RINA uses trigger? [Page 1 of 1]

RINA uses trigger?
Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 am

Riichan48

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
i'm really so curious if Rina really uses trigger on her drums ?
coz my friend says that in their recording, Rina is not the one who plays the drums.
he worked for sound engineer before btw so he know or he's sure bout it .
and he's referring to the songs from the R-Girl's Rock album coz of Rina's drumming there looks like an american style he said .
and he also said, "let's say Rina is playing the drums but not on a whole or it's cut."

argh~ i really don't get it .
what the sense of Rina's practicing very hard if she's not the one who plays on the drums in their recording?

and really don't understand what trigger means so i've searched for it ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), but still i don't understand it . Wew

i want to put my mind at peace so i've ask you guys in here.

sorry for my bad english . i hope you understand what i am trying to say .

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: RINA uses trigger?
Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

well..I don't really know much about something like this...

but I saw RINA performed with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears...and she played great there...

so..if RINA can doing well in live performance...why doesn't she do it in recording??

that's my opinion...but like I said...I don't really know much about music producing...

Heso...!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hehee Hehee

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:10 am

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
What trigger? As far as I understand, triggers are used in acoustic drum kits like piezo. Or in simple terms as a pickup like on a electric guitar but a slightly different kind. It sounds brighter compared to traditional electric guitar pickups. Using it for drums instead of condense/dynamic microphones would be ideal because of the ease of its installation and a better frequency range I suppose? Now if that is the trigger he meant, then he doesn't make sense.

And american style drumming? There's only beats and limited notes in drums (eg. bass drum is tuned to E), so how can he say american style?

Are you sure that he worked for a sound engineer?

Last edited by mikan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
that might be true or not true. we won't be able to tell what's really going on in the studio. not that i'm doubting rina or anything. but we just can't be 100% sure about anything

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Basically, a drum trigger is like a guitar pickup ie it "picks up" vibrations from a drum head and sends it to other equipment like effects modules etc. More or less anyway, I'm no expert myself. Triggers are what makes electronic drum kits work. Again, I'm no expert and this is what I can gather on my own. Rina might have used triggers to add effects to the drums track. It's not unusual.

As for whether Rina is the one playing drums or not on R Girls Rock, I have no reason to believe she didn't. While the drumming on that album is more difficult and in a different "style" from what Rina usually does, it's not really a huge jump. Nothing a few hours of practice won't fix anyway.

Another thing, Rina has mentioned playing and practicing using percussion notation i.e sheet music. If she can read sheet music, she just needs to practice and that will be enough regardless of "styles". Heck, she'd be able to play free jazz pieces if she could read music. Just needs to practice, that's all.

I really doubt SCANDAL would risk using sessionists like that. If God forbid they do and get found out...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Rina apparently is a pretty good pianist and keyboardist, so I wouldn't be all that shocked if she could read sheet music well '.'

And just because the style is different, does it really matter? Rina drummed for SCANDAL for what, 30 - 40 songs and they would use effects for this album only? An album which is a tribute and has only 4 new songs? Kinda illogical.

But well, yes, it's a possibility, just a very slim one.

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 am

Riichan48

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Koide Namizo wrote:Heso...!!!

well..I don't really know much about something like this...

but I saw RINA performed with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears...and she played great there...

so..if RINA can doing well in live performance...why doesn't she do it in recording??

that's my opinion...but like I said...I don't really know much about music producing...

Heso...!!!
--- that's what i said to him!!

mikan wrote:What trigger? As far as I understand, triggers are used in acoustic drum kits like piezo. Or in simple terms as a pickup like on a electric guitar but a slightly different kind. It sounds brighter compared to traditional electric guitar pickups. Using it for drums instead of condense/dynamic microphones would be ideal because of the ease of its installation and a better frequency range I suppose? Now if that is the trigger he meant, then he doesn't make sense.

And american style drumming? There's only beats and limited notes in drums (eg. bass drum is tuned to E), so how can he say american style?

Are you sure that he worked for a sound engineer?
-- lol. i dunno. he said american style .. xD and i'm not sure if he really worked for a sound engineer . he just said it. he also said that he's also a drummer and he's using a trigger in their recording so he knows bout it.

-- and how many times i've trying to understand what's trigger mean, but i can't . whoah? i'm so slow . xD

-- oh well let's say Rina might uses trigger, but she's still the one who plays her drums ..
so i really disagree to him on what he said that it's not Rina and it's other person .

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:04 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
What i think is,

RINA records her own drum pieces for the album.I dun see the point in getting a session musician to record for you and then learn the songs again for live performances.Bit of a waste of money,isn't it?Why get a musician to record it for you if

1.You're the artist and it's your band's album
2.You're going to play it live anyways

Just in case you didn't know,songs from R-Girl's Rock have been performed live before.

And personally i've heard and seen her drum in live performances with my own eyes.Unles they're really faulty and i need new contact lenses,she's awesome on drums.

