Final Fantasy [Page 6 of 11]

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 pm


JayPub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@ leachim_paloyz75 - Hehe, sorry but at the same time it's good thing The more you want to play X, the better!

I wasn't happy with Dirge of Cerberus either. Which is a shame because it had Vincent as the main character. I thought that was going to be awesome. It's like you said, it wasn't BAD but...I wasn't satisfied. At all.

Ooo! Heck yeah, I agree

@almeriaq66 - Oh yes, that's right. Gackt who is playing Genesis who forgot who he is(?) and is now Weiss. Gackt though...<3



Last edited by JayPub on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 am


almeriaq66

Caless Student
Caless Student
JayPub wrote:@ leachim_paloyz75 - Hehe, sorry but at the same time it's good thing The more you want to play X, the better!

I wasn't happy with Dirge of Cerberus either. Which is a shame because it had Vincent as the main character. I thought that was going to be awesome. It's like you said, it wasn't BAD but...I wasn't satisfied. At all.

Ooo! Heck yeah, I agree

@almeriaq66 - Oh yes, that's right. Gackt who is playing Genesis who forgot who he is(?) and is now Nero. Gackt though...<3


Genesis is Zack's final enemy in crisis core and Sephiroth's and Angeal's Friend.1 of 3 SOLDIER class A,before Zack become SOLDIER class A.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:51 pm


borghie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://distortedmind.binhoster.com/
I've just finished the Final Fantasy Type-0 last week and until now I couldn't get over from its tragic ending!

damn you Square Enix ninjas with onions! Cry


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 pm


JayPub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Waaaait a minute. You said tragic ending?!
Noooooo! Not again.

Yes, I was expecting it because from the first 20 minutes I saw, it looked very intense and gritty. Did I have hope it was going to have a semi-happy ending? Sorta ;_;


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:27 pm


rusti3

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Don't make us MORE ENVIOUS ABOUT THE GAME WE CAN'T HAVE and PLAY YET!!! >.<

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 pm


borghie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://distortedmind.binhoster.com/
JayPub wrote:Waaaait a minute. You said tragic ending?!
Noooooo! Not again.

Yes, I was expecting it because from the first 20 minutes I saw, it looked very intense and gritty. Did I have hope it was going to have a semi-happy ending? Sorta ;_;
though the sad ending was a canon story, so I'll be playing it again to achieve the alternate ending


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:28 pm


tomo13

International Performer
International Performer
http://tom8loz.tumblr.com/
i've played FF-3,4,5,7,8,9,10,12 :D And I Made Them My Inspiration In My Daily Life:D BTW FF-VII IS THE BEST!!:D ZACK FAIR WILL ALWAYS BE ALIVE FOR ME:D


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
ToHaRiMa=SCANDAL is The Best Band Of The WORLD!!!  Rich
                       
      
SCANDAL  BAND Yow!    Balloon .
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:14 pm


leachim_paloyz15

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I thought so.. Type 0's ending... ><

Oh well, I just got back playing it, and I must say, the gameplay while you're in the World Map is awesome! xD xD You know, capturing(*ehem.. destroying) places, and such.. ^^

Looks like I'm going to get my hands full this weekend. ^^


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"My vision is to create a Scandalous game for Scandalous fans, made by Scandalous people."


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:35 pm


JayPub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, since I have to wait to play Type-0, I've been playing FFXIII-2. So far, I really like it. I don't know how far a long I am (maybe halfway, maybe not) but the story is still a bit wonky. Not bad just...wonky. The gameplay though! <3

The game overall, I really like it. The soundtrack, the details, all good ^^ I just want to see more Lightning!! Argh!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm


DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
Spoiler:
Actually.. there's a way to play FFX Japanese Version with english subs.. But.. it's not legit.. but if you bought the game before anyway, I guess it's not that bad? Just google FINAL FANTASY X UNDUB

FFX is the last Final Fantasy to feature turn based combat and the first to feature voice acting. The story is very good and very touching. A must play for fans of FF! I really recommend. Nice One

P.S. I'm actually re-playing it right now on my PC using an emulator. The Japanese voices are top notch but if you played the English version first, it might sound weird at first. But it's also very interesting to compare and contrast the voices. Oh, and Yuna's Japanese voice is much more kawaii. Clap


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:28 am


leachim_paloyz15

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
DUL7 wrote:
Spoiler:
Actually.. there's a way to play FFX Japanese Version with english subs.. But.. it's not legit.. but if you bought the game before anyway, I guess it's not that bad? Just google FINAL FANTASY X UNDUB

FFX is the last Final Fantasy to feature turn based combat and the first to feature voice acting. The story is very good and very touching. A must play for fans of FF! I really recommend. Nice One

P.S. I'm actually re-playing it right now on my PC using an emulator. The Japanese voices are top notch but if you played the English version first, it might sound weird at first. But it's also very interesting to compare and contrast the voices. Oh, and Yuna's Japanese voice is much more kawaii. Clap
Definitely going to try this one! ^^
Does the emulator work with 100% speed? It's really annoying if it does not. xD
Haven't played the whole FFX yet because I got ripped off on buying a defective game. (Froze on a certain part in the beginning which made me not continue any further.)

