Go down

JDrama/Movies [Page 16 of 19]

Re: JDrama/Movies
Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Um - Amachan actually is an "asadora" - meaning "morning drama". NHK had that type of drama for quite awhile. Amachan was more or less the reason why people started getting interested again in asadoras. What's odd about it is that it's not set in old Japan, but was set some years before the airing of the asadora. But then again, because of the 80s flashback, it's more or less a period drama too. Not to mention it was timely given how big the current Idol Feudal Era is. I laughed out so hard that the producer looked a lot like Akimoto Yasushi hahaha I loved it a lot that it also incorporated a lot of the Idol Golden and Silver Era in the flashbacks too. sorry, I'm an old wota ROFLMAO During its run, it's such a big hit that they had a segment at Kouhaku Utagassen for that asadora.

Same goes to Hanako to Anne last year, though it was set in old Japan, which is more the typical setting for asadoras. It also was a big hit that it also had a segment in Kouhaku Utagassen. A friend of mine who lives in Yokohama said that the asadora before this currently airing series was also a big hit, given it's about the trials of a non-Japanese wife living during the Meiji era. The title of the asadora is Massan.

Speaking of asadoras, I'm faithfully watching the currently airing asadora, Mare. It's foodpr0n asadora. Though specifically, cakes and desserts. I'll probably skip the next asadora after Mare as it's set again in old Japan which I always struggle to watch.

Among other currently airing JDramas I'm watching is, Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san, another foodpr0n JDrama, but it's ramen this time haha Other JDramas I'm watching this season is Death Note (because duh, it's Death Note & was pretty hyped for it and even announced our group will work on it - but it's a good thing it got licensed or I'll be toxic weekly haha) and Dokonjo Gaeru (for nostalgia's sake, as I watched the anime re-airing when I was a kid (sorry, watching it with Japanese subs for now)).

The JDramas I watched faithfully last season while it was airing was I'm Home (since, duh? It's a KimuTaku drama, so most of the staff behind it will most likely be good) and the underrated NHK yorudora (late night drama) Lunch no Akko-chan, another foodpr0n JDrama (finished watching it with only Japanese subs, but it just started being English subbed recently).

As I tend to skip many dramas that's being aired, I tend to check what got awarded in the past season's TV Drama Academy Awards - http://dorama.info/drama/d_award.php - then try watching what won in that current season.

@alrick13, saldiven & everyone: if you want another teacher-student JDrama, might as well pimp our old work - ROOKIES. Though I really want to upgrade that in this lifetime, but I don't have the moolah to buy the BluRay boxset yet =_=;;

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Ais: I actually like the food dramas. I'm a big fan of food shows in the USA like Chopped, Top Chef, Bizarre Foods, Masterchef, etc., so that's probably why I like the food dramas.

I've watched Shitsuren Chocolatier, My Little Chef, Ando Natsu, Oishii Proposal and a few others that I can't remember right now. I'm watching a Korean drama based in a restaurant right now called My Little Ghost that's pretty good, though the site with the subtitles I'm using is only up to episode 4 right now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 am

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I remember watching My Little Chef - but I watched it more than a decade ago haha Because of my hobby of translating stuff, I most of the time tend to put JDramas that finished airing on hold or backburner. Will tend to watch them only when I feel like it or have time. I give much priority to currently airing JDramas so that I can watch them weekly as they come out.

I have a hard time watching other Asian titles besides titles of my native language and Japanese titles. Probably because of culture differences but mostly because of language barrier. I next to don't really need English subtitles and only use them as a guide. Heck, if the English subtitles are just too plain wrong, I tend to turn it off as it serves as a distraction instead of helping me understand the title more. That's why I next to don't watch Korean dramas.

Anyway, since this thread is also about Japanese movies, might as well pimp these movies. The English subitles floating around are translated by yours truly:
> Solanin
> Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
> Video Girl Ai
> Gin no Saji - though the released version is beta (& last time I checked, too much errors, ugh)
> Kamisama no Karute 2 - though the released version is beta, final version currently on QC
> Fatal Frame / Zero - though the released version is beta, but errors are minor
> Hot Road - though the released version is beta, but errors are minor
> Little Forest: Summer & Autumn - though the released version is beta, but errors are minor
> Kuragehime - though the released version is beta, but errors are minor

Back to top Go down

JDramas - Summer 2015
Posted Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:55 am

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
While continuing NHK's asadora, Mare, listed below are tentative titles I will watch / plan to watch this Summer Season. Might drop halfway whenever I feel like it :v

Looking at this list - https://jdramas.wordpress.com/2015/07/19/upcoming-summer-2015-dramas/

Definitely started watching and will continue watching:
> Death Note (duh?)
> Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san (because foodpr0n) -> Done.
> Dokonjo Gaeru (because anime nostalgia)
> Akagi (duh? And yosshaa! Skipping to Washizu arc!)

