Go down

Re: Sydney SCANDAL-HEAVEN members
Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
ShizukaSakura wrote:I keep forgetting to come here. ~____~
I'm not if I can go, the week coming is booked up already which I want to leave the weekends to rest up for uni. ><

Whaaa has uni started for you already??
So early .wtf.

Please check out my ongoing project: Fender Stratocaster SSS "Mami Model"
IT'S GOING TO LOOK AWESOME!!!

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 am

ShizukaSakura

ShizukaSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
On the 25th I start!

instagram: shizukachuu
one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 am

TomomiSlapThatBass

TomomiSlapThatBass

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://tomomi-slap-that-bass.tumblr.com
WaffleDino wrote:
TomomiSlapThatBass wrote:I don't know if I can make it, I'm very interested though. I just keep getting busier and busier as time creeps closer towards uni, so I should just sit out on this one :/

That music club thing at UNSW, I'm interested in that too! I would have nothing worthwhile to contribute though Tongue
Perhaps once it has started I can get lessons, I have never had a teacher before and I always learn more if someone is poking me with a stick. Who knows maybe I could help out if there's a bbq or something :/

D: Uni hasn't started yet though. If you can't make it then that's unfortunate but I'll try to keep us Sydneysiders in touch with each other outside of the forum.

I'm sure you'll have something to contribute to the club. While it's true that we'll have teachers in the club, I believe that no single person is an expert at everything so I think everyone will be able to learn something from each other. Our music theory teacher just graduated from The Conservatorium and is very good at theory and piano but a total noob when it comes to guitar.
Likewise with myself, I'm not the best at guitar and theory but I'm really good at guitar workshopping.

AND YOU GO TO UNSW?!?!

@MamiFTW!
In that case I think the weekends will be a good idea.
The 16th Tanya says she can't make it (myself also) and I also think that the 17th will be too short of a notice for everyone since some people don't check SH daily.
I'm not sure when Tanya is leaving for Japan though she says around the end of the month. The next weekends will be the 23rd and 24th. How does that sound for everyone?

Well that's what I need, help with theory!!! and I also want to learn all of workshop stuff!!! So maybe you can help. I was watching the guitar tech get my new bass ready today and I was thinking to myself "I wish I knew how to do all of this by myself". Plus I intend on buying an SX bass in the future and modifying it, so I need the necessary skills and knowledge.
and yes I go to UNSW, I'm in my third year studying Criminology & Criminal Justice Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:43 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
ShizukaSakura wrote:I keep forgetting to come here. ~____~
I'm not if I can go, the week coming is booked up already which I want to leave the weekends to rest up for uni. ><

O_O You have a five day timetable?!

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
TomomiSlapThatBass wrote:

Well that's what I need, help with theory!!! and I also want to learn all of workshop stuff!!! So maybe you can help. I was watching the guitar tech get my new bass ready today and I was thinking to myself "I wish I knew how to do all of this by myself". Plus I intend on buying an SX bass in the future and modifying it, so I need the necessary skills and knowledge.
and yes I go to UNSW, I'm in my third year studying Criminology & Criminal Justice Tongue

Haha why not a Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass! I could paint your white racing stripe .clap.
If you're a third year then we should be about the same age too. 1992?
Although I'll be a first year this year having spent two years studying at film and animation college beforehand. Even though we won't get the club up and running until next year, I'll be glad to help you anytime on campus. Who knows, I might be able to teach you enough so when next year comes around, you can help us out with teaching too, we'll always need people to help.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:11 pm

TomomiSlapThatBass

TomomiSlapThatBass

Caless Student
Caless Student
WaffleDino wrote:

Haha why not a Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass! I could paint your white racing stripe .clap.
If you're a third year then we should be about the same age too. 1992?
Although I'll be a first year this year having spent two years studying at film and animation college beforehand. Even though we won't get the club up and running until next year, I'll be glad to help you anytime on campus. Who knows, I might be able to teach you enough so when next year comes around, you can help us out with teaching too, we'll always need people to help.

