You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you?
Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Mr.Aries

Mr.Aries

International Performer
International Performer
At first, I didn't like Space Ranger and Koi Moyou too much.I've even need about 2-3 months to like it. But now, both of them become my favorite song as well ( I liked all of SCANDAL song though, so I didn't really have any favorite song)

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Rvx4lg
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:46 am

MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I didn't like Kill the Virgin but now it sounds better to me... I also liked Shoujo S but didn't like how upbeat it was, but I don't know why I thought that- I really like it now ^-^

Last edited by MamiSoul on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:59 am

harunafanXD~

harunafanXD~

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
To be honest i didn't really like Shunkan Sentimental and Shoujo S when i first heard it, even after listening to it a couple of times after that, but i like them now though .uhuh.

LOVE SURVIVE was actually the first SCANDAL song that i immediately obsessed about when i first heard it... it sounded really awesome

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 am

HarunaGuy

HarunaGuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
Pinheel Surfer - I think the PV threw me off when I first saw it. But having said that I love it, theres not another Scandal song like it Happy

LOVE What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Scanda13LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Jay_Waffle

Jay_Waffle

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It would be Haruka for me. I thought it was to poppy. At that time, I was still new to Scandal and the songs I knew were mostly garage rock so I wasn't really used to the extra instruments they always insert into their songs.  When I first heard Haruka, i thought the intro was okay but when it came to the keyboard part i was like WHOOAAA wat. I didn't really complete the song. But gradually I came to like it. Although I'm not too fond of the 'ho ha hi ho' part at the end of the song.

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Img_9112

HIMETAN BEAM

SCANDAL
NOGIZAKA46 · SAKURA GAKUIN · BABYMETAL
BiSH · 日向坂46 · 欅坂46
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:38 am

lovely_tine26Love

lovely_tine26Love

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
BITTER CHOCHOLATE AND AWANAI TSUMORI NO GENKI DENE<3 now, my favorites.xD

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Tomo-chan-tomomi-ogawa-22546509-320-192
--*TinLOVESSCANDAL<3   >c<CANTA Love
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Don't know why, but i don't like KAgerou,,,, The only SCANDAL song that i don't like  :|

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:30 pm

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Before I became a serious SCANDAL fan, there are lots of SCANDAL songs that I don't really like. Even the first song that I heard from them, which is Shoujo S, was not that impressive in my ears from the first time I listened to it. Maybe it was too rockish for my tastes that time (but now that I watched the PV again, I have really come to like it very much). But still for unknown reasons, I still did a background check on them. And to this day, I don't know what I was thinking back then, but I looked up for their PVs in YouTube, then found SAKURA Goodbye and Koi Moyou, and I really like both songs at first listen.

Then due to more boredom and curiosity (well, mostly boredom), I looked for their albums (I also have no idea about singles, so the B-sides were unfortunately not given a chance to be heard). At that time, they only had 2 studio albums, which is of course BEST SCANDAL and TEMPTATION BOX. I skipped all the songs in BEST SCANDAL aside from the ones I know. I didn't like the songs especially SCANDAL BABY, Kagerou, Space Ranger and DOLL. For TEMPTATION BOX, I did the same thing. I skipped all the songs except for Aitai and Sayonara My Friend. I have to say that looking back now, I really had a very bad start with SCANDAL. .sweat. 

After I lost all my data about SCANDAL because my first laptop got stolen, unfortunately, it took almost a year until I sought to look them up again.

Once again, I didn't like SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase, LOVE SURVIVE, and the majority of their BABY ACTION album, and the only ones I like were GLAMOROUS YOU, Sono toki sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain, Haruka and one piece.

To sum it up, almost all of their songs took time to grow on me, especially before I became a serious fan and got accustomed to their music. Even when I decided to be their fan, there are still a lot of songs that took time to grow on me, especially the B-sides. My goodness... How did I became a fan of this band when only a few of their songs impressed me? There's no concrete reason really. Maybe because of their Don't say Lazy cover I guess. I really like K-ON. But I don't like the ending song of the first season, Don't say Lazy. Ironic, isn't it? But how they did it made an impact, and I like their version of the song more. And maybe because of their live versions of the songs. Most of the time, the live version is better than the recorded version.

Sorry for the very long post, but yeah, SCANDAL in the end was able to reach me, and it was worth it. Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:22 am

raddom

raddom

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I must confess that at the begining I hated Kimi to mirai to kazen douki, but now I can not live without it. .toj.

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 86543010
LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:58 am

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Space Ranger! I first saw it in live performance video and didn't like it (I didn't know that time that it was there debut single). Then I saw the PV and saw there youthful beauty...LOVE

Yumemiru Tsubasa too.. That time, I'm just a newbie fan and every PV I gathered was just mindblowing me like Shunkan, TaiKimi, Cute! etc... It's a little below there standard is my first impression about it.. I just learned to love it more upon listening it everyday..

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:47 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Took a while to get used to songs like Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY and Beauteen! but now I'm so addicted to them. It just gives you such a fun and light mood. Also, most of their songs from their Encore Album XD But of course, they definitely grew on me and now I rock to them to heheh

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 6:24 am

rachel_snsd48

rachel_snsd48

Caless Student
Caless Student
Shunkan Sentimental. I listened to it once and didn't like it so I didn't listen to it after. Then a lot of people said it was their favourite SCANDAL song so I tried it again and now I love it.