Still thinking of picking up:
> Shimeshi (because foodpr0n)
> Tonari no Seki-kun to Rumi-chan no Jishou (Mano Erina + Shimizu Fumika + school manga comedy)
> Tantei no Tantei ( because Kitagawa Keiko having a stoic role again. Last time was since she played Sailor Mars / Rei, if I'm not mistaken )
> Heat (because EXILE AKIRA)
> Age Harassment (because Takei Emi)
> Omotesando Koukou Gasshoubu (because music)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:00 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If you like Kitagawa in a more "stoic" type role, check her out in Akumu-chan. Her character is relatively dark in this one (at least compared to her roles in Buzzer Beat, Mop Girl, and Paradise Kiss).

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:59 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I`ve just saw Akumu-chan with Kitagawa Keiko and Gackt ,the drama was so beautiful. It seems that in 2014 was relesed a movie Akumu chan the movie, but still can`t find it to watch Sad.

Another drama i saw was, again with Kitagawa Keiko.. "Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de" . Also Sho Sakurai, from Arashi was in the drama. The drama was very cool, a lot of mysteries, and there was a time when the action of the drama made you to think the butler (Sho Sakurai) was the criminal. Also there were 2 special episodes.

Another drama i saw was, probably the most funniest drama i saw in my life, "Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo " (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches). I`ve watched the anime with the same name before , and this drama is almost like in the anime, a little funnier Happy .

JDrama/Movies - Page 16 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:34 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's on the list, once I find a site with English subtitles for it.

I started watching a funny movie called Drugstore Girl. It's kind of like a coming of age movie for middle-aged men. Five men in their 50's meet a 20 year old college girl and all develop a crush on her. They know they don't really have any chance of dating her, but even if there is only a 0.00001% chance, they still feel like they have to try. They know they're being foolish, but they can't help but try.

The female lead is Tanaka Rena, and she's really funny in this movie so far. I'm about halfway through; then I had to go to work this morning. I'll finish it up this evening.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:45 am

alrick13

alrick13

Finished Keizaku (1999) main series, if Ouroboros is dark, well the series overall main plot is dark and twisted. Miki Nakatani and Atsuro Watanabe's acting is superb I just wish that I was able to watch them earlier I remember the earliest Jdorama that I have watched is Gokusen and GTO around year 2004

JDrama/Movies - Page 16 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:39 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've been thinking of watching Ouroboros (the female lead is the same actress from Nodame Cantabile), but I don't really like the darker stuff.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:34 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
JDrama/Movies - Page 16 Screen%20Shot%202015-08-05%20at%2023.29.21_zpsmydgrp2q

I've never read the manga/saw the anime, but I saw Assassination Classroom | Ansatsu Kyōshitsu「暗殺教室」 on the plane a few days ago.

I really enjoyed it and the sequel is out in 2016. The DVD/BluRay is out next month which means you'll get to see it using the usual methods. Check it out!

I did a quick summary of this together with a few other Japanese films (Maku ga Agaru, Kuroshitsuji etc) I saw recently here: http://stomachofchaos.com/?p=9554

JDrama/Movies - Page 16 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:19 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I just saw DoS Deka (Ms. Sadistic Detective) with Tabe Mikako & Okura Tadayoshi. The story is very interesting. Is amazing how Tabe Mikako evolved from a lolita-fashioned detective in 2011(Deka Wanko) to a super sadistic detective in 2015 (DoS Deka).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:38 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I liked Tabe Mikako in Yamada Toro Monogatari and Yasuko to Kenji. They were both pretty funny, and though her characters in both were kind of annoying, they were also endearing and relatable.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:37 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
Just saw Misaki Number One with Karina.
The drama was super amazing. One day Tenoji Misaki the number one hostest at Southern Sea in Roppongi becomes a high school teacher. Of all classesshe is appointed as the homeroom teacher for Class 2Z, a special class for the troublemakers at the school.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:51 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Joshua10red wrote:Just saw Misaki Number One with Karina.
The drama was super amazing. One day Tenoji Misaki the number one hostest at Southern Sea in Roppongi becomes a high school teacher. Of all classesshe is appointed as the homeroom teacher for Class 2Z, a special class for the troublemakers at the school.