JayPub wrote:Well, since I have to wait to play Type-0, I've been playing FFXIII-2. So far, I really like it. I don't know how far a long I am (maybe halfway, maybe not) but the story is still a bit wonky. Not bad just...wonky. The gameplay though! <3

The game overall, I really like it. The soundtrack, the details, all good ^^ I just want to see more Lightning!! Argh!
Lucky you. xD xD
Yeah, I just went to a gaming store, I was happy to see the PS3's price drop. xD
What really made my day yesterday is knowing that FFXIII-2 has already been released! ^^
Now I'm pushing my parents to buy me a package. (Not going well though..) xD xD

Well, as long as Lightning's in it.. Even if the story's a bit wonky I'm still going to play it.. ^^

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:40 am


DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
leachim_paloyz15 wrote:Definitely going to try this one! ^^
Does the emulator work with 100% speed?

Yes, it does. But it will also depend on your system. At the very least you need a decent dual-core processor and a decent video card to run at full speed. And don't forget to get the latest version of the emu from it's website. The latest version has many of it's slow-downs fixed, specially in FF-X.

Spoiler:
Just to be sure, I'm talking about the PCSX2 Emulator. Official Site


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:37 am


GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just finished FFXIII over the weekend. Overall, it was great, probably my favorite Final Fantasy so far, with XII close behind. The battle system is really fun, and most of the characters are enjoyable. I'll probably try to finish as many missions as I can, but I don't think I'm hardcore enough to get all the ultimate weapons to get the platinum trophy.

I'll buy FFXIII-2 eventually, when it's cheaper. From what I've heard, the battle system is even better, so I look forward to that!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:10 am


leachim_paloyz15

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
DUL7 wrote:Yes, it does. But it will also depend on your system. At the very least you need a decent dual-core processor and a decent video card to run at full speed. And don't forget to get the latest version of the emu from it's website. The latest version has many of it's slow-downs fixed, specially in FF-X.

Spoiler:
Just to be sure, I'm talking about the PCSX2 Emulator. Official Site
I might as well just give up. xD
My laptop only has one core. (whatever you call that.. Tongue )
I went to check the compatibility list. PCSX2 will run on my system.. but it will be very slow..

But still, thanks! Nice One

GeoFreak wrote:Just finished FFXIII over the weekend. Overall, it was great, probably my favorite Final Fantasy so far, with XII close behind. The battle system is really fun, and most of the characters are enjoyable. I'll probably try to finish as many missions as I can, but I don't think I'm hardcore enough to get all the ultimate weapons to get the platinum trophy.

I'll buy FFXIII-2 eventually, when it's cheaper. From what I've heard, the battle system is even better, so I look forward to that!
NOW I REALLY WANT TO GET A PS3.. Frustrated

Haha! Yep FFXIII-2 will be awesome. ^^
Also, I saw its cover yesterday and I must say.. Lightning looks gorgeous there.. xD

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:47 pm


JayPub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
GeoFreak wrote:Just finished FFXIII over the weekend. Overall, it was great, probably my favorite Final Fantasy so far, with XII close behind. The battle system is really fun, and most of the characters are enjoyable. I'll probably try to finish as many missions as I can, but I don't think I'm hardcore enough to get all the ultimate weapons to get the platinum trophy.

I'll buy FFXIII-2 eventually, when it's cheaper. From what I've heard, the battle system is even better, so I look forward to that!

Oh awesome, another fan of XIII. It's always good when I hear someone appreciate XIII. I never did all the extra quests. I always wanted to, but never found the time. Now any spare time I have, I use it to play new games like XIII-2. Maybe I'll get to it eventually. It's funny how you say "most of the characters." Are you referring to Hope? Because honestly I wanted to ...*trails off on a rant*
His character development was good though. I think all their character developments were good. If you didn't like Hope in XIII, he gets SOOOO much better in XIII-2. I won't say anything...just that he's
Spoiler:
25 and pretty badass
when you run into him.

