TomomixOgawa

International Performer
International Performer
Yesterday, me and one of my best friends were reminiscing about the scandal concert in Singapore back in September. We started to wonder why they were so strict about the no photography and video taking during the concert. So strict, that when we were in the Lasalle theatre before they started, I took a photo of the empty stage with my phone and security came up to me and told me to delete in front of them. The lights were on and they weren't even on stage yet.
I mean, wouldn't taking photos and videos at their concert advantage scandal? If someone were to post their concert videos on youtube, or any social networking site they would be sure to gain a lot more fans from it. I have seen a lot of posts in SH about trying to get scandal more well known. After sony went on a deleting spree on youtube, you can hardly find any scandal MV's around.
Another thing, I've been to a lot of other American and Korean concerts such as Justin Bieber, Avril Lavigne and SHINee. A million people were taking photos and videos. Look at how famous they are now?
Just thought I would like to get this across.

Back to top Go down

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Thats what I don't get as well... I think its strict copyright issues and the fact that its hard to play and concentrate when you have a ton of cameras flashing in front on your face.
Yet SNSD as famous as they are and could apply this strict no recording rule SM entertainment has no problem with theirs SONES doing Fancam.

I feel that Sony should allow fancam at SCANDAL shows, it will promote SCANDAL and I don't see any harm in that unless people video the whole show and sell it for profit... (maybe thats why Sony doesn't allow it)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Flare

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Anyway, I've taken a fancam during a concert and I regretted it totally. I couldn't enjoy the concert one bit and the video I got was terrible and could never gave me the experience that I could have enjoyed.

Trust me, you don't wanna be shooting videos when you should be rocking out.

And yes, for the sake of you guys, I actually shot the HMV@313 autograph session, it was miserable looking at the girls on the tiny video screen, fortunately the videos came out pretty ok except for the shaky start.

Back to top Go down

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well I don't think most of us would want to spend the hole time in the concert filming... but what we are trying to say is that maybe some photos here and there, and no harm is done, and you can also view those photos again and remember how awesome it was, and of course, show it to everyone, and say "I was there" *awesome face*. Hohoho Onion

I remember that watching some of the official videos from the shows made me want to go to one 1000 times more.

Just watching your video of the autograph session and I was already pumped up. Onion Shine Again, thanks for going trough all the trouble for it. xD

Back to top Go down

Flare

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hee... I'll let the poor official and media photog do the job while I rock out and 大合唱 with the girls~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
But I do agree that the perspective from the audience do sometimes make one feel like he is actually there at the live, as compared to looking at the professionally taken photos.

It's a tough debate LOL

Back to top Go down

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
chiy102 wrote:But I do agree that the perspective from the audience do sometimes make one feel like he is actually there at the live, as compared to looking at the professionally taken photos.

I can't find any good examples so I don't know if this will make sense lol, but sometimes when an amateur video has "bad" sound it gives me more of a feeling of being there live, since in person the live sound has that sort of over-blown loudness to it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Social networks: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
As far as I know it's to prevent bootlegging. Meaning, it's to prevent people from making audio/video recordings then selling/sharing them afterwards thus "devaluing" the event.

Not all artists are particular about this and a lot depends on the management of the artiste or the event organiser or both.

Personally I think it sucks.

Other concerns can include the use of flash photography and video lighting and its effect on performers. Again, not all artists are concerned about this.

Back to top Go down

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
i'm okay for no photographing or recording in live perform, because if you busy taking photographing while their performance, you won't have the time to rock and roll. and sometimes, people sell their picture or video, and what i know is it's not legal.

but i don't understand why they bother the mv(s) on youtube or other site. i think it's just makes them busy. and if they don't want the fan upload the video, why they don't just upload it by themselves? what i know is that its legal. many artist have a lot of their mv on youtube, and that's uploaded by the label. are they afraid the mv got copied and sold illegaly? for me, that action just make scandal's fan (including me) tired of searching their mv.
Hot

me: GENKI DESU~ Onion Shy

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Simply put, they already have professionals doing so, and said professionals are probably going to compile said tape into a DVD, which would then be packaged and sold into one DVD which costs an arm and a leg.

I guess it's also to stop illegal bootlegging, I mean some people can say that cellphone vids suck and it's not really a true representation, but if the management allows recording and such, what if some crazed fan bought an actual camera with a tripod and used it to record the whole live? It's much easier to just stamp them out totally.

Sides, I'm pretty sure this is common everywhere else in Japan. AFAIK, you can't even bring your cellphones into certain live houses.

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't think I ever saw someone bring a camera with a tripod to record a live show... People usually go just to enjoy it... and what we are saying is not to record the hole thing or even spam photos, but maybe a photo here a photo there, some part of your favorite song... as 320x200, even those "bad" pictures or videos taken by you, give more of a feeling of a live show sometimes. But anyway... I don't really mind it. Just being in a live show is already awesome enough for me.

On the other hand, having a official channel in youtube would really help in my opinion. For example, I for one, never buy any CD/DVD whatever with musics if I have not heard at least some of the musics, from any given band, at least once... and that's where having a official channel in youtube would really help... or at least allow their musics to be on youtube. It is very easy for someone curious to just go and search there... who knows? Maybe that person becomes a huge fan and bring even more people to enjoy them.

Back to top Go down

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
So we don't get too far off-topic, there is a thread and giveaway contest about encouraging them to start an official channel here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)

Social networks: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hammer wrote:I don't think I ever saw someone bring a camera with a tripod to record a live show... People usually go just to enjoy it... and what we are saying is not to record the hole thing or even spam photos, but maybe a photo here a photo there, some part of your favorite song... as 320x200, even those "bad" pictures or videos taken by you, give more of a feeling of a live show sometimes. But anyway... I don't really mind it. Just being in a live show is already awesome enough for me.

On the other hand, having a official channel in youtube would really help in my opinion. For example, I for one, never buy any CD/DVD whatever with musics if I have not heard at least some of the musics, from any given band, at least once... and that's where having a official channel in youtube would really help... or at least allow their musics to be on youtube. It is very easy for someone curious to just go and search there... who knows? Maybe that person becomes a huge fan and bring even more people to enjoy them.

Well yeah, I'm not saying it's commonplace, but it MIGHT happen. And let's face it, Japan has some of the most obsessed fan/otakus ever, I wouldn't put it past them to do it if given the chance. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for taking fan pictures and videos, they are like souvenirs only you can have, but yeah, at the same time I can relate why Sony/Epic wouldn't allow it.

And again, I don't think Sony/Epic considers SCANDAL big enough to warrant a Youtube channel. The only Japanese artists I know who has a legitimate channel is like...AKB48, and every single they release is pretty much guaranteed a number 1 spot on Oricon. SCANDAL can't compete with that, and neither should they. At any rate, I'm pretty sure SCANDAL is active on Nico Nico, the Japanese equivalent of Youtube.

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down