Ok, first thing, I am going to buy a candy apple jazz bass just like tomomi's at the end of this year. I intend on changing the pickguard and I guess it would be awesome if you painted the stripes! I will probably change the strings because fender stock strings sound dull after a week, I want an SX bass because I intend on changing nearly everything on it Tongue
Yes, I was born in 1992, yay we both turn 21 this year! Lol I will probably earn enough money from my party to buy us all a nice bass Tongue This is my actually my last year of criminology but next year I am looking into either doing law or extending my crim degree, maybe both. So I should still be around UNSW to help out with the club Happy

On an unrelated note, if SCANDAL had to perform anywhere in Sydney, it should definitely be at the Roundhouse @ UNSW. It is ideal because it is not only a nice intimate space, a lot of international students from all over Asia and Europe go to UNSW so it would be easy to attract attention. Plus it would be part of my daily routine Tongue
That's just a thought, just in case we want to try to get SCANDAL over here some time in the future Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:04 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student

Ok, first thing, I am going to buy a candy apple jazz bass just like tomomi's at the end of this year. I intend on changing the pickguard and I guess it would be awesome if you painted the stripes! I will probably change the strings because fender stock strings sound dull after a week, I want an SX bass because I intend on changing nearly everything on it Tongue
Yes, I was born in 1992, yay we both turn 21 this year! Lol I will probably earn enough money from my party to buy us all a nice bass Tongue This is my actually my last year of criminology but next year I am looking into either doing law or extending my crim degree, maybe both. So I should still be around UNSW to help out with the club Happy

On an unrelated note, if SCANDAL had to perform anywhere in Sydney, it should definitely be at the Roundhouse @ UNSW. It is ideal because it is not only a nice intimate space, a lot of international students from all over Asia and Europe go to UNSW so it would be easy to attract attention. Plus it would be part of my daily routine Tongue
That's just a thought, just in case we want to try to get SCANDAL over here some time in the future Tongue

Tomo's candy apple red is a pretty easy guitar to customise, just white racing stripes and black pearl pickguard. Though I'm not sure if all Deluxe Jazz Basses come with active pickups so that'll be a nice project if we ever need to install them.

I think many bands do have the potential to perform here but it's just that the record labels or the touring companies/whoever they are don't think that they can make much money here due to the comparatively small fanbase we have in Australia.

For example, KPopAustralia managed to get Jay Park to do some shows in Melbourne and Sydney but that was only because KPA managed to advertise and rally enough support for a sellout event (for both), a mighty hard task. So I think if we're ever going to have a chance to get Scandal to perform in Sydney, it'll require a LOT of work, something that we undergrads simply can't achieve on our own (KPA is an actual company with full time workers)

But on the positive side, if Scandal ever perform at Roundhouse, hopefully it'll be partly due to the efforts of our club. And that'll be my chance to get Mami to sign my Strat .dies.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:20 am

TomomiSlapThatBass

TomomiSlapThatBass

Caless Student
Caless Student
Fender seems to be producing a lot of deluxe active basses nowadays so I shouldn't have difficulty getting one, in fact I saw a candy apple active jazz at the store where I got my new bass from yesterday Tongue

SCANDAL will probably never come to Sydney Tongue I just figured that should be the venue where they perform Tongue
What kind of strat do you have?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
WaffleDino wrote:
TomomiSlapThatBass wrote:I don't know if I can make it, I'm very interested though. I just keep getting busier and busier as time creeps closer towards uni, so I should just sit out on this one :/

That music club thing at UNSW, I'm interested in that too! I would have nothing worthwhile to contribute though Tongue
Perhaps once it has started I can get lessons, I have never had a teacher before and I always learn more if someone is poking me with a stick. Who knows maybe I could help out if there's a bbq or something :/

D: Uni hasn't started yet though. If you can't make it then that's unfortunate but I'll try to keep us Sydneysiders in touch with each other outside of the forum.

I'm sure you'll have something to contribute to the club. While it's true that we'll have teachers in the club, I believe that no single person is an expert at everything so I think everyone will be able to learn something from each other. Our music theory teacher just graduated from The Conservatorium and is very good at theory and piano but a total noob when it comes to guitar.
Likewise with myself, I'm not the best at guitar and theory but I'm really good at guitar workshopping.

