Comments on SCANDAL's 2010 production.
Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:57 pm

BB

International Performer
International Performer
well, is almost soon the end of 2010. and yup, SCANDAL has become a lot more famous.

so here's the topic:

how did you feel about their contribution in 2010?

it can be based on all these:

on their singles release, album release?
their trip to HK and S'pore?
their uniforms?
their lives?
what is the best memory you have for SCANDAL in 2010?
radio programmes they had?

anything to say about HARUNA, TOMOMI, RINA, MAMI?

if there's any more you all want to say, please go ahead, the more comments, the better.

also, if there's any negative comments you wanna make on SCANDAL this year, go ahead. i mean, every artist has good and bad points. BUT PLEASE, do not lead this into a quarrel. RESPECT EACH OTHER'S OPINIONS!

so let's begin!

oops, i forget. expectations for them in 2011? like don't wanna see them in uniform already. type of songs you want to see them do more, etc.

Last edited by ftorres on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on SCANDAL's 2010 production.
Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:00 pm

ban

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Gah... Only performance I could watch was the Animax Musix..... The one they played Hajimete no Chuu in. Is that even in 2010?

Anyway... I love SCANDAL even more than how I did since last year! It's probably because of SH lol. Since joining SH I've been exposed to more SCANDAL.

Gahahahahaha. I feel that we've discovered a lot about SCANDAL this year.... and.. yeah, um I'll edit this once I think of more. xD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

STOP SCROLLING!!!!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:06 pm

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
2010 is a blast!!!

they released shunkan, taiyou, namida TB, nanka, and r-girls

imagine doing all of that in a year Hypnotized i cant imagine how busy our angels are..

add the HK and SG concerts to that plus the TB tour.. i even thought that "how the heck did they managed to do that?"

it might sound good but of course there's a negative side to that.. i mean cmon! Mr. Sony! hello?! these girls are human! give them a decent rest once in a while!

well leaving that aside.. the positive outcome is.. they became more popular!! many ppl acknowledged their talents and the girls managed to turn tons of ppl into "SCANDAL zombies" =Dp

well, i do hope another good year of them ahead but pls.. DON'T OVERWORK!!

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
this year is the BEST! not just for them but to their audience as well.

like what yuu said, they released 4 singles, 1 album and a cover mini-album..they just owned this year.
and the tour they did this year, and concerts were amazing. this was really their year.
although Mr.Sony pushed them to work extra hard them out this year as well XD

nonetheless, 2010 was a big year for them, and im so glad that i get to see them perform this year, hopefully the succeeding years as well with the whole SH .xD
i hope they work hard again, imma support whatever they do
Cheer Onion

Last edited by kaitoKid on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

for me 2010 is SCANDAL year...the singles, album, PB, DVDs, mini-album..they killed me...

and the climax for me is when I saw them with my own eyes at AFA X... Dead Onion

aahh..almost forgot to say it...2010 is SCANDAL-HEAVEN year too for me...I got a new family here...and had a nice trip with some of them when I was in SG...

one thing that I want to say to mami...sankyu so much for keep inspiring me...although YUH never know about it...but it's ok...I always wish YUH all the best there..gurarararara!!!

Heso...!!!

Hehee Hehee

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:45 pm

ANNY3003

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/scandalcantavn/
I think 2010 is a successful year of the girls... Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck
They tried their best...
I love all of singles they released... The songs, the PVs and the live tours are awsome...

I agree with haruhiyuu... "Please...DON'T OVERWORK"... ^o^
Keep going... SCANDAL...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
They have been working a lot this year, their production has gone over the roof!

My most memorable moment of 2010 of them would have to be Shunkan, once I knew they would be doing a song for Fullmetal.

I think the time from Shunkan to Taiyou was when they really started getting more fans.

Expectations for next year? Come to Canada. =Dp

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:01 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
For me, it is definitely the best year, since I got to see them perform live soon after I became a fan.

For the girls, I believe it to be the busiest so far, going by the number of albums and singles and live performances (local and overseas) they gave us fans. Definitely a fruitful year for them, with so much exposure and new places to explore.

