has RINA ever made a mistake??
Posted on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
i noticed on some lives that the 3 members made some mistakes but i cant seem to tell if rina makes mistakes. is it maybe she made a mistake but it's not noticeable because the drums doesnt sound weird/strange with the beat??

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Re: has RINA ever made a mistake??
Posted on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Bassinga

Caless Student
Caless Student
I can tell you that she 100% did some mistakes because nobody on the earth is perfect ^^

Gonna search for a video where I found one gonna edit it if I find it

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:17 pm

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think all of them do a mistake sometimes, but that's ok
at 0:56 she lost it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

She made a bunch of mistakes during her solo at Budokan, we'll see if they try to cover them up on the DVD Happy

The easiest sort of mistake to pick out from a drummer is when they flatout miss the skin and hit the rim. She did that quite a few times during her solo. I haven't really heard it much in videos where she's playing a song but I'm sure she's done it a bunch, like every drummer does when playing live.

I also feel like she often speeds up or slows down during songs, which is technically a mistake for a drummer - it's her job to maintain a steady beat. On Beauteen she pretty much always seems to be going about twice as fast by the end as she was at the beginning.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:04 pm

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
ive edited a lot of their past live shows and ive noticed that she actually makes a lot of mistakes (btw, mistakes are different from improvisations). its par for the course, people arent perfect as what the other guys have said here. thats why you always hear them saying theyre at rehearsals and whatnot sometimes we hear Rina saying shes practicing at home.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 pm

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've not gone to the album to check what the album track is like, but on the ESY tour DVD during sayonara my friend at the very end when the drums come back in it looks like she rushes to hit the starting note because she realizes a bit late that the time is coming up. I dunno, other drummers can confirm, it looked to me the same as when I'm playing and all of a sudden you realize "oh oops the hit is now I'm not ready just yet!" and rush for it hehe

Social networks: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:19 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
ahhh... thanks for replying guys!!

the question came up to me when i was remembering when mami said that she will kill herself if she makes a mistake and then rina then added "me too" and i dont recall rina ever made a mistake before so yeah ROFL

oh, and in Music LTD 2010 she almost hit the upper cymbal(dnt know the right word) in advance when performing TaiKimi

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The kind of amazing thing is that all of them have apparently only been playing at all since 2006 (not just together), and Rina didn't even want to be a drummer originally. Usually drummers know that's what they want to do; it's kind of a specialized thing and it's physically demanding. (And I know a bunch of drummers; they are all a little... unique! It seems like drummers are kind of their own type.) But even on the early videos, Rina's pretty good already even though it doesn't seem like she naturally picked up the drums. And now it just looks effortless for her most of the time; she barely even breaks a sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@spacecadet
Are you being kind saying that most drummers are 'unique' ?
I have been in many bands and most drummers are raving psycho's !
So when I discovered Scandal I thought Rina must be a bimbo but I was very wrong !
Her blogs show how deep she is !
And you are right, she does make it look easy, the sign of a real pro.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:31 pm

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:But even on the early videos, Rina's pretty good already even though it doesn't seem like she naturally picked up the drums. And now it just looks effortless for her most of the time; she barely even breaks a sweat.

ScandalSpecialThanks wrote:she was just asked about the experience she had when the band is starting.. She cried in the interview because she remembered the hard times when they were starting a band, because she can't make the drum parts right before.. and she cried and cried while they are practicing.. Rina said she thought of quitting many times.. But the Scandal members always tells Rina that "Scandal is not Scandal, without Rina as the drummer.."

Social networks: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:28 am

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ that vid always makes me feel sad

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:12 pm

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
when rina did her drum solo at budokan, i felt that she was close to tears at times. i'm not sure if those who went thought the same thing or not.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:14 pm

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It was definitely the most emotion I've ever seen in a drum solo.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
pacrimguru wrote:when rina did her drum solo at budokan, i felt that she was close to tears at times. i'm not sure if those who went thought the same thing or not.

I think that was an act. I think she was genuinely nervous early in the show, but the stuff she was doing in that solo was definitely all planned. The cameras all happened to turn onto her face just *before* she would start to show any sort of expression, every time. And of course, she had the messages on the skins all written out in advance.

Also, I thought it was a little strange how she had a microphone but didn't use it, instead showing the messages she'd already written out. She obviously *planned* not to talk, it's not like she couldn't have or was just overcome with emotion. But I felt like I was watching someone who'd just had their tonsils out!