AND YOU GO TO UNSW?!?!

@MamiFTW!
In that case I think the weekends will be a good idea.
The 16th Tanya says she can't make it (myself also) and I also think that the 17th will be too short of a notice for everyone since some people don't check SH daily.
I'm not sure when Tanya is leaving for Japan though she says around the end of the month. The next weekends will be the 23rd and 24th. How does that sound for everyone?

@WaffleDino
Sure, 23rd or 24th it is then. Nice one Now I just have to find time to memorise the lyrics of the songs in the Mizuya Setlist, and how will I sing the songs without my Vietnamese flatmates thinking I am crazy .ehem. ?? Lolx

Sydney SCANDAL-HEAVEN members - Page 6 38602712
I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:42 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami FTW! wrote:

@WaffleDino
Sure, 23rd or 24th it is then. Nice one Now I just have to find time to memorise the lyrics of the songs in the Mizuya Setlist, and how will I sing the songs without my Vietnamese flatmates thinking I am crazy .ehem. ?? Lolx

Are you going to try memorise all the lyrics; you can't read Japanese?

TomomiSlapThatBass wrote:Fender seems to be producing a lot of deluxe active basses nowadays so I shouldn't have difficulty getting one, in fact I saw a candy apple active jazz at the store where I got my new bass from yesterday Tongue

SCANDAL will probably never come to Sydney Tongue I just figured that should be the venue where they perform Tongue

Custom Fender Strat Mami Model. It's in my sig!
Let me know when you get your bass. I could get a Fender Japan Jazz Bass imported for around $700 so don't go throwing your money at retailers just yet

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:26 pm

TomomiSlapThatBass

TomomiSlapThatBass

Caless Student
Caless Student
WaffleDino wrote:
Mami FTW! wrote:

@WaffleDino

TomomiSlapThatBass wrote:Fender seems to be producing a lot of deluxe active basses nowadays so I shouldn't have difficulty getting one, in fact I saw a candy apple active jazz at the store where I got my new bass from yesterday Tongue

Let me know when you get your bass. I could get a Fender Japan Jazz Bass imported for around $700 so don't go throwing your money at retailers just yet

OMG CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW US YOUR GUITAR!!!!

Also, Tomomi's Active Jazz is the Mexican model so should I try to make make my bass 100% identical to hers or should I just get a Japanese one? Now that I think about it, a lot of the Active Jazz bass guitars that I have seen in the stores are American made :S
Another bass that I want is a Japanese 1970's Sunburst Jazz bass, so your offer still stands plus that price is very attractive Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:37 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
OMG CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW US YOUR GUITAR!!!!

Also, Tomomi's Active Jazz is the Mexican model so should I try to make make my bass 100% identical to hers or should I just get a Japanese one? Now that I think about it, a lot of the Active Jazz bass guitars that I have seen in the stores are American made :S
Another bass that I want is a Japanese 1970's Sunburst Jazz bass, so your offer still stands plus that price is very attractive Tongue

If you look in my sig, there's a link to my project where I detailed how I built the guitar. I'll stick one picture here but for the rest, go to the project page.
I may bring it to uni sometimes for club activities so you'll probably be able to see it in person one day Nice one

Sydney SCANDAL-HEAVEN members - Page 6 20130208_151039_zpsadec1c39

Whether you go Mexican or Japanese, or even American is your own personal preference. For my two cents, I personally think that USA made and Japanese made Fenders are almost identical in quality. I prefer Japanese made as they sometimes offer different options with their models, eg. U-shaped necks only found on Japanese Stratocasters. At the same time, American maple is UNMATCHED, it's soooo good. The Jazz bass that I'm quoting is for a Fender Japan Jazz Bass Standard in Candy Apple Red. I know those will always be available but for Deluxe Actives, I'll need to get them backordered.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 pm

