Why do you and/or don't you like Nanka Buttobase?
Posted on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:00 pm

avrilsakura_05

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i have noticed in the other trends that others were talking about how Nanka Buttobase appeals to them. some were saying that they don't like the song or the pv or both. others were having the opposite thoughts.

and so, why don't we have a separate discussion about it? tell us why you do and/or don't like Nanka Buttobase so much. and please defend your answer. you should explain your stand so we wouldn't misunderstand you.

here's my opinion:

i really liked Nanka Buttobase the first time i heard it. and actually, i learned the song when i watched its pv.
i think the melody is awesome, esp. mami's riffs. the pv is so much fun. i like the choreography very much. it's very lively and has hands and feet movements. i also liked how the girls' voices were used equally in the song.
however, when i read the translation, i didn't really get the meaning of the song... i don't know if the translation is just not good...

so there, please share your thoughts as well!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Avrilsakura_05~
SCANDAL_Haruna-sama
Back to top Go down

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
for me, i'm not much of a fan of it, mostly because they didn't write it; the music and the lyrics. And for me, it just doesn't feel like it belongs to them. like every time they introduce the song on a t.v. show they always have to say that its written and composed by these two famous song writers. i don't know, thats my opinion, i just prefer musicians write their own music.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
First off, in their defense, it's not exactly "their" song. They were simply doing the best they can with the composition that was given to them. And, IMO, they did just that -- their absolute best.

For me, I don't see anything wrong with "SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase" musically. It's one of their heavier rock songs to date, and it showed how far they've come in terms of their sound. It seemed to me that this release served as sort of a precursor to "R-Girls' Rock", which I think really showed their growth as a band. And so I find the two to be "complementary" to each other in a way.

I think much of the negative discussion stems from the PV, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I could pick out the top two reasons why the PV didn't work out for some of us: (1) there was too much dancing, and (2) the concept was a little off. I agree about the dancing; it was more than the "average" amount that they normally do, and we weren't exactly used to seeing that much dancing from them. As for the concept, well, the song did talk about "love", "lies", "fighting" and "not going to turn my back", among other things. It sounded aggresive. And I guess that's what they were hinting at in the PV, that they were gonna fight those guys off. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] really were a big help in understanding the whole concept.

That's just me... But all in all, "SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase" ain't entirely bad. :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do you and/or don't you like Nanka Buttobase?
Posted on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:14 am

avrilsakura_05

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@kylelaluces thanks for the link on Nanka lyrics and translations.. now i understand the meaning of the song..

for the topic, i am asking about what you guys think about everything in Scandal Nanka Buttobase. the song, melody, lyrics, as well as the pv.

oh, i forgot to mention that i also liked the Scandal uniform in this song's pv. i actually like it better than the one in Haruka. it's more stylish and cool.. i also agree that the song is one of their 'more rockish songs'. however, as StealthAstoria said, i would like it more if they were the ones who composed it. i prefer artists who write their own song. but they write most of their songs, anyway, so they're still cool!

Nice One

~Avrilsakura_05~
SCANDAL_Haruna-sama
Back to top Go down

Squall

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've read a lot of people complaining about Nanka, not fitting in BA and stuff. Yes, it might not fit because IMO most of BA songs are like punk or some sort of soft rock and Nanka is heavier.

In the PV, I do not like all that men around the girls, but aside from that, the video is nice. About the dancing... come on, they are girls! I actually think some of the moves in this video are sexy (yeah I'm a guy).

As for the song, it's one of my favorites. I really like the sound of the guitar, it's definitely one of their most rockish songs. Listening to the instrumental version you can really tell of their improvement from previous songs at that time.

SCANDAL [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I like this song. I like the PV as well. So and the lyrics, one of my favorites. Plus there's something really attracting in their looks in this PV. And this song is definitely one of their best instrumentals.

I wish I could see more songs like Nanka. I mean badass girls, that's hot <3
And I think most people have problems because they were used to seeing SCANDAL as cute and innocent and in this song they are surely not.

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒ DeviantART ♒ Tumblr ♒ MyAnimeList ♒ Last.fm 

♒ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i like the song and the PV. i think people forget that the members of SCANDAL were dancers before they were a band. it's nice to see them do something else they love doing too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 am

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really like this song! Actually it is one of my favourite songs from them. As far as I remember I noticed it from the first listen. Well, what I like about it?
The very beginning of the song instantly tells us: "This song is going to be really powerfull!". Some riffs are kinda heavy and the transitions are really awesome! This song like energetic flow that rapidly sweeps through you, making you fell refreshed.
The lyrics, in my opinion, don't have some great idea (only a bit, lol), they just fit the song musically. And I like it. All this creates really epic atmosphere!
What about PV... I personally thnk it isn't bad. Of course I agree with those who states that there wasn't any deep storyline. But I think this is not a drawback, because I found this PV as energetic as the song. The choreo is interesting (it fits the music at least) and color sheme of the video generally is really nice. Moreover I like girls' uniform for this single ^ ^''
So that's what I think..
PS: Sorry if it is hard to understand. My english sux :D

Back to top Go down