Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Siren
Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:56 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
Definitely going to try get VIP for this also. We need to start planning . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:26 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
Lucky US fans hehe. If I remember correctly, Lovendor also performed at Jpop Summit few years ago. It's great to have an even with a focus on Music. In France, we have Japan Expo but it's really focused on Manga. Of course there are live concerts but you buy a ticket for the whole event (kinda expensive if you just want to go to the concerts). So for me, that's why I don't go to Japan Expo because I don't read Manga.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:12 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I should mention that my last comment was assuming that Silent Siren will be the "guest of honor" this year. Tongue If they're a headliner for the Summit, the VIP tickets will definitely have some perks for Saisai and probably another band TBA. Last year, we got to meet JAM Project and Eir Aoi - although I only went to Eir's meet and greet since I don't like JAM Project. :v I'm assuming they are headliners since Saisai is definitely not an indie band. Happy

Unfortunately, the Summit is not good with announcing things ahead of time. :v We're actually pretty lucky that Saisai was the first artist they announced lol. Tongue They'll be selling 1 day passes, 2 day passes, and VIP passes - which you need to keep safe because the staff is super strict last year on you wearing them to enter Fort Mason. I'm actually curious if the girls will participate in additional activities! It would be great to see them get involved in the singing content or the fashion contest. Happy

I live just outside of San Francisco city limits so anyone is free to hit me up if you need to find anything~ I also work at a motel so if anyone needs a place to stay, I'll see if I can get the price lowered. I make no guarantees on that though. We are a very low quality motel - as in we barely qualify as two stars - so don't expect much from us. Tongue

If the Summit can just bring Yanakiku back for a third year, this will be the most perfect festival. >w<

I'll be attending all days of the Summit and getting VIP tickets so feel free to message me if anyone wants to meet up at the Summit~ Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
What's the parking situation at Fort Mason? I live in Union City and just plan to go from my house and back each day. Also they announced World Order was the next guest.  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:23 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
Airi-chan wrote:I can't even believe it.  .love.

I've suggest Silent Siren to the J-Pop Summit for the last two years but I never believed they'd actually invite the girls! I'm super happy to hear that they're coming to the U.S - and to San Francisco. *_* Definitely going to this year's Summit no doubt. >w<

If it works like previous years... Saisai will have the performance and an autograph session. They will probably also have a meet and greet for VIP ticket holders.
Totally freaking out too T-T 

Is that VIP meet and greet you mentioned separate from the autograph session? I remember last year when I met Little Glee Monster, the autographs and meet and greet happened at the same time. I'm not sure if I'm catching your drift, haha.

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:54 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
iamcrazymike wrote:What's the parking situation at Fort Mason? I live in Union City and just plan to go from my house and back each day. Also they announced World Order was the next guest.  .clap.

It's better than most parking in San Francisco but not really great. You might have to get to Fort Mason early on to catch a spot or risk having to park off-site which can get pretty expensive since Fort Mason is near the wharf. Fort Mason isn't free parking but it's definitely less expensive than other areas. Tongue The good thing is that last year, hardly anyone actually showed up at opening. Most people seemed to come around 11 am to noon.

Ehhhh. World Order doesn't really seem like my type of thing so I'm not too excited over them. But I could be surprised. I didn't think I'd like FESTIVAL either but I ended up really liking them. Tongue

marcoatendido wrote:Totally freaking out too T-T 

Is that VIP meet and greet you mentioned separate from the autograph session? I remember last year when I met Little Glee Monster, the autographs and meet and greet happened at the same time. I'm not sure if I'm catching your drift, haha.
It actually depends if Saisai is a headliner or not. This is one part I dislike about the J-pop Summit. They never tell us who is headlining. We have to guess from the artists but not many have been announced yet. ;~; I'm assuming they are headliners though since they even changed their FB cover photo haha. Tongue

If they're headliners, you'll need to buy VIP tickets in order to participate in the M&G. Last year, Eir Aoi was a headliner. If you bought VIP tickets, you were invited to a small event where we had a small Q&A session with her and got to take a photo with her. We didn't receive her autograph though. In order to do that, you had to buy her merchandise from Kinokuniya's booth and select her ticket for the autograph session.

