How proud of PRIDE are you?
Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Pride PV is out. Totally nothing like CUTE. Awesome. Great job girls!

Discuss.

Edit:- For those of you who can't access the media section, here it is:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Watch it quick before it gets taken down.

Edit 2: I posted this early in the morning at 2.15am and have to go work after that so I had no chance to elaborate. So now that I got free time...

I like this video. The girls look great and noticeably older and less "girlie". They are growing up and it shows. While the concept is rather simple, it works in presenting the energy of the song. I like the new uniform and the bad ass posing. Not the usual SCANDAL stuff. The transition between black and white backgrounds is pretty cool too.

Having said that, the video might seem a little TOO simple and for some reason it gave me the impression that it was a bit of a rush job. It's probably the editing... It would've also been much better if they had just stuck to black and white colours. The pinks flashes can get a little jarring. But that's just me.

All in all, a good effort. I enjoyed it quite a lot and am looking forward to more.

Last edited by macdyne73 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: How proud of PRIDE are you?
Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 pm

gabe_majere

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hoooo the emotion, thnx a lot for the PV Amazed
i really don get the flashing words, is a very rock style, no dancing
they look amazing, in general is a great pv, at least for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:45 pm

furyshinobi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.last.fm/user/furyshinobi/
gabe_majere wrote:Hoooo the emotion, thnx a lot for the PV Amazed
i really don get the flashing words, is a very rock style, no dancing
they look amazing, in general is a great pv, at least for me.

It took me awhile to figure out why they used the flashing words. It's a small thumbs up to the Star Driver anime, if you watch the ending credits you sort of get the idea =] Yup, SCANDAL looks amazing like always and black does look very nice on them. This took over Shunkan as my fav PV by them Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:02 pm

jc8721

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
sorry guys...
i think this pv is too simple>< i m not satisfied..
it juz had some of their jamming and solo parts shots (although they looks cool) .. then some flashing words.... too less dancing..

i expected sth more than this Onion Depress

but...
the shots that they broke the glasses(?) r cool.
and there r many haru's big shot. she is really hot and beautiful!

btw,
is the pv supposed to be 3D?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 pm

alrick13

I really like the pv except for the pink text screen, it's just so annoying it takes away your rhythm in watching. Some says it is as reference to Star Driver. Well if that's the case it can be help since the song was used as part of an anime production. Just a speculation though, maybe the pv is co produce by Star Driver (don't know the company name) so some of the parts are compromise...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
@alrick13: Star Driver is created/produced by Bones (they produced the Fullmetal Alchemist animes and such), but I somehow doubt they co-produce any music videos, or had a say in this one.

Anyway, I really like the Pride PV. The girls look amazing in it, and I like the kicks/jumps/etc. + the moves that are choreographed. The uniform is even nicer/shinier than I thought, too; I didn't realize there were lots of black sequins on it as well haha Nice One

Though at the same time I'm kind of...eh about the video. haha that's the best way I can describe it. I don't like the flashing lyrics on screen either (I also watch SD but don't get how that could possibly be tied into the ED...); they're distracting, and I think the video could have definitely done without them.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee
It is very simple, but I get the feeling that this is because it will be released in 3D later.
You can't jam in that much detail for a 3D PV, especially when you are using the basic red and blue glasses.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 am

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
alrick13 wrote:I really like the pv except for the pink text screen, it's just so annoying it takes away your rhythm in watching. Some says it is as reference to Star Driver. Well if that's the case it can be help since the song was used as part of an anime production. Just a speculation though, maybe the pv is co produce by Star Driver (don't know the company name) so some of the parts are compromise...

BONES is not associated with this in any way.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:14 am

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
i was watching it and was kinda like...eh....i mean i liked the video overall cause it' was freaking awesome when they did the kicks but the flashing words....not what i was hoping for. really distracting and i think it could have done good without it.

but overall like i said. great and awesome pv! the kicks were pretty cool and the braking glass. nice

SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Lexian's thoughts and opinions on the Pride PV
Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 am

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
I'm putting my thoughts and opinions on the Pride PV in a spoiler thing because I don't want everyone else to be attacked by my massive wall of text. Happy

Spoiler:
Alright! The full PV for Pride has been released woot!
OPINION TIME!!!
Well, when the Pride PV Preview was posted I was considered to be "on the fence."
I did not dislike the video & song nor did I absolutely adore it.Onion huh?
Now, having watched the full video, I can say that I have fallen off the fence and landed on the dislike side. The video is not one of SCANDAL's finest but it's not a total wreck. I really like how SCANDAL/ the video director is trying to express the feeling of being proud without being over-the-top or fancy. The black and white element in the beginning was a nice touch as well. My favourite part of the video is probably 3:12 to 3:30.
Plain and simple-ish videos can be awesome(example: BEAUTeen!! or even TaiKimi) but to me, the video for Pride was a bit of a let-down. I didn't really like the confetti/sparkles that kept on raining on the girls throughout the video. I felt that that could have been held off until the last portion of the song, you know, to give that last "blast" of energy to the video. The flashes of pink background with text eventually became an eyesore to me and it kind of feels like subliminal messaging. The slow-motion was nice at times(especially on the shots with Haruna) but at other times, it felt a little messy. The same can be said with the glass-shattering part and the "white background" part at the end(seems like bad editing to me). The choreography was okay, it was neither spectacular nor was it distracting.
Overall, I would say that I'm not "proud of pride" but I'm not ashamed either. :> Still, great job SCANDAL and hopefully their future singles/PV's will be more appealing to me! Haha, I've got my eyes on you "Haruka"!(the next single).

