Are SCANDAL pushing themselves too hard ?
Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned

Between the Dreamer tour, that just finished, the trip to America, the other appearances scheduled soon and the fall tour, SCANDAL seems to be very busy for a young band. Add to that the multiple promotions for Haruka in April, appearances on various shows, and the release of both a single and a full album this summer, their calendar must be really packed.

Now, I've read several members say that they are overworked by Sony or by themselves. So here's a thread where we can discuss this.

Personally, I can't say if they're overworked or not. I do admit that they are very active, but they don't seem tired to me. I think if they couldn't handle it, they'd probably say "you know, mr. Epic Records, I think we'll take this month off." Plus, they're still very young. Lots of energy at that age, I hear. Happy

But... what do YOU think ?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Are SCANDAL pushing themselves too hard ?
Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Yes... I've seen their tour schedule its insane! As young as they are its going to far and Haru is losing her voice from I what I've seen and heard.... I don't want her to go through surgery like Natelie Horler of CASCADA had to.... after all this they should go for a long, long break..... thats what I think.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Well, Haru having voice problems goes back a long way. Watch BEST*SCANDAL DVD for some examples. Seems to be an on-and-off thing for her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 am

Cryptor

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cryptor1/
yep in last time it´s too much for all band members i think . . . they need a break and time to relax !
i cant wait for the new releases in august but i hope they relaxing a bit after the hard work . . .. . .

Last edited by Cryptor on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 am

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
I'm guessing the people behind the girls (producers etc.) want to take advantage of their current momentum to gain as much exposure (and $ I guess..). But imo, they shouldn't push the girls too hard. I noticed in some of their recent interviews that the girls look real tired.. If not for their own vivaciousness, this would be very apparent. And they're just young! They should have at least a week or a month off or something, imo. That wouldn't hurt the band, wouldn't it? (Say do it after a tour just finished) UHUH!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Slightly off topic but considering the length of the fall tour, they should really consider tuning their instruments down half a step. This can help protect Haru's voice. If this was a good enough decision for legends like Jimi Hendrix and countless other bands/artists, it should be fine for them.

Back on topic, yes it seems like this year they are pushing very, very hard. I can't know for sure, but as long as they themselves have a say in their promo activities then it's ok. As long as they or their management team know their limit.

It could be worse. I read somewhere that some girl units and K-pop groups have an even more grueling schedule...

I hope their efforts will pay off. They really deserve an Oricon No. 1.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 pm

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I also think they doing too much this year. 2 tours in this year and they have to produce a album between that, and tv shows and so on. I worry about Haru´s voice.. Shy with the tours and the album they won´t have a break, right? They love what they do, but I also think the management pushs them a bit too hard.

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Well I've seen other bands have similar schedules certain years.

I don't know about Haru's voice. As I said it's not the first time she has problems with it but does anybody have more details about her current problem ? I mean, seven Dreamer shows, a few TV appearances... it shouldn't tax her voice that much.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:39 pm

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
no they are not.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Care to elaborate a bit on that ? It's not a poll: we are seeking discussion, after all.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:46 pm

BB

International Performer
International Performer
basically, this topic is similar to this.

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Man... I just read the thread that BB posted and as much as Scandal is famous because their promotion and their own talent it seems they've fallen into a trap of fame, fortune and the rest. Their people as well.... ok I might be repeating myself but they really just need a big F ing break. Ok Haruna's voice might be an on and off thing but it won't help if she keeps pushing it....

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 am

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
I read the other thread but imo record labels in general should prioritize the girls welfare to their own interests. Yes, an artist may have signed a contract but that doesn't mean that any record label should use that as a traphole for the artists regardless of their welfare. That's inhuman.. now, I'm not accusing anybody here. I'm just saying that I hope that SCANDAL along with any other artist is not treated in this way..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:59 am

miguelsvx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yes I agree to that. That's what I think about the music industry, and I will not continue about their(music industry) goals/interests like turning the artists into... uh.. you know that already.. But if SCANDAL are comfy with it, then go! Peace Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
DUL7 wrote:I read the other thread but imo record labels in general should prioritize the girls welfare to their own interests.

They wouldn't stay record companies for long, if they did that.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 am

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
^ Well, I guess you have a point.. But maybe a little bit of both? Like record labels shouldn't go all the way even sacrificing their own company but they also shouldn't sacrifice the artists welfare (health, dignity.. etc.) but, that is likely to happen because people tend to put themselves first before others.. Maybe I'm just an idealistic person but it's not bad to wish out loud, I guess..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Belz... wrote:
DUL7 wrote:I read the other thread but imo record labels in general should prioritize the girls welfare to their own interests.

They wouldn't stay record companies for long, if they did that.

True... but they have a contract... they can't just leave.... so.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am

seikomiru

Caless Student
Caless Student
mayb they are just rush the "x" number of album and singles that the contract stated they have to do, so near to the end of the contract they got more time t relax? :D?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
DUL7 wrote:^ Well, I guess you have a point.. But maybe a little bit of both?

Of course. Just like other businesses, it's about the money, but you don't make money if you turn your own customers against you, or if you lose your artists. But the point is, Sony _will_ push them because A) They want to make money from their shows and music and B) They have great confidence in their talent, otherwise they wouldn't push them.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:48 am

Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
seikomiru wrote:mayb they are just rush the "x" number of album and singles that the contract stated they have to do, so near to the end of the contract they got more time t relax? :D?

You have a point. Didn't they have a long break between their singles late last year? I think they had a long break between their Nanka Buttobase single and Pride single...unless there was a tour or something similar in between that I don't remember.

Edit: Ah right, I forgot about R-GIRL's ROCK. Still maybe they are planning to take a break near the end of the year.

Last edited by KoiMoyou on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:23 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
No they released R-girl's Rock their cover album in November... yea they had a rest but I think this year is abit jam packed....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Are Scandal pushing themselves too hard ?

We should remember that they are Japanese so we need to judge by Japanese standards.
My youngest Japanese friend Mina is at High school in Niigata.
She is at school all day and then her Parents pay for her to go to 'cram' school until 10pm, on Saturday she has a part time job at a video store.
But she said she still finds time for boyfriends and fun !
Do you think Scandal are working harder than her ?

Also some members seem to think Scandal are a new band but this is far from true, they have been playing together since 2006 , so by English band standards they are veterans and know what they are doing !
They must know each other really well and more important they seem to like each other !
Many English bands would have exploded or imploded by now !

When I was in a band we used to play every night because ;
A. We did not get paid otherwise and
B. Because we really enjoyed it.

Of course Sony will push them to work hard, any Boss will !
The CEO of Sony still leads a staff jog around the building before the working day begins, he works hard so he expects everyone else to do the same.
But I think they are sensible and talented young girls and will be around for a long time to come !

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Ah. There you have it folks: age, experience, temperance and wisdom have spoken. Tongue Thanks, Tony, for putting this in perspective.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks Tony my man.. I can't compare your waaaay longer experience than mine.. Nice One sooo

Praise I guess that explains it.. UHUH!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:56 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
@tonymiller your friend Mina is SUPER School till 10 pm has a BF she can maintain, works and can find time for herself.... I could never do that. Well I guess its true they need to work hard. But there's a fine line between hard working and overworked.... and I think Scandal is about to cross that line... Hmmm I bet they take some type of supplement to keep them going... Knuckles

Back to top Go down