So if Saisai is a headliner, you will probably need to purchase VIP tickets to meet them. In order to get their autograph, you'll need to buy merchandise from Kino's booth. Beware of Kino though. They like ripping people off. Tongue Always ask if they have Saisai's tickets available and if they say no, ask when they'll be available. They ripped off a lot of Gacharic Spin fans last year.  :-S

If they're just regular guests, it'll be done like Little Glee Monsters where you just buy their merchandise and meet them at the autograph session. Happy

We should think of a gift to give the girls! Like the banner we gave to TOKYO GIRLS STYLE or the fan letter projects we always do for SCANDAL. Happy If everyone is up for the idea and we come up with a solid one, I can message the Summit and ask them if we'd be allowed to give Saisai a gift.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:43 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Expecting to be bombarded with a package of Silent Siren tomorrow… .clap.
Well, J-Pop... 4x SaiSai albums, plus AkaiKoen, Aruhara and FourGetMeAKnots…

Sometimes I have more money than sense… .whistle.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I'll probably be there for the KPP show and will probably check out Silent siren after. Hope to see some of you there maybe!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:52 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Listened to the four SaiSai albums I received from amazonjp yesterday... Start, 31 Wonderland, Silent Siren, and S

I have to say, it was kinda cool to see the progression from a almost generic kawaii-pop-band into something even more exciting. Silent Siren is definitely my favorite of these albums, but S is pretty good as well. My favorites are all from the Silent Siren album as well - lucky girl, dancemusiq, and joshi kou sensou. I mentioned previously that I like keyboards, and dancemusiq and lucky girl have some great highlights.

Edit: strawberry moon was also a nice slower, emotional song.

As for what I think of the music and band now? I think I'm sold Happy I'm gonna have to re-listen to those first two albums again though, I feel I didn't appreciate them enough on the first play through.

Last edited by mio_akiyama on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a bit)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
From their 2 mini albums, my favourite songs are "Escape","Milky Way", "Lingerie" and of course "Love no shirushi".

I think "Silent Siren" is also my favorite if I have to choose only one of them. "Soukai Rock" wow !! I remember when I was driving back from Scandal's concert in Paris with my friend, I played the album in the car and he was like "wow, I didn't think their songs were that much catchy".

I have their 2 Bluray, Zepp Tokyo and Budokan. If you didn't see them yet, try to get them, it's amazing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2016 9:02 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ticket information has been released for J-Pop Summit.

So going by that, it looks like if we want to have a chance at the Meet And Greet we have to get the VIP tickets for $150. Also going by the schedule looks like Silent Siren will have a meet and greet both days and their performance will be on Sunday July 24.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 05, 2016 10:49 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The full schedule for the Summit was released. Happy Silent Siren is having a Q&A at the Main Stage on July 22 while their performance is on July 23. Both times are to be announced still and the Summit said in a Facebook comment that more may be coming for Silent Siren. c:

The regular VIP tickets are $150 (huge shoot up from last year's $90 price x.x). They raise to $180 if you want to include Kyary's show. We can meet World Order, Silent Siren, and/or GARNiDELiA. We cannot meet all three artists. We will only be allowed to meet two out of the three. Tickets to the meet and greets are sold on a first come first serve basis. They begin at 10 am so its strongly advised we get in line for the tickets before 10 am. You can choose to meet them Saturday or Sunday. You CAN meet them both days but it will be hard. If you meet them Saturday and want to meet them Sunday as well, you need to show up 20 minutes before the event to see if there are extra tickets available. If there's not, you can't meet them a second time.

I'll probably go for Saisai one day and GARNiDELiA the second day. c:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 05, 2016 11:25 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Actually the way I interpreted the information on the site, it doesn't really say anywhere that you can't try to get tickets for the same artist both days. It just says you have to chose one Artist per day, but it doesn't explicitly say you couldn't pick the same Artist for both days. Also the 20 mins prior is for people that want to do meet and greets for more than one artist on the same day. I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted the info. 

Now my only hang up is if the VIP tickets are worth the extra $110 (since yeah it is a huge increase from last year). I mean outside of the meet and greets are the other benefits of a VIP ticket worth having?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 06, 2016 10:26 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Got my ticket for KPP + Jpop summit 2 days! Didnt go for any VIP since im broke after Hawaii so i'll just be there for the concerts and panels, no m&g for me. Hope to see you there guys! Also if anyone is or knows their way around SF let me know what I should checkl out as its gonna be my first time in SF

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 8:18 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
iamcrazymike wrote:Now my only hang up is if the VIP tickets are worth the extra $110 (since yeah it is a huge increase from last year). I mean outside of the meet and greets are the other benefits of a VIP ticket worth having?
The VIP tickets guarantee you a spot near the front of the stage. They have an area by the front of the stage barricaded off for only people with VIP passes. So if you choose a regular ticket, you'll be a few rows back at least. Other than being able to get front row and meet the bands.... That is about the only perks for VIP passes.

It really boils down to how much you like the artists who are coming this year. In general, it may not be worth it because there's not really very many perks. It can be worth it if the bands mean enough to you though, you know?

