RINA playing solo guitar on Koshi Tantan?
Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:14 am

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Instead Mami, Rina was the one who play solo guitar on Koshi Tantan..
She like to playing around in the studio with guitar effect.
I found it out on this site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Check it out,guys!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Re: RINA playing solo guitar on Koshi Tantan?
Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
But Rina plays drums so how could she play guitar... what do you mean?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:15 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
「KOSHI-TANTAN」のノイジーなギターソロはRINAで
 スタジオにあったエフェクターを繋ぎまくってメチャクチャ弾いたとのこと。

My Japanese isn't very good at all, but the bolded line says "The noisy Koshi-Tantan solo is by Rina." The rest of that sentence I'm less sure about, something to the effect of her messing around with effects to fill in while in the studio. I could be completely wrong there but that first line I'm very, very sure about.

If this is true, it's very, very interesting. I do know that she bought an electric guitar starter kit (one of those cheapo all-in-one guitar/amp/accessories deal) while in high school (read about it in a blog post if not mistaken, something about her guitar's neck being warped after not being played in a long time).

She should totally take up guitar playing again. It's good for her. It's good for every musician to know more than one instrument.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:31 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
macdyne73 wrote:「KOSHI-TANTAN」のノイジーなギターソロはRINAで

My Japanese isn't very good at all, but the bolded line says "The noisy Koshi-Tantan solo is by Rina." The rest of that sentence I'm less sure about, something to the effect of her messing around with effects to fill in while in the studio. I could be completely wrong there but that first line I'm very, very sure about.

If this is true, it's very, very interesting. I do know that she bought an electric guitar starter kit (one of those cheapo all-in-one guitar/amp/accessories deal) while in high school (read about it in a blog post if not mistaken, something about her guitar's neck being warped after not being played in a long time).

She should totally take up guitar playing again. It's good for her. It's good for every musician to know more than one instrument.

Oh Ok that makes more sense! Wow she can now play Piano, Drums and Guitar SHE CAN BE A ONE MAN BAND~!!!

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:47 am

tomo13

International Performer
International Performer
http://tom8loz.tumblr.com/
I Hope there will be a video when rina is already playing Guitar:D
So cool of her Nice One

and i agreed bleachnlife:D she can be a one man band Clap

ToHaRiMa=SCANDAL is The Best Band Of The WORLD!!!  Rich

SCANDAL  BAND Yow!    Balloon .
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:49 pm

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Yup, actually it's kinda late info. When I'm translate it, as per [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says, Yup, it's correct! Rina has a hobby to mess around with the guitar effect while she's in the studio..
FYI, Rina is able to play guitar. She had learn it since high school.
Here's my translation of those info in that site..

・「KOSHI-TANTAN」のノイジーなギターソロはRINAで、

Rina play the noisy guitar solo on ‘Koshi Tantan’. She play it wildly
while messing around on the effect at the studio.

・エフェクターボードを見てる時が一番萌えてる瞬間とのこと。
 エフェクターを分解してハンダゴテでいじくるのが趣味。

To take a closer look on an effect board is a most enjoyable time for
Rina. Her hobbies is to play and messing around with those effects.

・ギターは高1の時にアンプ等の付いた安い初心者用セットを購入。

In her first grade of high school, Rina bought a cheap beginner set guitar equipped with an amplifier.

Maybe there's a lot more info about SCANDAL we didn't know. Coz lot of them were in japanese language..That's why I'd like to share this info to you, guys. Yoroshiku..!

Last edited by jigoku79 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 pm

tomo13

International Performer
International Performer
http://tom8loz.tumblr.com/
Wow! Thanks Jigoku79:D Now Rina's Getting more Interesting..and will be more interesting in the next days:D tnx for the translations by the way:D and i agreed there are more hidden information in those japanese articles scattered..all we need is a right and not quite exact but clear translation:D and you did a good one:D
thanks again:)

Nice One Praise

ToHaRiMa=SCANDAL is The Best Band Of The WORLD!!!  Rich

SCANDAL  BAND Yow!    Balloon .
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Tama-ko

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ameblo.jp/minami-tamako
Waa~ RINA sugoii~
She can play piano, drum, and guitar too!!
I wanna be like her.. TTATT

Aa~ I wanna see her plays guitar OwO✧

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Sabroni

Caless Student
Caless Student
That makes a lot of sense! Mami always seems very controlled in her solos, playing a clear melody, but the solo in Koshi-tantan is all over the place (in a good way, it's one of my favourite Scandal tunes). Wonder if we'll be hearing more of Rina's crazy guitar breaks, I hope so!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:38 am

Chiyoko

Banned
Banned
I know Rina plays drums so how could she play guitar.. honestly Rina's crazy guitar breaks, I hope so!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:47 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
This is news to me, thanks for the great share, everyone~~!!

And Rina always says she thinks the guitarist is the coolest, it makes sense that she would have tried it out on her own (^o^)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Erm, while I do support the notion of Rina playing the electric guitar, the sentence says that Rina played with guitar EFFECTS, it didn't necessarily say that Rina played the solo. She might have just been tweaking with the distortions for all we know, instead of actually playing the guitar. But then again, my Japanese isn't pitch perfect, so I might be wrong, but I don't think it says Rina was playing the guitar.

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:14 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Paladinoras wrote:Erm, while I do support the notion of Rina playing the electric guitar, the sentence says that Rina played with guitar EFFECTS, it didn't necessarily say that Rina played the solo. She might have just been tweaking with the distortions for all we know, instead of actually playing the guitar. But then again, my Japanese isn't pitch perfect, so I might be wrong, but I don't think it says Rina was playing the guitar.

