Weekly Playboy [Page 3 of 5]

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:19 pm


Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
@Metalleo

It was not that I wanted to say. I imagined jut the first once I saw pictures of SCANDAL, if I saw those pictures, I would have told to myself "It's just a band which want to sell, no do music" and therefore I would not be a fan of them, it's what I wanted to say.
Futhermore I understand that the time have changed etc...but it's not a reason for do a stuff like that, we all change everyday but we don't do things like that.
Moreover if we say "this is not the SCANDAL we know", it's just because for us, when we see those photos we don't think to SCANDAL...

After, if I say this, it's maybe because of my education, I don't know, but I imagine if it was my sister or one of my relatives instead one of the girls,I will totally disagree with that, for me this not means a change...


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely


SCANDAL is more than a band, it's a passion


==>Census of SCANDAL fans<==
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 pm


polysix

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I don't see what's all the fuss is about. They're wearing clothes and posing in a sexy way, what's the big deal? They're grown women and I can't speak for all girls, but sometimes we just want to feel sexy once in a while. It just sounds like people are complaining because they aren't looking like "your" Scandal, like their your little dolls in a glass case that you don't want anyone to touch. People are too over protective.

And don't say it's the japanese men's faults because there have been huge cases of "idols" doing something sexy or out of their normal way and recive enormous hate from their male fans. And they usually act the same way as some people saying "they're not supposed to be like that! Thats not how MY girls should act." the way you guys are acting is getting really close to "idol worship."

About the whole, they're just marketing their image, not music. They've already reached all the fans that they can with their music on their own. This is just so that they can gain exposure to a larger audience who would otherwise not even care who Scandal is. This is a huge opportunity for people to be curious about Scandal. They'll wonder," who are these pretty girls" and start reading more and discover "wow they play instruments? A girl band? Thats different! They aren't just beautiful girls but theyre talented too."

I'm sorry, that was a long rant. As you can see I care about the girls too, but I don't try to put them on such a high pedistal.



Last edited by polysix on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:34 pm


JosephRuela

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@polysix
Clap
nice speech
I do agree with you!!

when they were younger they used their high school students look to make marketing
now that they've grown up they are using their sexy look
it's not a big deal
im my country we have worst cases . . .


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm


Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
After reading the above posts I am starting to agree, that some of us are really overreacting. It seems the girls really went through with what they wanted to show with their LOVE SURVIVE PV, like getting rid of the school uniform.
Most people don't like changes, and this change was just a tiny little too abrupt for my taste.

The shots aren't too bad either, I see worse daily on TV, Magazines etc.
Just not used to seeing SCANDAL like that xD


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm


Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Okay here goes my 2 cents, first of, everyone can have different opinions over the same subject, so this thread should be a discussion, not trying to prove others wrong but to share reasons on why you think of this and why you say that, etc. Please discuss this in a polite way and remember that every member is entitled to their own opinion, even if you think its flawed, that is what YOU think.


polysix wrote:I don't see what's all the fuss is about. They're wearing clothes and posing in a sexy way, what's the big deal? They're grown women and I can't speak for all girls, but sometimes we just want to feel sexy once in a while. It just sounds like people are complaining because they aren't looking like "your" Scandal, like their your little dolls in a glass case that you don't want anyone to touch. People are too over protective.

And don't say it's the japanese men's faults because there have been huge cases of "idols" doing something sexy or out of their normal way and recive enormous hate from their male fans. And they usually act the same way as some people saying "they're not supposed to be like that! Thats not how MY girls should act." the way you guys are acting is getting really close to "idol worship."

About the whole, they're just marketing their image, not music. They've already reached all the fans that they can with their music on their own. This is just so that they can gain exposure to a larger audience who would otherwise not even care who Scandal is. This is a huge opportunity for people to be curious about Scandal. They'll wonder," who are these pretty girls" and start reading more and discover "wow they play instruments? A girl band? Thats different! They aren't just beautiful girls but theyre talented too."

I'm sorry, that was a long rant. As you can see I care about the girls too, but I don't try to put them on such a high pedistal.



