Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:05 am


bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ my cellphone screen resolution: Oh yeah you're right! I didn't use the escalators much in Osaka since we were always on the street level... Now the locales there are super cool and ol'school, I got stared at there too for looking like a yanki... HA HA!

One other thing to look for is the amount of Nigerian locals that live within the major cities... Yes, Nigerian... Actually, I'm not 100% sure that they're Nigerian, but they're out and about the major hipster areas, trying to sell off clothes, point you into clubs, etc., so don't be surprised if one approaches you and starts talking in Japanese or starts playing the hustle game...


@ The Subject on Cash: Well here's my point in view on cash, I say bring a lot if it's you're first time there + coverage on the concert tickets (3-4k, pending)... You'll always be able to convert money back into your currency when you arrive back home, so with the way the Yen is going, you'll make a few cents/dollars back if all goes well... Bring enough to keep you covered!

Most definitely you'll spend a lot on food, travel, trinkets, etc., your first time around, so spend sparingly if you want to buy something expensive... The worst feeling is when you're down and out to a couple of bucks and your trip isn't ending for another week, so hold money aside for the major items until nearing the end... That way you can at least make the adjustment of fun vs food when the time comes... HA HA! Not a prob for Sam since he lives like Scrooge McDuck...


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:08 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
bigOeyez wrote:@ my cellphone screen resolution: Oh yeah you're right! I didn't use the escalators much in Osaka since we were always on the street level... Now the locales there are super cool and ol'school, I got stared at there too for looking like a yanki... HA HA!

One other thing to look for is the amount of Nigerian locals that live within the major cities... Yes, Nigerian... Actually, I'm not 100% sure that they're Nigerian, but they're out and about the major hipster areas, trying to sell off clothes, point you into clubs, etc., so don't be surprised if one approaches you and starts talking in Japanese or starts playing the hustle game...


@ The Subject on Cash: Well here's my point in view on cash, I say bring a lot if it's you're first time there + coverage on the concert tickets (3-4k, pending)... You'll always be able to convert money back into your currency when you arrive back home, so with the way the Yen is going, you'll make a few cents/dollars back if all goes well... Bring enough to keep you covered!

Most definitely you'll spend a lot on food, travel, trinkets, etc., your first time around, so spend sparingly if you want to buy something expensive... The worst feeling is when you're down and out to a couple of bucks and your trip isn't ending for another week, so hold money aside for the major items until nearing the end... That way you can at least make the adjustment of fun vs food when the time comes... HA HA! Not a prob for Sam since he lives like Scrooge McDuck...

Yup, 4K around there. FOOD is 2nd compared to SCANDAL and their Merchs


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:10 am


luCkLEsS

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Serenula You gonna enlist next year as well?? CANTA Peace Lets get to know each other better

@bigOeyez I think can live like one of my friends friend. He briefly explained to me how he traveled in Japan. Basically he sleep in Mcdonalds. CANTA Thumbs

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:13 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
luCkLEsS wrote:@Serenula You gonna enlist next year as well?? CANTA Peace Lets get to know each other better

@bigOeyez I think can live like one of my friends friend. He explained to me how he traveled in Japan. Basically he hitch rides(cant remember properly) and sleep in Mcdonalds. CANTA Thumbs

Relax on the lodging, it will depend entirely on the amount of people going on this trip. As I said.. more the better..

Living in Japan has many choices. Namingly

Hotels, Hostels,Temple stay, capsule, Family home, Rented apartment, 24/hr net cafes and lastly, the Road...

Once we start getting closer.. Best by December.. then I will start planning with whoever would love to Help me.. since this is getting world'wide.. Planning can be on Skype :D


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:27 am


HirumaKyo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hmm.. since the trip will be on march, i guess now my only aim is to get a job first... OMG maybe i go find my friend for his ex-boss intern offer... Smile

edit: from my experience with ns, i stopped schooling on june then my enlistment letter came on july for sept intake.. but it entirely depends on how "efficient" cmpb process your graduation dates... some people i know get enlisted quite fast after they graduated.. some took ages before enlistment...



Last edited by HirumaKyo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rina's cutest moment
Haruna: Chicken rice.. 2 days... *Rina posed with 2 fingers!!* LOVE
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:30 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HirumaKyo wrote:hmm.. since the trip will be on march, i guess now my only aim is to get a job first... OMG maybe i go find my friend for his ex-boss intern offer... Smile

I also need job.. >_> got offer to share?


