Plastic Surgery [Page 8 of 9]

Re: Plastic Surgery
Posted on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:19 pm

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Seems a lot of people talks about Haru eye-lids, but nobody seems to mention changes in Rina. I noticed during Shiroten days her face is squarish, but now her face is very much oval. Not that I mind if she got plastic surgery. Anyway, she looks cute back then, but now she's definitely more beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I think Haruna did change her face a lot. In their first MVs she looks very different and she was an adult already so I don't think she aged significantly for 3-4 years in order her face to get altered so much. But she looks really good nowadays! 
Timo also either did a double-eyelid surgery or she is wearing tape all the time but it is easily visible on their early photos she has mono eyelids and in their newest photos she always has double eyelids. 
Mami changed super a lot but I am not sure if she did a surgery too or she lost a little bit of weight and dyed he hair blond. 
Rina is the one who looks the same to me, just a little bit more mature but even if she's wearing a lot of makeup she doesn't look much different from Rina in their first PVs.  

They are very good looking though! All of them look a lot more mature and they got really good at doing complicated stylish makeup for their performances.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒ DeviantART ♒ Tumblr ♒ MyAnimeList ♒ Last.fm 

♒ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:32 pm

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
A friend of mine in japan told me they have this natural method that you will do like if you want your double eyelids to be more visible..something like that, she did not fully discussed it and hopefully she is not just blabering about it.haha In rina's face, in some angles you can still see her jaw same as before. Maybe our eyes are being tricked by her hair all over the side of her face..haha<span id="sceditor-end-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none; " class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none; " class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></span><br>

Last edited by meow-chan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
All of Rina's official photos are so overedited and she doesn't even look like herself on some of them. 
Just compare [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to how she actually looks - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I don't see what is their problem with her face shape. That unnatural V-line they are trying to make every time is exactly that - unnatural and obvious. She doesn't look like that at all.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒ DeviantART ♒ Tumblr ♒ MyAnimeList ♒ Last.fm 

♒ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Images via camera lens may fool you! I'd been to the meet & greet with the girls. Mami is much prettier, but looks chubby in official photos. On the contrary, Haruna & Rina both have rounder face in person.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:17 am

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

I think one of the problems with the idea that anyone in SCANDAL did get plastic surgery is the question of, when did they have the time to? Even in industries where it's common for artists to get surgery (like K-pop for example), the artists take time off for the surgery and the recovery. But SCANDAL has never seemed to have enough time for something like that.

Ever since their career starting taking off in late 2009, the girls have kept themselves on a strict schedule. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the girls say in an interview that they don't get more than 2 days off at a time every couple of weeks? And from what I can remember, they said that's been going on for the last few years. I can't really remember completely so maybe I am mistaken, but I vaguely remember them getting asked the question of time off in an interview earlier in the year. About the only time they would have had to do it was during their indie years or during the first few months of their major career, which I doubt the girls would choose something like plastic surgery so soon like that.

They're almost always working with very little off-time. They would have to have found the time for the surgery and also for the recovery. If no one ever saw them with any sign of plastic surgery, then they would have had to find the time to also hide long enough so the bruising and swelling to go down at least to a point where it wasn't noticeable. Even with eye surgery, it can take up to 10 days for a full recovery. The swelling and bruising is noticeable for at least 48 hours.

If we're talking about more than just eye surgery, they'd need even more time for that. Facial surgery in particular is hard because there is so many sensitive parts to the body on our face, one slip and it could cost the patient dearly. That includes the recovery process. So I think that's a pretty big flaw in the idea that they did get the surgery. They've had virtually no time to get any surgery done.

The girls' looks have changed a lot, but I think we're overreacting by saying it's plastic surgery. All of the girls have aged and on top of that, they've all also lost a lot of weight since their indie days. A large weight drop can contribute to a large change in the way people look. They've grown up. Not everyone ages the same and for some people, even just a few years can make a big difference.

