Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012
Posted Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Alistare

Alistare

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow, Scandal really is amazing! .Not only are they always doing concerts and live TV performances, but they keep new material coming out regularly as well. .hail.

But I also agree that if they don't take a little time to rest that they may wear them selves out too fast and be forced to go on a long break to recover. Waaa Onion

There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil Gaiman

Speaking of hearts, mine is in Japan. With Mami-chan! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:46 am

Takeshi

Takeshi

Caless Student
Caless Student
I hope I'm able to go... LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 am

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
any SH members going to the Nagano stop?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:05 am

feldegast

Caless Student
Caless Student
anyone heading for the concert in Kyoto on the 6th?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 pm

oira

oira

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://kidankan.wordpress.com/
uah,a tour again!
i hope that the girls dont feel tired of much lives SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 968884
whatever.....even that i would like to go to japan just right now to see a single concert!

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Peru
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 pm

atsuke

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hey girls how are you, here in peru we're excited for your songs and your photos....I hope to come to Peru have many fans here also await with much success on tourSCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 572615

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

June 11, 2012
Venue: Junk Box
City: Nagano 
Capacity: 400

Intro Song: Drive My Car - The Beatles

Set List:
1. Taiyou To Kimi Ga Egaku Story 
2. S.L. Magic
3. Sono Toki, Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain
4. GIRLism
5. Shunkan Sentimental
> Talk
6. Ring!Ring!Ring!
> Tomomi Bass Solo
7. Rock 'n' Roll Widow
> Talk
8. Welcome Home
9. HARUKAZE
10. SWITCH
11. SCANDAL BABY
> Talk
12. Taiyou SCANDALOUS
13. LOVE SURVIVE
14. BEAUTeen!!
15. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH (Extended Funk-style Intro)
16. DOLL

Encore:
> Talk
- Space Ranger

The Experience:
This live was exhilarating, wonderful, and horrible all rolled into one. The venue is the Junk Box which sits on the top floor of a department store which was interesting. In fact, one floor below is a Daiso. 

As with every SCANDAL live that I've been to, the line up to get in was confusing. The doors opened at 7:30pm but I decided to swing by early to make sure I could find the place. I dropped by at 3:30pm and to my surprise, there were about 40 people in line already. Team SCANDAL was still setting up the merchandise table so I decided to come back later.  

When I returned at 5:00pm, the merch table was processing people at full speed. As it turns out, the line I saw wasn't the line to get in but the line to buy stuff.  I got in the long line but it went super fast. After I got my souvenirs, I looked for the line for the show itself. Everyone was loitering around with no line to be found. I situated myself at the entrance among a cluster of other people. 

Team SCANDAL finally came out and yelled some unrecognizable things over a horrible bull horn. I went over to investigate. As it turns out that even though the tickets were for standing room only, they had a line up order number on them. People were To line up according to the number to get in. The official capacity of Junk Box is 400, I had ticket 325. This wasn't good. Also, I noticed that others had ticket numbers over 430. I'm wondering if they packed more people than they were supposed to. 

So I file in, and it's just as I thought. I was 3/4 the way back. It was a small room, and it was already getting hot and sweaty inside even before the live started. My friend (who is a girl) and i were sandwiched by people from all sides. I felt bad for her because she couldn't see a thing other than people's backs. 

When the intro music started, people started pushing and all of a sudden we found ourselves riding this wave of humanity closer towards the stage. By the first song, we ended up about 7 rows of people back from the stage. 

We were squished to the point where I couldn't even bring my arms up. You had no control of your body, people were just smashed up against you. This was not pleasant. My friend still couldn't see a thing, in fact I noticed a lot of girls got smashed and were pushed aside by the rowdy guys. I was very surprised SCANDAL didn't have an all girls section like they've had before at their other lives. 

