Plastic Surgery [Page 3 of 9]

Re: Plastic Surgery
Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 am

yukiko1771

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hmm, well I was wondering for a while if Rina had had plastic surgery, because her face shape seemed to go from square to more pointy over the years. I asked a few fellow fans about it though, and they think it's natural. It's a big relief to know my favorite drummer is all-natural! Clap
So I guess it's simply the wonder of Japanese make-up. Nice One And I agree that from then till now, nobody in SCANDAL needs plastic surgery. People often look weirder after they go under the knife anyway.
I heard that in Korea plastic surgery is very common, but I think after going under the knife all the idols/actresses are starting to look the same. I don't think being "perfect" is something to brag about if you needed surgery to get it. Celebrating what you were born with is better.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:33 am

arcanum

Caless Student
Caless Student
yukiko1771 wrote:Hmm, well I was wondering for a while if Rina had had plastic surgery, because her face shape seemed to go from square to more pointy over the years. I asked a few fellow fans about it though, and they think it's natural. It's a big relief to know my favorite drummer is all-natural! Clap
So I guess it's simply the wonder of Japanese make-up. Nice One And I agree that from then till now, nobody in SCANDAL needs plastic surgery. People often look weirder after they go under the knife anyway.
I heard that in Korea plastic surgery is very common, but I think after going under the knife all the idols/actresses are starting to look the same. I don't think being "perfect" is something to brag about if you needed surgery to get it. Celebrating what you were born with is better.

I completely agree, perfection by plastic surgery isn't something to brag about. Natural beauty is always better in my opinion :D

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:16 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Of course no cosmetic plastic surgery would be ideal since it's definitely not a needed thing, but as getting your eyes done is very popular among all Asians, I think if anything SCANDAL would get theirs done. HARUNA sort of looks like she's had hers done. In the TaiKimi PV at the end where they close their eyes, HARU's eyelid creases are still very visible. And when you compare old photos of her (Caless days) to now, her eyes do look a little differently shaped/bigger.

But yeah, I'm not saying that she has had them done; just saying that it kind of looks like she's had them done. My Korean friend has gotten her eyes done (lol she flew all the way to Korea because the procedure's much cheaper there), and they do resemble what HARU's looks like. lol and my mom, by just looking at a few photos of HARU, she even thinks that she might have gotten her eyes done.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Riichan48

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
whaaaat ? of course they would not need it !
they got beauty, so why going into plastic surgery .
they're are perfect in my eyes so they really don't need it . :D
i love the way they are . xD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 pm

serdic

SPAMMER
SPAMMER
they are pretty already =D no surgery needed!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Of course no cosmetic plastic surgery would be ideal since it's definitely not a needed thing, but as getting your eyes done is very popular among all Asians, I think if anything SCANDAL would get theirs done. HARUNA sort of looks like she's had hers done. In the TaiKimi PV at the end where they close their eyes, HARU's eyelid creases are still very visible. And when you compare old photos of her (Caless days) to now, her eyes do look a little differently shaped/bigger.

But yeah, I'm not saying that she has had them done; just saying that it kind of looks like she's had them done. My Korean friend has gotten her eyes done (lol she flew all the way to Korea because the procedure's much cheaper there), and they do resemble what HARU's looks like. lol and my mom, by just looking at a few photos of HARU, she even thinks that she might have gotten her eyes done.

Fair enough, Haru's eyes did get somewhat bigger, plus she IS the oldest member of the band, so I wouldn't be surprised even if she did. Although still, I think it's more of her losing weight and using make-up?

Not like I'm an expert on this, and I have only stared at Rina pictures to look for a difference, so *shrug* xD

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:26 pm

yukiko1771

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Of course no cosmetic plastic surgery would be ideal since it's definitely not a needed thing, but as getting your eyes done is very popular among all Asians, I think if anything SCANDAL would get theirs done. HARUNA sort of looks like she's had hers done. In the TaiKimi PV at the end where they close their eyes, HARU's eyelid creases are still very visible. And when you compare old photos of her (Caless days) to now, her eyes do look a little differently shaped/bigger.