Last edited by EugeneAng on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 pm

danny_warfield

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.warriorsofterrestria.wordpress.com
I absolutely sure RINA's skill in music is PURE :D

CMIIW, did she ever mention (I forgot when) that when in practicing new song, she always try hard and harder when she found she couldn't play the tempo well

(looks like it was said in interview in melodix? CMIIW)

Dear GOD, I promise, I'll become a good boy, so when I die, I could enter the heaven, and in there I could met and own the goddesses like HARU, MAMI, RINA and TOMO Please

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:15 pm

damatte0924

International Performer
International Performer
Somehow I think, since RINA has been practicing a lot and SCANDAL has been improving their sound style, that she's capable of doing those kind of drumming styles. If she has used a trigger, then it wouldn't make any sense seeing that she's improved a lot. And as many of you have said, if she's improving and getting better (lol redundance...), and that she can read music sheets on an advanced level, then I won't doubt her abilities. Unless of course there's a reaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy logical explanation to this conundrum. Ehem

"The Ballad"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://plus.google.com/+PeterZurkirchen
Unless of course there's a reaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy logical explanation to this conundrum.
Here is a logical explanation. First of all, when you have people who are successful and popular, there will be detractors. It happens to others, it will happen to SCANDAL. Then we have some anonymous person who's only qualification is that he works for a sound engineer. What does that mean? He hangs out at the local amateur recording studio and he goes to Starbucks to get coffee for the sound engineer? I don't see much of a credible source here.

On the other hand, the album has been out for months, and many people have listened to it. If there is really something suspicious going on with Rina's drumming, wouldn't more people have noticed that? It's not like this whole thing with triggers is some dark insider secret, only known to people who run errands for unknown sound engineers.

Now I don't know that it would even be an issue if Rina decided to use triggers. But I haven't even seen any credible argument that she is. It all comes from an anonymous source who may not even know what he's talking about.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 am

elevenglass

International Performer
International Performer
http://scandal-thaifan.blogspot.com/
i don't know about drums too much But I TRUST IN RINA
RINA is awesome girl drummer

(´・_・`)

h! SCANDAL BABY  ♪♪
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 am

Karinu-chan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, her using triggers or not is redundant to whether she plays the drums on the album or doesn't, since triggers are essentially more of a sound / volume enhancement than anything else. I don't think she uses them either though, because every drum seems to be at a normal volume, but who knows.

Anyway, regarding the drumming, I still think it's Rina playing those drums. Same type of drum fills, rhythms, etc. characteristic to her style, just a tad more complex. It just really doesn't differ drastically enough for me to think it's someone else drumming. In my opinion, it's just her continuous advancement as a drummer showing here.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Vallerie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.fanfiction.net/~noirheart
Hmmm... Same as the majority above,, I don't know what trigger is at all.

Rina's obviously and absolutely playing her own part. Okay,, maybe in studio the drums sounds were enhanced or something,, but whose artist hasn't? In studio and recording,, we need to make the sound near perfect,, and it's nearly impossible to not add an enhancement. And Rina's no different. She plays as best as she can,, and then let the mixer/engineer do the job.

And from Koide's testimonial from their live at Singapore,, isn't it crystal clear that Rina can play her drums? So don't let random people say their random thought get into you and effecting your belief toward your favorite band. I've seen many people doubting Scandal, and I have shooed them all. Chest Tap

[b]If I could make one wish that God would grant to happen, it is to meet Rina once in my lifetime before I breath my last[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:06 pm

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
EugeneAng wrote:What i think is,

RINA records her own drum pieces for the album.I dun see the point in getting a session musician to record for you and then learn the songs again for live performances.Bit of a waste of money,isn't it?Why get a musician to record it for you if

1.You're the artist and it's your band's album
2.You're going to play it live anyways.

^ Agree! It's like "why review for an exam if you're not going to take it?" And I dunno what this trigger is all about. And according to the members' reply, using a trigger may enhance the quality of the sound of the drums. Honestly, what is wrong with that?

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Your friend might be a sound engineer, but I'm a SCANDAL fan and I can tell that they are legit.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:20 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://chris87.multiply.com
Let's just say this: yUuki♥rina's friend who claims that Rina uses triggers for her drums is probably jealous that someone who is petite and looks nothing like a drummer could play the drums so well. But, Rina has had some classical training on the piano when she was much younger correct? So she can read sheet music and has some understanding of how to read music, so why all the hype and noise on this issue? If you wanna talk about Rina, why not talk about Mami or Tomomi or Haruna too? They were all fantastic on R Girls Rock! too, especially Mami, her solo on Rock 'n' Roll Widow is testament to that. I am sometimes surprised and awestruck that they can play so well at their age and I do get a little obsessive about how they play their instruments, etc. but it's ridiculous that so much attention is paid to that and especially to how they could play so well. The answer: Practice, lots and lots of it. They're not naturally gifted but they're talented and they work hard to hone their craft so it's not surprising that they can play as well as they can, and in addition they have been a band for over 4 years, and they've been learning their respective instruments for much longer. And here's something else: not all their songs were written and composed by them, at least once they became more popular that is (they do collaborate with lyricists on their songs though), so why not talk about that? I think there's a tad too much thinking about SCANDAL, don't get too obsessed ok guys?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 pm

alrick13

in a drummers perspective, is the drums for the R-Girls songs hard in comparison to their previous songs? I'm not a musician but for me I think it's not hard for Rina to learn... given her natural affinity to music.

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Riichan48

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hai hai hai ! i agree to all of you .. you guys are right !

i believe in Rina's skill and i believe in her that she can do it very well without other doing on what she can ..

argh~ how to said it ?
he said inaasar lng kita. ang srap moh kasing asarin eh
he's playing trick on me! he's taking advantage of me makes angry so easily.
but he's keep on saying that it's really probable that Rina uses trigger .

but i know that Rina practices drums very hard and what they said that Rina has a lot of spirit and doing her best in her mistakes to make it right or perfect.
so i don't think also that Rina is not the one who plays drums in their recording.

and at the trigger thing nevermind. even if she uses it or not, she's still Rina the drummer that i love . xD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
If that's the way you feel, then I will close this up.

If anyone disagrees, send me a PM.

Back to top Go down