Re: 3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』
Posted Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:46 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@NathanielG
I can of course understand why you want to order all 3 but don't you
feel you are falling for the Japanese record companies cunning plan ?
In England a band releases a album or a single, but in Japan they thought
up this wonderful idea to get you to buy 3 copies of the same album ?

3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』 - Page 5 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Ouch ! I thought I'd buy both the regular edition and the photobook this time around, so I can carry the CD in its original box in addition to having the book... but isn't it a bit more expensive this time around ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:22 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Not a massive thing, but on the sonymusic website the album title is written without a space as "BABYACTION".

Edit: Hmm, probably just a typo, official twitter account just wrote it as "BABY ACTION".

Last edited by 320x200 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:26 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
I wonder if the album will include Love Survive as well. It seems a logical assumption, though the two releases are only two weeks apart.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:54 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@320
most distributors are listing as BABY ACTION, so I think that is just a typo (they typed also SCADNAL in the line right above BABYACTION lol). It's also listed as BABY ACTION on the Sony Music Shop.

@tony
you're asking this question of the guy who got the Tofu Kozo OST for 30 USD just for the ハルカ ~Special Ver.~ Tongue

i just pre-ordered all 3 on YesAsia, myself. but that's just a precaution for me.

@BB
BB wrote:through layachan, we have more details on this album.

for TYPE C, as expected, CD will come with photobook. what is intriguing is that it will be super classy hard cover version. may follow magazine theme.

for TYPE B, DVD will have SCANDAL theme MV based on their indie days as well as the expected DREAMER Tour digest version.

for TYPE A, 1st press holders will have a special ticket for an exclusive live concert, (but seriously even we are to get it, we need to buy air tickets to watch)

http://fuckyeahscandalband.tumblr.com/post/6320564666/updates-on-scandals-11th-single-3rd-studio

a little clarifications:

Type A has the hardcover magazine photobook, Type C is CD-only with the concert ticket for first-press orders. But it seems that the distributors are not using the "Type X" designation this time around, so we should probably stop using it to avoid confusion.

"SCANDAL theme MV" mentioned above means the video is actually set to the song "SCANDAL no Theme."

Pre-orders on HMV:
Magazine Edition:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4091784

CD+DVD Edition:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4091785

Regular (CD-only) Edition:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4091786

HMV News Article:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/news/article/1106080045/

Last edited by wat on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total

3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』 - Page 5 SrcM2
I AM GIRAFFE!
damatte0924: Delirious now. May become like that later. Oh wait, it is now.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:20 am

Onyx

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://plus.google.com/+PeterZurkirchen
Edit: nm, someone already posted this earlier today BEFORE the CDJapan links? That never happens!

Well with all these, the new single, and Versailles new album and so on there are going to be some choices to be made....

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:24 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@onyx
jade listed those last night, but thanks anyway!

CD Japan is offering about a 5% discount on all 3 editions, so it's cheaper than YesAsia even with shipping. Yeah, i'll be cancelling that order to yesasia now LOL.

edit:
we'll have to wait and see about this actually; i just noticed that CD Japan has the magazine edition listed as (weight) 120g, where it should be 1200g. so this could potentially affect shipping cost once they correct it.

3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』 - Page 5 SrcM2
I AM GIRAFFE!
damatte0924: Delirious now. May become like that later. Oh wait, it is now.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:49 am

ken0601

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://ani-culture.net
CDJapan has the pre orders made available.

Regular version.

DVD version

Limited edition

Another 7k yen gone for August. But, IMO, EPIC's pricing is abit steep nau.

3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』 - Page 5 Chiya300x50
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Which is the best place to pre-order from?

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:15 am

ken0601

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
NathanielG wrote:Which is the best place to pre-order from?

CDJapan for me.

Usually I get the items 1 day before actual release.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:16 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@Ken: 320x200 just posted the CD Japan links a few posts above yours. lol everyone's double-posting the pre-order links. =Dp

@Erich: Yeah, the price will probably jump up quite a bit. Last year with the TB PB, CD Japan misquoted the weight (like what's happening with this PB as well), and a few days before the album came out, they sent people e-mails saying that the price of shipping would go up an extra 1750 yen. I found Ross's post on the TB thread and he said that the original price w/ shipping was $53-ish, but with the updated shipping costs, it came out to $67.13. And if you're ordering the other 2 copies as well, shipping's definitely going to be even higher. So, yeah, in your case it looks like YesAsia might be a better buy, seeing as it's free shipping for orders over $39 USD.