Hmm, I have no idea what eyes look like after plastic surgery, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's simply eye makeup. Japanese make-up is all about making the eyes look bigger, and after trying Kanebo eyeshadow on myself my eyes did seem a lot wider. There are also youtube videos of Japanese girls using some sort of eye glue on their upper lids in order to widen their eyes, but the glue can be washed off at the end of the day.

And even if Haruna or Rina did get plastic surgery, at least it didn't result in all four of them looking the same, which seems to be the case with certain girl idol groups.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Vallerie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.fanfiction.net/~noirheart
Interesting topic. Happy

well, truthfully, what makes me proud about SCANDAL is,, they are 4 cute girls who can play music instruments. For me, cute girls that can sing or dance are way too common and i'm not taking interest in them. But, maybe it's impossible for me to like them if their appearance is too lousy. So yeah, Scandal have talents and beauty. In fact my fave PV is Koi Moyo, where they were looked so natural.

If, i said if, they have ever done surgery, i'd be very much disappointed. It'll feel like i hav been deceived all this time and I personally hate ppl who have undergone plastic surgery without strong reasoning, e.g. Your face has been burnt totally but you are still alive. If no reason, then Why fix something that isn't even broken?

As for the future i really hope they won't do that. Heck, don't even think about. You got talents girls, and you all are beautiful the way you are. Smile

[b]If I could make one wish that God would grant to happen, it is to meet Rina once in my lifetime before I breath my last[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Mahaha

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I pretty sure they didn't have any surgery. They will never need it for a million years.
There are quite a number of factors to why their eyes look bigger . as some had said , it might be eye make up , it might be due to losing weight . But im pretty sure they didnt go for surgery because they had always been beautiful since the shiroten days.
And also , i became a fan of them because of their talent and songs..well , also because of their beauty.
Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 pm

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Paladinoras wrote:

Fair enough, Haru's eyes did get somewhat bigger, plus she IS the oldest member of the band, so I wouldn't be surprised even if she did. Although still, I think it's more of her losing weight and using make-up?

Not like I'm an expert on this, and I have only stared at Rina pictures to look for a difference, so *shrug* xD

lol weight loss and a natural make up like that can't make that much of a big diff on the eyes.
as for rina it IS possible that her face shape changes cos of weight loss

Vallerie wrote:Interesting topic. Happy

If, i said if, they have ever done surgery, i'd be very much disappointed. It'll feel like i hav been deceived all this time and I personally hate ppl who have undergone plastic surgery without strong reasoning, e.g. Your face has been burnt totally but you are still alive. If no reason, then Why fix something that isn't even broken?

even if it's not broken isn't it very normal for a human being to want to improve?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:08 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
haha well, most of you are guys and probably don't really know much about makeup so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but like rock_chick said, weight loss and makeup can only do so much. Sure, makeup can change your appearance, but not to that much of an extent, and HARUNA definitely doesn't cake it on. I'm looking at and comparing more pictures of her, and the possibility of her getting her eyes done is becoming higher to me. Though you guys don't have to agree with me, of course. I know it's obviously hard for most of you to even consider the possibility that any of the girls would get anything done, otherwise you wouldn't be disagreeing so much with this possibility haha.

My friend who got her eyes done never liked the shape of her eyes, so she actually was a lot happier about her eyes after she had them done. And she got them done for herself, not because she wanted to fit in, look prettier, look like someone else, etc. Of course we don't know and probably never will, but it was probably the same for HARU if she did get them done.

And as for RINA, I really do not think she's gotten anything done. It definitely has to be just the result of her growing up and probably losing weight.

2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:03 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:haha well, most of you are guys and probably don't really know much about makeup so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but like rock_chick said, weight loss and makeup can only do so much. Sure, makeup can change your appearance, but not to that much of an extent, and HARUNA definitely doesn't cake it on. I'm looking at and comparing more pictures of her, and the possibility of her getting her eyes done is becoming higher to me. Though you guys don't have to agree with me, of course. I know it's obviously hard for most of you to even consider the possibility that any of the girls would get anything done, otherwise you wouldn't be disagreeing so much with this possibility haha.