Although with that said, if they did get plastic surgery then it's their choice. They don't need it but I think all of us know how sensitive girls in general are to their looks, especially if they're in the spotlight like SCANDAL is. As long as they're happy and they did it because they wanted to, I don't think it should be a problem. I think as a society in general, we look down on plastic surgery too much. We don't spend the time to even try to understand why someone would do it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:26 am

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, the initial question is not whether they DID it or not, but why HAVEN'T they. Just want to clear that up a bit. 

First off, I think they're perfect XD They're rawness is what I love about them. 

Anyhoo, they probably haven't because no one is giving them the idea. In the idol industries, there's pressure to do it but since they are a band, they don't have that pressure. It's been refreshing to follow and catch up with SCANDAL because they don't have restrictions like idols do. I agree with the whole time-recovery thing, too. 

On a side note though, there's nothing wrong with plastic surgery. It might not appeal to you but I think people shouldn't so quickly jump straight from plastic surgery to "being" plastic. I agree that there is way too much negative pressure towards plastic surgery. It's not exactly the best thing but still.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:01 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Seems the eyelid surgery is really common in Asia anyway.

Also I think you guys have to be careful when comparing photos, especially if you take early days photos like Shiroten and then photoshoot photos (probably photoshopped of course like everyone in this industries does).

Don't forget that they were very young, had more weight and were sometimes without heavy (or perfect) make-up like they can have nowadays. And every person is different, some people look basically the same and don't change at all, others change more.

Honestly who cares if one or several members had plastic surgery? As Airi-chan says, they never had a lot of days off so a huge surgery was impossible anyway.

If they had surgery there are only 2 possibilities :

- worst case : someone (company, manager, etc) told them to do it to look better, for the band, etc. That's bad when it's not something you personally really want... and I hope this was not the case... but in the end it wasn't heavy surgery anyway it seems and our lovely girls looks happy.

- best case : they wanted to do it, they "needed" it to feel better and feel good as an adult, etc. Good for them, they are free people who can do what they want Happy

Also I think there are a lot of different types of plastic surgery... There is a huge difference IMHO between making a slight change and have heavy operations to change your face or your body...

I have to say i'm really bad at people and seeing differences lol so I wouldn't be able to tell but I think SCANDAL is fine. Maybe they had some very minor plastic surgery, maybe not. They are "celebrities" and maybe they felt it was needed, maybe something was bothering them, maybe... etc. I don't think anyone should say it's bad because it's not a big deal anyway nowadays and most importantly it's their life/look/body. They can do what they want Happy

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Sanshinzoka

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandal-heaven.com/
I thought they had plastic surgery. I was wrong. The
Japanese are very good at how to use make up.
Just take a look below >

now i'm completely sure they, our girls have never had plastic surgery. Their beauty is original+make up.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 am

razermaul

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've been following kpop for the past couple of years, so I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to the mention of "beauty" in korea. However, I dare say that the girls of SCANDAL haven't gotten any plastic surgery, or at least any that looks glaringly obvious

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:44 am

WolfNDrums

Caless Student
Caless Student
Omg Sanshinzoka You are right! I was so sad when i saw their eyes were way waaayyy bigger than Normal asian eyes supposed to be. I was 100% sure they had a plastic surgery but i also thought '' how could they do it so fast? whaatt? this doesnt make sense'' Now i actually think you are right. I saw rina's eyes are small sometimes and you can even see that she has less make up...Which would make sense! I also noticed that if you watch ''Scandal - doll'' video You'll see like almost the normal eyes they should have and when you watch ''Scandal - pinheel surfer'' its like they had some kind of epic surgery. It made me sad because in my opinion scandal is the most beautiful when its natural. Now im happy again thank you....Arigato sanshinzoka  Onion Please

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.wattpad.com/user/MitchanAnni
I think SCANDAL doesn't need plastic surgery, cause they look young and in sum they're all beautiful. All of them has, for me perfect skin, body and there's no need to make some surgeries. Happy

Tears of Joy
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:03 pm

XwingsofaresX

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Personally speaking, they don't need it. I've seen people years down the line post-plastic surgery and it takes a toll on them, it's scary sometimes. So, I hope the girls of SCANDAL never resort to it. To me (and I speak for everyone here), they are perfect the way they are.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
ohhh cmon guys, Rina have the same cute face with her 2 Years old version  Love

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Seikyou

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
They could easily have had time to get plastic surgery, just because they release an album doesn't mean they made the album 1 month before the release, they could have made that one 1 year before it, and just wait to release it until they needed it.

