Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:38 am

alrick13

No. 51-52, 12/22-29/2008:

No. 49, 12/07/2009:

No. 44, 10/31/2011:

No. 12, 3/2012:

Last edited by alrick13 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:40 am; edited 5 times in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 pm

danny_warfield

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.warriorsofterrestria.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@alrick
what are the others band beside SCANDAL? (I only could read Sutepo, LazyGunsBrisky, Zone, and aldious)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

MY DOUJINSHI TRIBUTE FOR SCANDAL
SCANDAL Funny Moment Doujinshi

Dear GOD, I promise, I'll become a good boy, so when I die, I could enter the heaven, and in there I could met and own the goddesses like HARU, MAMI, RINA and TOMO Please

MY ONLINE NOVEL
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:07 pm

alrick13

the trio in picture #4 is "Nihon Madonna" (thanks to Jibba for the I.D.)
Scandal was also mentioned in the text in pink, hope someone can translate

the one beside Zone is Negoto, their music is also good rock with dominant keyboard sound

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:52 pm

crimeson

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://crim3son.deviantart.com
CANTA Shy PLAYBOY???
mou, i'm almost die, mattaku...

CANTA Hmmm garage behind SCANDAL seem familiar

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 pm

rinrin151091

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ichigo-ringo.deviantart.com/
^
yeah, it's similar with the one in the background for their potoshoot with shunkan uniform
I think the photoshoot is for a magazine too?

You're welcome RINA!!!  
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:55 am

alrick13

added Weekly Playboy - 22-29 December 2008(N° 51-52)
see first post

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 am

chimo

Caless Student
Caless Student
ehhhh Weekly Playboy Magazine no.12 Nice One
(c) Shiu Wisely

(c) daisukiscandal

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:27 pm

chimo

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Weekly Playboy ~March 2012~
(c) berserk
OMG WTF! Cry Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

honestly i dnt really like what they're posing(except rina) its kinda erotic and people like them coz theyre different from typical idol groups but seeing them like this its just a no no esp to haru that kind of pose is just lusty and i dnt really like it

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:08 pm

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
You thanked this post! -

i honestly don't like it, i hope this will be the last time they do photo-shoots like this.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I have to agree with the two previous posts.
Those pictures are to revealing and erotic...
Like the second page in chimo's post... Haruna ... just no Cry

EDIT: Question. Is the weekly Playboy here the same thing as what I would normally understand under a Playboy magazine? I am just kinda confused about this.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:49 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
I don't like it one little bit.Too much flesh. 0/10

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:06 pm

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
This is what I've been afraid of the most, and now it's here. OTL

hapihapi wrote:people like them coz theyre different from typical idol groups but seeing them like this its just a no no esp to haru that kind of pose is just lusty and i dnt really like it

Exactly what I want to say.

I'm fine with the maturity of shoots like in HARUKAZE covers, but this is too much. Now moar HFM will come out. Hope nothing like this comes out again. D:

---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer

Even though I am a huge Japanese idols fan I did not want to see Scandal
like this.
But nudity is considered no big deal in Japan and there is huge pressure to
do these kind of shots.
My daughter has 'Kat-Tun' stripped to the waist, boy bands have to do it too.
But remember they are still the girls we love !

Also they may want to show their fans they are grown up now.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:41 pm

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
don't completly understand all of this "omg I don't like these photos, they are too much ""erotic""". I found them pretty standard for every girl featured in a japanese magazine shoot ^^'' even if they are a pop-rock band,or gyaru model or even idols, girls usually do photos like these and nothings wrong with it. they ar enot nude I mean lol.
I found a lot of scandal pictures really "idoling", the whole uniforms era was pretty idol concept and even if people (too much "even if" sorry) found them "different from the the others girls", they love see them in uniforms 'cause it's how they see idols everywhere.
anyway, I like this photos. not my favorites, but I like them (:

tumblr ♪♪ twitter SCANDAL☆MANIA ♪♪ my english sucks (´∀`)♥
avatar+signature by me, respect it please ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:23 pm

polaczek

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi, I tried to delete a black stripe in the middle of the scan. Sorry that I did not precisely, but I'm not a computer graphic Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:22 pm

JosephRuela

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
without the nude photoshoot playboy is a magazine like the others
you have to worry when they are in the nude photoshoot!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:41 pm

UltimaRaiden

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://raiden48.wordpress.com
Reachie wrote:
EDIT: Question. Is the weekly Playboy here the same thing as what I would normally understand under a Playboy magazine? I am just kinda confused about this.

