Go down

GREEN DAY THREAD [Page 1 of 1]

GREEN DAY THREAD
Posted Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 am

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hey guys, I'M A BIG FAN OF GREEN DAY, THEY ARE THE REASON WHY I STARTED LISTENING TO ROCK N' ROLL...(well i started listening to good music when i listen to my father's car playlist of 'the beatles' at the car stereo)..

so anyone who loves green day, and who doesn't give a damn about whether they are still punk or not, come and join the minority...

as for green day news, as scandal is getting ready for their new live-dvd, green day to is releasing their newest live-album and dvd..... can't wait for both....

P.S. green day, breaking the punk code no.1 , is the most-punk move they ever did. so please, no bashing.
and if you want to share anything, you are free to do so .cool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Re: GREEN DAY THREAD
Posted Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:41 pm

[SuzuKi_RiNa}

Caless Student
Caless Student
...green day lover here

..(Basket Case-fave song of green day) .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:53 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
WOW, basketcase i like that too...that is like in my top 5

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:30 am

zero_shiki

zero_shiki

Caless Student
Caless Student
greenday fan here since the 90s.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:28 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
Green Day is what I grew up listening to, here in America.

facebook page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
youtube page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
our music page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:22 am

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wow I didn't know that such a thread exists!
my favorite Green Day song is Jesus of Suburbia, my favorite part of it city of the damned. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
so 3 new albums, I honestly dislike the names and cover, so boring. And come on, why putting Tre on Tre? They could have make a joke with that, like putting Jason on the cover.
But I hope I like what I'll hear in September.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
Did you guys see Green Day at the iHeartRadio concert? They got half of their set list cut, so that Usher could have more time to perform, and this is what happened:

Warning - The F word is used several times if you are offended by stuff like that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Counterclock

Counterclock

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ Yeah read in the news they cut Green Day's time to make room for Usher. Im not gonna bash Usher cuase I know he's talented, but GD deserved more respect.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
yoshinator54 wrote:Did you guys see Green Day at the iHeartRadio concert? They got half of their set list cut, so that Usher could have more time to perform, and this is what happened:

Warning - The F word is used several times if you are offended by stuff like that.

That is not fair.... not half of their setlist... so what? Usher can perform his full set list? Aleast a few more songs... I would be fuming if I was him... anyone would be! They have been around since the later 80s 5 years before Usher came out... respect for the band!

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
who amog you here is gonna get "UNO" the first album of green day's epic trilogy album, Happy, and yeah, the incident on iheart radio, is EPIC

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 am

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
I'm planning on getting Uno and Dos and Tre when they come out.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:59 pm

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
so, what do you all think of Uno and Dos?
I gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed. I like Uno overall, though many songs sound too much like some of their old ones. But it has some nice ones like Nuclear family, stay the night, kill the dj and rusty james.
On the other hand, the songs on Dos are really repetitive and I couldn't find a song that I like right from the beginning [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I think it would have been better to make just 1 album with the best of the 3. Anyway, now I can still hope Tré won't let me down.

Last edited by ~Tomami~ on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:05 pm

nhv_howell

nhv_howell

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Fan here

wake me up when September ends is my fav

:onionrider: Lez do dizz :workhard:

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 am

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
~Tomami~ wrote:so, what do you all think of Uno and Dos?
I gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed. I like Uno overall, though many songs sound too much like some of their old ones. But it has some nice ones like Nuclear family, stay the night, kill the dj and rusty james.
On the other hand, the songs on Dos are really repetitive and I couldn't find a song that I like right from the beginning [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I think it would have been better to make just 1 album with the best of the 3. Anyway, now I can still hope Tré won't let me down.

i think DOS is cooler than UNO.. it has more rock n roll edge in it..... the songs in DOS doesn't slow down until the last song... oh well.. it still comes down to what kind of Rock n roll you like... BUT I THINK THE TRILOGY IS REALLY AWESOME AND EPIC .dance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 pm

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
billyboy wrote:i think DOS is cooler than UNO.. it has more rock n roll edge in it..... the songs in DOS doesn't slow down until the last song... oh well.. it still comes down to what kind of Rock n roll you like... BUT I THINK THE TRILOGY IS REALLY AWESOME AND EPIC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
after listening a lot of times more now, I came to like some songs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Those would be: Lazy Bones, Stray heart, Nightlife and Amy. F**k time is good, but I think I need to get used to the studio version. A lot of people seem to hate Nightlife, I like the different style. But overall it's still not that great imo.
I guess I'm a minority fan anyway, cause I think 21st Century Breakdown was their best album. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I also love Nimrod very much, more than Dookie

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
~Tomami~ wrote:
billyboy wrote:i think DOS is cooler than UNO.. it has more rock n roll edge in it..... the songs in DOS doesn't slow down until the last song... oh well.. it still comes down to what kind of Rock n roll you like... BUT I THINK THE TRILOGY IS REALLY AWESOME AND EPIC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
after listening a lot of times more now, I came to like some songs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Those would be: Lazy Bones, Stray heart, Nightlife and Amy. F**k time is good, but I think I need to get used to the studio version. A lot of people seem to hate Nightlife, I like the different style. But overall it's still not that great imo.
I guess I'm a minority fan anyway, cause I think 21st Century Breakdown was their best album. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I also love Nimrod very much, more than Dookie

exactly said, with the nightliofe i think, lady cobra's voice.. is kinda.. XD I LIKE IT... and it's cool, the song, is stuck in my playlist when i first got DOS.. XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 pm

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
there is one good thing about Dos though, it made me like Uno much more [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
What is/are your favorite song? My all time favorite is probably Jesus of Suburbia, especially city of the damned.

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:36 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
~Tomami~ wrote:there is one good thing about Dos though, it made me like Uno much more [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
What is/are your favorite song? My all time favorite is probably Jesus of Suburbia, especially city of the damned.

favorite song you say?,XD .. i really don't know, but i would go for basket case.. or she.... or, whatsername.... i really can't choose.... .sweat.
but, maybe i would go for "last night on earth".. i don't know, coz, i really like Billie joe's songwriting, not just the lyrics, but the music he tries to create, just like lennon, dylan, McCarthney.... etc. .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:52 pm

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
so now Tre is released and I'm still not sure how to think about the whole triology [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] there are some really nice songs on all 3 albums, but overall they're not really strong. Maybe I'm just not such a huge fan anymore, I would still go on a concert any day though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My ranking of the albums right now would be: Uno > Tre > Dos
but I haven't listened to Tre that much yet, so maybe it will go up.

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.