I've bought VIP tickets because I'm a fairly big fan of Silent Siren and I don't want to pass up this opportunity. If this price trend continues though, this will unfortunately be my last year buying VIP. The price is just not worth it if it's not Saisai or SCANDAL. :c

Noodles wrote:Got my ticket for KPP + Jpop summit 2 days! Didnt go for any VIP since im broke after Hawaii so i'll just be there for the concerts and panels, no m&g for me. Hope to see you there guys! Also if anyone is or knows their way around SF let me know what I should checkl out as its gonna be my first time in SF
It depends on what you're interested in doing. >w< There's more historic stuff like Alcatraz or more touristy stuff like Pier 39. There's an endless amount of stuff for visitors to do around here. c: I'm overly familiar with public transit in the city. I can pretty much get you anywhere that you want to go. Tongue The good thing about SF is that public transit literally goes everywhere so there's not boundaries. c:

Due to family, I'm moving away from San Francisco for a while. I can't spend a lot of time back here so I'll probably only be around for the weekend or around a week. I'm hoping for a week since I want all the time I can afford to spend back home. ^.^" Right now, I only know that I'll be back in the area for the duration of the Summit. Happy

I'm free to hang out with anyone or help anyone around the city. I'll be free for all of the days. >w<

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 9:08 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
To be serious, I think for me this really just boils down to being a "my heart says yes but my brain/wallet says no" situation. So I think my question was more to help convince the brain/wallet to go into "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" mode. :v

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 9:22 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
iamcrazymike wrote:To be serious, I think for me this really just boils down to being a "my heart says yes but my brain/wallet says no" situation. So I think my question was more to help convince the brain/wallet to go into "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" mode. :v

If your concern is only money I'd say you should go ahead and do it now as you can pay back the money later instead of buying other stuff, for example I spent a lot of money I didnt have at the time to go on the world tour and have been paying it back slowly but surely, I know this obviously doesnt apply to everyone so do what you think is best for you! Good luck! 

@airi 

Awesome, we'll definitely hang out then! See you there! I dont think alcatraz is going to be an option since we'll probably just be around the summit area unless our group decides to check out alcatraz together haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 12, 2016 3:19 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
So Silent Siren has just been announced as the J-Pop Idol Karaoke Contest Judges at J-Pop Summit. So I guess you guys can add that to the schedule . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Silent siren message:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
iamcrazymike wrote:So Silent Siren has just been announced as the J-Pop Idol Karaoke Contest Judges at J-Pop Summit. So I guess you guys can add that to the schedule . . .

I've always been fond of watching the J-Pop Idol contest but now I have even more of a reason to attend it. Tongue The J-pop Idol contest is always fun. There's a lot of talented people who are able to make it to the finals. c:

I had someone ask the fanpage if we would be allowed to give Saisai any gifts during the festival. I didn't actually have an answer because the subject really never came up before with the Summit. So I decided to ask the staff about it. The staff agreed that we could probably give them a group gift if we wanted but they weren't sure if individual gifts would be allowed. They're going to double check to make sure the band is actually okay with it. Happy

So if you want to try to put something together, we can come up with something. Assuming that Saisai's management also agrees with the idea of course. Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 pm

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
iamcrazymike wrote:So Silent Siren has just been announced as the J-Pop Idol Karaoke Contest Judges at J-Pop Summit. So I guess you guys can add that to the schedule . . .

I was considering joining the contest, but I originally decided no. However now that this news came up, I really really really really want to do this for a chance to sing in front of them and meet them. I cried a little inside knowing that there was a chance. LOL

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 13, 2016 4:52 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have no talent in singing, so unless they're looking for more of a comedic performance I wouldn't stand a chance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 18, 2016 6:54 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
marcoatendido wrote:I was considering joining the contest, but I originally decided no. However now that this news came up, I really really really really want to do this for a chance to sing in front of them and meet them. I cried a little inside knowing that there was a chance. LOL
Go for it. >w< You never know what might happen and you may actually win a chance into the finals. c: Just make sure not to lose your nerve in front of Saisai if you do make it lol. Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
J-Pop Summit is having a raffle for the Silent Siren Q&A. 1 winner will be selected to receive a gift from Silent Siren and go up on stage. The sign up form can be found here:

Info on other Q&A's and Q&A's in general can be found here:

Also Silent Siren's Q&A will be on Saturday, July 23rd. (11:40am-12pm)

As for me, I can't think of a question d\\\\'oh  . . .

Edit: Silent Siren announced their World Tour! So aside from J-Pop Summit, Silent Siren will be back in San Francisco on October 2? Looks like there's also dates for Los Angeles and other places. 

Info can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum