Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
mody-kun wrote:I have a family problem which might be the reason why my dreams will vanish, and my life will be completely destroyed
can't say more than that, but pray for me people please
Keep trying, if something is holding you back then drop it, wether it is family or whatever, it does not matter, I've had so many friends that have quit their dreams because a family member tells them to, do what YOU want.
I know a lot of the members in the forum are young, most under 18, so here goes the advice I've applied in the past 3 years and how happy i've been living.
1) If you dont like something, dont do things that will get you around that thing you dislike, sounds easy enough right? Well the trick is in where you apply it, to me, I dislike drama very much, I hate when people just get pissed for no reason, start to annoy me and the such, so what do I do? I leave the room where they are, I just avoid the situation completely, you got annoyed by something and start saying degrading coments about me or start making fun of me? cool, have fun without me, I rather be at a place I enjoy being, such as my house, another friends house, wherever, just avoid the situation.
2) You feel offended? Say it. Countless times will your friends put you nicknames because you do/eat/say something, if any of these nicknames hurt you for whatever reason, just freaking say it, it will save you YEARS of awkwardness and embarassment because you are called that way, if they dont stop after you've said it hurts you, then you should be looking into making new friends.
3) The people you hang out with the most are not necesarilly your best friends, look deeper, would you trust them with something important? Would they help you in a very difficult situation or would they laugh at you? Dont judge a book by its cover, I met my best friend at my last year of high school after being in the same class for 4 years and wasted 4 years of awesomeness that could've happened, I made poor choices when I was young and was an idiot, I've learned from my mistakes and now I judge absolutely nobody.
4) Pick a career that you like and are passionate about, dont study something because it will bring you money or because any of your family members did it, I studied computer science because my dad was an engineer and I hated, I wouldnt say I wasted 2 years of my life because I learned a lot in university but I wish I had chosen the right career for what I wanted and not tried to do what my dad did.
5) Make as many friends or acquaintances as you can, you never know when they might need someone with your skills and it can lead to you knowing more people or even getting a job!
6) Be curious, I have lived many years without even caring about anything, just living the day, letting it pass by without me learning anything, I now ask plenty of questions to my friends about their culture, their religion, their customs and things that I do not do and would love to know more about, I do research on the internet about things that interest me, my favorite bands, new bands that I stumble upon while listening to the radio, big idols and important people that have changed the world, etc.
7) If you like someone or you think they look good, say it. You'll brighten their day and it will make them feel better.
These are all from my own personal experiences and are things I wished I knew when I was younger.