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:12 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
i really think this PV is amazing. i,in fact havent really liked any PV that SCANDAL released after shunkan. most of them happen to be my least fave PV,like takimi and CUTE. it looks like they're just dancing and not even really playing their instruments. but with PRIDE. it totally brings me back to the DOLL era. when i just started to like them. which had no choreo whatsoever in it back then.just the girls rocking out.nothing else
with PRIDE it's like i'm seeing a more mature version of DOLL and SAKURA goodbye. they're maturing in a really classy way
all the moves kickass. i'm so proud of this PV . cos after CUTE which is disappointing for me, since it looks more like a TV advertising than a SCANDAL PV, this totally makes me fall in love with them all over again
nice song,great PV , i'm looking forward for more PVs like this in the future Happy Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 am

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Personally I like it. Well I have got no preference nor dislike about the pink text screen. It sort of gives me the feeling that I am watching a movie trailer (notice how movie trailers sometimes flash the texts around?) Cool PV for me.

Additional point I feel about the PV: think that the confetti and the simple, plain backgrounds are due to the need to showcase it in 3D. If I notice correctly, those confetti looks a bit blurry and excessive in some shots. Like those 3D movies, you get this feeling if you watch a 3D production in 2D, cuz it does not mean anything when you view it in 2D. In fact, the flashing pink text screens could have that 3D effect too. (my own speculations, not a graphics person here)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:34 am

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
After watching it a couple of times I just realized I'm completely tuning out the pink text flashes... don't even notice them anymore.

Social networks: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:47 am

alrick13

@320x200
You're right after sometime you'll get used to it

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:41 am

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
its too simple but i like it in many ways

and the song is damn good so i dont have any complains =Dp

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:04 am

BB

International Performer
International Performer
what i think is that this time they go for a simpler approach. Nanka has much more choreography so this time round cut short.

the only bad point i mentioned is the words. the words are actually fine, but is that pink background which sometimes hurt my eyes.

but overall, the starting point where they kick is great enough. throughout the PV, the girls show how much Pride do they have and black/white effect to colour is very nice. made me think back of the older times. =Dp.

if you ask me give a score out of 10, i will say 8. it's attractive, but it can be done even better.

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:08 am

HaruhoKaisser

International Performer
International Performer
finished watching this video , I think the PRIDE PV is good ! The girls look really amazing here , no doubt . Even though at some times the confetti's just too much and sometimes the pink screen is a little bit disturbing LOL
Overall a really good PV , I like the PV in many ways , definitely one of my favourites Happy

The President of The Avatarless Clan, back in action!! *insert some cool-looking pose here* xD
----------

United by the love for SCANDAL~
----------
damatte0924 : Ed, I wanna go back to being the old Lexy Darla, I don't want hair!! especially long and lavishing straight hair from a shampoo commercial D<
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 am

Aiur

International Performer
International Performer
Very nice PV! no doubt!

You don't want to mess up with the girls'

haruna'll give you a kick
mami'll give you a sucker punch
rina'll shoot you with her gun
tomomi'll give you... maybe a kick too???

LOL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, as I said previously, I thought that it was pretty darn good, but not as amazing as I expected it to be.

CUTE had really set high standards for this one, and not because CUTE itself was a particularly good PV, simply because SCANDAL needed to tune up the rock a bit instead of going for the girly image again '.'

While I found their whole posing and confetti showering thing kinda nice, it felt like it was too simple and dare I say, half-assed. I'm no professional video editor, so I am in no position to comment on the editing team's work, but personally, I think I can do better. While some parts were well done, (shattering glass comes to mind), I felt that the video focused way too much on Haruna, which is not bad in itself, but kind of going against SCANDAL's principles. *shrug*

I enjoyed it though, and while it could've been better, much better, I think that it did enough to warrant my admiration, just that....I dunno, it feels like wasted potential. It had the chance to be one of their best PVs of all time but instead, it just did barely enough to graze the above-average scale.

But less choreography, and more jamming, which is good. Tbh, Nanka Buttobase kind of killed their dancing for me xD

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 pm

gunnersforlife

International Performer
International Performer
http://gunners-4life.blogspot.com/
Well it's a good PV, but it's not outstanding in my opinion.
I dunno if I disappointed because I expected too much on this PV - I expected something even better than Shunkan Sentimental
Like Paladinoras said, this could be their best PV, but well, it's not as outstanding as everyone expected.
I like the breaking glass scene Nice One
Anyway, I don't really like the pinky background text, it quite annoys me..
But in overall, I enjoy this PV..

thanks kaito for the userbar

16.09.2011 SCANDAL Asia Tour 2011 「Baby Action」
16.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
08.05.2015 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」 - Singapore

Join IDSH FB Group (PM me so I can accept you!) : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I loved it!(oh what the hell I love everything they do XD)

It could have done without the pink lyrics thing. and the background could have had a little more detail, but I still love it Love
I always love their dancing. Dance the whole PV or very little, I'm still happy Clap

The kicks and glass breaking and the confetti were total WIN!!!!
Overall great PV, the girls never disappoint!!!

四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:00 am

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
I just saw the Pride PV... Well at first I'm so annoyed with the pink background (they should've focused on black and white) but after watching it a few more times I totally didn't notice the pink background anymore. Heheheh. Though the PV is so simple, it brought out the rock-ish side of SCANDAL. And for the first time, Haruna stood out in their PV as the frontwoman of SCANDAL. And I really love that! Hahaha.

PS

I just noticed it now: they're not wearing their high-heeled boots. Hehehe.

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:16 pm

cherii05

Caless Student
Caless Student
i'm quite disappointed in the PV of PRIDE :'(, it's too rushed. they could do better. and what's with the pink back ground ?!? XD also the effects.

LOL

haruu <3
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 pm

scankpearldal

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://kp3partsandmusic.blogspot.com/
im PROUD in the "song" PRIDE but not for the PV.. coz i hate the PINK BG. Cry

Back to top Go down