Diablo III [Page 1 of 2]

Diablo III
Posted Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Who's playing it? I have already pre-purchased the game and am only waiting for relase! only 8 days left guys...

Diablo III Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Re: Diablo III
Posted Tue May 08, 2012 3:33 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I've got a midterm on the release date.. so no midnight lineup for me.

I'll grab it first thing after my midterm. :p

Diablo III Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 3:48 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I put in my preorder weeks ago. Waiting breathlessly nao.. :p

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 4:22 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Plutonium wrote:I've got a midterm on the release date.. so no midnight lineup for me.

I'll grab it first thing after my midterm. :p

midnight lineup? its all about buying it and getting it all set for installation on release day, or did you buy a collector's edition?

Diablo III Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
My friend works at the shop that is opening on midnight, so I can get some swag off him. :p

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 6:23 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
I'll have mine delivered. Diablo III 966980

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It'll be released the day after my last Final exam, so it's gonna be a hellish mouse-clicking introduction to summer for me. I just hope that it doesn't disappoint. I've been waiting 10+ years and I've had it on preorder since January, so this game better deliver the goods!

I'll be standing in line as well because all my Blizzard games are hard copies. There's just something about actually having the game in my hands...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am

parkel

parkel

International Performer
International Performer
I'll wait for reviews since I'm not really a fan of RMAH and needing constant internet connection to play.

I preordered Torchlight 2 though. Tongue

Diablo III F14010103
こんにゃちわ!~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 12, 2012 1:30 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Ender wrote:It'll be released the day after my last Final exam, so it's gonna be a hellish mouse-clicking introduction to summer for me. I just hope that it doesn't disappoint. I've been waiting 10+ years and I've had it on preorder since January, so this game better deliver the goods!

I'll be standing in line as well because all my Blizzard games are hard copies. There's just something about actually having the game in my hands...

I actually started regretting not getting a hard copy today, oh well Sad

Diablo III Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Epic fail on Blizzard for a shite-filled Diablo 3 launch. Errors, disconnections, and just overall frustration for everyone. Took them 10+ years to get it done, and they still dropped the ball. So much for that whole online-only business huh? And to think that they run WoW and still can't make it work. Gratz Blizz, you've officially F'ed up.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 8:12 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^

That's to be expected. Considering MOST gamers around the world are looking forward to it. That's why I didn't rushed things and waited for a bit before playing. Almost every online game I played had these problems during their early stages.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I expected issues as well. Any time I see a game requires online connectivity and is hugely popular I prepare myself for at least a day of not being able to run it Happy

I did see a screenshot floating around facebook though of a group of Korean players who had beaten Diablo just a few hours after launch lol

Last edited by 320x200 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That's true. But you also have to consider the fact that they already had a good estimate on the number of people logging in at a unified opening time (seriously, what were they thinking?). They even bragged about having enough servers available to handle the strain of a global launch. It's actually funny to think that the company who runs the biggest and most successful MMORPG of all time would have connection issues.

They've had all this time to work out the kinks, constantly delaying the release date and such, yet the game is still plagued with bugs. Everyone was expecting a finished product that they could at least play, but you can barely even get a game started because of all the errors. It's just shameful considering they messed up the launch of such a high profile title.

I've played all the WoW xpacs at launch. They all went smoothly, even Cataclysm. Maybe a bit of a queue time, but nothing game-breaking. This is the first time I've ever seen Blizz screw things up. If only they weren't so defensive of their stupid decisions (online only, global launch time), the backlash probably wouldn't have been as bad as this.

But nope, instead we all just got Chuck Testa'd.

@320x200: Yeah, I feel for all the players in Asia. Not only did they have to wait for PST to reach 0000 with the game and everything already installed, but I heard that they couldn't even get past the log-in screens!

Some of my friends on the East Coast were royally pissed. They stayed up till 3AM, only to nerdrage throughout the night. I believe a lot of pencil lead was broken during their Final.

Last edited by Ender on Tue May 15, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post nerdrage)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
*double post whoops*

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Welcome to the real world.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I was one of the lucky people to be able to log in last night at 12:01 am and create my character and everything.

Unfortunately, even with blizzard knowing the amount of people that were to log in at that time, all those attempts to do so at the same time is what crashes the servers.

This morning, however, I was able to log in with no problem and no errors, due to the fact that the amount of people trying to log in at the same time is significantly lesser than the minute the servers were open.

Also note, this happens to almost every single online game that is being expected by an audience, happened to GW2 as well.

Edit: add me, im Lale on it, im a demon hunter Tongue

Diablo III Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Awww Morpheus. No need to marginalize the facts into a single sentence. Just the same...been there, quite lovely.

@Lale: Awesome! I'm taking it that the ones with the digital downloads were the ones who were lucky enough to get in. So much for the hard copy being a better choice, eh? All I really got out of it was a poster and a night full of frustration.

But yeah, that's my point. They promised goods which were guaranteed to work. I understand what happens during a launch, been through many of them. It's just a surprise that a company like Blizz, with the reputation it has, actually messed up this bad for once. It's a first. It didn't happen with WoW and its xpacs, that's why so many people are up in arms.

A demon hunter! I wanted to roll a demon hunter at first too, but the monk has been looking more and more interesting. I'll see what happens when I actually get in. It's been under "Emergency Maintenance" ever since I started trying to log in. Should be up pretty soon though...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 10:53 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Just been on and no problems or what-so-ever at all. Had a bit trouble logging in earlier due to the fact that it was "peak" hour I suppose.

EDIT: There's no other way to put it really. Instead of being frustrated and whine, why just chill down. Things will get better. It's only been up for roughly 24hrs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Lets post our usernames so we can be added and do something together?

Diablo III Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 16, 2012 3:04 pm

furyshinobi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Noodles wrote:Lets post our usernames so we can be added and do something together?

^^ Yeah that would be awesome..... maybe make our own SH clan lolol xD

I still plan to get the game (if only I can get it really cheap since it's online only) though I may get it around the end of the month since I'm busy atm..... or trade some really old games and try to get it cheap that way.

Diablo III Wzm3OfP
Yuujin_21 "The sky fury! You know you want helium if you're ever going to pump up balloons fast"
twitter/ last.fm/ playfire
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 am

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 5:48 pm

SinOverCos

SinOverCos

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The game is very different from Diablo 2. I felt they tried to make it easier. (or simpler, not sure of the right word)

Story was kinda sort, some surprises

If anyone plays on the North American server, add SinOverCos#1247
I'm a Witch Doctor =D

Diablo III Rina1112082
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Need party on inferno.. Europe server please.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 4:16 pm

rina_no_kareshi

rina_no_kareshi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
SinOverCos wrote:The game is very different from Diablo 2. I felt they tried to make it easier. (or simpler, not sure of the right word)

Story was kinda sort, some surprises

If anyone plays on the North American server, add SinOverCos#1247
I'm a Witch Doctor =D

I agree with you, maybe they made it that way..who knows maybe blizz will also make an expansion for this one Happy

currently finishing nightmare with my demon hunter, its really troublesome fighting hordes of demons and monsters Diablo III 786135

Diablo III Screen13

Diablo III 6707_s
I My Me, Watashi wa Watashi Rina no daisuki!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 6:17 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I've been playing non-stop for the past 2 weeks. I'm already a level 60 Barbarian doing Act 3 Inferno.

The only thing I'd have to say is the auction house is really annoying and needs some more work into fixing!

Back to top Go down