Re: Are SCANDAL pushing themselves too hard ?
Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:41 am

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
@bleachnlife: Or maybe they are just that good~~ LOL (no supplements)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:43 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Abit impossible when their touring.... unless they like sugar filled stuff everyday then thats not really supplements....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:27 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Bleach, Tony's point was that, at school, they were more overworked than they are currently as a band, so it's probably easier on them now than it used to be.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:51 am

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm less concerned with their level of exhaustion compared to the way they are being marketed right now. They are looking better, true, but they are also looking more like a generic girl-band. Well, one that can actually play instruments, but I digress.

I swear, if a "Happy Rotation"-esque PV comes out, I'm resigning as a fan >.>

And I wouldn't worry about them too much, last year was much more hectic and they persevered. These girls love doing this, I don't see why they can't keep going for a few more months. A short hiatus would be great though...so that I can refill my wallet D:

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
LOL quite true you can see the girls passion for their work.... what's Happy rotation?? LOL fill your wallets.... just buy the normal album don't go for the expensive limited ones but its so tempting to do so.

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:50 pm

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
@Paladinoras: I youtube'd Happy Rotation and Nervous dang, I had to scroll down and finally close the tab because I'm not the only one on this room! What the heck was that? WTF! (If I didn't. I would seriously look live a big time perv.. Sweating )

If they decided to do a PV like that, I would be saddened (actually broken-hearted) but there's nothing much I can do. But, I doubt that they would.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:20 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@DUL7
You mean you have only just discovered AKB48 PV's ?
You had better not watch "Ponytail to Shushu" then !
My wife gets mad and says "Are you watching those Japanese schoolgirls again" !

But don't worry, Scandal are a band not Japanese idols, I do not think we have to worry about them forgetting to put their clothes on !

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Ponytail to Shushu, eh ?

Yes, I just saw what you mean. One of SCANDAL's selling point is their cuteness, but music comes first. Or at least it should. I don't know how popular the Beatles would've been if they hadn't been a group of attractive young men...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:21 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Belz... wrote:Ponytail to Shushu, eh ?

Yes, I just saw what you mean. One of SCANDAL's selling point is their cuteness, but music comes first. Or at least it should. I don't know how popular the Beatles would've been if they hadn't been a group of attractive young men...

Yup, after all, it's still showbiz.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:34 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
My friend at CDJapan said that if a girl cannot sing and cannot dance and has funny teeth then she is perfect as a Japanese idol, but I think he is being unfair !
I am also a huge fan of AKB48 and I think many of them can sing and dance,
Prime Minister Naoto Kan recently said sadly that he wished he was as popular as
AKB48 !

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:06 am

harisalone12

International Performer
International Performer
@tonymiller that's a nice explanation there....

~SCANDAL~ ROCK MY SOUL.... Nice One

~They also ROCK my WORLD~Tears of Joy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:10 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:@DUL7

But don't worry, Scandal are a band not Japanese idols, I do not think we have to worry about them forgetting to put their clothes on !

HAHAAHHAHAHA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your wife is EPIC HAHAHA Happy shes hilarious " Are you watching those japanese school girls" I watched AKB48 PV for bingo and I'm not a terribly big fan of them....

I just watched a second of Happy Rotation being a girl I went XO....WTF! my mouth was wide open I'm now certainly not a fan of them... who the hell makes a PV with girls in bras and corsets their not Lady GAGA~!!!

Ok now back on topic I guess so... but wouldn't they get a a little leeway with study... I think their teachers knew they were part for coming to be epic rock band....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:39 am

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:@DUL7

@tonymiller: I just watched that PV you mentioned and.. I'm so culture-shocked! It's.. a very diff. (and awkward) approach in "promoting" the group but I have to say that the song was catchy, although I had to listen to it longer because I was too distracted by the "culture-shockness" of it all. Wew

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:12 am

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Belz... wrote:Ponytail to Shushu, eh ?

Well, all of the members of the Beatles now are either unattractive or dead...and look at their popularity amongs the current crowd xD

Bad example though, I digress.

And yes, as I said, I liked SCANDAL, and have actually supported them all these years, because they have an "edge" so to speak. Most girlbands focus on the "girl" part, but SCANDAL is focused on the "band" part, and I do respect that about them.

But nevertheless, OOT, time to take this to another thread.

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Alice

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I still think this is too much for our girl
Even you can say Japanese people is diligent and hard working...

You can't compare their work with usual work. The daily work, even it is tiring if you do it daily, you will feel it is ordinary.

But for entertainer, they sometimes have full schedule. Like tour and concert.
yes the concert is only 2 hour, but what about their preparation?and in hectic situation like that, irregular eating and sleeping make them more tired.

And recording is very tiring. You play the instrument and sing all the day.
I think that they rush to recording after dreamer tour is can be categorize as pushing them too hard ><

IMO they must rest at least for a week before recording

Of course they don't let other to know they feel tired, because they feel responsible.

