how to you differentiate the voices?
Posted on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yes, I have this problem. So far i can only differentiate Tomomi and Haruna's from each other. I can't tell when it's Rina or Mami singing though... I know Rina has a very squeaky high voice but I can't tell if it's her or Tomomi singing. I can only recognise Mami's from Secret Base and maybe for a short bit in Nanka Buttobase...

Onion Depress

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

If the pouring rain stops, the new sky will shine. Anytime can change for sure, as long as you seriously wish for it everything will be alright. ~会いたい - SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Re: how to you differentiate the voices?
Posted on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:05 pm

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
"SUNNY DAY SUNDAY" would be a perfect song to illustrate this. (What's awesome is that Rina and Mami's parts in this song are next to each other.) I think "TOKYO" from the "BEST SCANDAL 2009" live DVD would also be a good example...

Mami's voice is actually the easier of the two to spot, because hers is a bit deeper. I read someone in another thread describe Mami's voice as a mix between Haru's and Tomo's, and I somewhat agree. Rina's voice IS a bit squeaky, but lower than Tomo's; I think Tomo has the highest voice out of the four. I guess if you could arrange their voices from lowest to highest, I think it would be Haru first, then Mami, then Rina, and then Tomo. :P

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Koi

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think that with the time you can differentiate all the voices. Try to listen the musics without doing anything, just listening.

Also try to watch the interviews that they always do in TV to se their voices while talking.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:21 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah, over time it becomes more obvious, though I agree that if it's the first time I listen to a new song I still may not be able to tell. I guess main problem is to distingiush between Haruna and Mami.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I find it hard to tell if Rina's singing though... she hardly sings in songs... Which part of Sunny Day Sunday did she sing?

If the pouring rain stops, the new sky will shine. Anytime can change for sure, as long as you seriously wish for it everything will be alright. ~会いたい - SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:15 pm

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
She sang the part after the guitar solo. (It's at 1:10, to be exact. :P)

And yeah, it could be hard at first. But I agree with Koi and chiy102. In time, you'll know right away who's singing if you just keep on listening. Watching a lot of live stuff helps, too. :)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:46 pm

axlmillia

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://sunburstyellow.tumblr.com
ooohh~ I didn't know Rina is doing solo in some of their songs. I thought she only do backing vocals.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:58 am

damatte0924

International Performer
International Performer
Hmm... a while back I had a hard time figuring our TOMO from RINA and HARU from MAMI. Yeah, I would stick to their advice and listen/watch to many of their songs and interviews. It sure helped me a lot! Nice One

"The Ballad"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hmm, from watching some lives and AFAX experience itself, I thought Rina has a higher pitched voice than Tomomi... but 1:10 of Sunny day sunday proves me wrong...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Jerec

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think Rina can sound higher-pitched than Tomomi sometimes because she's the youngest of the four and probably still has a few years before her voice settles somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:14 am

qx123

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haruna is pretty easy and i think mami is not hard either... she got quite a unique voice... somewhat soothing..

Tomomi is on the sharp side and its easier to mistake hers for rina... rina wise is somewhat on the sharp side and there is a bit of youthfulness and childishness in built in it so can use it to differentiate...

Back to top Go down