Weekly Playboy (週刊プレイボーイ) isn't related to the American Playboy magazine, but it is a men's interest magazine still. There isn't a ton of nudity usually, it's really more geared towards gravure/bikini shots.

Personally, I think a lot of you guys are overreacting. I think the photos are well done. And it's not like they're taking everything off suddenly and doing gravure shoots. The way I see it, shupure is a popular magazine, and it's good exposure.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 pm

JosephRuela

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
UltimaRaiden wrote:
Personally, I think a lot of you guys are overreacting. I think the photos are well done. And it's not like they're taking everything off suddenly and doing gravure shoots. The way I see it, shupure is a popular magazine, and it's good exposure.

I agree with you, I think the name "playboy" scared the people
scared me when I saw the name of the topic, after I look at the photos I calm down!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 pm

ILOVERINASUZUKI21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@mc~: This is what I'm afraid of too sir.
Ugh! I really hate men's magazine even if I'm a men Rage

@two post above me: We are not overreacting, we are just afraid that our idols become idolize by the dumb peoples who just like erotics.

Although we know that SCANDAL won't do that nude thing because we know that SCANDAL is greatfull to their fans, especially Rina, and love themselves also...and that's the SCANDAL!!!

We want SCANDAL to become popular but not through this, but through musics.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 am

Martian07

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i agree, this is really not the magazine that i want to see scandal in
its just too much exposure

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 am

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
I agree that this isn't too bad in the sense that they're not actually that revealing.

What i have always been on about is the message,the image of the girls that these photoshoots are sending.

I don't mind fashion magazines and the like,because they're girls after all.

I just think that it's ridiculous that they have to pose around sexily in a fishy sounding magazine that has had more than half of the non-Japanese people thinking that they're in some sort of a men's magazine filled with scantily clad women that men only lust after.

They are a rock band.They play music and then they sell that music for a living.If non-SCANDAL people first find out about SCANDAL through this sorta stuff they are going to have the wrong image of SCANDAL.

Ridiculous.Utterly.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:59 am

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
the pics are deadly at first sight but i wish they won't go farther than that ~

~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:45 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Now now, please calm down people.

We may or may not like the pictures but to use the words "flesh" and "erotic" is overblowing things. I didn't see ANY erotica here. There are many ways to express disatisfaction. Exaggerations are not one of them.

About the misunderstanding about the mag's name, whose fault is that? The girls? The mag? Japanese mainstream culture? Or the fact that we didn't know and made an assumption?

As for the effects of the photoshoot, what can we do? Nothing, so stop fretting over things we can't control. Sure, some people who find out about SCANDAL through this will get a certain... "impression".

But for me, I have faith in our girls and I know that their music will shine through to change this initial "impression."

So just relax aight? It's not that big a deal. It isn't gravure yet and the girls haven't stooped as low as some people seem to think. Remember, this is Japan. Their idea of sexuality is likely DIFFERENT from ours, so while we're losing our heads and decrying their actions, it might not have as much impact to the average Japanese person. And I'm pretty sure this mag is mostly directed at Japanese men and not for regional/global consumption.

To be fair, if you're really, really unhappy, we all know their Twitter accounts, blog etc. Feel free to scold them using the listed methods. Until then, take a deep breath and calm down.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:57 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
That is true but I don't see many other girl bands in Japan being marketed this way.... I hate it how Sony is marketing SCANDAL in "this" way I mean they look hot and awesome more clothes I just don't get why they are asked to a singlet top and mini skirts and Rina is lying in a "suggestive" manner. What does that give to the readers of the magazine? SCANDAL is more sexually attractive than their music?

I don't blame the girls but I feel they're being violated in a way. Obviously most of us here are out of Japan so are views of sexuality IS different. Though they do have to realise some day stuff shown in Japan doesn't stay there...

On the other hand maybe we're are too used to SCANDAL being fully clothed and so when we see this we're slightly surpised or shocked...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down