Hiroyo

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Guys, please help me on creating a cool forum website like SH

I wanted to create a cool forum website for someone who is popular but i can't Cry

Please Help me.. Praise

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

drusolis

Caless Student
Caless Student
You'll need to find some webspace and probably will want to use some pre-built forum tool. Back when I was messing with forums, I used Invision which was free at the time. I think it might still be free - haven't checked recently. You might do a search for other free forum software - usually they'll have a built in admin interface where you can create the boards, sub-boards, and manage settings/users.

Keep in mind that you will need to be prepared to spend tons of time on your forum to keep in in shape and active. You will also need to have a good team of moderators for you to help keep order - you will need to trust them and their judgment. Having Nazi moderators or inactive moderators will kill your forum. I was once on another forum where members kept making fun of the band members' English (it was for a Korean group); I actually posted basically saying, "Everyone keeps bringing up the same thing about their English - give them a break it's not the native language" and one of the moderators/admins jumped down my throat saying I was attacking her family (board members) and basically started feuded with me. I didn't stay there after that.

If there aren't things for the members to do and fun things to keep them interested in your forum it will die off very quickly. I wish you the best of luck if you pursue your own site and forum; just make sure you fully understanding what you're signing up for.

Back to top Go down

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
You could do what we have here, and sue forumotion. There are many other choices out there, like drusolis mentioned - Invision. There's also SMF, zetaboards, vbulletin, etc. You'll have to have a lot of dedication to creating the forums and maintaining it. It's not as easy as you might think it is.

If you do continue your idea, good luck with it!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down