Re: SCANDAL Becoming too manufactured?
Posted on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Damien

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm not too sure what to think about this...at first I didn't like Yumemiru Tsubasa...but it grew on me over time. Sure, it's a little different than their other songs, but I can tell that they're putting a lot of emotion into the song...it seems like they really do identify with it, that they're living their dream.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 am

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://chris87.multiply.com
Damien wrote:I'm not too sure what to think about this...at first I didn't like Yumemiru Tsubasa...but it grew on me over time. Sure, it's a little different than their other songs, but I can tell that they're putting a lot of emotion into the song...it seems like they really do identify with it, that they're living their dream.

Damien, that I do agree with: they're living their dream and they do love their fans, regardless of race or religion. But our unhappiness is not at them but rather at the musical direction no thanks to the corporate bigotry of the music industry who care more about dolling up girls in plastic outfits than about honest-to-goodness great music UHUH!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:20 am

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
porcupine_tree wrote: But our unhappiness is not at them but rather at the musical direction no thanks to the corporate bigotry of the music industry who care more about dolling up girls in plastic outfits than about honest-to-goodness great music UHUH!
agree with you on that, mr tree

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:54 am

Damien

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I do see what you mean, porcupine...and I hope they're record label lets them stay true to themselves over the next few years...but no one knows, right? Sweating

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 am

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I pray the girls have a great future ahead of them in terms of expanding their sound musically and while they can continue changing their outfits for every album or release, they should always focus on their music, much like K-On! Nice One
Btw, SCANDAL and K-On! have so many similarities like they started in high school, only started playing instruments when they formed the band, and they all wanted to be in a band! Ok, I'm done digressing LOL XD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:34 pm

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i wish i could have the chance to chat with the girls to find out what they think about the whole music industry and their progress up the popularity ladder.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
@DJ: yeah, wish I could do that same. I know to them its kinda mind blowing. I mean all the attention, the fans, fangirls, fanboys, SCANDAL, photobook and everything. Even fan letters.

@porucpine: SCANDAL is K-On! personified! \m/

Still hoping that they do more singles and albums. I wish someone or something hit their head and ask themselves some question about being popular or too much music labeled.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Damien

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think it would be great if they did a video blog of some kind Smile

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:16 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Damien wrote:I think it would be great if they did a video blog of some kind Smile

They actually did do a vlog during their Shiroten days: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] maybe they can do another one again? Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Damien

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
haha, I hope so!

thanks for posting that, by the way. Clap
haven't seen it before.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Damien wrote:haha, I hope so!

thanks for posting that, by the way. Clap
haven't seen it before.

You are very welcome my friend! Peace Onion Enjoy the videos there, it's a reminiscence of SCANDAL's early days before they became the band they are today TOJ Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 am

iamnear1134

Caless Student
Caless Student
those vidz are pretty good and funny. especially rina's vid when she's hitting her drumset randomly like a samurai. hahaha
LOL

hmm bout yumemiru,for me it is much better without the extra sound/music on intro. hehe..

and

i dont know if it is just me but im just curious why Canta is not present n their performance at 51th Japan Record Awards night..

just wondering.. Sweating

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:38 am

hamatori

Caless Student
Caless Student
porcupine_tree wrote:Is SCANDAL becoming too manufactured?
Maybe we are expecting too much from them.
I thought, what they are now is what they want. But *maybe* the producer (or someone in managerial) is limitting their expressions. I believe they do their effort to make their dream come true.

konohagure wrote:@porucpine: SCANDAL is K-On! personified! \m/
Unfortunately not all K-ON lover loves SCANDAL. (at least some of my friends who watched K-ON) Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 pm

hecate_aristocrat

Caless Student
Caless Student
well, being a really new fan of them i can't say much about the issue but i do think yume miru is indeed different, unlike their old songs like DOLL, one my favorite
but i think i won't dwell in that matter, because maybe, out of my knowing they're enjoying the new color...
what i'm worried most is how SCANDAL is "kind of" distance from their fans... that's a problem from my point of view *CMIIW*

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:28 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I think that SCANDAL seems distant to many fans because of management wanting to protect their assets, so to speak. I can't say whether they enjoy this sudden surge in popularity and subsequent fame, but it seems as if they were already popular before just that we aren't exactly privy to that... the fact that they played to sold-out crowds during their indie days shows how much hard work they've invested in becoming the band that they are today and for years to come.

Never mind what outfits they wear next, they love performing in front of people and they enjoy meeting their fans no matter how brief so they are still fighting to maintain their identity and yet have fun and live their lives as four ordinary girls. They are still very much humble and yes, they put up their blog for their fans and they even answer fan mail in their spare time.

Don't expect too much from them though, we should continue supporting the girls and their music even if there's little to no chance we'll ever meet them in real life or even get to watch them live in concert. No matter what, we should stand by them through thick and thin Peace Onion

Btw, I apologize for the lengthy post Sweating

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 pm

hamatori

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yume Miru Tsubasa

Yes the nuance of the music is different from previous singles, but do you ever hear START? I think that song is in the same flow as YMT. Don't you think? :D
___
Distance from the fans hmmm...

