Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:39 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
IS: Infinite Stratos Is4
Houki Shinonono and Ichika Orimura

PLOT (As taken from wikipedia):

In the near future, a Japanese scientist engineers a powered exoskeleton called "Infinite Stratos" (IS). Possessing technology and combat capabilities far more advanced than any other weapon system, the IS threatens to destabilize the world. Faced with such an overpowering weapon, the nations of the world enact the "Alaska Treaty", which states that IS will never be used for military combat and that existing IS technology must be equally distributed to all nations, to prevent any one nation from dominating the others. The introduction of the IS does however have a major effect on society. As IS can only be operated by women, the power balance between men and women is broken, with women coming to dominate society over men.

Ten years after the first IS were introduced, the world has entered a new age of peace. The peace is shattered, however, by an unexpected discovery. A 15 year old Japanese boy, named Ichika Orimura, is discovered to be capable of operating an IS. Realizing the potential, Ichika is forced by the Japanese government to attend the prestigious Infinite Stratos Academy, an international academy where IS pilots from all over the world are trained. Thus his busy school life surrounded by girls begins.

CHARACTERS:

Ichika Orimura - The protagonist of Infinite Stratos. He pilots the Byakushiki IS, one of only two developed 4th generation IS and a short-range melee-class IS. He also possesses the Yukihira Type 2, an IS energy blade that once belonged to his sister.
IS: Infinite Stratos Infinite-stratos
From left to right: Laura Bodewig, Cecilia Alcott, Houki Shinonono, Rin Fan and Charlotte Dunoa
Shinonono Houki - A childhood friend of Ichika and is very accomplished in Kendo. Originally not possessing a personal IS, she later receives and pilots the Akatsubaki IS, one of only two developed 4th generation IS and a short-range melee-class IS.

Cecilia Alcott - The IS cadet representative from England, as part of the British Aristocracy. She pilots the Blue Tears IS, a long-range sniper-class IS, which can deploy four remotely controlled "drones" (aka "Blue Tears", for which the IS is named) for engaging enemies at short and medium range.

Rin Fan - The IS cadet representative from China. Like Houki, Rin has been friends with Ichika since they were little. She pilots the Shenlong IS, a short-to-medium-range melee-type IS with powerful "Impact Cannons" hidden in the shoulder armor.

Charlotte Dunoa - The IS cadet representative from France. Charlotte was originally introduced in the series as "Charles", the second "male" IS pilot student that was transferred into Ichika's class. She pilots the Rafale Revive Custom II IS, a multi-range IS possessing a wide array of interchangeable weapons allowing for fast battlefield adaptation and capable of performing the ignition boost.

Laura Bodewig - The IS cadet representative from Germany. A genetically-engineered super-soldier, Laura is a member of the German IS special forces, Schwarzer Hase (Black Rabbit) and holds the rank of second lieutenant. Laura pilots the Schwarzer Regen IS, a medium-to-long-range artillery-type IS.

I thought Plutonium already made a thread for this, since it seems he's a fan of Houki. Hehehe. Anyway, since there's no thread for this, I decided to make one. I really like this anime, first time I liked a mecha anime since Gundam Wing. The story's quite messy at times, but over all it's great. I really love the battle scenes (though the big ones are yet to come) and how insensitive Ichika can be every time. Haha LOL. And my favorite character is Houki. Right now, she's the most weak among the girls, mainly because she don't posses a personla IS. But my intuition is correct, she will later recieve her personal IS(quite predictable actually, 'cause her sister is the creator of IS).

So what do you think guys? (Calling out all the fanboys! Hehe)

IS: Infinite Stratos Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Re: IS: Infinite Stratos
Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I actually am just too lazy to make new threads for every single anime I'm watching now. So if someone else makes it, I'll join in on the conversation haha.

I really enjoy this anime, even though it's completely predictable harem series. Although 13 episodes is too little, hopefully there will be more seasons to come as long as the VN gets bigger.

Houki is my favourite character since episode 1, so that isn't going to change anytime soon. =Dp (Although she is getting quite a bit of "meme-like" potential on 4chan as the next spinzaku)

Anyone know Pika-tan? The girl who has the small eyes that's always so cheerful wearing the pikachu outfit. She is getting a lot of attention lately too..