Battle system IS better. I love it! :D

leachim_paloyz15 wrote:Lucky you. xD xD
Yeah, I just went to a gaming store, I was happy to see the PS3's price drop. xD
What really made my day yesterday is knowing that FFXIII-2 has already been released! ^^
Now I'm pushing my parents to buy me a package. (Not going well though..) xD xD

Well, as long as Lightning's in it.. Even if the story's a bit wonky I'm still going to play it.. ^^

Hope that works well for you!!
Haha, Lightning is in it. I just wish she was in it MORE!
Though I can't complain about her voice. Lightning has a lot of lines in the game. Somewhat like a narrator...somewhat and I love Lightning's voice actress (Ali Hillis for the English version) so that keeps me at bay Tongue


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:54 am


GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Actually, I liked Hope's development too. He was really annoying in the beginning because he was obsessed with getting revenge, but he became a lot more confident and likeable after he got over it. Ironically, I liked Snow the least out of the main group. He seemed to change the least, and it didn't help my opinion of him that he was rendered useless in battle once Fang joined. I used Lightning/Hope/Fang for pretty much every battle after everyone came together.

I really enjoyed how important status effects were in battles. In many RPGs, status effects like poison are useless because bosses are immune to them, and normal enemies are too weak to waste time casting them instead of just killing them with regular attacks. One of the few times I switched from Light/Hope/Fang, I used Vanille to kill one part of the final boss using Poison. Final boss. Poison. I can't think of any other game where you can do that.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 pm


JayPub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
GeoFreak wrote:Actually, I liked Hope's development too. He was really annoying in the beginning because he was obsessed with getting revenge, but he became a lot more confident and likeable after he got over it. Ironically, I liked Snow the least out of the main group. He seemed to change the least, and it didn't help my opinion of him that he was rendered useless in battle once Fang joined. I used Lightning/Hope/Fang for pretty much every battle after everyone came together.

I really enjoyed how important status effects were in battles. In many RPGs, status effects like poison are useless because bosses are immune to them, and normal enemies are too weak to waste time casting them instead of just killing them with regular attacks. One of the few times I switched from Light/Hope/Fang, I used Vanille to kill one part of the final boss using Poison. Final boss. Poison. I can't think of any other game where you can do that.

It's quite amazing how much I agree with you here. From Hope to Snow to Fang. (And now in XIII-2, it's like they threw away his character development so I really wanted to strangle him. Though I don't hate him I guess. He's *coughgoodlookingforacharactercough*)
We even used the same team!
Spoiler:
I used poison on Bart...Barthan...delus...The fal'cie that fused with Orphan! Anyway, poison helped a lot.
There a similar tactic now in XIII-2 that works even better. Helps me A LOT in boss battles. It's called Wound.

High five for our similarities!



Last edited by JayPub on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:55 am


GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
*high five*

Btw, I was trying to step around plot details and boss names to avoid spoilers for anyone here who hasn't played it yet... so you might want to hide some of your post in a spoiler.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 pm


JayPub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ah, thank you for pointing it out. I totally forgot since I got excited posting

The thing about Snow though, I don't think that's a spoiler.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:50 pm


tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@JayPub
I am really looking forward to FFXII-2, I just hope ( hehe no pun intended ! )
that is does not disappoint me.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:30 pm


JayPub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@tonymiller Hehe, good pun.
I hope it doesn't disappoint you either! It hasn't disappointed me. It's either longer than XIII or I'm just busier. I beat XIII within a week. I'm still working on XIII-2 and I don't know if I'm close to beating it or not. I know two people that already have. They say it's great!

It also doesn't help that I'm being a bit of a completionist Tongue


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 pm


Ran_Online

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
this one!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:45 pm


Tektekk

International Performer
International Performer
Oh Wow.... I Love Final Fantasy as well seeing that I have played nearly the entire series (Got to play FF3 and 9 and finish 13).....
I'm eagerly waiting to get Final Fantasy XIII - 2 Happy

One Winged - Angel - Probably one of the best songs on the FF series Happy


_________________________________________________________________________________________________





Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 pm


Ran_Online

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i already played FF4,FF5,FF6,FF7,FF8,FF9,FFX,FFX-2,FF12,and FF13
another FFseries.. Dirge of Cerberus,Crisis Core
maybe if i buy in Singapore FF13-2

and waiting for FFvsXIII the rumored release is Dec 21 2012...-just a rumored...


heir of the Throne ---- Noctis Lucis Caelum----

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Fantasy
Posted on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:44 pm


tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer


I also love Final Fantasy and have played them all from FFI to FFXIII and
the spin off games.
FFXIII-2 is out now in the UK and I must buy it.

My fovourites are still FFVII and FFX because I loved the story and characters
from those two, but they are all good.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down