Weekly Playboy [Page 2 of 5]

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:11 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
bleachnlife wrote:On the other hand maybe we're are too used to SCANDAL being fully clothed and so when we see this we're slightly surpised or shocked...

Exactly. This is probably why some of our friends are reacting the way they do. I did notice that other girl bands are not doing this. This is why I feel that they actually did WANT to do this. They could've said no after all. I'm sure Ei-kun and team are looking out for them.

To me regarding this case, the most important thing is that they do this on THEIR OWN terms, as in this is what they WANT to do as opposed to being obligated to. There is no way to know though, so I can only hope. Perhaps it's just another sucky day at the office for them, who knows right?

Anyway, I always wish them the best and that they enjoy what they do. That's the most important thing.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 am

ZX636

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think people need to calm down about these pictures. I completely agree with macdyne73. I'm sure if the whole SCANDAL team wasn't up to it they wouldn't do it.

Most of us fans have been too used to the group being dressed the way they have been in the past but SCANDAL said it themselves that they want to change and want to show their individuality. Who knows this might have been their idea.

All i'm saying is that as long as they're not losing focus of what's really important (IMO - their music) it should be fine. Think of this as expanding their target group.

Relax minna, it's not as if they were nude right?

Last edited by ZX636 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
@ AM2 (2011) - Autograph Panel

Tomomi - "You smell good!"

Me - "...."
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 am

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
what i dnt like in this photoshoot is how they're posing. They could've done it in a lil less erotic.
My eyes just dnt like what haru is posing with her legs intertwined with an overly short shorts

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:29 am

HaToMaRi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Weekly Playboy 2012 no.12

enjoy!!!! Cool

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 am

ganstream1

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ariefzainal.com
BEST SCANDAL photobook. This reminds me of.

"With ticket, it took us 5 minutes to get from Shiroten to Osaka Jyo-Hall. But for SCANDAL, it took them 6 years."
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:29 am

kirei_kawaii^-^

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm not really surprised that SCANDAL is in Playboy magazine. They've released shocking photos before. For example, in their very first official photo book that was a first press bonus included with their BEST SCANDAL album, there's one photo where Mami is grabbing Tomomi's boobs with both hands O.o & most of the photos in that photo book was too sexy & somewhat erotic. Second, I heard them say in an interview before that I saw on YouTube, that they named their band after one of the (I can't say that 3-letter "s" word) naughty shops in a building where they used to practice their music, where most of the rooms where pretty much all naughty shops. So they're pretty much comfortable with the sexy image. Although I would not want them posing nude on any type of magazines. That would just be pushing it too much & it might ruin their image.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 am

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
its funny how easily people throw around how "hot" and "sexy" they are but when they are actually being "hot" and "sexy" you guys say its too much? O_o

like what a few of you have already pointed out, this isnt the first time theyve done something like this. even in their most conservative times they wore skirts that barely cover anything. so relax. plus theyre grown up, theyre women. they arent little school girls anymore.

that said, i kinda agree about haruna's pose though. thats a little risque but whatever haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 am

noctis

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
these pics are waaaay too hot for me to handle, i can't say that i don't like it, i actually saved these pics. *well that's a SOP for me* i just wish that they won't go posing with only swimsuits/bikinis on.

all we can do is support these girls though.

Haruna owned in these pics Nose Bleed

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 am

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
I agree completely on the point that Japan in particular has a very different viewpoint from the rest of us in terms of sexuality.Girls think nothing of wearing almost non existent skirts and shorts almost everyday over there.To them,perhaps this is normal.I do not know enough of the Japanese culture on sexuality to give a more educated opinion.