@Nate: Well, if you're looking to save money, it looks like YesAsia might be a better buy, according to what I just said in my previous paragraph, though it does depend on what you're ordering. The PB is cheaper on CD Japan but with shipping will be about the same price (if not more) as it is on YesAsia. The CD+DVD and Regular Version are about the same price on both sites, though it is free shipping on YA on orders over $39 USD, and CDJ charges shipping fees on every item you buy.

3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:22 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
I have accumulated quite a bit of points on CDJapan so I think I'll go with that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:24 am

ken0601

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:@Ken: 320x200 just posted the CD Japan links a few posts above yours. lol everyone's double-posting the pre-order links. =Dp

@Erich: Yeah, the price will probably jump up quite a bit. Last year with the TB PB, CD Japan misquoted the weight (like what's happening with this PB as well), and a few days before the album came out, they sent people e-mails saying that the price of shipping would go up an extra 1750 yen. I found Ross's post on the TB thread and he said that the original price w/ shipping was $53-ish, but with the updated shipping costs, it came out to $67.13. And if you're ordering the other 2 copies as well, shipping's definitely going to be even higher. So, yeah, in your case it looks like YesAsia might be a better buy, seeing as it's free shipping for orders over $39 USD.

@Nate: Well, if you're looking to save money, it looks like YesAsia might be a better buy, according to what I just said in my previous paragraph, though it does depend on what you're ordering. The PB is cheaper on CD Japan but with shipping will be about the same price (if not more) as it is on YesAsia. The CD+DVD and Regular Version are about the same price on both sites, though it is free shipping on YA on orders over $39 USD, and CDJ charges shipping fees on every item you buy.

My last 2 purchases off Yesasia had bad experiences, I had received items with some cracks on the CD cases. Plus the free shipping to SG is 2 weeks instead of the usual norm of 1 week I get from them when I first started buying there.

So Yesasia is nono for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:25 am

ken0601

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
NathanielG wrote:I have accumulated quite a bit of points on CDJapan so I think I'll go with that.

You can use the points to offset shipping costs as well now, they have revamped their rewards and redemption program already.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:07 am

wormwood

wormwood

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
baby action first press will have a photobook , right? I'm really confused about it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:21 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@Aki: Which are you referring to, exactly? Do you mean the actual photobook (the large one that comes with the album, and like the ones that they had for BEST SCANDAL & TEMPTATION BOX), or a photo booklet (the small pink ones that only come with the first presses of their singles)?

If it's the former, then the photobook isn't exactly "first press"; it's a limited edition version, and it won't contain any first press bonuses like the event ticket that comes with the Regular Version. You just get the photobook + CD.

If it's the latter, then yeah, no versions of BABY ACTION will have those small pink photo booklets; those only come with the first press singles and not the albums. LOVE SURVIVE will have one of those booklets, though.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:34 am

wormwood

wormwood

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@thoseguiltyeyes I pre-ordered the Baby Action (First Press Limited Edition), did I got the right one?

I want to have the same one as the TB and BS photobook.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:38 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@Aki: Ah, I see. Did you buy it from YesAsia, and did you buy the one that costs the most? Then yes, you got the right one. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 am

wormwood

wormwood

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@thoseguiltyeyes I got it from Yesasia. Thanks for clearing it all up for me. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
When in doubt click the one that costs more just buy everything!

We need to help them get at least a single/album to no.1!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:24 am

Kisa

Kisa

Caless Student
Caless Student
WOOOOW!!
that's so great
hmm.. still confuse, which one that I'll buy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
See my above post Tongue

I just pre-ordered them lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
i wish they'd put all good stuffs in on album~
i mean the DVD etc. Hehee

thanks for this~ Onion XD

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』 - Page 5 URT1EYY
3rd Album - 『BABY ACTION』 - Page 5 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:36 am

seikomiru

seikomiru

Caless Student
Caless Student
weeee, i ordered the regular edition(first press), limited edition with DVD type B, Love Survive (first press bonus), practically 3 out of the 4 i bought :D

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.