I thought it was really cute, though. But definitely all planned.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:01 pm

MrMojo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Many musicians make mistakes.

It's whether or not people can actually hear/catch the "error".

In a concert, sometimes you can, if it's obvious, but sometimes you can't.

Has anyone here every played a musical instrument? It's not easy even for professionals which is a reason why they practice and practice. Even after much practice, errors do occur.

I appreciate how the girls have developed the courage to appear on stage with less and less fear as they've seasoned professionals and their musical styles are still maturing

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MrMojo wrote:Has anyone here every played a musical instrument? It's not easy even for professionals which is a reason why they practice and practice. Even after much practice, errors do occur.

I play guitar and used to play bass and sing in a band. No live show is ever perfect; if it is, you know it's fake and everybody's just lip-syncing and air guitaring.

My favorite mistake that I've seen Scandal make is when Haruna forgets the words to Scandal Baby on the Everybody Say Yeah! DVD.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 am

polysix

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:

I play guitar and used to play bass and sing in a band. No live show is ever perfect; if it is, you know it's fake and everybody's just lip-syncing and air guitaring.

My favorite mistake that I've seen Scandal make is when Haruna forgets the words to Scandal Baby on the Everybody Say Yeah! DVD.
That wasn't a mistake,Haruna did that on purpose. In the extra tour video you see her do that in another concert with Scandal Baby. Many bands do that during their live concerts and it's happened in everyone I've gone to. It's fun and very touching to hear the crowd sing in unison.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:18 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ i think he meant where haru forgot the lyrics and giggled

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hapihapi wrote:^ i think he meant where haru forgot the lyrics and giggled

Yeah, there is a part after Tomomi and Mami dance with their hands in front of her face where she totally blanks for a second. You can hear her sort of mumble one line and then start laughing, then she picks up up again. Her bandmates really screwed her up Happy

I don't think there's a clip of this around (I couldn't find one last time I looked) or I'd embed it and give you the time code.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Just to contribute to the list (not to say Rina is not good, but since this is the topic here, just sharing some trivia)

I remember it was brought up that during Mezamazhi Live 2011, Rina made a mistake towards the end of a song during the encore. I think she hit the snare when she was supposed to hit the cymbal, but it really was not a very obvious one.

I will update my post when I get around to check that vid again.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:08 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
I seem to remember in some very old videos of SCANDAL,during their indie days,RINA sometimes had problems keeping a solid rhythm.Can't remember which video though.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:46 am

kyoharu03

International Performer
International Performer
EugeneAng wrote:I seem to remember in some very old videos of SCANDAL,during their indie days,RINA sometimes had problems keeping a solid rhythm.Can't remember which video though.

in one video of SL magic (classic) i watched in youtube..she seems nervous when they were introducing themselves and making solos Happy

haru-chan wa ichiban da!boku no megami desu!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:54 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
kyoharu03 wrote:
EugeneAng wrote:I seem to remember in some very old videos of SCANDAL,during their indie days,RINA sometimes had problems keeping a solid rhythm.Can't remember which video though.

in one video of SL magic (classic) i watched in youtube..she seems nervous when they were introducing themselves and making solos

Is it the one at アメリカ村, somewhere in 2007 year end? I think I was watching it recently, she did a short solo when Tomo introduced her. After the introduction, they did S.L. Magic.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:08 pm

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Her band mates describe her as "stoic" and focused to a point of obsession. She probably practices more than her band mates in terms of hours behind the instrument. Is she good? Yes. Has she improved in the last 6 years progressively? Absolutely yes. Does she make a mistake sometimes? Sure! Heck... after the years I've put in playing drums I still make them. Sticks break, heads rupture, hi-hats will loosen and fall, hands will cramp up and sticks will fly away... no big deal... just keep playing....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 am

kyoharu03

International Performer
International Performer
chiy102 wrote:
kyoharu03 wrote:

in one video of SL magic (classic) i watched in youtube..she seems nervous when they were introducing themselves and making solos

Is it the one at アメリカ村, somewhere in 2007 year end? I think I was watching it recently, she did a short solo when Tomo introduced her. After the introduction, they did S.L. Magic.

yep..that's it XD i think it was amerika(n) TV..i think she was nervous that time.. Happy

haru-chan wa ichiban da!boku no megami desu!

Back to top Go down