I usually dont post in these type of threads but I think you hit the nail right in the head of what MY OWN opinion is. I believe as well that the pictures are good, the girls look sexy and all, but I have no right to say its right or wrong, as of what I feel, honestly, I dont mind it at all, I feel like they dropped the "high school" theme band when they dropped the uniforms and to me it was for the best, I think it shows growth in a more deep way than just looks. And that is just what I think of it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 am


Izayama33

Caless Student
Caless Student
kirei_kawaii^-^ wrote:I'm not really surprised that SCANDAL is in Playboy magazine. They've released shocking photos before. For example, in their very first official photo book that was a first press bonus included with their BEST SCANDAL album, there's one photo where Mami is grabbing Tomomi's boobs with both hands O.o & most of the photos in that photo book was too sexy & somewhat erotic.

Ah crap, now I gotta say the punch line here, my apologies in advance!
Here we go: "pics or it didn't happen."
I feel better now.

Now as for the WPB pics in question, I though they looked playful, flirty, pretty...they look great, but wheres Tomomi's tattoo(left arm)? Or did she never have one?


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties." - Erich Fromm

"...One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." - Nikola Tesla
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 am


jeshua239

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow every time I see an SCANDAL interview or photo im happy but this is the first time that I don't enjoy these photos but it's not the girls fault they have a staff and a manager that make contracts with magazines and tv shows so they have to do it. That's why I send a message via twitter to the staff telling that is not necessary to do that kind of pictures to have the love of all of their fans.

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 am


astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
@polysix well said, pretty much agree completely.

@Izayama33 she never had one. that rumor came from an old picture of her with a temporary tattoo.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:02 am


haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
4 words for this. MORE MUSIC LESS FLESH~ CANTA Depressed
it's hard to say but they're just building an enormous amount of HFM if this continues, and what if focus on THESE things more than what they originally were. being too manufactured is bad for me,for them. Onion Cry


_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”


l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:46 am


inocoma

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have to say at first I didn't care for the pics but it's more of a whatever but I agree with admin noodles and polysix. they are fully clothed and keep in mind they are all adults now and their music still rocks.

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:35 pm


holocaust

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hahaha! Sorry guys but I can't help to laugh about the comments. I was really scared while browsing through the digital copy of the magazine as have seen other women on very revealing shots. When I finished on the Scandal pages, it was really a relief! It's true that they have sexy and more flesh shots here but come on, there is not even a cleavage shot here! They are not on see-thru clothes as well. The only thing I find awkward here is finding them on an adult magazine. Still, I don't care as long as they won't go further than these. Just consider their clothes as summer outfits that you usually see on beaches.

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:40 pm


danny_warfield

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.warriorsofterrestria.wordpress.com
Can't say any word since all of you just saying what I really want to say

for me as long they not going Gravure (showing bikini shot, topless, or any of overshowing skin more close like nude etc), It's still okay for me

I see what they want to express in those photoshot is
"forget the uniforms, We're SCANDAL and it will summer soon right?"

(since they have been featured in weekly Playboy mags. several times ago, I do hope this kind of cloth [mini skirts, hot pants, tank top] the maximum that they taken shots [I means no more mini sized cloth like bikini or lingerie that brutally show their skin more than this Tongue])

Like all you guys hope, I always hope they doing the best for their music to be moar rocking and earcatchy... about image of maturity, let them decide it by their own minds

(eventough I more agree that the girls should be keep full closed clothe just like their Rock singer senior like Nanase Aikawa, and the range of SCANDAL fans I tought was also comes from the school students and child too)

beside that, altho Haru, Mami and Tomo ready to go Crazy, Rina still there to control them with her ellegance ideology (LOL, just my personal opinion, since Rina looks was try at least not too much attract any attention and how she behave like a noble gentle woman.. if you know what I means)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


MY DOUJINSHI TRIBUTE FOR SCANDAL
SCANDAL Funny Moment Doujinshi

Dear GOD, I promise, I'll become a good boy, so when I die, I could enter the heaven, and in there I could met and own the goddesses like HARU, MAMI, RINA and TOMO Please

MY ONLINE NOVEL
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 am


Ferdinand

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Well, this is just one man opinion but after seeing those picture I honestly think that they look elegant and very ladylike. The shock might be coming from the fact they did it in Playboy mag, but after seeing the picture I think it's okay, I don't get seduced or whatever words there is for it and They still wear clothes, stockings and etc. It feels like they trying to say that they are already grown up and that they are ladies now, not teenage or school girls anymore. I just wish them the best and hope they do what they want to do. Personally, no matter what they become, I'll always love them. For I love their personality and their smile.
Especially Tomomi-san

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:15 pm


azunyan1

Caless Student
Caless Student
hey! hey! hey!