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 HXANjwi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:05 pm

furuba9000

furuba9000

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://candibunni09.tumblr.com/
Confession Time:

SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase, Welcome Home, Aitai, LOVE SURVIVE, Shunkan Sentimental, and Awanai had to grow on me! Actually, they still are!  .omg. I don't hate them, but most of the time I just skip them! Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:23 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Don't really like 恋模様 「Koi Moyō」, I'm afraid. The only thing that's OK with Koi is the chorus but the riff... is like oh. my. god.  CANTA Walk 

Pin Heel Surfer took a while, and I'm not there yet with Kimi to Mirai.

Gomen, minna! ^^

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:40 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
At first, I couldn't stand Playboy. I thought it was noisy and repetitive. Then I listened to it again and I started to think it was a bit catchy but still would try to avoid it. Now, it's one of my top five favorite songs and I almost have it memorized.

Two songs that I can think of at the moment that I still don't really like and skip when they play are BURN and GIRLism. I just can't get into them, lol.

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Ban10
またねとおおきくてをふって、さよならじゃないことたしかめた。
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:06 am

Jenjen

Jenjen

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't like most of their songs in SCANDAL BEST at first specially Kagerou & Space Ranger because of the weird start that's why I didn't like it  .pinch. 

but when I heard the chorus of those songs, I didn't notice that I've been playing those songs for a few times on my phone for a long time .love. 

I guess, I just didn't like some of their songs because I don't listen to it much often .cool. 
(a few years ago)

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 J8nmn412
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Ariyan

Ariyan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
When i first heard HARUKAZE i thought Haru's voice is too deep, is just... ugly. But later i started listen scandal's songs often and then her voice was so unique and nice for me. Now HARUKAZE is one of my favorite songs. 
LOVE SURVIVE sounded terrible at the beginning but now i really like it. Haru's and Timo's voices <3 
I still don't like Shoujo M. It's just weird, i can't explain it.

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Picmon13
HaruxTomo
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
mine has to be Shining Sun and Kagerou. I slap an album in, let it play, do something else and let the album play and suddenly when I like the tune I'm hearing that I don't know i look at the tracklist and I was like.. nice~ applies to a lot of songs. xD

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:16 pm

tacoyakinouta17

tacoyakinouta17

Caless Student
Caless Student
There are a lot of Scandal's songs I didn't like the first time especially their first songs (Shoujo S, Doll, Kagerou...) But now I love Shoujo S and Doll, I think it's because of all the lives I watched ^^.

I still don't like Playboy, Pinheel Surfer, Brand new wave...I wait the live version :D

Everybody say yeah was the one I disliked the most I think, and I don't like to listen to it now but in live it's just awesome!

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Gigswa13
"there is no life without music"
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:10 pm

BrokenByDefault

BrokenByDefault

Caless Student
Caless Student
For me, it was actually majority of Temptation Box. Not that I thought it was a bad album, but I purchased the first three albums at the same time, so I didn't really pay any much attention to it because I really loved Best Scandal and Baby Action. But after hearing a lot of the songs live, especially Aitai, and Taiyou to Kimi no Egaku Story, I've grown to love it.

Songs I still skip, though, are Shunkan Sentimental, Rock'n Roll, and OVERDRIVE.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Milkybarr123

Milkybarr123

Caless Student
Caless Student
Love Survive 

tbh its one of the first songs i heard from scandal but i disliked tomomoi's voice then it gradually began to grow on me and i fell in love with her voice and this song its just soooooooooooooo  LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 am

sequoia

sequoia

Caless Student
Caless Student
Haruka.  I think I listened to it when I had first found out about SCANDAL, and I didn't really get into the band at the time because of it.  I thought it was kind of boring, and didn't bother looking at any more SCANDAL songs after it.

But now listening to it again, I can't see how I found it boring at the time! I love the beautiful instrumentals, and Haruna and Tomomi's voices, and how calming it is.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:51 am

mumu

mumu

Caless Student
Caless Student
i don't really like Playboy song and natsu neiro . i'm trying to like but i can't . everytime i shuffle the music i always skip that song . .stars.

"Queens don't reach the top just by being cute" - Queens are Trumps
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:03 pm

acquy1311

acquy1311

Caless Student
Caless Student
Harukaze, Runners High, Scandal Baby, Rock'n Roll, Shunkan Sentimental, Right Here, Depature , I can listen to it all day  CANTA Thumbs

What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you? - Page 4 Scandal-20130503
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Bankai_Mami

Bankai_Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
A lot acutally. The first one I heard was Shunkan Sentimental and I loved it instantly but when I looked them up I was like "None of their other songs are as good, humph". But I'll brush over that phase cos it didn't last long.

The biggest one for me is probably Yumemiru Tsubasa. I really did hate that song rather irrationally. Actually, no my reason was that they said the same thing too many times. But then one day I was learning some Japanese vocab and the word "tsubasa" meaning wings came up and that song just came ringing out in my head and I jumped up and ran around my room with my arms spread out like a toddler prentending to be an aeroplane screaming "YUME MIRU TSUBASA NI NOTTE" and I have loved it ever since.
.clap.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.