You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What your favorite bass riff from Scandal?

What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le113%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 3% [ 11 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le113%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 3% [ 11 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le119%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 9% [ 28 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le112%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 2% [ 8 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le113%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 3% [ 10 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le119%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 9% [ 28 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le1139%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 39% [ 129 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le112%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 2% [ 6 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le1110%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 10% [ 33 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le114%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 4% [ 14 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le117%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 7% [ 22 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le114%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 4% [ 13 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le113%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 3% [ 10 ]
What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-le112%What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal? - Page 4 Bar-ri11 2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 328

Re: What's your favorite bass riff from Scandal?
Posted Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hi-Hi-Hi for sure! Seeing the live videos of Tomomi slapping that base was simply .wow.

I make animations!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 pm

voltran

voltran

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like Sakura goodbye because Tomo do melodic bass riff in that song
and she do that WHILE SINGING in the same time

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Dhan-kun

Dhan-kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Tokyo Skyscraper, it's so good to hear [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Kinetic-Kaze

Kinetic-Kaze

Caless Student
Caless Student
Voted for 'Hi-Hi-Hi'. Just incredible! .clap. 'Sakura Goodbye' comes close. But Tomo's bass riff in the former track stands out more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 am

Ire Hisagi

Ire Hisagi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hi-Hi-Hi her best riff to me

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
It's not on the poll, but for me I'd say the bass riff for Mabaroshi Night is my fave.
It's got that jazzy/spooky vibe to me. Ninja

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 am

woeaih4

International Performer
International Performer
No doubts with Hi-hi-hi

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:27 pm

worldlover

worldlover

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sakura Goodbye, really catchy verse, and yet it supports the song so well.
Where is Haruka though? lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I voted AITAI, but I really like Hikare, Tokyo Skyscraper, HI HI HI, and Pride. There're all great, but I feel these stand out. I'm a beginner bassist and I'm teaching myself, and from all the songs above, I feel Aitai is the hardest. I didn't try CUTE, Shoujo S, Shoujo M, BURN, or Sakura Goodbye, but from what I saw they didn't look too bad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Actually the hardest bass riff is BURN, lots of key and melody.

Hi-Hi-Hi is actually easy to play (if you practice hard on the slap part)

Hoshi No Furu You Ni is also a hard song to study, becaus the key in the song is also melody key, also in the interlude Tomo is using slapping techniques

but for me all the bass riff of Tomo are greatttt, for me as a bassist, it is a dream to achieved skills like Tomo .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 am

whitefalcon

whitefalcon

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi-Hi-Hi.. voted for Tomo's solo part.. the slapping is great, love it!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:01 am

Anemayfan

Anemayfan

Caless Student
Caless Student
My favorite bass riff is still the one from Sakura Goodbye. Tomomi's agility shined the first time I saw it live. Unfortunately because of their growing song list, it's unlikely I'll get to see it live again.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Following SCANDAL isn't just fandom, it's a way of life. /common
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 pm

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
tomomi dazzles in HI HI HI

Almond Crush Team  .love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 pm

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://last.fm/user/chezm0th
i vote tokyo skyscraper hahaha
since my fingers are not long enough for a bassist and i cant slap well, its kinda hard to play it well

and the other song is pride
i dont know why this song is very difficult to learn then other song

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:17 pm

somnean

somnean

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think I'm the only one who think that Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne has the best bassline out of the others :p I also think Hi-Hi-Hi has a good riff, but Awanai beats it

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:27 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Voted for sakura goodbye!! I really love tomos parts in this song Onion Skipping Onion Shy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 am

~SkyDarks

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I liked the riff (and solo bass) of Hi-Hi-Hi :3  and maybe the reason that I voted for Hi-Hi-Hi, was because, that was the first time I saw Tomomi skills at playing bass :3

"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 am

Jenjen

Jenjen

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I voted for Hi Hi Hi

Cause although i'm a guitar player
Hi Hi Hi made me realize that Timo is really great
but for Timo the song Hi Hi Hi is one of the hardest because of the solo part...
.hi. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:52 pm

AngelBeats

AngelBeats

Caless Student
Caless Student
I voted for Aitai because I enjoy playing its runs and its one of my favorite songs. I Also love playing Harukaze, Kagen no Tsuki, Doll, Scandal Baby, Morning Sun and Bright

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:25 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
Maybe not my favorite, but the run she plays during the bridge on Space Ranger is a fun, early example. Her bass playing helps anchor the beat and power the songs, but she is also a very melodic player; like Paul McCartney was on most Beatles tracks but especially Rain. Bass doesn't always get its due! Her playing is so fluid and tasty you don't even realize you've eaten nutritious food until you're done and realize how satisfying the meal was!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
mbowie4321 wrote:Maybe not my favorite, but the run she plays during the bridge on Space Ranger is a fun, early example. Her bass playing helps anchor the beat and power the songs, but she is also a very melodic player; like Paul McCartney was on most Beatles tracks but especially Rain. Bass doesn't always get its due! Her playing is so fluid and tasty you don't even realize you've eaten nutritious food until you're done and realize how satisfying the meal was!

Couldnt agree more! Happy
Considering how she has only been playing bass for a few years back then, listening to the stuff she put out on Space Ranger or Sakura Goodbye is phenomenal.

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:25 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
For me is has to be "Kan Biru", she is singing a sad love song but still slapping away at that bass Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:10 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
This is tough.   "Hi-Hi-Hi" may be her best riff, but the question is what's [my] favorite.  It's a toss-up between "Sakura Goodbye" and "Shunkan Sentimental."  When I started listening to Scandal, these were the first two songs that the bass jumped out at me and I said to myself, "Whoa, this girl can really play."  Because of that I started to take the band more seriously as musicians.  Her playing in both tunes reminds me of Pete Way from UFO, who I'm sure she may not know at all to be a direct influence.  From me, this a compliment.

I'll have to give the edge to "Goodbye" since the bass holds down that song and gives it a great dynamic.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:45 am

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
Pete Way, that's a throwback Don Dio! If you're gonna play that card I'll throw Trevor Bolder out there, too. Tonymiller, this is your neck of the woods! Bowie's last bassist (Gail Ann Dorsey) is also very good.

Tomomi is a good example of talent plus a lot of hard work!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:00 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@mbowie4321
If you're going to throw in on some old "Hunky Dory" Bowie than maybe there is a connection with Tomomi we've all missed, and now their new video makes sense.  She's been channeling Ziggy this whole time, and is now breaking free! 

Back on topic: I also really love her playing on "Orange Juice."  She knows how to swing with the best of them.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.