ALL we can do is to support the BAND that's all! , stop saying that they're doing erotic poses etc etc when in the first place they're not! , if you think that way! then you're the ones who is erotic not them.

It's not only that our beloved BAND is growing up that's why they pose on a magazine like this. it's their job. please understand that in their line of profession,, things like this is inevitable. and there were always come a time that they need to explore on new heights, discover new things, in order to grow not only as an artist, but also as a lady.

So if you call yourself a FAN, then just support the GIRL'S in what they are doing. don't be so negative, just have FAITH!

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 pm


Raizer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hmmm.. Its fine as there is still the respect for them as amazing artists anyway. True they can be sexy without revealing too much but its still how much we respect them and their music... like the images though, kinda cute Onion Love

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 pm


kirei_kawaii^-^

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
[/quote]They maybe said that (they said it's 'pinkish' aren't they?), but it's not a s*x (why is this a 'bad word'?) shop or anything like that. It's just a kyabakura, which is the Japanese counterpart of hostess club.[/quote]

The youtube video I saw had English subtitles, and they did say they named their band after one of the s*x shops in the building they used to practice. It wasn't a hostess club or kyabakura. I really mean s*x shops that sell s*x toys & p*rn magazines. One of those shops was named SCANDAL & that's what they named their band after. This is why I think that they are very comfortable with sexuality & they are not afraid to show it to the public eye. Wearing really really short skirts where their panties are almost seen, alone, is enough proof of how comfortable they are with their sexuality.

By the way, for those who are interested in buying a copy of this magazine, you can order it here: http://smart.7netshopping.jp/magazine/detail/-/accd/1200611936/subno/1

It only costs 290 yen. I bought my copy using Celga service.

I thought that the group shot of them was pretty cool, that's why I bought the magazine.

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:09 am


Guest

Guest
ah man, I really don't like that they are posing for a magazine like "Playboy" this is not the first time one of my favorites disappoint me

what if they have young fans who chose Scandal as their idols ???
Hope they don't do it again


Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:29 pm


erina anire

International Performer
International Performer
ILOVERINASUZUKI21 wrote:
@two post above me: We are not overreacting, we are just afraid that our idols become idolize by the dumb peoples who just like erotics.

Although we know that SCANDAL won't do that nude thing because we know that SCANDAL is greatfull to their fans, especially Rina, and love themselves also...and that's the SCANDAL!!!

We want SCANDAL to become popular but not through this, but through musics.


yeah i agree with you.. i don't want to see them like that >.<


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


LOVELOVE

ダイスキ 大好き だいすき ダイスキ 大好き だいすき ダイスキ 大好き ダイスキ
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm


amz7250

Banned
Banned
yea fam, i get wat u guys mean, at first wen i saw it on my phone it didnt really bother me as much cos my phone quality is bad, but yea fam, 4 me its not bad as u say it, as long they dont show 2 much its ok i guess, but i do hope thats the last of these kind of photos they do, i dont want people 2 like them cos of the looks and how they dressed, i want people 2 like them of there personality and songs


