Re: What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you?
Posted on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:39 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Belz... wrote:
rock_chick wrote:at first i didn't like Ring Ring Ring and Hi-Hi-Hi

Admit it: You don't like songs that repeat the same word three times.

lol i don't think so?
with Hi-Hi-Hi i don't like the Hi-Hi-Hi in the intro . i find it annoying. but i like the chorus. just have to bear with the intro. and with Ring Ring Ring i hate the "nanana" part but it's pretty alright once mami starts singing

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ I hated Ring Ring Ring too...weakest song in the BEST SCANDAL album IMO. Now I can somewhat tolerate it, back then I had no idea who was singing, so I was like "This can't be Haruna! Who is this..Rina? Mami? Tomo?"

Of course, I figured it out after I listened to their other songs, and I somewhat enjoy Ring Ring Ring now, although it's still my least favourite song of BEST SCANDAL. I guess I didn't like it back then simply because I wasn't used to Mami's voice. =/

I do find the "nanana" part cute though xD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:19 am

Aiur

International Performer
International Performer
I didn't really like Hitotsu Dake and Natsu Neiro the first time I listened to it but my ears are starting to like it.

Yumemiru Koro Wo Sugite Mo - hmm...

From what I've read in the previous posts, watching the PV and hearing it live really makes a difference. XD
There are songs that are really not enjoy to listen to without watching the PV. IMO

Everyone's a critic. lol

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 am

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
For me I didn't like Shoujo M that much. But seeing MAMI sing it live totally changed my opinion. Also I don't really like Natsu Neiro and So Easy that much. I can listen to them, but I won't purposely play them.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 am

Squall

Caless Student
Caless Student
I still don't like Houkago 1H that much. I can listen to it but I usually skip it. Also Shoujo M was a bit weird, but it grew on me over time.

SCANDAL [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 am

Rinaland

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mmm... hard to say, but Haruka I think

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:09 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
@Squall: but... but... Tomo has such a cute chipmunk voice on that one !!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I'd agree on Love Survive. When I first heard it I was nup SCANDAL's losing it... I think its because of Tomo's high pitch voice and tune of it.... just sounded too generically girly even though there was hard core riffs and what not.

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
I agree with Bleach on Love Survive. I'm sure it'll grow on me soon (well, soon after I get my copy of Baby Action, that is).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 pm

HaruhoKaisser

International Performer
International Performer
For me.. LOVE SURVIVE. I don't know why, the first time I listened to it, I was like "Nice, it's rock, but something's not quite good" or something like that.
But after a while, somehow I wanted to listen to it again and well I pretty like it now LOL!

And hmm, Namida no Regret maybe? I don't really like sad songs, especially after listening to high-spirited songs Tongue But now I can tolerate it and ya the song's okay for me now

The President of The Avatarless Clan, back in action!! *insert some cool-looking pose here* xD
----------

United by the love for SCANDAL~
----------
damatte0924 : Ed, I wanna go back to being the old Lexy Darla, I don't want hair!! especially long and lavishing straight hair from a shampoo commercial D<
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:51 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer

For me "Tokyo" because I thought at first it was really silly !

But then I realized it gave them a chance to fool about and we get to see and hear Rina for once !

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:56 am

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
secret base took quite a while because i wasn't used to their slower songs, but now i listen to it on a regular basis

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 pm

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
I have to say all the songs before the major debut XD
I never fall in love the first times I heard a "old song" when I listen to a "more recent song" XD I don't know how to say this sorry!
(but now I love them to of course. there aren't scandal song who still I don't like actually)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ♪♪ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ♪♪ my english sucks (´∀`)♥
avatar+signature by me, respect it please ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:

For me "Tokyo" because I thought at first it was really silly !

But then I realized it gave them a chance to fool about and we get to see and hear Rina for once !
I quite like Tokyo and its even better when they did it live and they were dancing and Mami was doing arousing poses at the start.

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 am

Hikari

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sorry but almost all the songs in their R-Girl's Rock Album (except for Secret Base) took some for me to appreciate... heck, took some time before I could listen to them again after I first listened to it! Oh wait... I think I only listened to the first two songs before I completely stopped listening to it. The music... or rather, I couldn't really fit in with the music... Then there's the cover (the drawing)... it was cute... but not really my thing. I also didn't like the long intros. Basically, I seriously didn't like it (at first)... I sticked to listening to Temptation Box. Then, after weeks and weeks (yes weeks!) I thought that maybe I'd give myself a chance to listen to R-Girl's Rock and hopefully start to appreciate it. And I did... ;P Before, none of its songs were part of my playlist. Now, they are cause I don't mind anymore... But at times, at still don't like listening to some of that album's songs and skip to the next (still SCANDAL) song.
Wew

Hi
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:38 am

GROLEM11

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah that tends to happen with alot of songs. at first secret base didnt really catch my ears,but the 2nd time i listened to it i loved it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 am

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Haruka took me a bit to actually like. The first time I heard it there was just something about it that didn't quite impress me like their other songs. No idea what. It took me a few listens to actually warm up to it and now I love it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 am

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's Shoujo M.
Actually, I didn't like this song until I watched Shoujo M performance from their ESY-tour. And after that it became one of my favourite their songs ^ ^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 am

FaizIkari

Caless Student
Caless Student
Pride,because it sound kinda low quality...The treble is to much and it hurt my ear...But the PV save it...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:32 am

boonlenglbl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
lol, i got addicted to Nanka Buttobase & Love Survive on first 'sight' ..
totally to my liking !

As for which song did i had difficulty favouriting...

I would say Doll Silence
no idea why i didnt like it at first though, but after grinding it everyday in school, kinda became a 'standard' song in me

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:57 am

HaRinax

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well for me its none

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:47 pm

bulanchai

Caless Student
Caless Student
for me, Hikare, it tooks more time
but finally i like it, a bit

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:55 am

ganstream1

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ariefzainal.com
SCAButto

it sounds weird the first time

"With ticket, it took us 5 minutes to get from Shiroten to Osaka Jyo-Hall. But for SCANDAL, it took them 6 years."
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:15 am

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Tokyo SkyScrapers....i was honestly baffled when i 1st heard it, partly cos i didnt understand all of it..but looking at the lyrics confused even further so i jux decided to listen and after some time, i liked it Balloon

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:39 am

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
for me it's Ring! Ring! Ring! .... i dunno about it too, it took me like a hundred replays for the song to actually sink in. XD

~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down