What you like about the current SCANDAL
Posted on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Alice

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Dunno why there is so many negative thing i hear lately about SCANDAL Nani?
Hey they are still SCANDAL we love you know ^^

Let's think about positive thing
What are you like about current SCANDAL?

I really like their current music, yes it is some ballad like HARUKA, but you know, the song is cool and have deep meaning, the melody is nice to hear too. How about Pride? it is really good lyric, thanks to TOMO, and it is rock and upbeat too. PRIDE always boost my pride every time hear it.

They have choreo too, it is nice.I think it is not to important because they are BAND, but still love to watch it
HORA!

Their skill is expanded, not only rock and punk, they can play slow rock or pop . I really love their R ~ Girl's ROCK.

And now they are noticeable, before even my friend don't know about SCANDAL but now their song played in my country Clap (Satisfaction)

And sure they got prettier, and stylish now. Make everyone Love just seeing them. And not important imo, but hey i like it.

Member start to compose their music and i think it is a very good advance for their future

That's from me, i want to added more but i think mine is too long already so i give other to share their mind

(btw mod, is this thread acceptable?)

Back to top Go down

Re: What you like about the current SCANDAL
Posted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 am

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
The one thing I like about the current SCANDAL (and by "current" I mean "post-TEMPTATION BOX") is their music, as well. Save for the A-sides, their recent singles have had some of their best compositions yet, like CUTE!, Emotion, Satisfaction, and Want you. And I know LOVE SURVIVE hasn't been released yet, but I'm already going crazy over Kimi Ni Shitto Chuu.

Yes, it's mostly the B-sides that really shined, for me. Those five songs I mentioned have given me this feeling that perhaps SCANDAL is "going back to their roots", so to speak, in terms of their sound. I kinda missed that from them, to be honest. And so I really like the "feel" of those five songs. Nothing overly manufactured. Just unfiltered and raw, the way rock should be. I may be wrong, though. And besides, it's probably too soon to tell because BABY ACTION could tell me otherwise. But based on their recent singles, I like the direction that they're heading this time, and I hope they stay the course.

Personally though, I'm just worried about two things that could affect the current SCANDAL and possibly their immediate future: their workload (I hope they don't gas themselves out physically and mentally anytime soon. But so far so good for them, and that deserves some major kudos.) and their image (Are they really dropping the seifukus, or is it just for BABY ACTION? And will SCANDAL still be SCANDAL without their seifukus?).

Just my two cents. Feel free to agree or disagree. :P

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 am

Michelle2nd

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://2ndskeet.wordpress.com/
What I really like from them is their versatility.
They're out with various type of songs, but IMO it never really disappoint even though some songs are not just in my liking type.

Perhaps it's less unrelated, but seeing their versatility, they reminds me on Dir en Grey. A Band from 1997 who first born as Visual-Kei. But years after years they've changed a lot. They're no more using Visual-Kei costume, their songs type are changing in every album (they have 8 albums so far), but it never leave the root as 'Rock' band. Yet, with those changes, they never lose their fans. Their fans are even increasing and now they're endlessly touring internationally.
Moreover, their lineup never changed.

It seems funny and maybe I'm wrong... But it's quite the same to be resembled, right?

Seeing the girls can pull up various kind of songs, It will be interesting to see what more they can do..
And it will also pleasant to see them last like 10 years or more as a band.

That's my Opinion, though....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:47 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Hmm seeing the fact their growing up and exploring more than just Rock.... everyone has seemed to gotten better in one way or other.... Their songs are going pretty well. It just takes time to get used to some their songs but overall their going pretty well.... fans are increasing and so is their popularity. Its good to see that their efforts and dreams of be becoming a rock band hasn't gone to waste. But on a bad note.... they seem to be overworking themselves... and they really need to get some good rest... its like... make album, tour, interviews, tv shows.... I dunno but from what I'm seeing, their going on the fast track to exhaustion... but thats just me...
but they seem enjoy what their doing so lets see how they go... Smile

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:22 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Personally what I like is that they have more variety to their songs. The flaw in Best*Scandal was that most songs were very similar (but very good). Temptation Box expanded their style, which is very good.

I also like that they're updating their looks. I knew they would have to do it at some point, and it's good to see that they've apparently decided to do that early, rather than after a potential loss of popularity.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:39 pm

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
what i like about the current SCANDAL is that they are so awesome that i'll never get tired of loving them.. Happy Onion

♥ TARI TARI ♥

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ditto on the versatility.

I really like how SCANDAL can surprise their fans. You never know quite what to expect with each release. I hope they never sell out completely and lose their sense of adventure, musically speaking.

And speaking of music, they are progressing so quickly as musicians and it's awesome to listen to. From Yah Yah Hello SCANDAL to Best SCANDAL to Temptation Box to R Girls and now to Baby Action and all the singles in between, their evolution is very clear.

I can't wait for the new album to come out. It's going to be awesome and I'm sure they are using this to show some new found chops.

We as fans are very lucky to witness them literally growing up in so many ways before our eyes. The most important is they keep having fun and it will come out through their music and we can enjoy the ride together with them too!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well their technical ability is growing, which is good. Don't like their current image, but well as long as they keep producing music...and not have their image overtake them, then I'm happy.

But honestly I think they hit their peak in R-GIRL'S ROCK. That album had the sickest riffs, and Haruna really had to stretch her vocals. It's also their least mainstream album, so to speak.