TomomiSlapThatBass

TomomiSlapThatBass

Caless Student
Caless Student
I just read all about (commented too Tongue) I take my hat off to you Tongue
I'm actually more interested in this sort of stuff, as I mentioned earlier, I want to get an SX bass and basically change everything on it and make it my own signature bass. Just in case you are wondering, the reason why I would get an SX bass is because I have heard great things about them, all of the bassists that I follow on youtube have gotten them and modified them and I just want to jump on the band wagon!
At this point in time, I am not good enough, I really need help with music theory to become a better musician. I must say though, I don't know how but I seem to know a lot about Fender bass guitars and general things without even trying so I think I must be interested in the sort of aspect of music that involves modifying and building instruments.
Just to end this post, I think I need to brush up more on my knowledge first, I will be very busy this year so I guess my progress will probably be slow until summer hits in November :/

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@topic lol

So we're set for the 23rd of February?

Who can make it?

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:55 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'll be able to confirm by tomorrow evening but I'm definitely in.
We'll get a list of who's coming on the 23rd and then I'll make the appropriate booking.

Afterwards I'll send a PM to those attending with all the details.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 am

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
WaffleDino wrote:
Mami FTW! wrote:

@WaffleDino

@ WaffleDino: Dude, I already know the lyrics, I was just thinking of practicing a little. I am sorry i said memorise when i should have said practice. Also, I can read japanese in english but cannot read hiragana, katakana and kanji.

Lastly, I am sorry, I said I will come to karaoke, but you will have to cross me off the list entirely, as I am getting so much homework and assignments for University, and what with all other responsibilities I simply will not be able to make it. Good luck to all the Sydney Scandal Heaven members who are coming to the Karaoke Session!! Sing your lungs out Everyone!! .clap.

I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami FTW! wrote:

@ WaffleDino: Dude, I already know the lyrics, I was just thinking of practicing a little. I am sorry i said memorise when i should have said practice. Also, I can read japanese in english but cannot read hiragana, katakana and kanji.

Lastly, I am sorry, I said I will come to karaoke, but you will have to cross me off the list entirely, as I am getting so much homework and assignments for University, and what with all other responsibilities I simply will not be able to make it. Good luck to all the Sydney Scandal Heaven members who are coming to the Karaoke Session!! Sing your lungs out Everyone!! .clap.

Haha you don't need to keep apologizing, you haven't done anything wrong, If time is looking hard for you then we all understand. It sucks that you won't be able to make it. Hopefully there will be more opportunities in the future, after all you only just got here.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:36 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@WaffleDino - Sad to hear you can't come D: But I hope you settle in well at uni!

Ah, Exhilem said he was willing to come to dinner, but I'll double check the dates, and contact ShizukaSakura...

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
So I think it's just me and Tanya who are definitely going.
I think Shizuka and TomomiSlap are maybes.
Atamarashi said he was keen but that was a while ago and he may have forgotten

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Shizuka said she couldn't make it. DD:

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
WaffleDino wrote:So I think it's just me and Tanya who are definitely going.
I think Shizuka and TomomiSlap are maybes.
Atamarashi said he was keen but that was a while ago and he may have forgotten

@ Waffle Dino: Please do PM me the meet up time and details, I did all the homework that was given to me early .smile., so I can make it now, definetly. Just to confirm, is the day the 23rd of February or the 24th? And I'll try to Sing well but my voice freezes up in front of other people Lol, I get a little nervous.

@ Tanya Lilac: Thank you very much for the umm Good luck wish? lol. In reality, I study at UTS: Insearch, not UTS so the homework is not much but we have all the assignments given to us at once, I am trying to get most of it out of the way early.

I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

ShizukaSakura

ShizukaSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
I finally found UTS:Insearch -- after walking around with a friend after I finished Uni. lol

instagram: shizukachuu
one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:22 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
LOL It is kind of off the side on Prince Street ... and that's only one of the buildings.

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:03 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee
Hey guys~

I found some friends to watch CN BLUE with me, so I'm heading over to Sydney June 1 for the concert, I"ll be in Sydney June 1-3

If we could get a karaoke or something organised on Sunday, June 2 or Monday June 3, that would be great ^^
Otherwise, I'll just go around sight seeing haha Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
Lets do eeeeeeet!

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW