Re: Are SCANDAL pushing themselves too hard ?
Posted on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Well if they enjoy it won't hurt them as much. But thats what you get when your signed up to one of Japan's biggest music records their gonna get the most out of you.... this is the road they chose this is what they get....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:34 pm

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm not buying into the mentality "your job... deal with it"
Limitations... everyone has them, and Sony should respect those limitations. I am not sure if they are or aren't. All I know is that during those last two performances I watched. THAT was not Haruna. The voice was painful and sad to listen to and at times barely audible above a whisper. Not a good situation.
Think about it... If you're spending money on seeing your favorite band perform and one of the members becomes ill... wouldn't you rather give them love and respect by having them re-schedule and return feeling well instead of realizing that with every note sung that they would much rather be anyplace else?

As fans we are not entitled to demand a single thing. We are allowed to see/hear them if they so choose. That is respect... and because of that respect THEY decide to share their talents with us.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:17 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Well thats I what would I agreed to. But being signed up to one of Japan's largest music companies does mean more work than a indie label... and yes I would agree with you about the last few performances.... yes if their suffering under the stress what can us as fans do? I mean not going to their concerts might another way for them.... I just hope SCANDAL can be relieved from the amount of work they receive or are asked to do....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:54 am

alrick13

Too much attention (blame) is given to Sony about Scandal's workload but how about their manager EISUKE? I think what is straining them especially Haruna is not the average of Four single + album release they are doing a year but their tour and live appearances...

This is how I see it, in terms of CD/DVD or other merchandise release they are directed by Sony/Epic Records but for live projects Eisuke and the rest of their management has the control. Eiskue being the manager has the responsibility to also check their health conditions, actually anything that may affect their careers...

Why I think Eisuke is the one really pushing them with all the work load? How does a management agency / manager profit from their artist/talent? By having a certain percentage from their income... And having multiple projects in a short period of time will bring considerable profits for him....

Really praying that Haruna recovers in time for their Baby Action Asian Tour and Virgin Hall Tour.... I'm just being paranoid to her health condition cause a while ago Tomomi Itano announce that she has a vocal cord nodule, and it comes in various forms some recover by resting and vocal lesson, in the worst case it requires surgery...

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:13 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Between now and the Asia Tour they should just as minimum amount of singing as possible.... I mean if Haruna's voices does got over strained (if theres such a word) thats it for SCANDAL unless Tomo or Mami steps for leads.... still won't be the same....
I hope Haruna is actually has concerns for her own problem and not to push it over the limit.... I heard that from a friend that they only get 20% of the sales from their CDs.... I dunno about their live performances but they certainly should receive more than this....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:14 pm

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I totally agree bleach. I pause in the fast pace is dearly needed.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 am

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
I'm really starting to get worried about Haruna's voice. Just as graffixron stated, I also noticed how Haruna's voice on their latest Mezamashi Live was, on some parts, not the "powerful" voice that we have come to love from her. And, I also feel disheartened everytime I hear Haruna sound that way. I feel sad for her and the band.

Back on topic, I really wish that SCANDAL, or anybody else for that matter is not pushing the girls, to the point of bodily harm.

And if it's not too off topic, can anybody here who knows artists/vocalists who have had vocal problems to share some of their stories? Were they fixed? or, God forbid, were it the end of their careers?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I don't think it would end their careers but it does take time to recover... unless its really severe its unlikely to happen. It just requires time for rehab.... if you know Natelie Horler from Cascada you probably know what happens when you use your voice too much... I doubt Haruna's voice will ever get ruined but it won't help if she keeps pushing it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:34 am

alrick13

bleachnlife wrote:I don't think it would end their careers but it does take time to recover... unless its really severe its unlikely to happen. It just requires time for rehab.... if you know Natelie Horler from Cascada you probably know what happens when you use your voice too much... I doubt Haruna's voice will ever get ruined but it won't help if she keeps pushing it.

do hope that she recover this coming Asia Tour 2011.... I'm just being too paranoid whenever a live perf is out on youtube and her voice seems strange.... really praying that this issue will not lead to ending their careers as a band....

And to team Scandal and especially Eisuke.... hope they are really paying attention to Haru's condition

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:17 am

ceyrai

Caless Student
Caless Student
As much as I love the SCANDAL releases being released in quick succession this year, I'm worried that they might get too physically, emotionally, mentally, and creatively fatigued with everything they're doing. Yes, they're young, but if they go through the motions of fame too quickly they're going to burn out - individually and as a group.

Strategy-wise, it's also not good to keep pushing and pushing SCANDAL to the general public too often. You know how short people's attention spans are, and people are going to get tired of the same old thing. (I don't think I'll ever get tired of them though!) It's better to keep them anticipating so the hype to their singles and albums reach a fever pitch.

So all I'm saying is, less SCANDAL for the short-term = less fatigue for the girls = more SCANDAL in the long-term. <3

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:19 pm

amz7250

Banned
Banned
yea i think there pushing there pushing themselves so hard, their schedule are full this year plus Haruna is loosing her voice. they need a break.

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:49 pm

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haruna voice problem is really a concern...

Actually since the start of the year in Jan the "ontama?" performance , the 1 in yokohama i tink...

Her voice condition sounded very bad... lyk REALLY REALLY BAD....

After that it improved/recovered to a certain lvk but then recently you can hear that it isnt 100% again

SO yea...its pretty serious! but sadly no matter wad we dicuss here cant really be of anyhelp unless we can sumhow get e msg across....

Mayb make a sign that says " love you but pls get sum rest"? during sep tour?

I jus chked their schedule, so far for sep there is only 1 live event(exclude asia tour) and 3 tv shows but tink they only "perform" in 2(non-live) of them before their virgin hall tour starts in 13 oct...all during early part of sep

So hopefully they can hv ample time to rest...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:59 pm

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think they should take a few months off. Really. Just go up into the mountains of Japan... get away and rest. Meditate, rest, study some music theory, rest, rest, rest... then come back healthy and energized... Just my 2 cents....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:07 am

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
^ +1

I think every fan agrees to this.. BABY ACTION is an album that can keep us going for a long time.. so no need to rush in promoting it further or having new projects..

I just hope the management and label also agrees.. Wew

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:37 am

gray

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yeah, i think they should take a break....they are pushing themselves too hard for all lovely fans....
As SCANDAL fan, i think we should appreciate it and keep give our support and love to them Cheer Onion
Besides, i really concern about HARUNA's voice..... Onion Tsk

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:41 am

HaRinax

Caless Student
Caless Student
Haru's voice kinda change a bit Nervous Haru please take a rest

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Andika

SPAMMER
SPAMMER
i hope haruna san always have good healty stamina n voice
Cheer Onion

haruna san ~!! SPIRIT Cheer Onion

i hope eisuke san as manager know how the best to manage time too break n take care SCANDAL BAND Onion Tsk
don't pushing SCANDAL Too hard Please Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:32 am

VaizardsFTW

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yeah the SCANDAL members need to take a break because their schedules are completely packed with concerts, guest appearances, and interviews. It never seems like they have a private life.

5/22/15 - 「HELLO WORLD」 - Los Angeles, CA HoB
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Leyh

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rheyolds?feature=mhee
Yeah They really need a break...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:11 am

tensaipaula

Caless Student
Caless Student
SCANDAL, thanks for all the hard work! They're doing that for us fans, right? So shouldn't we be at least thankful?

Back to top Go down