Black Ops Best Video game ending of all time
Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:01 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Okay, I just read this:
Spoiler:
Source: http://www.destructoid.com/fans-vote-black-ops-for-best-videogame-ending-of-all-time-221544.phtml

I can't believe this. I am not a a CoD Fanboy or hater, I enjoy the games a little. But BEST Ending of all time?
I don't know if this is supposed to be some kind of joke?
Like I don't think it's a bad game, but it didn't have a mind blowing plot last time I played it.
I could give a bunch of games right of the bat with a better ending in my opinion...
I just don't know what to say to this. Who did they ask to get those data?
Anybody else has an opinion?

Black Ops Best Video game ending of all time TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Re: Black Ops Best Video game ending of all time
Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 am

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Bullshit, bunch of fanboys voting for their favorite games (which is usually the latest they played) Halo is there as well, also a bunch of fanboys.

everyone knows that the best ending of all time goes to Age of empires 2.... wait... .hmmm.

Ok now jokes aside (even though age 2 is still my fav game xD) im not saying I don't like those games... black ops is cool although I am not a big fan... but Halo is amazing, I love it, (co-op has a lot to do with it but anyway, it is cool). I cant see how pokemon can be there either... I haven't played this last one but at least from the others... they have pretty much the same story and ending. And they are usually not that moving.
Starcraft: wings of liberty is an rts and has a better ending then the ones at teh top of the list... and what an ending... i didn't expect it at all. Put chrono trigger on the list or earthbound... then it is fare. Anyway my opinion

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:21 am

Hagalaz

Hagalaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well... I don't actually remember the Black Ops ending... I guess that's a pretty accurate way to say that I didn't find it amazing at all.

As Hammer said, it probably came down to the fan base voting for their favourite games far before judging whether the ending was considered good or not. I don't put much weight behind any scoring or ranking system at all let alone one where all results are gained from the user base. Those systems are far too easily swayed by large, vocal fan bases for them to have any credibility in my eyes.

Even scoring systems of 1-10 or 1-100 etc. where results are gained from critics and not the user base can be challenged as far as their credibility goes because you don't know what goes on behind the scenes and, more importantly, how can you accurately define a game within a number range?

Take Metacritic for example on "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning

One of these critics gave the game a 100/100 score... That indicates to me that it is absolutely flawless from every possible angle. That's not the case. The inventory system is not flawless instead it is kind of clunky in places and I noticed characters sliding along the ground mid-step instead of the foot making solid, unmoving contact with the ground. How did it warrant a perfect 100/100? It didn't.
Rant over! haha.

Basically it's more likely CoD Black Ops didn't have the best ending, just the biggest/loudest fan base.

Last edited by Hagalaz on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:28 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Subjective and bias, it's not like people aren't entitled to have their own opinion. Let them think what they want - since everyone have their own favourite games. :p

Black Ops Best Video game ending of all time Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
They can have their own opinions, but Reachie asked our opinions about the results, so that was it. Besides, the poll was the best ending of all times, not your favorite game, so people should vote according to that, otherwise I would vote age of empires 2 that doesn't even have a story to begin with. what about super mario bros. The majority voted their favorite game, witch I have nothing against, but best ending?
So they could have either not played any other games or only few other games (true there could be some but not so many), witch I doubt, or they didn't care.

But yes subjective and bias indeed you are right, specially with the amount of fans black ops has, i'm surprised skyrim didn't get there, with the amount of fans it has.

Rant over!² =P

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.