AnimeExpo - AX [Page 6 of 6]

Re: AnimeExpo - AX
Posted Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:41 am

UnknownSoldierGirl

UnknownSoldierGirl

Caless Student
Caless Student
bigOeyez wrote:I just got finished reading the info on AM2, so I just wanted to bump this post up and see what everyone is doing about AX?

With the new announcement (to me at least), I'm pretty sure that you'll make the jump to AM2 if all goes well, but I think with the price difference for registration, it'll be hard for anyone who hasn't bought a ticket for AX yet?

How's AM2 like anyways? Is it a debut year for them? Cause it'll pretty hard to compete with AX if it is... HA HA! ah AX has been waning anyways, so it's 50/50 from where I stand, but 100% to AM2 when SCANDAL is announced...

The only issue that I see in "switching cons" to attend is that AX has a no refund policy on their registrations, so it is pretty hard (at least monetary wise) to go to AM2. I wouldn't suggest those that have paid for AX to jump ship to AM2 because then the money paid for AX would be wasted. Just my thoughts.

AM2 is absolutely free, so one could attend both in that sense.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:35 am

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
We never bought tickets for AX since we all jumped ship to AM2 in hopes of SCANDAL being announced. We are still waiting on official announcements though

Also known as: Ross AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 251803 , Rossy Oliver the cute and fluffy AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 464571 , Rosa, and Pokey The Cute and Fluffy
AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 Rossba10
AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 Ugefu10

Wat- who said i was joking, be prepared to sit down with Luarahara tomorrow
One Word Story - "TOMOMI, surprisingly tomorrow, will thoseguiltyeyes with HARUNA kick snypershot in his crotch and punched his solar plexus that is hurting him everywhere."
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ah I see, I'm still looking into all the info on AM2 but I really wouldn't mind the drive down to Anaheim from LA after AX goes stale after a couple of hours... HA HA!

the free admission is a win on AM2 though... I'll check out both events since I can alter my route either way...

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Mercurius

Mercurius

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://greywings.net
And AX drops (what I consider) the bomb: Kalafina performing on 7/2:

http://www.anime-expo.org/2011/05/05/chart-topping-japanese-pop-trio-kalafina-will-perform-live-in-concert-at-anime-expo-2011/

Soooo torn right now. I got to see them at Anime Boston, and there will be a meet-and-greet this time. If SCANDAL's playing on 7/3 like I'm guessing, I just might split my trip between AX and AM2Con, since I don't think there will be any SCANDAL panels/autographs before 7/3.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 06, 2011 6:12 pm

shuythuyshuy

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mercurius wrote:And AX drops (what I consider) the bomb: Kalafina performing on 7/2:

http://www.anime-expo.org/2011/05/05/chart-topping-japanese-pop-trio-kalafina-will-perform-live-in-concert-at-anime-expo-2011/

Soooo torn right now. I got to see them at Anime Boston, and there will be a meet-and-greet this time. If SCANDAL's playing on 7/3 like I'm guessing, I just might split my trip between AX and AM2Con, since I don't think there will be any SCANDAL panels/autographs before 7/3.

If you have the money to do so, then I would advise you to do that Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Bumping this with some information.

SCANDAL will be attending Am^2 on Sunday July 03, so you guys might wanna go there.

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 5:02 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Oh wow, Hatsune Miku is performing live at AX!

If anybody cares.. lol.

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
well, I'm sold on AM2 now...

AX has been losing it's spark the last couple of years and last year just killed me...

I did volunteer work last year and happened to exchange words with the person next to me... so sad... the youngster didn't know who/what/where/when/why/etc. about Ranma... or Tekkaman... or Golgo 13... or Captain Harlock... or... *sigh*

I'm not that old either... HA HA! but alas, I'm heading to AM2 for the majority of the time so I'll be seeing everyone and anyone wherever!...

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 6 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down