SCANDAL HEAVEN Fan Mosaic Project
Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 am

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SCANDAL HEAVEN Fan Mosaic Project

This is a secondary gift project geared toward the spirit of "making" something for the girls, rather than "buying" something for them. In contrast to the T-Shirt Gift Project, which is fueled by donations, all members can contribute to this directly and have a distinct presence in this project.

What is the Mosaic Project?
Spoiler:
Well it's probably easier for you to see an example, rather than trying to explain it. Here's an example of an epic mosaic project:
To celebrate the 5 Year Anniversary of World of Warcraft, Blizzard started the World Of Warcraft Battlecry Mosaic Contest. Blizzard took submissions from players posing with a Horde or Alliance insignia and compiled 20,000 submissions into a giant mosaic. Check it out here:
http://www.wow-europe.com/wowanniversary/battlecry/
Another good example is damatte0924's fan letter submission, where he created a mosaic of the HARUKA CD cover using the girls' individual portraits:
http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t2762p200-scandal-heaven-fan-letter-project-2#163135
In the same vein, the goal of this project is to capture the spirit of SCANDAL HEAVEN and present it to the girls in a tangible form.

While we definitely won't reach the epic proportions of 20,000 submissions, we can use the submissions we do get to arrange the pictures into something simple like the SCANDAL insignia, a CANTA logo, or a simple shape like a heart.

The intended end result is a printed copy large enough to reveal some details for each individual picture in the mosaic upon close-up inspection.

OK, what is the deadline?
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, June 26 11:59 PM PST
Post it in this thread or PM it to me, wat.
Spoiler:
This project is considered as a "secondary" project.

Because a project of this nature is a little more ambitious, success is not guaranteed. At that time of deadline we will evaluate the status of the project and decide on whether or not to move to the production stage of the final project.

If we decide that we are unable to produce something worthy of giving to the girls, then we will simply put the project on hold until the next delivery opportunity arrives.

Let's do our best not to let that happen, though!

OK cool! So what do I do?
Submit a fan-sign style picture!!!

"Like what?!" you ask. Here are some ideas to get you started:

• Yourself and your SCANDAL collection!
  • Pictures of yourself cosplaying as SCANDAL!
  • Pictures of yourself playing an instrument!
  • FAN ARTS! Fan arts are perfect for this kind of thing! *cough* kaito and your CANTA grafitti *cough*
  • Don't have a collection, or are creatively challenged? Print out the SCANDAL insignia, the SCANDAL HEAVEN logo, the CANTA logo, or a picture of your favorite member. Then, take a picture of yourself with it!
  • For those of us that are able to gather and meet, take pictures of the whole group!
  • Add your country's flag to your picture to show the girls that they have fans all over the world!

The possibilities are endless, really.

Of course, submissions must be appropriate for the girls so please check the rules!

Examples:

mc's examples...
With SCANDAL Fansign:

With SCANDAL Related Item:

wat's examples...
With absolutely no effort:

With a little more effort:

Graphics you can use (but are not limited to):
Spoiler:

White SCANDAL insignia with transparent background: http://i.imgur.com/UHxa4.png

So with that, let's do our best to make something really cool for the girls!

Thanks to mrmonkey for starting the gift discussions as well as for pushing the idea of creating something for the girls, chiy102 for the idea of a "video montage" which is similar in concept to a mosaic of stills, Koide for showcasing his fansigns on Facebook, and damatte0924 for submitting an actual mosaic for the last fan letter project, the inspiration from which this idea sprang, and of course SH staff for hearing me out and for the support!

Last edited by wat on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 19 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL HEAVEN Fan Mosaic Project
Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 7:40 am

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
RULES and NOTES

Golden rule:
Submissions are NOT REQUIRED to be posted to this thread. However...
If you cannot post it to this thread without getting in trouble, then odds are it doesn't belong here.