Technically, I knew about them only this year, so the change in uniform did not really affected me much. From the videos I have come across so far, they definitely have matured over these 2 years after their debut in 2008. Comparing them now to 2 years ago, they are certainly more composed and steady during live. Well, I personally hope to see the playful side of them more, but it's not that they are not playful now, just less maybe.

Most memorable event in 2010 would be the AFAX 2010, since I managed to catch them live. It was an awesome performance (12 songs!! OMG) and they most definitely did not let the fans here down. Especially since this is their first time in Singapore, so I consider this to be one of their most memorable as well (Tomo's hippo at Night Safari, Haru's french fries at Macdonalds, Mami's omellete at the Maid Cafe, Rina's experince at 7-11).

All I wish for them in 2011 would be to stay happy and healthy and I know they will do the rest well. Happy Onion

Scandal Rox!!! Cheer Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:39 pm

elevenglass

International Performer
International Performer
http://scandal-thaifan.blogspot.com/
i knew SCANDAL since OCTOBER 2010 and suddenly ... i loved them>__<
[ love at first sight[ Love

on next week , i will recieve Temptation Box [CD+DVD Limited Edition]
i'm so excited for my first scandal production +__+

and sure!! the next production is R-GIRL'S ROCK MINI ALBUM
i will order it as soon as possible because NOW, my wallet 's ready!

and from now... i will support all scandal production

Expectations for next year?
i want scandal to come to Thailand
i want to meet haru chan , rina chan , tomo chan and mami chan
>__<

anything to say about HARUNA, TOMOMI, RINA, MAMI?
I LOVE YOU SOMUCH
I ALWAYS MISS YOU
I LISTEN YOUR SONG EVERYDAY + EVERYNIGHT
YOUR SONG MAKE ME HAPPY
SCANDAL MAKE ME HAVE A GOOD TIMES ON EVERYDAY
SCANDAL MAKE ME HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ON EVERYNIGHT

and take care of your self ^__^
go! ~ SCANDAL GOGO !!

(´・_・`)

h! SCANDAL BABY  ♪♪
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I think I'm very lucky to discover them this early in their career. Hopefully, it will be a long one. For us fans, that will be a hell of a ride.

The best thing so far for me is noticing them evolve musically from their indie days to TB to R Girls' Rock and everything in between. They are getting better and better and I can't wait to hear what they sound like on their next record. Unfortunately, that also means their songs are increasingly harder to tab Happy

My hope for them is that they become bigger than ZONE. It CAN happen if they do it right. My other hope for them is that they become bigger internationally. Maybe cut an English record one day? That would be a treat wouldn't it?

My only worry is that they get burned out too soon. They've been busy as hell and they really should slow it down a notch. I hope that this is because they want it to be so not because someone else is pushing them. It'll be some months before their next single comes out, so I hope they chill out and relax in the meantime. Maybe even go for a holiday even.

They've had a great year and they richly deserve it.

Whatever happens, I wish them every success and happiness. And for me to be able to catch them live next year..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm

~RHEN~

International Performer
International Performer
singing the OP of bleach and FMA made them famous.. plus their albums has so many promos like DVDs and PB which i think made them more popular to their listeners.. UHUH!

but we also need to thank the uploaders on Youtube.. =) they keep on uploading despite the fact that their accounts can be blocked due to copyrights..

one more thing.. although SONY literally made our girls become ROBOTS.. they did their best in promoting SCANDAL all over asia.. thanks SONY-san! Ho Onion

NEXT YEAR?
our girls can never ask for more.. lots of albums, popularity, live performances both local and international.. but i think they should have a break even a 2-week vacation can do.. Stress Onion

and of course.. THEY SHOULD VISIT THE PHILIPPINES!!!!!.. im so excited to see them in person! imma follow them wherever they go.. CEBU? FINE! BATANGAS? FINE.. anywhere!! Rage

I used to think that being LAZY was bad for me.. so i gave up THINKING
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I live in Europe so Japan is not so close to me and in my country almost nobody knows Scandal. So all I know is just I-net.