Saw this a while back and I liked it too! Although it felt like a milder version of Gokusen without all the fighting!

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:41 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Joshua10red wrote:Just saw Misaki Number One with Karina.

I liked that one, too.

I actually really like Karina. She can play a fairly wide variety of character types, from serious to comedic.

Here are some other of her dramas that I have seen and liked:

Summer Nude (2013)
Priceless (2012) {with Kimura Takuya}
Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu (2011) {Oshima Yuko is in this one and does well}
Freeter, Ie o Kau (2010) {with Ninomiya Kazunari)
Real Clothes (2008)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
saldiven wrote:
Here are some other of her dramas that I have seen and liked:

Summer Nude (2013)
Priceless (2012) {with Kimura Takuya}
Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu (2011) {Oshima Yuko is in this one and does well}
Freeter, Ie o Kau (2010) {with Ninomiya Kazunari)
Real Clothes (2008)
Priceless is really a good one, but the ending was not as good i was expected

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:08 pm

alrick13

alrick13

JDrama/Movies - Page 16 Cmmqjf10

Amachan will be airing here in the Philippines in TV5

Hope it will be successful but it will be difficult because there are only two dominant TV network in the Philippines and TV 5 is relatively new I was hoping that ABS CBN will pick it up since they are really good in marketing Asian dramas. Also there is the issue of the theme I'm already at the episode where Aki is going back to Tokyo and it is safe to assume that overall the drama is not the typical love conquers all type which the majority of Filipinos really like.

I think that is why most Koreanovelas (Korean Drama as referred by local media) are successful here in the Philippines because like Filipino Teleseryes they focus on the subject of love and romance above else.

I just realize that I've been watching Jdoramas since 2003 and the only series that I feel deals more with romance are quite a few like Love Generation, Long Vacation, Proposal Daisakusen, Rich Man Poor Woman and the level of their romance is still lacking for the average Filipino viewer.

https://deremoe.com/2015/08/tv5-to-bring-japanese-drama-amachan-to-the-philippines/

http://www.interaksyon.com/entertainment/japanese-hit-series-amachan-to-air-in-tagalog-on-tv5/

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
Just saw Yamada Toro Monogatari (thank you saldiven)... The drama was so amazing. Can`t belive how great was. All the jdrama i saw with one of the Arashi members was great. But i wished to see more , like the college life, Takako will be with Yamada? ...something like that Happy

And i saw a jmovie, "My girlfriend is a Cyborg". It was so great, the story was unexpected. I laugh a lot when the cyborg was with Jiro at university , but after the earthquake the story was so sad , from that moment till the end i couldn`t stop my tears.

Another jmovie i saw was "Eien no Zero (The Eternal Zero )". This was far the saddest movie i saw so far. The movie was 2h and 30 mins, and i cried almost half of the time. And it was released a special mini drama about the story in the  movie "Eien no Zero" and one of the actrees is Tabe Mikako.(Just started t0 download it 720p  Happy )

And one hour ago i saw a great movie Attack on titan. What can i say about this movie ?... hmm Simply amazing.. Now i can`t wait for second part

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:55 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
I just finished watching Hungry! ハングリー!, a drama from 2012 languishing in my *koff* HDD.

JDrama/Movies - Page 16 Hungry_drama_zpsav0jrsnh

A pleasantly funny drama and enjoyable to the last, especially if you love food. It's about a guy named Eisuke who starts a French restaurant called Le Petit Chou with his ex-band mates after disbanding.

Features Mukai Osamu (Hotaru no Hikari 2, Atashinchi no Danshi, Beck, Paradise Kiss) and Inagaki Goro of SMAP. There's a few more recognisable faces in this one like Miura Shohei (singer in Mukai's previous rock band in this drama, and of Crude Play in the film Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru) and Lily Franky even has a cameo. And I am in love with Kuninaka Ryoko after watching this...

I'd like to add that the antagonist (played by Inagaki) is called Aso who owns a company named Aso Corp, which sounds like an unsavoury Japanese word you shouldn't use in public. I couldn't stop laughing and I'm sure it was intentional!

