Album Price? [Page 1 of 1]

Album Price?
Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 1:17 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was looking at some SCANDAL albums to buy thinking "hey they'll be around 20 dollars each" after a few searches i realized that the prices of some cd's were $80! was I expecting too low of a price? I live in the US and was wondering if the prices are about the same in Japan.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album Price?
Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 am

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Seems to be starting at 30 and higher to me. It depends which version you get though.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(These are costs without shipping)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
oh wow when did music get so expensive? Thanks i just wanted to see if I was looking in the wrong places

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 1:32 am

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I'm not sure about you, but these prices were always around this price point. Thinking

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 2:14 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
Stars just saying the link you posted earlier had albums with region-2 encoding

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 2:17 am

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I think everything they have is region 2 except the 1st DVD if I recall correctly.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 2:27 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
so how do you play them in other countries? sorry if this is a dumb question

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 2:39 am

paxo

International Performer
International Performer
you should be able to play it on the dvd rom of your computer. I think you can change your dvd rom region like 5 times.. but after the last time it'll be locked on that region.

Dont worry about that question.. I asked exactly the same a few month ago xD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 2:42 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
oh cool thanks! Clap

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 2:46 am

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Hmm $80? I don't think even limited edition comes close to that price, unless you choose the absolute most expensive shipping option which can bring total cost close to $80. Otherwise for me most stuff I buy hover around 40 to 50 USD.

Try to get region-free DVD player and play on a TV screen, that's what I do lol

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 2:59 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
that's a pretty smart idea :p

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 3:04 am

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
If you can find people staying near you interested in SCANDAL maybe you all can place an order together then split the shipping cost, that'll help you cut costs on the stuff you purchase.

Thing is if you're out to buy limited edition or limited press CDs you have to order them early (or prefably pre-order) since they do get sold out fairly quickly, this is the one that racks up lots of shipping charges for me, cause I'm not buying in "bulk" this way.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sadly, i live in a town where most of the people, including friends, only listen to whatever is on the radio.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 4:11 am

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://ani-culture.net
Japanese albums has always been selling for typically ¥3000 to ¥3500 on the average since I began to buy them 7 years ago?

For those with special photobooks like the 「TEMPTATION BOX」will cost more like ¥4300 on the average.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 4:36 am

drusolis

Caless Student
Caless Student
Not sure where you're looking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $19.90

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $17.90

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $15.99

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $20.75

I posted this in another thread, but VideoLan Player is a free download; basically ignores region settings. So you don't have to mess with your DVD hardware settings.

-Dru
"Dreams are always fleeting things that seem to disappear in the wind." ~Scandal, "Haruka"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 4:39 am

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
drusolis wrote:Not sure where you're looking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $19.90

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $17.90

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $15.99

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - $20.75

I posted this in another thread, but VideoLan Player is a free download; basically ignores region settings. So you don't have to mess with your DVD hardware settings.

Those you listed are the export versions where it is usually much more cheaper than the Japanese versions. Same content, but no idea why cheaper. But me always buy Japanese versions only.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 5:04 am

drusolis

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yeah, I never figured out why the Japanese version is more expensive. Might just be marketing - I think the non-Japanese ones are specifically marked as "to be sold outside of Japan only". Same content, less expensive, works for me.

-Dru
"Dreams are always fleeting things that seem to disappear in the wind." ~Scandal, "Haruka"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 5:24 am

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
drusolis wrote:Yeah, I never figured out why the Japanese version is more expensive. Might just be marketing - I think the non-Japanese ones are specifically marked as "to be sold outside of Japan only". Same content, less expensive, works for me.

1 possible reason is "FIRST PRESS" with/or "EXTERNAL BONUS".

Which is not available to export versions most of the time.

I have to admit that I am quite easily baited by bonus+/ first press, that's why I buy Japanese versions, importantly, Japanese based e-tailers like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 9:44 am

Mahaha

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i always buy from CDJapan because of the first presses and such . Similar reason as Ken .In the end , its up to you which version you want . In the end , they mostly have the same contents so yeah.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 am

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah same reason, first press and limited editions and all the extra goodies you get with them. Local stores don't stock them I think. I've seen SCANDAL CDs at HMV but they don't have the limited edition stuff and are HK version not the JP version.

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm

drusolis

Caless Student
Caless Student
You guys are all more hardcore than I am. As long as I get the music, I'm cool with not having first press and limited editions. That's good information to know though about the differences.

-Dru
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 04, 2011 7:17 pm

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
i just shipped my order from cd japan and i really like the points system that gives discounts, and i agree that the limited editions are always great bonuses

Back to top Go down