So mid way through the concert, a couple of people were removed near the front for nearly passing out due to the heat and pressure. My friend impressed me, she decided to try to push her way to the front so she could see something. I followed and helped her push our way forward. Mid way through the concert and she still hasn't seen the girls at all. And we were only 7 rows back. That's how crazy that place was. 

Soon we were only 5 rows back, center stage and for the remainder of the live we were more or less in that position. Being only about 7 or 8 feet from the stage, she still couldn't see anything. At most she could see the top of Mami's head and catch a quick look at Haru or Tomo when peoples heads were lined up right. She couldn't see their uniforms, their instruments, or even their complete faces. She never got to see Rina. That sucks. Especially since we were right in front of them!  Being 6 feet tall, I luckily got to see most everything by jumping up or standing on the tips of my toes. 

The heat and sweat in there was gross and unbearable. On my right I had a guy's armpit sweat soak the right sleeve of my t-shirt so that his sweat dripped down my arm, to my left there was this guy that kept pushing has long dripping with sweat hair into my shoulder soaking my tee. Gross gross gross. When people twirled their towels, sweat droplets rained down on your face. I got other people's sweat in my eyes and on my lips. It was really nasty. And that's not even mentioning the smell. Sour, mildewy, just gross. 

I know why the venue is called the Junk Box. Because the guy behind me kept grinding his "junk box" onto my rear end with great ferocity when he jumped around - which was the whole time. I had to elbow him in the gut a couple of times to let him know that I was not interested. 

A lot happened during the live and I was so distracted by the crowd I can only give glimpses into how the live went. 

Those hand drawn IDO LIVE signs you see Rina post of her blog - all of the members came out with their own drawn signs when they made their way on stage. 

They talked a few times during the live. They talked about Nagano, mainly about the food. Haru talked about bringing back old songs for this live and how they are releasing their new album soon. Mami lamented about not being able to see the temples or go to an onsen this time in Nagano.  She had a funny pin on her vest that asks "What's for dinner?" Timo apparently spoke a lot of funny nonsense. She did a few cheers to pump up the crowd. Rina, as usual has some insightful things to say. She mentioned that when nothing is going your way and your spirits are down, come see SCANDAL, they will bring you back up and give you power. 

Tomo played an awesome slow but powerful bass solo that lead into Rock'N'Roll Widow. That was sick. 

They played a great funk style intro to ESY that threw everyone off to what song it was in the beginning. 

The new songs, Taiyou SCANDALOUS and WELCOME HOME are absolutely fantastic. I can't wait for those singles to come out. 

It was so tight in the crowd that I couldn't see what instruments they were playing. I did see Tomo use her blue Squire most of the time but I saw she had her red bass as well.  Haru had her telecaster as well as her squire and used both. Mami had her strat, falcon, and squire on a rack to her side slightly off stage although I saw her use the strat and falcon bit i don't recall seeing her use the squire or i just missed it. 

I'd add that the mix of people was about 80/20 guys to girls. All ages, mostly people in their 20's although I saw some in their early teens through their late 40's. 

Mami threw her pick out into the crowd, I don't think Haru did. Tomo didn't use a pick at all, there weren't any in her mic stand. 

At the end, I was drained from fighting the crowd, my clothes were soaked, my ears were ringing, the arches of my feet were cramped from tip toeing the whole time. But it was great and I'd do it all over again. 

Here are a few pics from before the start of the live:

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 Db976509

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 1384bdb8

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 2ebaa684

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 Fff89682

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 54a68f80

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 pm

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Great review Jerry! Bummer about the crowd though. You'd think there would be security to handle it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:05 am

jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
@pacrimguru/Jerry
Wow, that's such an experience!Thanks for sharing it with us! SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 907478
I'm surprised there wasn't woman&children areas in Nagano stop..But, thumbs up to your friend,she's tough! SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 81283..
To see the setlist, I envy you knowing that Tomomi had a solo bass performance..It'd be awesome to see that! SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 97539 I wonder when will Mami perform her solo guitar..Hmmm.
Thanks again,Jerry! Have a safe trip!v^_^

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 4_zpse36c3efe
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:06 am

Shark

Shark

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
A great read pacrimguru, thanks for sharing the experience!

