Go down

Nintendo 3DS or PSP? [Page 1 of 1]

Nintendo 3DS or PSP?
Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:01 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Going to get one of these 2, in case the 3DS is too expensive I will only get the DSi, so, thoughts on why or why not should I choose any of these?

It will be:

3DS vs PSP

or

DSi vs PSP

Please describe pros and cons, ty

Nintendo 3DS or PSP? Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Re: Nintendo 3DS or PSP?
Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:08 am

Cryptor

Cryptor

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cryptor1/
I only can give you the Pros and Cons from a DSi XL because i got one ^^

DSi XL :

Pros :

+ bigger Screens
+ U can play 6 hours without reloading your battery
+ backward compatible
+ a good sound
+ touchscreen and 2 pens included
+ available in 5 colors i think ( White , Black , Purple , light blue and red )
+ W-LAN ( 802.11 b/g )
+ u can connect a Stereo Headphone
+ easy handling
+ SD Card Slot ( for pictures and music )

Contra :

- same resolution as the normal Nintendo DS
- no flash video support ( you can´t watch videos on youtube for example )
- too many reflections on both screens
- no MP3 support
- no video support ( ? )

hmm i hope that helps a lil bit . . . in future i wait for the new PSP Vita :D

Nintendo 3DS or PSP? 76561198015702407
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:15 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
What in the world?! You should have tried them out this past weekend! My sister and I both brought the PSP and 3DS to kill time in line... HA HA! But yeah...

The 3DS can switch back and forth between 3D mode and Standard mode, so it's the flick of a switch if your eyes start to hurt...

Graphics... GRAPHICS ARE FUGGIN AWESOME!!! I don't know how far it can go or how great the hardware is, but it was running Resident Evil 5 graphics on it pretty smoothly, and keep in mind that RE5 was made for the 360 and PS3...

The 3D part is amazing! Like the hardware though, I don't know if the current models will have any bugs, but it REALLY DOES 3D!!!

The unit itself is a bit bigger, which is good for me since the original DS was too small for my hands, but the best feature is the addition of an analog pad (FINALLY!)... It's concaved instead of convexed, so it grooves easily into your thumb...

The PSP is just what it was as the previous models... Strong, reliable, and never lets you down... What you should be waiting for is the NGP, Next Generation Portable, that's replacing the PSP...

The only major difference in that is a second analog for the right thumb, so it's just like using a dualshock controller...

Graphics and all that other jazz, I shouldn't have to mention...

It depends on what you want to use your system for... I haven't fiddled around with the 3DS much yet to see what it's really capable of, but I think both of the units is a buy... Although I'd say wait for a price drop on the 3DS unless if you REALLY need one...

Nintendo 3DS or PSP? Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
bigOeyez wrote:What in the world?! You should have tried them out this past weekend! My sister and I both brought the PSP and 3DS to kill time in line... HA HA! But yeah...

The 3DS can switch back and forth between 3D mode and Standard mode, so it's the flick of a switch if your eyes start to hurt...

Graphics... GRAPHICS ARE FUGGIN AWESOME!!! I don't know how far it can go or how great the hardware is, but it was running Resident Evil 5 graphics on it pretty smoothly, and keep in mind that RE5 was made for the 360 and PS3...

The 3D part is amazing! Like the hardware though, I don't know if the current models will have any bugs, but it REALLY DOES 3D!!!

The unit itself is a bit bigger, which is good for me since the original DS was too small for my hands, but the best feature is the addition of an analog pad (FINALLY!)... It's concaved instead of convexed, so it grooves easily into your thumb...

The PSP is just what it was as the previous models... Strong, reliable, and never lets you down... What you should be waiting for is the NGP, Next Generation Portable, that's replacing the PSP...

The only major difference in that is a second analog for the right thumb, so it's just like using a dualshock controller...

Graphics and all that other jazz, I shouldn't have to mention...

It depends on what you want to use your system for... I haven't fiddled around with the 3DS much yet to see what it's really capable of, but I think both of the units is a buy... Although I'd say wait for a price drop on the 3DS unless if you REALLY need one...

Oooooh allright, too bad I didnt get to test the PSP at the con, I have tested the 3DS but only games related, the 3D is really nice and you can turn it off by switching the thing off, really easy. I've always disliked portable gaming devices due to the fact that you gotta carry it around or the fact that I rather stay home most of the time I guess.. will have to make a decision and see if I even buy any of the 2. Thanks for the help guys

Nintendo 3DS or PSP? Slide-13
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.