like us staring at their image and critiquing their appearance? What more if you are self-conscious about the way you look?

2. Plastic surgery is common in the entertainment industry. It doesn't matter if it's an "idol" or a rock band member, it happens.That's just the way the business goes. It's all about the image and how you sell it. So don't be surprised if one/some/all of the girls actually had some work done.

3. As many of you have noticed, SH has been garnering more and more attention from the girls over the past few months. And being the tech-savvy(?) girls that they are...I'm pretty sure you guys know what I'm getting at here. Curiosity has possibly crept in at some point. Picture Tomo and her sleepless nights browsing the Net. So yeah, I'll just leave it at that.

tl;dr: Haru might have used double eyelid glue or tape. It's pretty common in Japan. Or maybe she did get some blepharoplasty done. Either one is fine with me, she still looks great.
if that's so... then blame SONY if someday SCANDAL have a plastic surgery. Whistle

and about haruna-senpai's eyes...
i can asure you IT IS NOT PLASTIC SURGERY.
i've had it too when i was little 'cuz of my cousin. it's some kind of plastic that you stick it on your eyelids so your eyelids shaped like that.

me: GENKI DESU~ Onion Shy

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

iceblinkjosh

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.youtube.com/user/JoshuaForYou
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Spoiler:
Used to hate plastic surgery since it's not that culturally accepted in our country...then I got into Kpop and tried my best to lie to myself that my beloved idols didn't get anything done....and then various articles popped up and even artists admitting that they had something done...I grew out of it...I came to accept and even love it. It's their decision....well it still depends, as long as it's not a very obvious work done, then it's all good.

as for SCANDAL, they just matured, skinned down, some gained weight...and makeup..yup that's probably it. Well, I can't really tell for sure but I still love them. Love
I love them for who they are, music, personality and all.....and then their physical appearance next. HEHE (can't take that away from a guy) LOL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:33 pm

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
and about haruna-senpai's eyes...
i can asure you IT IS NOT PLASTIC SURGERY.
i've had it too when i was little 'cuz of my cousin. it's some kind of plastic that you stick it on your eyelids so your eyelids shaped like that.

Oh that stuff... yeah that sounds more affordable.... your either spending 100 yen or 1000000 yen on your eyes...

(Depending on how much money you are willinging to spend....)

Yeah I've seen my cousin use that curve sticker thingo for make double eye lids...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:49 am

nekopi028

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
They don't need it. They are naturally beautiful

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SCANDAL.MAMI  Smile 
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:45 am

RinaKawaii

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't think they need plastic surgery, they already look great the way they are now, in my opinion Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:28 pm

LexiconDevil

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://davegrohlssideburns.tumblr.com
I don't think that plastic surgery makes anyone a bad person. If they think it will make them feel good with their appearance, let them do plastic surgery.
BUT I do agree that SCANDAL members had none and don't need any plastic surgery. They're beautiful and I'm sure that they love themselves just the way they are. And that's why I admire them so much!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:44 am

lovely_tine26Love

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i balieve that they dont have any plastic surgery Happy)

--*TinLOVESSCANDAL<3   >c<CANTA Love
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Minipinki

Caless Student
Caless Student
I seriously don't mind it they ever get any plastic surgery because its their choice and its for me to embrace whoever they are inside and outside.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:32 am

Blue_Butterflies

Caless Student
Caless Student
SCANDAL's already perfect. They don't need plastic surgery

I don't plan on seeing you... "Take care"

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:13 am

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wow!this topic almost talks about haru's eyelids..in my opinion she didn't get any plastic surgery..those can be baby fats on her eyelids..haha she used to have a chubby face right Chest Tap

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:08 am

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't think they need it, but I do see where you're coming from c: A lot of idols do get plastic surgery-There's a big debate about Korean musicians getting plastic surgery but not really Japanese musicians...

Back to top Go down