Sakura vs Sakura goodbye
Posted on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:57 pm

ayucookietime

Caless Student
Caless Student
dear scandalous fans. Here is my only beef with Scandal: before they recorded "Sakura Goodbye" as their second single, the song was originally just "Sakura." You can see and hear the difference on a couple of older live performances on Youtube. I was seriously dissapointed when the newer version came out because it turned into a pseudo-ballad. it sounded watered down. the original is soooo much better. just watch the awesome guitar rift work by mami. it just rocks out! does anyone agree with me? what are the chances we could petition them for a b-side of this song? anyone?

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakura vs Sakura goodbye
Posted on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:13 pm

rreizend

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://theflyinglemon.wordpress.com
i remember knowing this before but i never got the chance to watch the original one! mind posting it? thanks

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:55 am

ayucookietime

Caless Student
Caless Student
i hope this is within forum rules so here we go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the song takes on a whole new energy in its original raw form and rocks so hard when the girls perfome it live (devil horn sign with hand!)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 am

asagi132

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://asagi132.wordpress.com/
I don't understand what a pseudo-ballad is, but personally I liked Sakura Goodbye better...
The lyrics are better, because they choose a nicer words and it also sounds better to the whole song...

As for the instruments, I don't understand music that much, but I think this song really shows us that they're really trying hard in music and have improved in their personal skills...
The most different sound you can hear is MAMI's guitar and TOMOMI's bass parts...
If you mute MAMI's guitar part and amplify HARUNA's, Sakura Goodbye generally sounds pretty much like SAKURA...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 am

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
Well, Sakura Goodbye has some nice lyrics. The only difference is the opening and the second part. Both choruses are the same with the exception of the latter part and Haruna saying "Sakura......"

As for its music, can't really say its not good or bad. I'm just a listener.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:05 pm

nekomimi190220

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
personally i like the Sakura goodbye better since it really have nice lyrics xD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:27 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
What i can say is,

Sakura has a more raw and uncut sound,it sounds exactly what SCANDAL,or any other band would sound like when they first compose songs together,a first-time-jamming-together-in-a-garage type of thing.For Sakura Goodbye,the producer spruced it up to make it sound more likeable to the masses,like adding "Hello Gubbai" to the song,adding an intro riff,that sorta thing.To me,i like both versions,as they're both rocks songs.Hell yeah.\m/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Kurotaka

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I prefer Sakura Good bye ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
After listening to them both, I still like Sakura goodbye more. :>

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:21 pm

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
My thoughts are as the same of Eugene. It's not bad to like them both eh. Happy Onion

As for a B-side of that, hmmmm why not. They did a B-side of the original Yumemiru, so the original SAKURA is not that impossible to happen.

---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

|| [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ||
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm

rreizend

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://theflyinglemon.wordpress.com
yeah.. i dont want to divide my opinions i just hope they put SAKURA on later singles

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:37 pm

jac-kira

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.phentos.forosactivos.net
I prefer Sakura Good bye Clap

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:42 am

coolboy45

Caless Student
Caless Student
: (

i thought it is the same song so never try to check it out

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:14 am

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
i prefer sakura goodbye but its just plain epic. it has more of a "pseudo-ballad" type feel as you say because i think it fits in better to what they were going for, which was to commemorate Tomomi and Mami's graduation. the more garage-rock type version wouldnt fit very well with that type of situation dont you think? just my opinion.

but still, i like listening to the old version too cause its nice to take a step back and see something from its roots and also to see how far theyve come Smile

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:30 am

lotusnipe

Caless Student
Caless Student
I still prefer Sakura Goodbye. I think it suits the theme of graduation more.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:59 am

alrick13

I prefer Sakura Goodbye more maybe because I'm use in hearing it. I think in Music the version you first hear or used to will always be the better since it has already grown into you....

It will be nice if they will release it like they did with Yume Miru Tsubasa x Yumemiru Koro wo Sugitemo

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:10 am

IScandal

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I did not listen to sakura before. Any link to the video? =Dp

HARUNA TOMOMI MAMI RINA
SCANDAL FOREVER

★★★★★
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 pm

guinoro

Caless Student
Caless Student
The files has been removed. Could you post them again

Back to top Go down