It's pretty good and I actually watched all 11 episodes in one shot - I've not enjoyed watching a drama for some time now. Check it out!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Joshua10red wrote:I`ve just saw Akumu-chan with Kitagawa Keiko and Gackt ,the drama was so beautiful. It seems that in 2014 was relesed a movie Akumu chan the movie, but still can`t find it to watch Sad.

saldiven wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's on the list, once I find a site with English subtitles for it.
The fansubber is not really that into the movie, hence the delay.

kudo_maharizu wrote:I've never read the manga/saw the anime, but I saw Assassination Classroom | Ansatsu Kyōshitsu「暗殺教室」 on the plane a few days ago.

I really enjoyed it and the sequel is out in 2016. The DVD/BluRay is out next month which means you'll get to see it using the usual methods. Check it out!
That's actually on my top priority list to translate xD;; Because it's a Shounen Jump title, I've started reading the manga, even before the anime came out (well, truth be told, I'm not really fond of watching anime. But I still love reading manga)

Started (re-)watching Hitotsu Yane no Shita 1, mostly because of the remastered Blu-Ray rip raws of series 2 are out. It is one of my first JDramas I watched back in VHS days. Was too young to get into it when we were still living in Ibaraki.

Darn. I can feel my age because I'm mostly fanboying over late 80s, early 90s idols, Sakai Noriko and Uchida Yuki XD;; Also cool that in season 2, I just found out that Matsu Takako had a recurring role <3 But the series, especially the first series, had the highest ratings that time (before KimuTaku dramas started to come out). Me and amrayu of SARS Fansubs also just chatted about it and I think we are more or less a go with the remastered Blu-Ray fansubbing of both series 1 and 2 of Hitotsu Yane no Shita.

Ah. Worth mentioning that RuroKen live action movies' Saitou Hajime is one of the main leads (the eldest of the siblings), along with Seijuuro Hiko. Both are still very young then though (since the JDrama first aired more than 2 decades ago).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:03 am

alrick13

alrick13

finished Why don't you Play in Hell, I really like it, it does have the Pulp Ficton vibe not your typical J-movie

current movie list

LD-K
Say I Love You
A Short Distance Relationship

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've seen all three of those movies, actually.

Say I Love You was ok. The "big heartbreak" the main character had suffered as a child that causes her relationship problems as a teen seems kind of silly once you hear about it, though. Haruna Kawaguchi is good in this part though, and I think she's just going to keep getting better as she grows up. I first discovered her in the 2012 remake of Great Teacher Onizuka where she did a good job, too.

L-DK was decent, too. The main male character, though, I kept wanting to kick in the nuts for most of the movie. He's kind of a jerk. I think Ayame Gouriki did a good job as the female lead, though. She was a much more sympathetic character, and very humorous when called for.

A Short Distance Relationship was probably my least favorite (I think you can also find it under the name Short Range Love). If I remember correctly, it had to do with a teacher-student romantic relationship. It is a lighter movie than some of those that touch on this subject, but still kind of cringe-worthy for me. Twenty-something teachers should have enough self control to not be macking on teenage students.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
saldiven wrote:L-DK was decent, too. The main male character, though, I kept wanting to kick in the nuts for most of the movie. He's kind of a jerk.
LOL'ng XD;; But that movie actually made Yamazaki Kento the "Kabedon Prince". During his guest appearance in Shabekuri 007, he said that all the actors that auditioned for that part are being checked if they are good in Kabedon XD;; At least he did a good job of acting a character that is jerk to make you feel that annoyed to the character.

Trying to translate Corpse Party... or rather, have to pretime it first. Hopefully be done before Assassination Classroom 1 raws are out, as that is my top priority (and I want Assassination Classroom 1 done ASAP because there's also AnoHana JDrama special).

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:33 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I finally got around to starting "Rich Man, Poor Woman." I've kind of been avoiding it because I've never been a huge fan of Oguri Shun. I know he's considered very popular, but his acting has never really hooked me like some other actors have (like Kimura Takuya and Matsumoto Jun and a few others). Then, I found out it was the same actress that was in Shitsuren Chocolatier and Dear Sister, Ishihara Satomi. I actually like her acting, so decided to go ahead and give it a try.

Through two episodes, the plot is fairly formulaic of its type. My only complaint so far is that I wish Ishihara's character were a bit more spunky (sort of like Inoue's character in Hana Yori Dango) 'cuz Oguri's character is another one that really needs a kick in the nuts.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:38 am

alrick13

alrick13

I stopped watching Amachan a month ago at the beginning of the Tokyo arc, but now after watching it again ang learning the story behind "Shiosai no Memory" song plus the appearance of Kasumi Airimura as the young Haruko, now I can't stop watching. Never thought that this Jdorama will have this conspiracy angle to it

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.