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 am


HirumaKyo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I also need job.. >_> got offer to share?

hmm... my friend's ex-boss intern job is a programming based work if im not wrong... but i see if got any other lobang or not... because programming just makes me wanna Frustrated haha...


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rina's cutest moment
Haruna: Chicken rice.. 2 days... *Rina posed with 2 fingers!!* LOVE
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:34 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HirumaKyo wrote:
I also need job.. >_> got offer to share?

hmm... my friend's ex-boss intern job is a programming based work if im not wrong... but i see if got any other lobang or not... because programming just makes me wanna Frustrated haha...

ohw.. yes.. ha ha ha. White Flag


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:40 am


Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
Cant go for several reasons, but I support you guys, please help me keep the thread clean of spam and such while you discuss Happy


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:40 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Noodles wrote:Cant go for several reasons, but I support you guys, please help me keep the thread clean of spam and such while you discuss Happy

Will do :D.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:55 am


luCkLEsS

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HirumaKyo wrote:
I also need job.. >_> got offer to share?

hmm... my friend's ex-boss intern job is a programming based work if im not wrong... but i see if got any other lobang or not... because programming just makes me wanna Frustrated haha...

Get what you mean!! I am studying game programming and GOD it makes me hate it so much with all the errors Stars
But when i finish one game makes me so happy hahas

Maybe can get my mum to sponsor me Whistle she said she can let me go japan alone if i want to previously but thinking about going alone to a foreign country just made me piss my pants lol so didn't opt for it


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:01 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
luCkLEsS wrote:
HirumaKyo wrote:
I also need job.. >_> got offer to share?

hmm... my friend's ex-boss intern job is a programming based work if im not wrong... but i see if got any other lobang or not... because programming just makes me wanna Frustrated haha...

Get what you mean!! I am studying game programming and GOD it makes me hate it so much with all the errors Stars
But when i finish one game makes me so happy hahas

Maybe can get my mum to sponsor me Whistle she said she can let me go japan alone if i want to previously but thinking about going alone to a foreign country just made me piss my pants lol so didn't opt for it

HA now you got SH here, no need piss ur pants~


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:04 am


HirumaKyo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
luCkLEsS wrote:

Get what you mean!! I am studying game programming and GOD it makes me hate it so much with all the errors Stars
But when i finish one game makes me so happy hahas

Maybe can get my mum to sponsor me Whistle she said she can let me go japan alone if i want to previously but thinking about going alone to a foreign country just made me piss my pants lol so didn't opt for it

haha... so good of your mum... i wanted to go japan alone for the experience... Cool from ns enlistment till now, my plans got postponed for a number of times.. so, hope this trip will be a true trip for me... Happy


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rina's cutest moment
Haruna: Chicken rice.. 2 days... *Rina posed with 2 fingers!!* LOVE
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:05 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HirumaKyo wrote:
luCkLEsS wrote:

Get what you mean!! I am studying game programming and GOD it makes me hate it so much with all the errors Stars
But when i finish one game makes me so happy hahas

Maybe can get my mum to sponsor me Whistle she said she can let me go japan alone if i want to previously but thinking about going alone to a foreign country just made me piss my pants lol so didn't opt for it

haha... so good of your mum... i wanted to go japan alone for the experience... Cool from ns enlistment till now, my plans got postponed for a number of times.. so, hope this trip will be a true trip for me... Happy

yup, before NS wanna go Japan one more time.. :D


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 am


HirumaKyo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
must do all your favorite things before you enlist... because after that, the only time you get to enjoy during ns are: 1. POP block leave(Number of leave days ranged from 7-14 days) 2. Become a sergeant in MP and posted to bedok camp.. (My RP friend says that his sergeant has ever go on a 2 week worth of leave and off. Plus, bedok camp duty is a 8-5 duty.) Or the rare 3. Posted as a support staff to a camp and that camp is real slack one.. Wew


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rina's cutest moment
Haruna: Chicken rice.. 2 days... *Rina posed with 2 fingers!!* LOVE
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:11 am


wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The prospect of a SH trip to Japan is pretty cool, and it sounds like there are some pretty experienced trip planners here.