They are good looking,i think everyone can agree on that.The point,or my opinion,if you like,that i am trying to stress is that i just wish that they'd sell their music more vehemently than their looks.That's all i am trying to say.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:52 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thanks for the high res Clap i normally LOATHE pics of SCANDAL posing sexy and stuff but weirdly enough i kind of like this one. i think tomo is super cutee. LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Fair to say they look awesome the fashion is fine but they do need to correct their style of posing alittle... right now its a suggestive.... Oh thank goodness theres a bra strap there on mami... I was having a little freak back then...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 am

Luanna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
oh god, they're hot. Nose Bleed

But I think it's enough. I want the school uniforms back. This is so not the SCANDAL i wanted to see. :D<:

"We'd rather have them look at us, not our school uniforms"- Haruna
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
EugeneAng wrote:
They are good looking,i think everyone can agree on that.The point,or my opinion,if you like,that i am trying to stress is that i just wish that they'd sell their music more vehemently than their looks.That's all i am trying to say.

Understood and in principle, agreed.

Slightly off topic but the reactions from these pictures is a good thing for the forum I think. It generates discussion and it's always good to get different viewpoints. And the fact that this hasn't turned into a flame war speaks very well of this forum and its members. We are agreeing to disagree and I can tell you all that this is, unfortunately not very common these days...

So let's continue!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 am

ILOVERINASUZUKI21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Enough with this it's stresses us lols Onion XD

but I hope this is the last they could do something like that.

and for my post lately I didn't say it's erotic what I stresses there is the lustful mind of other people.

~I think first time seeing this will get our minds crazy but I try to look on it again and it doesn't tell so bad anymore to me, I just wish that they don't go any further with that.

furthermore I still love SCANDAL Love

Focus your mind and use your imagination to see my Siggy Evil Grin

~You can call me Risu... (´•ω•`)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:34 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

ILOVERINASUZUKI21 wrote:Enough with this it's stresses us lols Onion XD

but I hope this is the last they could do something like that.

and for my post lately I didn't say it's erotic what I stresses there is the lustful mind of other people.

~I think first time seeing this will get our minds crazy but I try to look on it again and it doesn't tell so bad anymore to me, I just wish that they don't go any further with that.

furthermore I still love SCANDAL Love

But its the first image that sells the product... unless its good looking or attractive no one gonna take a second look. Though this picture is doing the first loo,k first sell idea very well its kinda got it the bent way...
I love the fact people aren't overly shocked and can reason with why SCANDAL or whoever organised it is doing it this way. I see this as the more proper way of supporting SCANDAL Nice One

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 am

suna_chan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://twitter.com/sunakox18
Well, about Rina's poses being erotic. It's really hard to pose with just mere drum sticks. While the others have guitars and bass, to strike a pose with, it's big enough for a good pose. Unlike drumsticks.

And about the magazine, its not bad after all. I was also shocked when I saw them on "Playboy" Magazine OMG Onion but when i saw it, i think its also their maturity. Of course, i do miss the old Scandal, but people change. I don;t think that they'd go too far to pose nude in magazines or others, but showing skin is a bit normal. It's not bad. They look beautiful and stunning on their photos, of course more and more people will get attracted and use them as models, especially today that they are really famous. What matters the most is the fact that they still look WHOLESOME on those pictures. Onion Smile

RINA SUZUKI <3
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I agree 100% with all of you guys that don't want to see SCANDAL end up doing nude/erotic shoots.
It's not them and they don't need it.

But when I first saw these pictures, "sexual/erotic" was the last thing on my mind O_o
I just thought that it was a spring-themed shoot and they were wearing short shorts because of it.

I don't know, maybe it's because this type of clothing is fairly common here in America, but I didn't get a sexual vibe from these photos.

The poses also.
The poses look like the usual poses they make (imo).

We've seen Tomo's belly before so it's no big deal there lol

The girls are smart and I highly doubt we'll see them in something truly "erotic"

四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 pm

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Ono Sasazaki wrote:The girls are smart and I highly doubt we'll see them in something truly "erotic"
this.
they are not idol and they can decide themself how to pose and what to wear. we don't need to worry about future nude photoshoot, they will never be,neither in bikinis at least they wanted to.

tumblr ♪♪ twitter SCANDAL☆MANIA ♪♪ my english sucks (´∀`)♥
avatar+signature by me, respect it please ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 pm

souichiro-san

Caless Student
Caless Student
The pics are not bad,but this is enough for a life!
No more pics like this! And why playboy mag? OMG!
Scandal,please leave this kinda "playboy mag. pics and photoshoots" stuff to the other Idol groups,who are enjoying playing this childish photoshoot things and works,thanks!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
well, i hope they wont go farther than this and people may think that my comment is exaggerated is bcos im not used in seeing my fave artist doing things like this and i really thought that they wont do it and it really disappoints me.
I just said my idea and everyone has theirs so it's all up to you.

