SCANDAL wearing Yukata while playing their songs
Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 am

saika-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
This is kinda weird, but its amazing to see them wearing yukatas while they play. I wanted to see one, and I can't imagine it. hahahaha Or shall I say, I would like to see them wearing uniforms that is like Yukatas, you get me? hmm, what do you think the best color for them?

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL wearing Yukata while playing their songs
Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:32 am

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
I see what you're talking about Saika! Too bad, realistically, I doubt it would happen.
I think the girls would get too warm and the sleeves might be hassle to perform with.
But it would look pretty cool, looking all traditional and stuff.
As for colors, I think reddish/pink for all 4 or each of them could have individual colors like their ties for shoujo s or like their names in the TaiKimi PV.
Nice One

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:14 am

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Eh, my ex-girlfriend used to wear a yukata, and she had trouble WALKING.

Now imagine 4 girls...dancing around, walking, while playing instruments?

It's basically like trying to dance while strapping yourself to a wrecking ball.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 am

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Hmm, I'm having a nice view in mind, imagining them wearing Yukatas while performing. Haha. But are they allowed to do so? I mean, traditionally speaking. Since it's their national clothing. Confused

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:39 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Paladinoras wrote:Eh, my ex-girlfriend used to wear a yukata, and she had trouble WALKING.

Now imagine 4 girls...dancing around, walking, while playing instruments?

It's basically like trying to dance while strapping yourself to a wrecking ball.

Just Paladinoras said. Its way too uncomfortable to play in. As you know their pretty energetic and playing under spotlights with literally unbreathable matertial their going to die in just afew songs... Maybe they could wear like a shitagi and kosode and hakama.... if want to see them in japanese clothes...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:40 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Lexian wrote:I see what you're talking about Saika! Too bad, realistically, I doubt it would happen.
I think the girls would get too warm and the sleeves might be hassle to perform with.

Nah. Look at my sig for a group with just that look. Hot, sure. But awesome look. There's pictures of SCANDAL with traditional clothing but not during concerts. It'd be very kawaii.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
yea... but you know SCANDAL they gonna get hot quite quickly when their jumping and playing and what not.... maybe for a Japanese new year concert they could.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Again, it's the same thing for Onmyouza. They move and jump quite a bit during their shows, too. And they get quite hot as well. And they've been doing this for 12 years. SCANDAL could do it, too. Of course, it's not their style but, as far as the OP is concerned, it would be nice to see it once.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Its probably not Scandal's style... their suppose to be modern and cute girls I guess...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:24 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Now that it's been mentioned, I would also like to see them do some lives in the traditional clothes, maybe with some modern twist. It's just for fun. Once in a life time experience for them too LOL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 am

Jerec

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Tokyo Jihen (prior to their formation as an official band) did a show in traditional clothes for the Electric Mole DVD.

Needless to say, most of the band had to wear things loosely to be able to play, especially the drummer. Only Shina Ringo, who didn't have to do so much moving, was doing things properly.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Sure why not. I wonder if they'd agree to do such a thing though... just for the fans!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's going to practically be torture for those girls if they try to perform in yukatas. Onmyouza has male members, Tokyo Jihen has male members, SCANDAL is a full-on girl-band and female yukatas are much more intricate than their male counterparts. I really can't see Rina being able to drum, wearing a yukata, unless if she wears it really loosely, and that would defeat the purpose of using it in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:55 pm

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
true true...but yukatas are suppose to be for summer so it shouldn't be too bad... Rina should wear a hakama and Mami, Tomo, Haru could wear yukatas hehe Clap I'd love to see them perform in that.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Paladinoras wrote:It's going to practically be torture for those girls if they try to perform in yukatas. Onmyouza has male members, Tokyo Jihen has male members, SCANDAL is a full-on girl-band and female yukatas are much more intricate than their male counterparts. I really can't see Rina being able to drum, wearing a yukata, unless if she wears it really loosely, and that would defeat the purpose of using it in the first place.

Onmyouza has male members but a female member as well. And she isn't shy about running around at full speed. Tongue They also do have pants for those.

I agree it isn't their style but I'd like to see it if only once.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Belz... wrote:
Paladinoras wrote:It's going to practically be torture for those girls if they try to perform in yukatas. Onmyouza has male members, Tokyo Jihen has male members, SCANDAL is a full-on girl-band and female yukatas are much more intricate than their male counterparts. I really can't see Rina being able to drum, wearing a yukata, unless if she wears it really loosely, and that would defeat the purpose of using it in the first place.

Onmyouza has male members but a female member as well. And she isn't shy about running around at full speed. Tongue They also do have pants for those.

I agree it isn't their style but I'd like to see it if only once.

Well, yea, but if you're using pants, it beats the purpose of doing it in the first place, as I said lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
No I mean traditional pants. Those that go with kimonos. The full Yukata wouldn't be very practical. Look:

Look at my sig to see what I mean by "pants".

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 am

chesterljh

Caless Student
Caless Student
they will look like those girls who played in K-ON live event...hahas

Singapore people...contact me at 98459362
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I just found out the picture above is actually kimono. Yukatas are made out of cotton and are only one layer (please correct) and you wear thongs with no socks... So they could.. but they can't run or be terribly active their only restricted to walking at a normal pace. Rina can't possibly play drums... she can't even split her legs open... Dance Unless she wears like a guys kimono but that would just look weird... >_>

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Again: some of those kimonos for girls (I don't know how they're called) have separated legs so it would be okay. Happy I just don't have a picture of that except in my sig, right now. I could go through one of my Onmyouza DVD and screen-cap it, however.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:32 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Yea well there is split one but thats not normally worn by women these days?? That one in your pic is a hakama from what I understand theres a womens one and mens one and thats totally different from a yukata....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:40 am

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^

The one in your sig is not wearing a yukata lol. I can't say for sure about Onmyouza's lives, considering I don't listen to them, but if they wear the things in your sig, then it's not really a yukata. They're "miko" uniforms. Mikos are you know, those female Japanese priests you can find in shrines chanting prayers and such. It provides much more mobility.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
No, I know it's not a yukata. Sorry for the confusion. And thanks for the information.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Hehe now case cleared.... yes like Paladinoras said its a girl priestess uniform not yukata..... hmm... Rina could wear that ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 pm

aluxz

Caless Student
Caless Student
it would be nice to see them wear yukata when they perform... but it would be not comfortable when they dance and move....

Back to top Go down