My friend who got her eyes done never liked the shape of her eyes, so she actually was a lot happier about her eyes after she had them done. And she got them done for herself, not because she wanted to fit in, look prettier, look like someone else, etc. Of course we don't know and probably never will, but it was probably the same for HARU if she did get them done.

And as for RINA, I really do not think she's gotten anything done. It definitely has to be just the result of her growing up and probably losing weight.

very well said
can't agree more with that.
looking at all the responses on this thread makes me wonder
i thought the question was 'whether or not they've had it done' NOT 'do they need it or not?'

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:16 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
rock_chick wrote:very well said
i thought the question was 'whether or not they've had it done' NOT 'do they need it or not?'
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. The question was NOT something like, "Do you think SCANDAL needs plastic surgery?" It got so twisted, but I guess that's what happens when something controversial like this is posted.

2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:26 am

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://plus.google.com/+PeterZurkirchen
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
rock_chick wrote:very well said
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. The question was NOT something like, "Do you think SCANDAL needs plastic surgery?" It got so twisted, but I guess that's what happens when something controversial like this is posted.
I think part of it is that a lot of us (male fans?) just don't understand; we look at SCANDAL, including older pics and vids, and think, why would such beautiful girls feel they need plastic surgery?

And another part is that we only have a vague idea of what that really entails. We just picture an unattractive girl going into an operating room, and after hours of surgery, coming out with a new face. And it's just a repulsive thought somehow.

Maybe if there was someone here with more knowledge of these plastic surgery procedures, s/he could give examples of procedures that the SCANDAL members might have done, and exactly what that means? Then perhaps we'd start to understand more, and have less of an "OMG THE HORROR!!!" reaction.
Smile

I think a lot of us also just assume they would do (or have done) plastic surgery only to look better for the fans, hence the many "but we love them as they are" reactions.

Last edited by Onyx on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:28 am

Vallerie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.fanfiction.net/~noirheart
@rock_chick
it's my personal opinion tho, don't mind it. Smile Idk, but it's my least favorite all who have undergone plastic surgery without strong reasoning... Everyone has their own beauty, so no need to change or add one. But again, it's really a personal preference. Happy

as for the question they have undergone it or not, honestly, i kinda suspicious with RINA's face shape and HARU's eyes since long ago like everyone has mentioned. But if the cosmetics can do the trick, then it must be it. Bcoz i'm completely blind about cosmetics stuffs. Sad

[b]If I could make one wish that God would grant to happen, it is to meet Rina once in my lifetime before I breath my last[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:41 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Vallerie wrote:@rock_chick
it's my personal opinion tho, don't mind it. Smile Idk, but it's my least favorite all who have undergone plastic surgery without strong reasoning... Everyone has their own beauty, so no need to change or add one. But again, it's really a personal preference. Happy

as for the question they have undergone it or not, honestly, i kinda suspicious with RINA's face shape and HARU's eyes since long ago like everyone has mentioned. But if the cosmetics can do the trick, then it must be it. Bcoz i'm completely blind about cosmetics stuffs. Sad
exactly. cosmetics Do make eyes look bigger. but it most likely will only work when you cake on the eyeliner,falsies and circle lense, which we all know haruna doesn't. so it's probably eyelid surgery or something. because there is no way such natural make up can make eyes look bigger. as in face's shape . weight loss can affect that so i highly doubt the idea of rina having gone under the knife

why would girls who are already pretty go under the knives?
i don't see why not? probably this is something only girls can understand.
girls who are already pretty will see another girls who she thinks is prettier/better than her
i guess it's just the nature of human being that grass' always greener on the other side.
you always want to be better when you're compared to others no matter how good you are. especially in the entertaiment industry. where the pressure to look good is defintely high
now i don't see why you should be disappointed even if they WILL or already went under the knife
they're not doing it for the fans, it's for THEMSEVLES if they want to go under the knives
i mean if it makes them feel better about themselves then why not?
true fans will support them no matter what