KOSHI-TANTAN」のノイジーなギターソロはRINAで.

This line says it literally. Whether it's true or not, that depends on the writer of the original article.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 pm

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
macdyne73 wrote:
Paladinoras wrote:Erm, while I do support the notion of Rina playing the electric guitar, the sentence says that Rina played with guitar EFFECTS, it didn't necessarily say that Rina played the solo. She might have just been tweaking with the distortions for all we know, instead of actually playing the guitar. But then again, my Japanese isn't pitch perfect, so I might be wrong, but I don't think it says Rina was playing the guitar.

KOSHI-TANTAN」のノイジーなギターソロはRINAで.

This line says it literally. Whether it's true or not, that depends on the writer of the original article.

Thanks @macdyne for your support..@paladinoras: actually rina could play guitar, she learned it since her first grade of high school. you could copy the line that macdyne gave to you, and paste it to google translate from japan to english..(it's a simple japanese sentence pattern actually).
But you are correct for the point that she's not playing it decently, instead she play the guitar while messing around with the guitar effects to create the sound of guitar solo that we've heard on koshi tantan. It may all over the place, but somehow (imo) the melody fits with the rhythm guitar (not out of pitch, i guess). As far as I know, we couldn't play around only with the guitar effects without playing the guitar too.

And as @Sabroni says, Mami always very careful on her solo guitar and mostly she play her live solo guitar similarly to the album version. But when they play Koshi Tantan live, she didn't play the solo similarly to the album, instead she create another melody. That's how it makes sense to me that Rina is the one who actually play the solo guitar on studio version..hope it's clear for you.

note: Mami can play guitar and drum. Rina could play drum and keyboard. And guitar too, though she's not as skillful as Mami. It's make sense to me if sometimes they would like to exchange their instrument..for reference, you could watch mami plays rina drum on SCANDAL 24 hour tour documentary on youtube. thanks.

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:18 am

ILOVERINASUZUKI21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks jigoku-san and macdyne-san Praise

I've learn a lot Love Thumbs Onion

Focus your mind and use your imagination to see my Siggy Evil Grin

~You can call me Risu... (´•ω•`)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:16 am

gaLa_LiannE08

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If I'm not mistaken, on their BA tour, Rina was photographed holding Mami's guitar on stage.. Hmmm Well, she looks like she was just playing around but still...there is a possibility that she played it. Clap

Oohh, I can't wait to watch that!..And it is great to know that it was Rina who was playing the guitar solo in the Koshi Tantan! Amazed
Must listen again....hahaha

Thanks for the info guys!..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 am

Alisson-ru

Caless Student
Caless Student
gaLa_LiannE08 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, on their BA tour, Rina was photographed holding Mami's guitar on stage.. Well, she looks like she was just playing around but still...there is a possibility that she played it.

Oohh, I can't wait to watch that!..And it is great to know that it was Rina who was playing the guitar solo in the Koshi Tantan!
Must listen again....hahaha

Thanks for the info guys!..

Hi ^^

can you send me the video link on that Rina-Senpai is playing guitar?

Allくん(Alisson)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:30 pm

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
^ There is no video. It's just a sentence in an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] written in Japanese translated by the one who posted this thread. Read the top posts if you want more info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 pm

RinaJa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://rinaja90@gmail.com
If I have not read this, it would never have occurred to me. There really is a part in the song where the guitar is played in a not-mami-like way. COOL RinaX!!!! Amazed

CANTA Angel
SCANDAL FOR LIFE!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 am

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ah. this is so coool! i guess the latest pic of Rina holding Mami's guitar makes more sense.. Mami holding Rina's drumsticks is not new to me since i've seen her play the drums~

~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 am

Riichan48

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
FOR REEEAAAL??!!

i hope there's a video of it..
in my imagination, that so EPIC really!
she's really a multi-instrumentalist..
that's why i love her so much!!!! ♥♥♥
whoah.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 am

alemicon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
That's enlightening..

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps. - by somebody on FFN

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:59 am

Nodivingjeff

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Cool too know that Rina came up with the guitar solo for Koshi Tan Tan. It doesn't surprise me that much. From my own experience playing in a band if you have people that are talented enough they always like too mess around with other instruments.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:57 am

AnaInvento

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Want to see RinaX playing the guitar LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Takoyaki

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
jigoku79 wrote:・「KOSHI-TANTAN」のノイジーなギターソロはRINAで、

Rina play the noisy guitar solo on ‘Koshi Tantan’. She play it wildly
while messing around on the effect at the studio.

・エフェクターボードを見てる時が一番萌えてる瞬間とのこと。
 エフェクターを分解してハンダゴテでいじくるのが趣味。

To take a closer look on an effect board is a most enjoyable time for
Rina. Her hobbies is to play and messing around with those effects.

・ギターは高1の時にアンプ等の付いた安い初心者用セットを購入。

In her first grade of high school, Rina bought a cheap beginner set guitar equipped with an amplifier.

Maybe there's a lot more info about SCANDAL we didn't know. Coz lot of them were in japanese language..That's why I'd like to share this info to you, guys. Yoroshiku..!
Arigatou for the translation!!! You are right. I thought I already know enough info about them. But I didn't know that Rina's also good in guitar!

LOVE
Love
Back to top Go down