Size Rules:
Recommended: 640 x 480 (but it's OK if it's bigger).
Minimum: 320 x 240

FAQs
Spoiler:

Q: I submitted my Fan Arts to the Fan Letter Project. Can I submit here too?
A: Absolutely! In fact it is encouraged! More pictures is better!

NOTE ABOUT FAN ART:
Fan art submissions must be original compositions, whether digital or hand-drawn and you must be able to claim original ownership. Fan arts that you do not own and photo manipulations will not be accepted.

Q: Can I make multiple submissions?
A: Yes, but if you do please try to make them distinctly unique. If you submit 10 pictures of yourself sitting in the same chair in different positions, then chances are that won't work out very well.

Q: I don't have a printer. Am I able to snap a picture of myself and photoshop something SCANDAL-related into it?
A: Yes, since Blizzard allowed this for their project I will also allow it with some discretion. But DO NOT photoshop yourself into a picture of SCANDAL to make it look like you're there, that's kind of weird.

Q: Does the picture have to be recent?
A: No, not necessarily. If you can tie SCANDAL into it somehow, it's pretty much fair game.

Q: Do I HAVE to be in the picture?
A: No. Again, I'm following Blizzard's lead where they allowed people to submit pictures of things that were not necessarily people. For example, there's a submission where a guy taped an Alliance insignia to his dog. Again, submissions of that nature this will be included at the discretion of common sense.

Q: Why not this _________ project?
A: Like I said before, we need to start a little small before moving up to big ambitious projects. I saw ideas for a "cover video" DVD, and while it's really cool the problem is that not all members can really participate.

There was also an idea for a general "video montage" of messages from fans but editing video is difficult and having Japanese subtitles for each message is almost mandatory, adding to the complexity of the project.

So with all that in mind, there's a higher chance of completing this by the delivery deadline.

Last edited by wat on Tue May 24, 2011 7:52 am; edited 11 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 am

BB

International Performer
International Performer
1st of all, i will give the maximum credit to wat for all the ideas provided. as you all can see, the project this time round is way way bigger than the last project. every members contributions are good, since together with small pieces, we will make it big!

and yes, do follow the rules once they are updated. together, we will make this project a maximum success!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 1:14 pm

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
what is the resolution for a picture~?
100x100 .50x50~?
or will any normal size picture will do~? Sweating

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”

l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 2:18 pm

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@d3nise

good question! bigger is always better because scaling down is easier than scaling up. I'm going to recommend a size of at least 800x600, but I will have to double check when I get home before adding this to the FAQ.

edit: above info is incorrect, please see rules post for size information

Last edited by wat on Sat May 14, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

I AM GIRAFFE!
damatte0924: Delirious now. May become like that later. Oh wait, it is now.
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
So I decided to make some examples again since this will be the first Fan Mosaic...

These are examples only so I only made them as simple as they can be, no creativity added, lol. Means also that this isn't my entry for this project. xD

Fan Picture with a sign saying whatever you like to SCANDAL:

Fan Picture with a SCANDAL item:

Dunno but when I took the picture the light appeared, must be the "automatic heavenly light effect" caused by the PB

I made the size there 800x600 something. Let's wait for wat to announce the recommended size.

So yeah, you can be as creative as you like as wat stated in the first post. Write anything or print in a paper, add your flag, add your collection, etc, and take a picture of it.

For me it's a lot more easier than writing a letter, you just think of something and take a picture of it. I hope same goes for the others.

Let's do our best then in making this SCANDAL HEAVEN Fan Mosaic Project a success!

---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

SakuRedux

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think I might hve to get creative with this and use my iPad Evil Grin Hopefully I'll have my last few SCANDAL CDs in time for the project to end ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 4:50 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
This is a cool idea~~!! Glad that my idea contributed to this project. Hope it will materialize and the mosaic will be completed.

So whatever photos I want to submit, just post it here right?