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:46 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
rock_chick wrote:why would girls who are already pretty go under the knives?
i don't see why not? probably this is something only girls can understand.
girls who are already pretty will see another girls who she thinks is prettier/better than her
i guess it's just the nature of human being that grass' always greener on the other side.
you always want to be better when you're compared to others no matter how good you are. especially in the entertaiment industry. where the pressure to look good is defintely high
now i don't see why you should be disappointed even if they WILL or already went under the knife
they're not doing it for the fans, it's for THEMSEVLES if they want to go under the knives
i mean if it makes them feel better about themselves then why not?
true fans will support them no matter what
Yes, exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Onyx wrote:I think part of it is that a lot of us (male fans?) just don't understand; we look at SCANDAL, including older pics and vids, and think, why would such beautiful girls feel they need plastic surgery?

And another part is that we only have a vague idea of what that really entails. We just picture an unattractive girl going into an operating room, and after hours of surgery, coming out with a new face. And it's just a repulsive thought somehow.

Maybe if there was someone here with more knowledge of these plastic surgery procedures, s/he could give examples of procedures that the SCANDAL members might have done, and exactly what that means? Then perhaps we'd start to understand more, and have less of an "OMG THE HORROR!!!" reaction.
Smile

I think a lot of us also just assume they would do (or have done) plastic surgery only to look better for the fans, hence the many "but we love them as they are" reactions.
Yeah, you guys are lucky, not really having to worry much about this "beauty" stuff, so, all of you guys need to understand that being a girl in this era can be pretty tough. Like what rock_chick said, "you always want to be better when you're compared to others no matter how good you are."

When you hear "plastic surgery" you do obvious think of something "bad" or "fake" or whatever, as bad examples of plastic surgery are everywhere you look, but you have to understand that most people--more specifically, young women--get plastic surgery because they're typically self-conscious of themselves. Other people shouldn't hate/dislike/look down on/etc. them for that. And besides; people usually themselves decide whether or not to get something done. And again, like what rock_chick said, when it comes down to it, getting something done is usually something you do for YOURSELF. Sure, people do get them for reasons like, "I want to be prettier so I can get a guy" or whatever, but a lot do get them because they want to feel better about themselves, and not get something done necessarily for others. I don't see how that's bad at all.

And, well, I did explain about the possibility that HARU has gotten her eyes done, and I did give an example of my friend who got her eyes done. Typically, that procedure basically just entails changing the eyelid crease, or "making" it if you didn't have a crease to begin with. It does make your eyes appear to be "bigger." And like I had said, my friend never liked the shape of her eyes, so she actually was a lot happier about her eyes after she had them done. She got them done for herself, not because she wanted to fit in, look prettier, look like someone else, etc. Of course we don't know and probably never will, but it was probably the same for HARU if she did get them done.

Basically, though: You own your own body. It's yours and no one else's, so I think it's fair game to do whatever you want to it, whether it be "bad" or "good."

2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 am

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:And, well, I did explain about the possibility that HARU has gotten her eyes done, and I did give an example of my friend who got her eyes done. Typically, that procedure basically just entails changing the eyelid crease, or "making" it if you didn't have a crease to begin with. It does make your eyes appear to be "bigger." And like I had said, my friend never liked the shape of her eyes, so she actually was a lot happier about her eyes after she had them done. She got them done for herself, not because she wanted to fit in, look prettier, look like someone else, etc. Of course we don't know and probably never will, but it was probably the same for HARU if she did get them done.
Sorry, you did mention that yes, and it's a relatively well known and common procedure so I was just sort of taking that for granted. In fact there is an "East Asian blepharoplasty" article on Wikipedia that I found some time ago. But that really illustrates my point - because I know and (I think) understand this procedure, it doesn't seem such a big deal, compared to some unknown, generic "plastic surgery".

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Basically, though: You own your own body. It's yours and no one else's, so I think it's fair game to do whatever you want to it, whether it be "bad" or "good."
Oh, but I absolutely agree with that! But I'd hate for the girls to feel a pressure to change for the fan's sake.

But as to the topic, did they have plastic surgery? Well the double eyelid surgery is so common that that wouldn't surprise me really, nor do I think it's a big deal if they did.