No, um yes, Tongue I mean they are getting famous and well-known by us because they do tour outside of japan while they are still indie.

But right know they are getting fans inside of Japan itself. Because i think many Japanese people don't know SCANDAL, for achieving this objective they open CLUB SCANDAL to only people in Japan.
If they do it internationally that will not possible or will cost a lot.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:05 am

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
Well, you can't please everyone, that's for sure! So I don't really mind if some people don't like SCANDAL. They are here to promote MUSIC, not just themselves. If they had money of their own, they'd always be glad to be interacting with their fans in any way possible. Yes, they've been popular in their indies and that's what some companies could exploit.

For those who don't like SCANDA, this I have to say "Don't hate, appreciate." - Daryl.

As for START, I don't know if they just sang that or they composed it as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 am

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I completely agree, I feel that they should work on getting their music out in Japan because while they're popular and close to being famous over there (that's a gross misuunderstatement, they have their own apparel and dolls modeled after them!) they are still trying to get themselves taken seriously. Success doesn't come overnight, you have to work hard to get where you are and the girls probably don't want to overexert themselves too so they are taking their time promoting themselves and making music. They did a lot of promotion in 2008 and middle to the end of last year anyways UHUH!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:46 am

hamatori

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yes, that's for sure UHUH! But you know what to feel when we were enjoying something we love then others join in and say "Meh, what's this?"(in a negative way) that's a punch for sure. Well forget it, people have different taste and maybe i'm too tard :lol:

___
Song "START"

None of SCANDAL members take part in this song making.
You can found a discussion between:
  • Yoshinori Yamakishi - "Star Ocean" series to "Valkyrie Profile" series producer - and -
  • Wataru Katou - In charge of SE Publishing Management, now as producer.

in SO2 booklet.
Spoiler:

OPENING ANIME & THEME SONG

Katou: When opening animation get done. We always want to put theme song in it.

Yamakishi: We do. There were no time left. The Publishing Department has been announced it in SE Party.

Katou: It was decided the vocal of SO1 and SO2 will be divided by man and woman. SO1 was done by Asunaro-san, so SO2 is woman.

Yamakishi: Yes, right. We are also talking about rock band too.

Katou: we are listening to a lot of demo tapes, when it comes to SCANDAL "oh, aren't this kids good?". By the way, the first word of "START" was "written by Katou" then "written by Yamakishi-san" because I can't do this kind of things. (laugh)

Yamakishi: Not much to write. In the end it's a moderate. (laugh)

Katou: However, we are gratefull there was an acquaintance who desired to make song, Honda-san.

Yamakishi: It's nice Tri-Ace have many acquaintances related to music. Now is to convey the image of specified story of word such as "Star", nice words to be accepted. But, more to think of it, royalties get in for making song.

Katou: Can't do it because it was scary (laugh). But recently Girl Rock Band is so rare, the atmosphere is good too when we met.

Yamakishi: I'm so glad. It matched amazingly on the "SO2" world. The song will be completed before upstage, is it rough to said? Beside it is good moment to listen to intuition even it is a tentative song. Maybe if i was singing, and did this will i get royalties?

Katou: no no no (laugh).
SOSE has been released in Q1 2008 in Japan. They are still in Kity Records.
What I wanted to tell is SCANDAL was experienced to bring a not-so-high tempo song and there were other instrument to play *motive* Evil Grin

___
porcupine_tree wrote:They did a lot of promotion in 2008 and middle to the end of last year anyways
my evil mind: "Mami is going to sell her Strato in 2010."
Rich
jk

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 am

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@hatamori: You are evil, Mami-chan will never sell her precious Strat, EVER!!! RAWR Onion KO Onion
Unless you're talking about her black-and-white Strat Peace Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:57 am

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
I will buy Mami's strat! Evil Grin

So they did not compose START. I get it now. They were just paid to sing it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
konohagure wrote:I will buy Mami's strat! Evil Grin

So they did not compose START. I get it now. They were just paid to sing it.

Yup yup, it seems so! UHUH! It's a very complex song and contains some diverse orchestral arrangements, our girls hadn't yet reached that level of musical diversity just yet at the time Ehem

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 pm

hamatori

Caless Student
Caless Student
porcupine_tree wrote:Unless you're talking about her black-and-white Strat
definitely the fabulous Strato: Evil Grin

if so, they will have the "LEFT" price like SCANDAL limited momoko doll, which regulary sell at ¥1500 can be sold ¥300,000 each.
Don't start counting..
mercy me Mami OMG

Aaa no, it is too early if they must become a "manufactured" band..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

listen to SHUNKAN SENTIMENTAL...

I think The Most Powerful Japanese Girlie Pop Rock are back!!!

Heso...!!!

Hehee Hehee

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:14 pm

rreizend

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://theflyinglemon.wordpress.com
Koide Namizo wrote:Heso...!!!

listen to SHUNKAN SENTIMENTAL...

I think The Most Powerful Japanese Girlie Pop Rock are back!!!

Heso...!!!

i agree!! the rock power came back!

Back to top Go down