I'm not saying that they did have surgery, because they have always been freaking hot since their indie era.

If you find a huge gap between lives, and then research how they looked before and after that gap, then you might get your answer. Thats if there is a gap Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 23, 2014 6:26 am

bananadana

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hmm this looks like a pretty heated discussion.. 
Have they or haven't they, we don't and won't really know unless they say it themselves. Also, we shouldn't be quick to judge that a change in appearance automatically means a change caused by plastic surgery. As said in the many posts above, makeup, hairstyle, weight gain/loss, and adolescence could all be factors as to why their looks somehow changed. And besides, why should we be concerned whether they did or didn't? Society easily convinces us of this dogma - that plastic surgery is a really awful thing to do, as if people who undergo it do not have moral values at all. It's their decision, their choice whether they want to have it or not but either way, we should just be happy with and respect their decision (especially if doing it makes them feel happier).
ok done with my two cents~ *flies away* 

"

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Personally I have no problem with plastic surgery...I am an SNSD fan Happy

But I dont think Scandal have had it any way, you cannot call Haruna getting her teeth fixed plastic surgery.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:42 am

MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I guess professional stylists and make-up artists make them look better these days.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 pm

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The answer why SCANDAL didn't get any is because, as answered by some on this thread: 

Firstly, they're not idols. 

Second, they did well even in their indie days so it's not needed. Why fix what isn't broken?

Humans naturally judge others by how they look. Same applies to why one can't land a job if he/she dresses up poorly for the interview. Employers would think that this guy can't be expected to take care of his job if he can't even take care of himself. The difference is that SCANDAL showed they have the talent even without makeups and sexy outfits.

Third, is plainly, they're pretty and cute to begin with.

I guess the "they're not idols" is quite sufficient to answer this though lol!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:35 am

Jose Manuel Cortes

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yes! I support the "They're not idols" comment Wink!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:24 am

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've back read this thread and wow'd at the reactions.

ahem.. uh..

No, they did not do any sort of Plastic Surgery. they simply don't have to.

Yes, it is just a superb Mastery of applying make-up and effects of weight loss and puberty.

I bet they will be pissed if they read a topic like this about them.. lol

tho keep in mind some official photos of them are "touched-up" aka Photoshop'd. there is no getting around this. (I sincerely hope I'm wrong with this one) Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:42 am

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ I'm sorry to say but Haru's had double eyelid surgery, TGE has made a post about telling the differences about it. I wish Haru just stayed with those eyes Sad

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:58 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ Hate to bring about an old topic again, but yeah Jade did mention a while back that it was most probably surgery. 

However, watching the band's more recent videos, it seems that Haruna's eyes constantly change in size so who really knows what's actually happened. For example I've seen a documentary in which Haruna pretty much has no makeup on, is wearing a mask and her eyes are smaller in size, but I can't post it here because it's part of an official release. Although, I wouldn't get the logic of actually not getting surgery if she plans on having double eyelids everyday. It'd be much less time consuming I imagine and well, for the girls, money isn't exactly a problem lol. I'm not against blepharoplasty; hey if it boosts her confidence up or makes her feel better, then so be it. A happy Haruna = a confident Haruna = an even more awesome vocalist.

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:12 am

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
did she really? had double eyelid surgery!? Sad

well.. I can't really tell based on pics and videos.. now.. if we know WHEN she had the surgery the we'll have a time-line category - before and after for easier comparison.

all I noticed is HARU's eyes are quite Big in close ups.

sorry for Necro-ing this old topic I just can't stay still knowing 'what if" they did.. Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:17 am

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ the first time I noticed her eye changing is when they got to perform in Osaka Jo Hall in 2013, and later that time her eye crease seems to be permanent and she doesn't seem to be using eye glue to make it look to have double eyelid so..

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down