I see Haruna improved her singing skills because honestly in 2008 when I listen to the live performance of Shoujo S it was epic fail. Tomomi's voice was good but Haruna was singing so fake back then. Now I see in Scandal nanka buttobase, Shunkan sentimental, Namida no regret her vocals are much much better.
I also can say Tomomi and Haruna improved their guitar skills, cause again back then in 2008 I could say Mami was the only one playing.
I like their new songs where they've added some keyboards and violin like in Namida no regret.
Their new style is prettier than the old one. Shunkan sentimental and Taiyou to kimi ga egaku story's pvs are very stylish.
I can only dream about them visiting Bulgaria but I hope they make more concerts in Europe.

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒ DeviantART ♒ Tumblr ♒ MyAnimeList ♒ Last.fm 

♒ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:17 am

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
For me, 2010 will always be remembered as the year that I became a SCANDAL fan. And I am so happy to have become a fan at a time when these four girls have skyrocketed to popularity, both in and out of Japan. That's not to say that they weren't already popular before, though. But thanks to their hard work and effort this year that has produced 4 singles, an album, a mini-album, an appearance in a full-length animation film, and performances from Animax Musix (Spring AND Fall) to AFA X to the Temptation Box Tour across Japan, it's safe to say that they have already arrived at the next level of their careers, hopefully to climb many levels higher in the coming years.

Purchasing the Temptation Box album was one of my personal proudest moments this year; I went out of my way to get a copy considering the fact that they don't sell their CD's in our country. I guess that just proved how big a fan I am. Well... That, and joining the SH family this year too. It feels good to share this love for SCANDAL with people around the world. We're so awesome. :)

Expectations for 2011? Whatever music they do, whatever uniform they wear, and wherever they go (but please do consider the Philippines), the only thing we can expect is SCANDAL at their very best. Nothing more, nothing less. \m/

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
i've been a fan since 2008 and i must say they've come a long way and they've changed alot.nevertheless i still love them.
my highlight for 2010 is definetely SHUNKAN. thats my fave pv of them this year.
i hope they'd come up with more rocking songs like nanka next year =Dp

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:04 am

danny_warfield

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.warriorsofterrestria.wordpress.com
Altough I'm not a heavy duty Fanboy of scandal
but I really notice their activity (I was so rarely following artist news activity except laruku and maaya sakamoto)

I bet 2010 is year of SCANDAL because they have a lot lot active more than previous year (2008-2009)

the shunkan sentimental still the best PV they have made I guess.. but namida no regret the PV with more story telling was more what I want from scandal

since they really love to performing in live performance so I'll give 4 thumb for their activity.. but still.. somehow i felt that they looks overworked if i say so

but I guess that was also good for them because they could get more experience
and I noticed that every member has gain incredible improvement of their skill
(which I amazed with MAMI and RINA skill. and Now I feel more amazed)

since they all have graduated from high school.. their uniform concept also became more creative and vary (which I really love them all)

All anything I want to say about HARUNA, TOMOMI, RINA, MAMI
was "keep practicing improve your skill and always take care of your health
and always enjoy your live with full of happiness and keep your AKARUI for us"

My expectation for them in 2011
I hope they contributing more of their music in anime genre (because I think this genre will long lasting..)
more rocking music with rich guitar play, drum and bass slap (like roppongi shinjuu, and any other rock song)

I hope they will consider visit Indonesia too

Dear GOD, I promise, I'll become a good boy, so when I die, I could enter the heaven, and in there I could met and own the goddesses like HARU, MAMI, RINA and TOMO Please

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:31 am

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://ani-culture.net
Became a fan of SCANDAL this May, and I wondered how on earth I missed them throughout the whole 2009 when I was browsing up, down, left, right centre for new artistes to try out in cdjapan. . .

Nevertheless, I will come to that another time, probably you peeps can have a field day should I get thrown into the hotseat (/me sense evil thoughts).

Anyway, what I think of SCANDAL's 2010 is, what a very fruitful year in terms of their releases, tours. 4 singles, Shunkan, Taikimi, NNR, Nanka, 1 album, TB, 1 mini-album, RGR. Plus a Shunkan Spring tour, TB tour, 2 performances in Animax Spring, Fall, overseas performance in HK and SG all in a space of 11 months. I can safely say fans and neutrals alike must have been happy to see such production from this group of young highly talent girls.

