PSN Failure [Page 1 of 1]

PSN Failure
Posted Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:27 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Pretty much you should know about this if you have a PS3, but the reason the PSN is down is because of hackers. If you have a PSN, the hackers have your information.

More information here

PSN Failure Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Failure
Posted Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
LOL

This could be VERY dangerous if PSN holds your credit card information. Xbox gamertags do something like this im not very sure about it, it might be held in the console (???)

Also, GG, buy an xbox.

umad PS?

PSN Failure Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
lol holy crap, I didn't even hear about this until today. Guess that shows how much I use PSN.

Luckily, I only used trash info with PSN and didn't buy anything.

But it's still shame and a total embarrassment for Sony.

edit:
some good one-liners from Twitter
Spoiler:

PSN Failure SrcM2
I AM GIRAFFE!
damatte0924: Delirious now. May become like that later. Oh wait, it is now.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:41 pm

furyshinobi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
And here comes the lawsuits for those hoping to get money from Sony.. Yes, I think that Sony handled the situation pretty badly imo but delaying the announcement a WEEK late... seriously?! >_> Sony has a lot of work to do now to restore both new and old people from buying PS3s or those not logging onto PSN to buy content.

Last edited by furyshinobi on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PSN Failure Wzm3OfP
Yuujin_21 "The sky fury! You know you want helium if you're ever going to pump up balloons fast"
twitter/ last.fm/ playfire
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Cryptor

Cryptor

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cryptor1/
OMG

sounds terrible for PS3 Users i hope that Sony learn something about it the PS3 is not safe at all ! i am so lucky that i only have a PC :D
it´s just bad for all the PSN users and Sony.

Hope they can handle it after few day / weeks.

PSN Failure 76561198015702407
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
furyshinobi wrote:And here comes the lawsuits for those hoping to get money from Sony.. Yes, I think that Sony handled the situation pretty badly imo but delaying the announcement a WEEK late... seriously?! >_> Sony has a lot of work to do now to restore both new and old people from buying PS3s or those not logging onto PSN to buy content.

Well, if the console offers security and holds your credit card information in order to purchase games, and then it gets stolen... might as well sue the company for not being secure enough.

Now this is gonna be one big hit for the console market, before, I would have a hard time choosing between PS3 and Xbox 360, now I dont even wanna know what Sony is gonna release, its just not reliable to me anymore.

PSN Failure Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Well, it will really only affect people who used their CC for PSN services.

I have lots of friends who don't give a damn because they don't buy anything on their network. They buy the games and stuff from their local stores.

PSN Failure Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:07 am

tenjounokaze

tenjounokaze

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah, I noticed something was wrong when I couldn't access my funds/PS Dollars on PSN - I was thinking about sending an e-mail to Sony when all this crap happened. Oi vey... Facepalm

独りきりなんて、人生勿体無い
Life's a waste if you're all alone. (SCANDAL, Everybody Say YEAH)
PSN Failure Blog_head2-1
Need help with Japanese? - Be sure to visit my Japanese thread: Class is now in session!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 17, 2011 7:45 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well PSN is back up and is trying to win back forgiveness:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-customer-appreciation-program-in-north-america/

looks like the plan is to throw some free stuff out and hope the whole thing will blow over.

i suppose i'll be grabbing that copy of infamous + wipeout on one acc and also probably little big planet + uh stardust?, i don't even know what that is, with the other acc

PSN Failure SrcM2
I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I am worried about Sony, I think they have become complacent from years of being at the top !
They thought it was funny when Micrsoft launched the X-box, but in England it is much cheaper than the PS3 and selling in huge numbers.
Now Microsoft have bought Skype it looks likely the X-box will be sold with Skype already included !

The PS1 and PS2 had many great games, but there does not seem to be that many for the PS3 !

PSN Failure Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:06 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
PSN welcome back package is live !

grabbed infamous and wipeout hd bundle last night, gonna grab littlebigplanet and the stardust thing with my other acc.

yes, free stuff wins me over, not gonna lie.

PSN Failure SrcM2
I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 am

mid999

mid999

Caless Student
Caless Student
PSN is back for some but I can't seem to change my password.

Back to top Go down