I'll do my best~~ HORA!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Einlanzer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'll start collecting random photos of them and print screening their DVDs. I feel creepy doing this, archiving almost every available photo of them.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 14, 2011 1:08 am

damatte0924

International Performer
International Performer
Einlanzer wrote:I'll start collecting random photos of them and print screening their DVDs. I feel creepy doing this, archiving almost every available photo of them.

I'm doing this as well, more pictures could really help create a bigger and better mosaic, though there is just the matter of size, of it being portrait or landscape because sometimes it's not going to look as good as it is. It just gives us more room to be creative then lol.

"The Ballad"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 14, 2011 9:38 pm

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I must have been delirious when I posted that size recommendation. It really does not have to be very big:

Here are the real ones:
RECOMMENDED SIZE: 640x480 (but bigger is still ok)
MINIMUM SIZE: 320x240

That makes mc's example a little big, but it is still a perfect example.

So, be as creative or as non-creative as you like!

I also removed the requirement to post to this thread for those people that are shy. But keep in mind that your picture will be on display anyway in the final product. Tongue

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 15, 2011 2:05 am

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
of course im in this!!!

hmm.. about the deadline.. could we still make it on june 19 or 20?

coz we have a toycon event on june 18 and 19.. ill try to ask as many SH ph members to attend and we can take group pics and various stuffs.

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 15, 2011 8:38 am

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

agree with Yuu...could we make it on June 19th or 20th??because the next IDSH gath is between June 17th or 18th....and we have planned to take a group picture...

Heso...!!!

Hehee Hehee

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 15, 2011 5:40 pm

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
sure guys, i will change it to the following wednesday, june 22. 1.5 weeks is still more than enough time to get the thing printed, i was just playing it safe.

promise me there will be lots of pictures!

Amazed

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 15, 2011 6:08 pm

tofu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hm, what pose could I do with my drumsticks.........

YOU WANT SCANDAL POSTERS? http://tinyurl.com/3s24elt

RIP Borg (Danijel Jagodic). You will truly be missed 19.08.2011

"Jam is something you put on your sandwich, Jelly is a state of being." 11.08.2011

So, thanks to the creative mind of Pokey the Cute and Fluffy, I am now Tofuroll
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 am

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@tofu get a sweet action shot of you slamming on the drums =P

Added some more examples as well as some graphics you can use. As you can see, you can put as little or as much effort as you want into it lol.

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 18, 2011 5:22 am

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
thanks man!

we're even planning on having a banner printed =Dp

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 9:23 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Here's mine, to start off things, since people are too shy Wink

Come on guys. I don't want to be the only person on this mosaic !!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 2:00 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Cool, Belz.

Yup, I'll try to put mine up asap.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 am

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thanks for stepping up belz!

looks like i need to add a version of the white insignia with transparent background, ill do that later tonight so you can get a cleaner one.

edit:
added white SCANDAL insignia with transparent background, you might want to re-do yours with that one Belz

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 24, 2011 3:04 pm

damatte0924

International Performer
International Performer
Well here's mine. Just a combination of a picture taken by Sam (SamIAm) and some editing. Hope you like it lol Sweating:

Spoiler:

If I did anything wrong, please inform me.

"The Ballad"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
So how many images do we have so far, including those sent by PM ?

Not much activity in this thread.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 am

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
So far yours and damatte's have been the only submissions, aside from mine and mc's examples.

There is still plenty of time, so when deadline gets closer I'm sure all sorts of people will come out of the woodwork.

About when June hits is when I'll start actively looking (read: begging) for submissions.

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 27, 2011 11:09 pm

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://beleloy.tumblr.com/

here's mine. Smile

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 28, 2011 9:39 am

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
nice billy, thanks for your effort!

Clap

we still need a LOT more pictures to make this work!! please help make this happen!!

also, in addition to the mosaic itself, i will make a simple slideshow with all of the pictures that have been submitted that way if SCANDAL watches it they can see all of the pictures in the mosaic in full resolution.

so please help out! June is coming up, which means it's CRAM TIME soon! submitting a picture is not only easy, it's also FREE; just look at how these guys have done it already!

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down