Then as I managed to gather all of their singles released to date, I feel that overall, their earlier releases sounds more at home compared to some of the songs in TB and in Nanka. Maybe time for Sony/EPIC to let the girls have more say in recordings, back to the indie days?

But, at least their instrumental play have improved from their indie days till now, and perhaps we can get to hear different style of play in their newer releases?

Being a TOMO fan, I do really hope to hear more singing parts, especially after hearing SWITCH, Koi no Kajitsu. And of course her ever improving bass play, I like the bass in SWITCH.

Their choices of uniforms this year, wow, Shunkan is definitely HOT, but NNR PV uniforms is really rock gorgeous.

And of course, their participation in this year's AFA X. Nothing beats a LIVE band performanace! ! !

Seriously, I do really hoped that they will come back to SG for a concert of their own! Having been to solo concerts, nothing beats the feel and atmosphere there. If I Love Anisong concert is rockin, heh, you guys will definitely go HIGH!

And of course, the chance to meetup CLOSE with the girls during the interview I had, they are really gorgeous in person! ! ! Love

For next year, well, I do hope they get some good rest period, think they have sufficient songs to do some concerts or tours overseas, hopefully they will come back to SG for a solo concert!

Releases, heh, 2 or 3 well spaced singles do, no need for the mad rush this year, though my wallet can tank.

Last but not least, I wandered into this wonderful place in SH.

Clap

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:45 pm

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm impressed by the activity of the girls this year, though quantity doesn't make up completely for quality as I think Taiyou and Namida weren't very strong songs. However, shunkan was awesome and gained them a lot of popularity what with FMA etc.

They've got a lot more publicity and popularity and I'm glad that when I watch the top 30 oricon that Scandal's stuff really seems to stand out (to me anyway) and have managed high-ish places.

I'm glad they produced a new album, but i think the songs weren't as well produced as those for Best Scandal, or there was a greater divide between strong songs and weaker filler songs. For BS, there was an obvious effort to make each song the best they could. Nice One

Still, I'm glad for all the releases and PVs and the year has ended on a high with a commendable cover mini album which i think shows hugely improved instrumental skill, song arrangement and is a little more reminiscent of their older rock stuff. Also, the fact that they can get away with selling an album of covers of old classic rock n roll songs means they have a lot of popularity and have matured into professional musicians. Clap

I don't think the TB Tour was as good as the previous tours, maybe it was just the songs which I don't think suit live shows as much as those before. Also, they seemed less energetic (judging from Hello Hello performance) and seemed less to enjoy it. D: Also, sound management was not great judging by audio, Mami's guitar did not sound as good as it could live, and there was a little too much backing track. (Sounds negative but I still enjoy their lives!!!)

For 2011, i think that 3 singles spaced out througout the year would be enough, provided they were each awesome and unique in sound and promotion. One tour would be enough, maybe come to the UK?? I think Sony should give them a break, and also that they should get more of a say in their production and releases.
I look forward to development in their musical activity and careers!!! HORA!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:06 pm

vincendadiaz

International Performer
International Performer
Woah, they've done a really great job this year.

and one thing that impressed me, that they release new things, like singles or albums, etc, almost every month!
Sure, they are have a lot of energy.

From Shunkan until R-Girl's ROCK, this year sure are top productivity for them.

They went to ANIMAX MUSIX SPRING and FALL, went to HK and SG.
They sure are more famous compare last year.
and also the TB tour, no doubt about it. the stages are bigger means they really are more famous from time to time.

For the next year, i think releasing 3 or 4 think is good enough. No need to every month.

And i look forward for them to visit Indonesia next year Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:07 pm

jim

Banned
Banned
This year I also become fan of SCANDAL just after their visit to Singapore . Check them out late so no choice missed their concert in Suntec . Hopefully they will come Singapore again for a full 2 hrs concert . Then I sure try not to miss . haha .

Back to top Go down