Other than that, Rina's looking more gorgeous...does that count? xD

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
I hope you're wrong, Pally. If they hit their peak in 2010, a mere 2 years after they went major, it'd be very dissapointing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I love R Girls Rock. I was very surprised by it and I liked how aggressively some of the tracks were set up. Not typical SCANDAL at all.

I agree, that EP has their most technical work so far. But I think they can do better than that. There is room for improvement. I hope BABY ACTION is another step up.

The one thing I can be certain of is that BABY ACTION will have a lot of styles and genres mixed in it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Belz... wrote:I hope you're wrong, Pally. If they hit their peak in 2010, a mere 2 years after they went major, it'd be very dissapointing.

It's pretty much a given honestly. Past a few years, if the band grows to be more and more popular, then it'd be hard for them to release less mainstream material because of the pressure from the recording companies. It's a business after all. I mean, there was a time when AKB48 were actually producing decent songs, now, they're dancing half-naked on stage while singing about loving their teachers or something (Wouldn't know, and I quite honestly don't care)

Not saying that will apply to SCANDAL, but you could see the trend, their songs are generally being more pop, while their B-Sides are way more rock. That's their way of staying grounded I suppose. In terms of technical and vocal ability, their B-sides are generally of higher standard, while the A-sides are more "normal". You really can't improve if you stick to doing the normal things, kind of the same disease that's plaguing YUI right now. Her songs are great, but they're all...similar, in a sense. If it ain't broke, why fix it right? Or rather, if it sells, why change it?

Eitherway, I can't predict the future, all I can do is keep supporting the girls, until whatever time comes that I feel they don't deserve my support anymore. Lord knows when that will happen. For now, I remain a content fan, and will continue to be for a prolonged period of time~

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
I agree with and endorse the poste above. Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:40 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Agree. well you never go wrong with the current SCANDAL just like Paladinoras if their image takes over their music I'll just leave or just listen to their previous music.... The good thing is that so far SCANDAL hasn't gone down grade and started wearing corsets and underwear to attract attention like AKB 48 has in Happy Rotation Facepalm They still know how to play their instruments and getting better at it Peace Onion

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 am

~RHEN~

International Performer
International Performer
The band is just showing how versatile they are, they made lotsa rock song in their indie days, now that they're on the main stream, they should let the fans know that they can do more than just rock, so they do pop songs, but still there are still rock songs included in their singles/albums which is a good thing for fans who loves them rocking..

what i like about them? well, old SCANDAL or the new/current SCANDAL is still SCANDAL nonetheless.. UHUH! so yeah, there's nothing to hate or be disappointed about..

one more thing, Our girls are looking better now than before.. LOVE

I used to think that being LAZY was bad for me.. so i gave up THINKING
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:59 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
its make up darling...... make up makes everyone beautiful than normal... but I don't have to say they look pretty awesome even without it.... another good thing about SCANDAL is that they makes good lyrics that make sense not about partying and getting drunk.... even if its romance its at least better than the pop ones.... and their songs rock even if its not in english ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Huh, that's odd, Bleach. I actually hate make-up. I find women prettier without it, usually.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 am

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Belz... wrote:Huh, that's odd, Bleach. I actually hate make-up. I find women prettier without it, usually.

Make-up can make men look like women. Good looking ones too. I rest my case.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:59 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
That's not much of a case, Pally. You can't argue personal tastes.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

That's a guy. Nuff said?

Just go there for the full "transformation" Urgh...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:29 pm

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love that they they are now composing songs on their own, it´s like they do now what they really want. Love
And I think they are keep getting better technically and they also look awesome.
oh and I love Tomo´s bass Hohoho Onion

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:27 pm

yupyupyup

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think Rina and Mami are getting idol-ish, day by day. You can tell that Rina pays a great deal of attention to her look and how other people perceive her. It also reflects in her intricate autograph. Haruna doesn't pay much very much attention to her outlook except the bit change in new hair style once in a while. I'm not saying that she doesn't care, but she's more a pratical, mature person. Tomomi is an interesting one. Her outlook does not change too dramatically over the years. She's getting prettier, but her personality is always the same. That draws me.

I agree with most of you that their B-side songs seem to be better than the A-side's. The last two singles "Pride" and "Haruka" have been soft. Honestly, on the Pop side, I wish they can do songs like "secret base". I think their cover is way better than ZONE's original. On the girlie rock side, songs like Koshi Tan-tan, Kagerou, SCANDAL Baby... will surely sell CDs and be great for live performing. I mean, can you imagine SCANDAL performing "Cute" live? Silence

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Well, Tomomi has kind of a rebel look.

I disagree about Pride being too soft, though.

And about CUTE!, I can more than imagine it:

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:46 pm

yupyupyup

Caless Student
Caless Student
Belz... wrote:Well, Tomomi has kind of a rebel look.

I disagree about Pride being too soft, though.

And about CUTE!, I can more than imagine it:

Ok, that Mami's drift is cool, but that's not very scandalous of a performance. Even the crowd in that vid might agree with me. It's personal taste, Pride is ok, but I don't see myself listen to it twice in a row.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
I wasn't trying to make an argument, mind you. Just voicing my own opinion.

And yeah, that performance of CUTE! is a bit lacking but it has to do with Haruna having voice problems that evening. I was just showing you a taste of what it might be like live. Happy

Back to top Go down