This is a secondary gift project geared toward the spirit of "making" something for the girls, rather than "buying" something for them. In contrast to the T-Shirt Gift Project, which is fueled by donations, all members can contribute to this directly and have a distinct presence in this project.
What is the Mosaic Project?
- Well it's probably easier for you to see an example, rather than trying to explain it. Here's an example of an epic mosaic project:To celebrate the 5 Year Anniversary of World of Warcraft, Blizzard started the World Of Warcraft Battlecry Mosaic Contest. Blizzard took submissions from players posing with a Horde or Alliance insignia and compiled 20,000 submissions into a giant mosaic. Check it out here:
In the same vein, the goal of this project is to capture the spirit of SCANDAL HEAVEN and present it to the girls in a tangible form.Another good example is damatte0924's fan letter submission, where he created a mosaic of the HARUKA CD cover using the girls' individual portraits:
While we definitely won't reach the epic proportions of 20,000 submissions, we can use the submissions we do get to arrange the pictures into something simple like the SCANDAL insignia, a CANTA logo, or a simple shape like a heart.
The intended end result is a printed copy large enough to reveal some details for each individual picture in the mosaic upon close-up inspection.
OK, what is the deadline?
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, June 26 11:59 PM PST
Post it in this thread or PM it to me, wat.
- This project is considered as a "secondary" project.
Because a project of this nature is a little more ambitious, success is not guaranteed. At that time of deadline we will evaluate the status of the project and decide on whether or not to move to the production stage of the final project.
If we decide that we are unable to produce something worthy of giving to the girls, then we will simply put the project on hold until the next delivery opportunity arrives.
Let's do our best not to let that happen, though!
OK cool! So what do I do?
Submit a fan-sign style picture!!!
"Like what?!" you ask. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Yourself and your SCANDAL collection!
- Pictures of yourself cosplaying as SCANDAL!
- Pictures of yourself playing an instrument!
- FAN ARTS! Fan arts are perfect for this kind of thing! *cough* kaito and your CANTA grafitti *cough*
- Don't have a collection, or are creatively challenged? Print out the SCANDAL insignia, the SCANDAL HEAVEN logo, the CANTA logo, or a picture of your favorite member. Then, take a picture of yourself with it!
- For those of us that are able to gather and meet, take pictures of the whole group!
- Add your country's flag to your picture to show the girls that they have fans all over the world!
The possibilities are endless, really.
Of course, submissions must be appropriate for the girls so please check the rules!
Graphics you can use (but are not limited to):
White SCANDAL insignia with transparent background: https://i.imgur.com/UHxa4.png
So with that, let's do our best to make something really cool for the girls!
Thanks to mrmonkey for starting the gift discussions as well as for pushing the idea of creating something for the girls, chiy102 for the idea of a "video montage" which is similar in concept to a mosaic of stills, Koide for showcasing his fansigns on Facebook, and damatte0924 for submitting an actual mosaic for the last fan letter project, the inspiration from which this idea sprang, and of course SH staff for hearing me out and for the support!
Last edited by wat on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 19 times in total