I only hope they are well, as long as they are healthy is okay.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:Are Scandal pushing themselves too hard ?
When I was in a band we used to play every night because ;
A. We did not get paid otherwise and
B. Because we really enjoyed it.

Of course Sony will push them to work hard, any Boss will !
The CEO of Sony still leads a staff jog around the building before the working day begins, he works hard so he expects everyone else to do the same.
But I think they are sensible and talented young girls and will be around for a long time to come !

Tony... You and I have a lot in common. Being in working bands is hard work but my fear is that there is something entirely different going on here. I just watched them on YT performing at both Mezamashi and Kitakyushu. It was disheartening at best. I'm afraid of the possibility that Haruna may have something more serious than fatigue and stress going on with her voice. Something is wrong here and I hope she can get it looked after. Your thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Ofcourse it isn't easy to go here and there, to play live, to release albums and singles, to do photosets and so on so on so on. I guess it is really exhausting. But shouldn't we support the girls as their fans? I'm pretty sure, that they will not be happy if they know that we are sorry for them. I mean, they don't want to hear from their fans something like "hey, take a rest!", they want to hear "Ganbatte and really thank you for your work!"

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:35 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@graffixron
I have to agree with you, I watched those gigs as well !
Back in the 60's I was in many English bands that exploded or imploded when the pressure got too great !
I would hate that to happen to Scandal.

But at least they have the advantage that they really like each other, I was in bands where everyone hated each other !
Don't forget the Japanese motto 'I will do my best' !
Japanese bands nearly all work much harder then English bands.
How would you compare them with US bands ?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:09 pm

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:@graffixron
I have to agree with you, I watched those gigs as well !
Back in the 60's I was in many English bands that exploded or imploded when the pressure got too great !
I would hate that to happen to Scandal.

But at least they have the advantage that they really like each other, I was in bands where everyone hated each other !
Don't forget the Japanese motto 'I will do my best' !
Japanese bands nearly all work much harder then English bands.
How would you compare them with US bands ?

Compare? Hmmm... well you can "work yourself to the point of collapse" in any situation and at just about any job. US bands are no different I suppose... although most of them I just can't stand to listen to.
My concern is that there is something CLINICALLY going wrong with Haruna's vox and chords/throat. You CAN sing so much that you do some bad damage to your chords that can take a very long time to recover.

Pushing someone in ANY job to the point of physical harm is a work ethic I believe most human beings can do without. The question of this thread was "Is Scandal pushing themselves too hard?"
I believe it's not the band but rather Sony pushing the band for the sake of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

If it comes down to Haruna losing her ability to sing.... then what?

I'm just throwing out questions that I believe somebody in management is blindly ignoring.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:21 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@graffixron
I have to agree that the thread should read 'Are Sony pushing the band too hard'.
Sony like all companies see Scandal as a moneymaker and want to make as much as they can from them while they are still popular.
The 'Beatles' escaped from the relentless pressure of EMI by forming their own company Apple.
If Scandal could do the same they could work at their own speed.

But surely Sony do not want to 'kill the golden goose', if Haruna got sick it could mean the end of Scandal, the girls really seem to like each other.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm concerned about this too. Mezamashi live 2011 was not easy to watch. Is this a one off? How did Haru sound during GIRLS' FACTORY?

I try to have faith and believe that TEAM SCANDAL and Eisuke-san are doing the right thing and are protecting Haru however they can. If she is really physically ill then I trust that they know how to fix it. I know of a few people in music who have had similar problems with vocal chord cysts or nodules etc. The good news is, this problem can be fixed.

It's all speculation right now though. It could be something completely innocuous like a cold or hayfever etc.

But it's a tough balancing act, protecting their asset while fulfilling their obligations.

Now to answer that question, are they pushing/being pushed too hard? They haven't gotten to BB King/James Brown levels of madness yet (280 shows a year!!)and they do seem like they're having a blast (watch the NicoNico Pajama Party, it's a riot!) I'm thinking they can still take it, Haru's vocal issues aside.

I wish them the best and will be looking forward to watching them live in September.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 am

GROLEM11

International Performer
International Performer
I think theyre deffinatley enjoying theyre time an doing it for theyre fans and themselves ofcoarse,even if they are pushing hard its not a bad thing but i think they deffinatley deserve a break theyve worked really hard and made alot of progress. Theyve deffinaley got the SPIRIT!!! SCANDAL FOREVER!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 am

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
can someone elaborate on haru's "voice problems"? she's had a history of problems? what's wrong? is it acting up now? i haven't noticed it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Well from what I've heard and seen its a problem shes always had if you've seen one of their interviews that reflects on their indie days the long pull at the end at Fruits of love her voice goes off alittle thats probably the most obvious shown of her voice problem. It won't act up as much if you don't use it alot but in her case, as you know SCANDAL is quite active pushing your vocals isn't the best.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 am

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hmm, interesting. thanks, i'll keep my ears out for that.

back to the topic, i hope they know their limit and don't push themselves toward injury or burn out.

~dobon dobon do!!!~

Back to top Go down