Looks like the place sucked big time though. Last live I was at (Within Temptation) played at what seems to be a similair place you described although it wasn't very hot (the place is called "The Freezehouse" so it should't be) and the stage were kind of elevated enough so that everyone could see the band.

Looks like SCANDAL likes to play at these smaller places though for better connection to the audience, which is something I do admire.

I hope they are not just using that as an excuse though if they can't sell out bigger places. I'd want them to be able to sell out anywhere.

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 0fPdnZt
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:31 am

DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for sharing your "bitter-sweet" experience pacrimguru! Nice one You are truly a SCANDAL fan for still appreciating that live amidst those "horrors". Woaw

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:47 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Thank you so much for sharing the experience! Reading your post, I feel very lucky I went to their live twice in Hong Kong, didn't need to fight. Except with all the guys standing in the front row, most of the girls see nothing from the back. I'll agree that with their growing popularity, it's time to move to larger venue.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 am

fracturedsight

fracturedsight

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mr. pacrimguru

After that realistic read of yours, I had to take a shower and drink a cold one (Ok, I lied, it was a 12pack). But I do admit, it was well worth it. Thank you very much!

Fractured Dead Onion Sight
------------------------------------
!! Time For Another Beer !!
------------------------------------
くそが起こる Kuso ga okoru
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Hmmmm....All the SCANDAL concerts that i've been to had assigned seats,and everyone was pretty well behaved,so we didn't really get moshed around like you did.I really do feel bad for your friend and you,since going to a live is supposed to be 100% enjoyment.

Thanks for the review!

Last edited by EugeneAng on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:59 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Wow what a experience I must say... they should ask the males to behave alittle... all the women are gettin squished by your account... Its wonder to see you have a epic time. Gives me some insight how people are in their small lives... (I'll need a front place cause of my height....)

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Wow that was quite an experience.
Thank you for sharing that pacrimguru!

I love your line of "I would do it all over again" XDD
You're a true fan, man! ahaha
And I'm on the same boat as you. I would happily withstand heat and shoving crowds to get a chance to see SCANDAL. Even being in the same room as them would be good enough of a reason for me LOL

But I do feel bad for your friend Sad

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Anil92

Anil92

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow! what an experience!! Nice one

SCANDAL Band 4 EVER!! .upwalk.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Vettisforza

Vettisforza

Caless Student
Caless Student
great review, I enjoyed reading it

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:34 pm

dirinzuki

dirinzuki

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.dirinzuki.blogspot.com
WEW ...
thats so much, are they no tired Onion Sigh

but Im support them .... SCANDAL Fighting Nice one

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 Wt3U1 .nerd.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 am

Lazuardi Haruhi

Lazuardi Haruhi

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow!! those are a lot of shows, and some just one day apart .omg. I wish the girls make the best of their performances .uhuh. GOOO!! SCANDAL .shout.

SCANDAL 「LIVE IDO LIVE」TOUR 2012 - Page 3 Scandal2
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:58 pm

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the experience-sharing~~!!

I'd always wanted to attend their live in Japan, but sounds like the live house tours is not as good as I thought. Indeed, it is a surprise that this particular live did not have a girl section set up. I am impressed by your last comment about willing to go through this all over again, pacrimguru~~

I hope the hall tours will be better, for anyone who might be going~~

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:01 am

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Thanks everyone, I'm glad I could share in my experience with you guys. I'm sure all their lives are a little different since it really depends on the crowd to help make the experience and the crowd is probably a little different at every live they perform. I don't regret going to IDO in Nagano one bit. I'd like to try more of their other live house and hall tour performances some time in the (hopefully near) future.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum