Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:50 am


assassingirl

International Performer
International Performer
being a guitarist is so damn cool right so as drummer,. but when i think about it, what is more cooler?



Learning the guitar is much more difficult, that's my opinion so I prefer drums!



Rock and roll!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


a~chan >.<
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:44 am


darksteel

International Performer
International Performer
Even if my favorite is RINA but i still prefer to be a bassist.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sleeping to Rock Music.
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:06 am


assassingirl

International Performer
International Performer
being a bassist sure stands out most Happy


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


a~chan >.<
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:36 am


jenny6ktr

Caless Student
Caless Student
Me too .. prefer bass Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:46 am


bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I wanna learn drums I can't afford to get callouses on my fingers... and it hurts like hell and that hand posture just no.... and besides when your angry and can hit harder you can't do that string instruments... I'm not trying to be Rina... though I play piano as well....


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:47 am


-Rhythm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Interested in drumming since young but picked up bass instead. =X

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 am


tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I have always been a bass player but in UK bands you are usually stuck at the back.
But in Japanese bands they seem more important and of course in bands like Scandal, Stereopony and FLiP they are often pretty girls !
Perhaps I should move to Japan ?


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:56 am


graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I wish I could play guitar better than I do... which is not much. I'm slightly better on bass. Drums and percussion were a natural for me as a child. I drove my parents to the point of insanity. As a child I practiced 2 hours a day everyday for almost ten years.

Tony... I like your way of thinking! No matter what... the drummers are ALWAYS in the back! Dance

Bleach... They do make "drummer's gloves" but if you hold the sticks correctly you won't develop callouses I promise... and especially if you play using "match grip" versus "traditional grip".

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:32 pm


macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm mostly a guitarist these days. But I started out playing drums. I also play bass Wink I miss drumming sometimes as I don't get the chance to play drums these days..

All are cool. It depends on how you milk your position for max cool factor Wink

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:59 pm


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I had a go with both but never really did started anything. Seems some song makes me go drumming and others makes me play the guitar better.. YET the joke here is, I have a Bass guitar and a piano but no drums or guitar...

Getting a guitar real soon, drums will be almost impossible at my current house


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:46 pm


chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
I thought about picking up guitar, but I ended up learning drums. And I am so glad I did~~!! It is just plain fun and cool.

I'm sure guitar is in no way less cool than the drums, I am still interested in learning it, but I'll focus on my drumming for now.

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:48 pm


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
chiy102 wrote:I thought about picking up guitar, but I ended up learning drums. And I am so glad I did~~!! It is just plain fun and cool.

I'm sure guitar is in no way less cool than the drums, I am still interested in learning it, but I'll focus on my drumming for now.

lets have a jaming session! I need a drummer so badly


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 pm


chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Serenula wrote:
chiy102 wrote:I thought about picking up guitar, but I ended up learning drums. And I am so glad I did~~!! It is just plain fun and cool.

I'm sure guitar is in no way less cool than the drums, I am still interested in learning it, but I'll focus on my drumming for now.

lets have a jaming session! I need a drummer so badly

Oh my, I imagined this day to come, when someone actually welcome me to jam with them, but I'd never expect this day to come so soon. Thank you for inviting.

But I don't mean to disappoint you, Serenula, I probably am not good enough to jam. I only started learning at the start of this year with zero music background, and I'm currently only at the beginner level at the place where I'm learning from. Sorry... Scared

Of course, I do hope to keep on improving until I am good enough to perform. Wonder when the day will come... Onion Sigh

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 pm


Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
chiy102 wrote:
Serenula wrote:
chiy102 wrote:I thought about picking up guitar, but I ended up learning drums. And I am so glad I did~~!! It is just plain fun and cool.

I'm sure guitar is in no way less cool than the drums, I am still interested in learning it, but I'll focus on my drumming for now.

lets have a jaming session! I need a drummer so badly

Oh my, I imagined this day to come, when someone actually welcome me to jam with them, but I'd never expect this day to come so soon. Thank you for inviting.

But I don't mean to disappoint you, Serenula, I probably am not good enough to jam. I only started learning at the start of this year with zero music background, and I'm currently only at the beginner level at the place where I'm learning from. Sorry... Scared

Of course, I do hope to keep on improving until I am good enough to perform. Wonder when the day will come... Onion Sigh

no problem~ lets work hard! Ganbatte!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:20 pm


SonicFiringZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm currently a full time guitarist + a part time drummer in my band .=)
Didn't take lesson for any of those instruments, I only learnt guitar through the internet and youtube. Drums is more of a...talent which i didnt know i have.xD

Being either a guitarist or a drummer doesn't make much difference. both are cool!
drums are actually harder compared to guitar..your arms and legs will be moving at different tempo. You've to get use to it first..pain to learn!

guitar's fine, quite easy to learn, i've no idea why but i dont get callous..so yeah its normal for me~ not painful at all .slowly learn~ =D

Good luck for those taking drums .xD


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 pm


mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
Torn between guitar and drums? Why not choose the middle? Be a bassist!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:27 am


matteroll

Caless Student
Caless Student
I prefer drums cause i used to learn the drums Tongue and drums are really fun to play Mad=

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:59 am


Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
I dont have enough feet-hand coordination... .so... guitar! xD


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:22 am


bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Guitar solos are hot, but there's nothing more satisfying than hearing a trail of kicks in tandem with snares and such... \m/ !DOUBLE BASS! \m/

These fist were made for drumming and my feet for stomping pedals!

"Ah, all my goldies are turning into crackheads... Anyone have any extra bronzer?!"


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:18 pm


xKai

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I would prefer Guitar and Bass, though I have learn drums when I was 13 years old, which is like 5-6 years ago, but I quit 1 year later due to some 'personal' happenings.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


SCANDAL is a part of my life
SCANDAL is in my blood

RINA :3
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:21 pm


feelslikedance

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://hiyori-fuuko.deviantart.com
I'm learning how to play the bass :D I have no hand-feet coordination so I can't play the drums DX


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:31 pm


Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I want drums for 4or 5 years but I don't have where to put them. It's so sad. ._.
My dad told me small-sized girls can't be drummers and then I showed him some SCANDAL lives and Rina and he was 'okay, they can' xDDDDDD

I'll probably buy guitar soon but I'm not sure if I'll be able to play because I have small tiny fingers.

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:36 pm


tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Ronrinesu
Watch Scandal and Stereopony playing together and see how tiny Aimi their singer is, you could step on her by accident but she plays guitar !


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 am


Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:I have always been a bass player but in UK bands you are usually stuck at the back.
But in Japanese bands they seem more important and of course in bands like Scandal, Stereopony and FLiP they are often pretty girls !
Perhaps I should move to Japan ?

@Tony,
you want to be a pretty girl? haha =Dp just kidding.

@ topic:
Even though I play guitar, I wish I could be a bassist.

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you be a guitarist or drummer?
Posted on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:11 pm


tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@KoiMoyou
I see what you mean, yes it did sound like that !
Perhaps that is why Tissue Hime dresses as a girl but sadly I do not have nice legs like him.
I would just like bass players to get the attention they seem to get in Japanese bands.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down