It's a shame that the girls look really cute here but... They could've posed like rina

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
kirei_kawaii^-^ wrote:Second, I heard them say in an interview before that I saw on YouTube, that they named their band after one of the (I can't say that 3-letter "s" word) naughty shops in a building where they used to practice their music, where most of the rooms where pretty much all naughty shops.

They maybe said that (they said it's 'pinkish' aren't they?), but it's not a s*x (why is this a 'bad word'?) shop or anything like that. It's just a kyabakura, which is the Japanese counterpart of hostess club.

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:21 pm

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
Stay on Topic guys.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
UltimaRaiden wrote:
Personally, I think a lot of you guys are overreacting. .

Not at all.
If we say that, it's just because we know really SCANDAL and those pictures don't look like to SCANDAL, but rather to Idols. We haven't known SCANDAL like that and we're a bit disapointed after seeing that pictures even though they stay a band which we do love.
Personally, If I had known SCANDAL with those pictures, today I would not be a fan of them. One of the reasons which made me fan of SCANDAL is justly because they not do kind erotic photos like several artists/bands.
For finish I share the opinion of mc~, I hope too nothing like this comes out again.

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

SCANDAL is more than a band, it's a passion

==>Census of SCANDAL fans<==
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 pm

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
i agree with ultimaraiden and a few others here as well, i think you guys are overreacting. i think they look pretty good here, it shows off another side of SCANDAL that we've never seen before. although haru's shorts may be a bit too close for comfort

i admit my thinking may be shallow as always, but what i feel is that this photoshoot is another form of self promotion. true, they are going to give first time viewers the wrong impression, but they're not going to do this all the time, in fact this may be the only time they're only going to do it. once they've gotten past the initial hurdle of getting people to start listening to their songs, they're only going to go further. i don't see how a few of such photos are going to prevent people from liking and supporting them as is yassu's case, i think that's a bit extreme. ok maybe it's just me, but i don't care what kind of photoshoots they appear in (as long as its not complete nudity), but as long as their music is good, i'll continue to listen to them and support them. i dunno about others, but that's just my basic philosophy when looking for new artists.

furthermore, to those who repeat "this is not the SCANDAL we know", i just have to say: times have changed, SCANDAL have changed, we can't expect them to stick to the same formula over and over again. they've already taken the first step out by exchanging their school uniforms with other costumes, we can only expect more changes, young people are generally more adventurous, it doesn't mean that just because we aren't, others cannot be. rina is already turning 21 this year, so they're all adults now, they have the intelligence to make their own decisions. and as young adults, im sure they have a desire to show off this side of them just at least once, and not to just play it safe for the rest of their career. i'm sure this photoshoot was their own choice, not sony's or whoever's idea, and that they believed this could help their exposure. all we can do is watch on, support them in whatever they do, and acknowledge the fact that they are slowly changing.

and rather off topic
souichiro-san wrote:Scandal,please leave this kinda "playboy mag. pics and photoshoots" stuff to the other Idol groups,who are enjoying playing this childish photoshoot things and works,thanks!

what do you mean childish photoshoots? if they are really like you and think photoshoots are childish the magazine section of this forum won't exist anymore. i get what you mean, but you could probably phrase your sentences a bit better i guess. and im sure they enjoyed the process as much as the other idol groups as well.

Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:33 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
yes, theyre changing but not to go to this kind of stuff. Its like theyre selling their image. And i think some dnt understand our feelings, its just easy for u to say like that and i think some of you are familiar/used to (with) japans way of like promoting their artists and just find it normal. After all its a mens mag

p.s. Just realised what i posted. Ppl will disagree on this. Im sure of it. Then lets see...

Back to top Go down