Spoiler:

IS: Infinite Stratos Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:36 pm

HaruhoKaisser

International Performer
International Performer
Yay !! Infinite Stratos fan here :D but I'm not a super big fan or something hehe
IS is good enough , I quite enjoy watching it~ For the time being , I like Charlotte the most .love. She's a nice girl LOVE

Yes , Ichika is . . very insensitive . He has one nice harem and he's one lucky guy hahaha

I agree with Pluto , that Pikachu girl is quite interesting Tongue

Seeing from IS 09 ,
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:27 pm

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
yes!!haha an Infinite Stratos thread :D

at first i didnt bother to watch it since it was a mecha. not like i dont like mecha, but i thought it would be like Star driver =Dp and before IS the only mecha series i watched is Gundam Wing..anyway, im enjoying every episodes so far.

my favorite is Charlotte since she came out, even when she was Charles. also the thing that caught me was her voice. i think its awesome <3

IMO Ichika is by far the dense-st male anime guy i know :|
i think Pika-tan getting more attention is great Hehee
i hope it would gain Season 2
Spoiler:

IS: Infinite Stratos Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:21 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Haha so it's 2 for Houki and 2 for Charlotte. The first time I saw Charlotte I already knew she's a girl. What with the girly voice and everything. Haha. And then there's Laura, I would like it if the creators didn't made her so moe in the last episode. Cecilia and Rin is more like of a tandemn. Hehe. And I don't now it's only 13 episodes!!! .omg. I hope they'll make another season, I like to see more action!

Spoiler:

何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee
I've never watched mecha before, but I'm really interested in watching this anime based on the seiyuu's in it. It has Yoko Hikasa (Mio!!!), Kana Hanazawa (Nadeko/Anri/Kuroneko/Kanade), Marina Inoue (Kyoko from Skipbeat!) and some other ones.
I'll definitely get around to this one.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:19 pm

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Episode 10 is out!
Spoiler:

何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:52 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
Not really a big fan of the story but I really like the characters specially Char :X and yes, Pika-tan. :X

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:42 pm

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
Char~ <3 wasabi is not candy :3
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:20 pm

BB

BB

International Performer
International Performer
zoomed all 10 episodes in 3 days. =Dp

anyway, this mecha anime is way better than star driver. at least there's plenty of laughters + awesome fights.

and i swear Ichika better realize many are in love with him and stop being clueless. =X

if i were to choose one, Houki is still the best choice. cool when needed, shy when needed. same thing as Mio and same seiyuu after all (Yoko Hikasa). now i cannot wait for the 1st real fight.

IS: Infinite Stratos Rinaavatar1
IS: Infinite Stratos Userbartorres3copy

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ I pretty much did the same thing,
Was really looking forward to the 11th episode to see Houki fighting, but it got indefinitely delayed apparently >.<

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
After watching episode 11, I can say without a doubt Houki looks better without the ribbon. .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:51 am

BB

BB

International Performer
International Performer
and i agree with that, plutz.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ftorres on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

IS: Infinite Stratos Rinaavatar1
IS: Infinite Stratos Userbartorres3copy

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:54 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
^you spoiled me :|

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:12 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer

Last edited by Plutonium on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:00 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
Houkago Tea Time IS ver. LOVE

nice find

Finally saw Ep 11

ribbonless houki .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:59 am

Aiur

Aiur

International Performer
International Performer
Oh no! Ichika! .omg.

can't wait for episode 12 XD team up! weeee~

IS: Infinite Stratos 11tsd3r
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:24 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Waahh! Too much spoiler!! Hehe. Am only gonna watch episode 11 today.

EDIT:

Kyaah! I love Houki without the ribbon!! Hehe. LOVE Can't wait for the next episode.

何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:03 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The last frame of the previews Onion Love Love

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
IS: Infinite Stratos InfiniteStratos-11-LargePreview03

?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
That was the one .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:08 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
That preview happened in the Beach episode right? Hehe

何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Why is she dressed like that,anyways?

Anyways Houki is the best!Akatsubaki is cool,too!Mega speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:10 pm

furyshinobi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
EugeneAng wrote:Why is she dressed like that,anyways?

Anyways Houki is the best!Akatsubaki is cool,too!Mega speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

With great speed comes great responsibility eh? :> It's interesting to see that Houki is unable to control her inner demon of controlling too much power from Akatsubaki. Disappointed to see that Laura wasn't able to show off her funny side more from the latest episode but it was still awesome ^_^

IS: Infinite Stratos Wzm3OfP
Yuujin_21 "The sky fury! You know you want helium if you're ever going to pump up balloons fast"
twitter/ last.fm/ playfire
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:03 pm

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Just finished catching up with the latest episode. And damn I didn't know this was really good. Now I understand what an IS fan feels, lol.

Ichika Facepalm If I were him I would have chosen Houki already Love Struck

Though Char is also wow, first time watching her, I think I might still love her if she was really a boy. Hehee
Anyway looking forward to Episode 12, and I do hope this gets a second season. Onion Tea

IS: Infinite Stratos Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down