As to Rina's face, I've noticed that, that it seems more square sometimes, but I thought that was more a matter of facial expressions she makes while drumming. Maybe I should start paying more attention huh?

And of course growing up also accounts for some of the changes in appearance, and it also seemed to me that Mami has lost some weight at some point.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Onyx wrote:Oh, but I absolutely agree with that! But I'd hate for the girls to feel a pressure to change for the fan's sake.
Same here, but SCANDAL seems doesn't seem like they're type to change for their fans' sake. They all seem like very confident girls (wearing short skirts all the time...that's gotta count for some confidence lol), and I love that haha. Onion Whistle

Ah, I forgot to mention another possibility for RINA's face shape changing: simply, it's her haircut! Haircuts, done well, can do wonders for your face. Although her face does seem less square-ish than before, probably due to growing up, I still think her face is basically shaped the same, but the sides are hidden by her hair and therefore makes her face looks smaller. I have the same wide-ish type face as her (more oval than square, though), but when my hair covers the sides of my face, it instantly looks smaller/slimmer.

2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:40 am

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
That is really cool analysis, girls. Guess it takes a girl to know another girl. Being a guy myself, your thoughts definitely differs a lot from mine. But I am glad I got to hear from all of you. It sort of neutralised the topic and prevented it from 'crashing' into the extremes.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:53 am

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Ah, I forgot to mention another possibility for RINA's face shape changing: simply, it's her haircut! Haircuts, done well, can do wonders for your face. Although her face does seem less square-ish than before, probably due to growing up, I still think her face is basically shaped the same, but the sides are hidden by her hair and therefore makes her face looks smaller. I have the same wide-ish type face as her (more oval than square, though), but when my hair covers the sides of my face, it instantly looks smaller/slimmer.
I think you are right. Watch Rina closely on the Shunkan Sentimental PV. When she is standing, with her hair flying around, her face looks more square.

Not criticizing btw, I think she is beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:35 am

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
This thread got a lot of attention lately eh.. Hehehehe. Anyway, nice analysis there guiltyeyes and rock_chick. As for Rina's tranformation, I agree with guiltyeyes. It's all because of her hair! I myself have a rounded face, and when my hair is untamed you wouldn't notice that it's rounded. Hehehe. And as for Haruna, up until now, I really believed that it's because of the eye make-up, 'cause when I have that my eyes looked really bigger (and it is already big without make up hehe). But seeing guiltyeyes analysis, I'm considering the fact that she had it done. But I never really noticed the change in her eyes, maybe because it's not that pronounced? 'Cause it just got bigger by a couple of millimeters or so, in case she did that. Hehehe. But we'll never know right? We have to see her without make up so we can find out.

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:46 am

Goldenarms

International Performer
International Performer
can we just stop this freaking plastic surgery topic
and so what if they had plastic surgery? are you gonna start hating them just because of that freaking issue?
we all became SCANDAL fans because of their talent and being unique from other female artists. they just don't sing and dance, they play musical instruments too.

SCANDAL IS FREAKING AWESOME ROCK AND ROLL BAND PERIOD.

Haruna Makes My World Go Round
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Goldenarms wrote:can we just stop this freaking plastic surgery topic
and so what if they had plastic surgery? are you gonna start hating them just because of that freaking issue?
we all became SCANDAL fans because of their talent and being unique from other female artists. they just don't sing and dance, they play musical instruments too.

SCANDAL IS FREAKING AWESOME ROCK AND ROLL BAND PERIOD.

i don't think i've read anything about anyone saying he/she would start to hate them if they've had/will have plastic surgery. so do you mind telling me which one you're referring to cos i can't seem to get what you're talking about Wew

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
rock_chick wrote:i don't think i've read anything about anyone saying he/she would start to hate them if they've had/will have plastic surgery. so do you mind telling me which one you're referring to cos i can't seem to get what you're talking about Wew
lol my thoughts exactly. He obviously did not read through this thread at all, so maybe he just assumed someone said they'd start hating them, even though no one has said anything like that...? idk... Wew