It'll take a lot more than wishful thinking for this to happen; please try to contribute in a manner that moves the thread in a positive direction so that good ideas aren't lost in a sea of idle chatter.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I AM GIRAFFE!
damatte0924: Delirious now. May become like that later. Oh wait, it is now.
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:22 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So currently, the plan is Only within Tokyo.
Traveling by JR is very easy so as long as there is sufficiant detail.

Main objective of this trip will always be to attend SCANDAL's concerts or whatever is happening during our arrivial. The rest is of -if we got time only- basis.

Can someone collect data on SCANDAL's movement?


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 am


ScandalLover

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hmmm~
A trip to Japan with fellow SH members, sounds fun. But i'm kinda worried that i cannot make it due to poly 2nd year. orz. Money and parents are no problem but its the schooling that matters. LOL. Will keep watching this thread and hopefully, poly doesn't clash with this.




_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just a dude who loves SCANDAL and Tomomi!
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ScandalLover wrote:Hmmm~
A trip to Japan with fellow SH members, sounds fun. But i'm kinda worried that i cannot make it due to poly 2nd year. orz. Money and parents are no problem but its the schooling that matters. LOL. Will keep watching this thread and hopefully, poly doesn't clash with this.


I am a poly student too, mind letting me know what might be the issue of year 2 that could stop you?


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:31 am


ScandalLover

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Serenula wrote:
ScandalLover wrote:Hmmm~
A trip to Japan with fellow SH members, sounds fun. But i'm kinda worried that i cannot make it due to poly 2nd year. orz. Money and parents are no problem but its the schooling that matters. LOL. Will keep watching this thread and hopefully, poly doesn't clash with this.


I am a poly student too, mind letting me know what might be the issue of year 2 that could stop you?

nah, i'm saying if the trip clashes with anything that is school related i can't go.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just a dude who loves SCANDAL and Tomomi!
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:32 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ScandalLover wrote:
Serenula wrote:
ScandalLover wrote:Hmmm~
A trip to Japan with fellow SH members, sounds fun. But i'm kinda worried that i cannot make it due to poly 2nd year. orz. Money and parents are no problem but its the schooling that matters. LOL. Will keep watching this thread and hopefully, poly doesn't clash with this.


I am a poly student too, mind letting me know what might be the issue of year 2 that could stop you?

nah, i'm saying if the trip clashes with anything that is school related i can't go.

mind I ask what poly are you in? I chose March and June as they are Poly holidays~


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 am


boonlenglbl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Serenula wrote:
ScandalLover wrote:Hmmm~
A trip to Japan with fellow SH members, sounds fun. But i'm kinda worried that i cannot make it due to poly 2nd year. orz. Money and parents are no problem but its the schooling that matters. LOL. Will keep watching this thread and hopefully, poly doesn't clash with this.


I am a poly student too, mind letting me know what might be the issue of year 2 that could stop you?

Am poly year 2 next year as well, but i cant see the barrier except my parents..
i JUST asked, and my mom gave a fat "NO" CANTA Cry ..
It would be different if it was year 3 though, FYP..


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
boonlenglbl wrote:
Serenula wrote:
ScandalLover wrote:Hmmm~
A trip to Japan with fellow SH members, sounds fun. But i'm kinda worried that i cannot make it due to poly 2nd year. orz. Money and parents are no problem but its the schooling that matters. LOL. Will keep watching this thread and hopefully, poly doesn't clash with this.


I am a poly student too, mind letting me know what might be the issue of year 2 that could stop you?

Am poly year 2 next year as well, but i cant see the barrier except my parents..
i JUST asked, and my mom gave a fat "NO" CANTA Cry ..
It would be different if it was year 3 though, FYP..

In the mean time, try to get the money~ after which, maybe some of us here can convince your mum.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:44 am


ScandalLover

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
mind I ask what poly are you in? I chose March and June as they are Poly holidays~

I'll be in poly when its 2012. I'm worried about the schedule of the polys so yah. I might not go to poly too. LOL JC's a choice for me too. O's this year for me. orz


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just a dude who loves SCANDAL and Tomomi!
Back to top Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:45 am


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ScandalLover wrote:
mind I ask what poly are you in? I chose March and June as they are Poly holidays~

I'll be in poly when its 2012. I'm worried about the schedule of the polys so yah. I might not go to poly too. LOL JC's a choice for me too. O's this year for me. orz

Ahh now that is an issue, I do not know about JC but if I am right..school starts early.. As for Poly, year one will begin at April. March is ususally just camp for freshies if you have any interest.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down