Re: FLiP
Posted Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Good news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 am

sagami

sagami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

FLiP – BIRTH Teaser

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Here's some unfortunate news:

For those who don't know, on January 8th, FLiP has announced that they will not be continuing on as a band together from now on.They had their 10th anniversary last year on October 6th. The came to this decision when they realize  that their "fuel" for heading towards the future together has hit rock bottom.  
So then they will have their final live on March 5th this year titled WonderLand.  After that the members will go on their new lives,  not as FLiP.  No future releases,  no more lives,  and no more activities together.

I got this information from a blogger who translated this announcement.  But here's the original source.

This is sad news.
I'm not a huge fan of FLiP,  but I really do like this band.  However,  their latest releases have not been my taste. Their new direction they were going for probably wasn't doing them any justice. But I don't know.  I'm not sure what they meant by the "fuel" for the future,  my guess is probably their desire to continue on has gone.  I don't know what made them stop wanting go on,  but I know for sure this has been a very long discussion.

What's even sadder is that they are close friends with Scandal,  I'm not sure if Scandal got the news,  but they probably would be very upset,  another young girls band, their friends, ending all band activities .
I will continue to listen to their music from debut to LoveToxicity. Here's to FLiP.

Last edited by Star~world96® on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't talk right now!( TДT))

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:13 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I just got around to listen to this band, they sound pretty good. It's always sad to read "xyz was a band..." but if things didn't work out anymore sometimes it has to be done. Let's hope they are not making a mistake. (I don't know the exact situation and if disbanding helped them or not but for example Do As Infinity disbanded so the members could go on their solo careers. Those were not very successful so they reunited after 3 years.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:03 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well that's pretty sad, to be honest, I don't know almost anything about them, but this is sad news for sure.
I don't wanna sound offensive, but maybe their sales weren't enough "successful".

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:01 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I'm sad but I guess it meant their new poppier direction wasn't really what they wanted to do so in a way I'm glad they decided to stay true to themselves.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Just saw them live and they played 2nd (out of 7 bands) for what couldnt have been more than 100 people, it was pretty sad to see but the live was awesome as it was expected, it makes sense that after 10 years of not moving up they've decided to split up but I hope they continue to make music on their own or with different bands. Good luck FliP! Also very envious of anyone that attends their final live as I can only assume its going to be the most intense ever

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:46 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Super sad that FLiP is done. Is SCANDAL the only girl band from that generation still together?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:13 am

K/

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi I'm new here!
i started listening to FLiP 1 year ago and now they're one of my favourite band,
but since FLiP has disbanded few years ago I can't find some resources related to them (they seem to be deleted somehow)
so...does anyone know where to listen to their first album and where to watch music videos?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:25 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yo K/ —
You can still get quite a few FLiP MVs on YouTube. But when you search for them be sure to enter something like <FLiP japan band> otherwise you'll get probably directed to some other band with a similar name. You may be able to find some of their albums to order from CD Japan or YesAsia. If you have the right app (which i don't), they're still on Spotify I think

Last edited by etwee on Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:14 pm

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
you must search for the user flipSMEJ
to listen to their albums in youtube

link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Almond Crush Team  .love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:21 am

p.t.r

p.t.r

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Albums/songs are available on streaming services as well as on youtube.

As for music videos, to my most recent knowledge, the only PV's available internationally from before they went pop (2014-2016) is Raspberry Rhapsody, otherwise it's only later stuff such as Jeremy or Girl. Other videos are region restricted so the only way to access them is through a reliable VPN.

Which is really a shame, because old FLiP (up to 2013) was fantastic and I consider FLiP my favorite japanese band based on those albums. Their later stuff, while not entirely bad (I like songs like Jeremy, Undermine or Rainbow, which was their final song), is just not as good as the previous stuff.

Here is a list of music videos that are region restricted/VPN only available.

Videos:

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.