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes


yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:53 pm


Kurain_TomoDachi31

Caless Student
Caless Student
after seeing the pics from the firsts pages.....i was really shocked my eyes was like WTF! wuuuttt !!!! because Ive saw a "different/unusual" Scandal because more flesh are seen.....
all of the comments has a Point.....ive agreed on some of them
But for me I also disagree of the fact that they are posing with these revealing clothes....some are thinking that others are overreacting (i think me also over reacted) but i think that is normal in a way that they just cant imagine if their (cute lovely pretty ) relatives, sister or anyone girl friends closed with them (that are really sticky on the eyes of men) doing that things seen by many people especially men (again)....it hurts our feeling even a bit
...but if you think of the other side it may be because it is it may be because that scandal just want to explore the world of fashion or being an adult and they did not oppose doing that thing.. they enjoy that thing in a way too...and plus the staff team/management also confirmed this photo shoots to be done on playboy magazine for men because it may be their Strategy for scandal to reach other fields ..what i mean is when people, example a man saw the picture of cute ladies wearing that kinds of clothes he may be interested of that group...until he will discover that it was the "Scandal"... a band and hell realize that they are not Idols.........on a conclusion that we need to think of the other points of them doing it

i hope i made sense on what im saying Sweating hehe

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:00 pm


Guest

Guest
Kurain_TomoDachi31 wrote:
...but if you think of the other side it may be because it is it may be because that scandal just want to explore the world of fashion or being an adult and they did not oppose doing that thing.. they enjoy that thing in a way too...and plus the staff team/management also confirmed this photo shoots to be done on playboy magazine for men because it may be their Strategy for scandal to reach other fields ..what i mean is when people, example a man saw the picture of cute ladies wearing that kinds of clothes he may be interested of that group...until he will discover that it was the "Scandal"... a band and hell realize that they are not Idols.........on a conclusion that we need to think of the other points of them doing it

i hope i made sense on what im saying Sweating hehe

make sense, but anyway hope they don't do it again

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:59 am


ragna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thanks for the new scans

the girls came out beautiful as always XD


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:12 pm


ichan69

Caless Student
Caless Student
are too serious ... Scandal is scandal with or without clothes ... learn to grow ... they already learned Pinch

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:43 am


DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
ganstream1 wrote:BEST SCANDAL photobook. This reminds me of.
I had the same feeling. I agree that SCANDAL has always flirted with marketing themselves using their "assets" albeit very mild. Nevertheless, their music, attitude and themselves as persons always shone first for me. Those 3 things always made me a fan amidst hurdles like the aforementioned "marketing strategy".

But, I can relate with the guys who are reacting to the pics. They may or may not be overreacting depending on your opinion but as people who care about a certain someone or a group, you can't help but feel sad, outraged or surprised when they go to a direction which you don't want them to. I for one don't approve with SCANDAL marketing themselves this way but hey, what can I do? I just hope and pray, like the others here, that the girls won't go further from this.

No matter how you think it looks normal depending on your opinion, you have to admit that the intention of the pics is clearly to provoke "interest" in a way which other fans here don't completely agree with. Thus the "reaction". I hope we all discuss this in a nice and respectful way because everyone has their own opinions. Happy btw, I'm also serious like some of the others here because I am a "serious SCANDAL fan". Wink


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Weekly Playboy
Posted on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:42 am


bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
DUL7 wrote:
ganstream1 wrote:BEST SCANDAL photobook. This reminds me of.
I had the same feeling. I agree that SCANDAL has always flirted with marketing themselves using their "assets" albeit very mild. Nevertheless, their music, attitude and themselves as persons always shone first for me. Those 3 things always made me a fan amidst hurdles like the aforementioned "marketing strategy".

But, I can relate with the guys who are reacting to the pics. They may or may not be overreacting depending on your opinion but as people who care about a certain someone or a group, you can't help but feel sad, outraged or surprised when they go to a direction which you don't want them to. I for one don't approve with SCANDAL marketing themselves this way but hey, what can I do? I just hope and pray, like the others here, that the girls won't go further from this.

No matter how you think it looks normal depending on your opinion, you have to admit that the intention of the pics is clearly to provoke "interest" in a way which other fans here don't completely agree with. Thus the "reaction". I hope we all discuss this in a nice and respectful way because everyone has their own opinions. Happy btw, I'm also serious like some of the others here because I am a "serious SCANDAL fan". Wink

I liked how you said "provoked" cause to be honest the clothing is fine its just that it "provokes" an outrage and interest. You know the girls don't dress like that a regular basis and its quite obvious its a photoshoot which they were asked to do...


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down