What's your opinion if SCANDAL have a World Tour?
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 am

My Sakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i thought its better if they have this world tour concert

Back to top Go down

SupraM

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Ye i think it's gonna be a big success Happy

Back to top Go down

parkel

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

One word: awesome.

Personally, I also feel it will be a great success, considering the amount of fans they have worldwide.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
こんにゃちわ!~
Back to top Go down

Re: What's your opinion if SCANDAL have a World Tour?
Posted on Wed May 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Charly66

Caless Student
Caless Student
dream come true but dat dream seems far away but you never know lol

Back to top Go down

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
We're waiting for them in Europe!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒ DeviantART ♒ Tumblr ♒ MyAnimeList ♒ Last.fm 

♒ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

amz7250

Banned
Banned
2 tell the truth, i dont think they should come 2 the UK, cos there aint much j-pop or j-rock fam, well from the ppl i no that is, plus they aint gonna get much ppl at there concert dont want them 2 waste there trip, but then i really do want them 2 come 2 the UK cos i really wanna c them, and them coming here is my only chance seeing there concert.

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

tomo13

International Performer
International Performer
http://tom8loz.tumblr.com/
Please Visit The Philippines!!!!!.xD
Just Let Us Get A Glimpse Of Your Heavenly Beauty.xD

~Thats What I said.xD

ToHaRiMa=SCANDAL is The Best Band Of The WORLD!!!  Rich

SCANDAL  BAND Yow!    Balloon .
Back to top Go down

SCANDARK

International Performer
International Performer
That would be nice...so they can be closer to me...and i can see them..LIVE

Back to top Go down

Gee~

Caless Student
Caless Student
it would be a dream come true if they ever make a stop over in australia, wherever it is i will definitely go! (heres hoping its on my side of the country lol)

Back to top Go down

rs-cj

Caless Student
Caless Student
Seeing them live would be heaven! but it would also be nice if they would include the Philippines as part of the tour.

Back to top Go down

Mewithoutyou93

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab328/discopix-14/img09112423
Of course, I'd be really happy for them. That's my dream I mean, everyone's dream! And for them to accomplish it is something to be proud of.
CANTA Smile

Back to top Go down

Touring Scandal
Posted on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 pm

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
Well if they came to Australia ..I would be over the moon and drag friends to every gig in Sydney and further haha.

They would have to play the cool hotel bars and small theatre type venues like Shohnen Knife and 5678's have. But I think enough Japanese students out here to get home support too.

They would def be the best girl band every to play in Australia, for sure. when Shohnen knife played here second tour it went crazy , packed out venues, screaming like it was Beatles show. they sold hundreds of albums at one show I heard about (Anandale Hotel, its a hip gig), they were there for hours signing them for fans.
I think Scandal could surpass this effort.

Girls , come on down , you have fans here

Back to top Go down

Licht09

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
That would be really good!

But the question is, if they're gonna sell out the venues..

Back to top Go down

phenocide18

Caless Student
Caless Student
personally i dont know why they didnt have a tour here in philippines coz..cmon..it6s just a hour or two away from japan..plus they really have so many fans here..i dont understand their manager..but still..we are waiting here..

Back to top Go down

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
I dont think this will ever happen, sadly.

Why? Here the reasons: (at least to the USA anyway)

When a Japanese band is PAID to come to the USA to a Convention or a festival, they will more than gladly assist because everything is being paid for by the organizers at the Convention or said festival, a world tour would envolve the band renting a place JUST FOR THE CONCERT, this meaning that the band would have to pay for the stage and then hope to get the revenue back with the sale of tickets and merchandise. Also plane tickets arent cheap from Japan to the US and any other countries around.

You might say, but hey! that happens with every band and lots of them do world tours!

Well heres where experience comes in play, at the Stereopony concert in Los Angeles, there was about 50 people that were there to check out the band, only 50, and Stereopony is not an unknown band. There were a couple more people just hanging around that also paid the entrance (I assume) and that made us about 100 people total, I'm not completely sure but I think thats pretty accurate. With only 100 people in the crowd we were all REALLY close to the band and there was plenty of room for more people, we did not fill the place up AT ALL, it was REALLY saddening how little people there was, but we had a fantastic time, although that doesnt matter in this discussion.

TL;DR World tour expensive and not many people will attend concert.

Back to top Go down

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
i hope for more fans for the future SCANDAL (especially in indonesia Whistle ) so they can have a world tour....

if they went on a world tour, i'll be speechless with a major CRAZY symptom

Back to top Go down

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer

I am afraid Noodles is right, when SCANDAL went to Paris it was for an
anime convention.
I would love them to come to the UK but there would be about 3 people there.

Back to top Go down

mizu hikari

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://jasmeans.tumblr.com
it will be great thing! Happy

i hope that they will visit the Philippines someday. They have so many fans here. Happy

Back to top Go down

Shark

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I do sadly think Noodles is right. I'm not sure SCANDAL has enough fans to support them in various gigs outside of Japan. I'm sure they might head to Hong Kong or visit another anime convention somewhere but a world tour seems pretty unrealistic. The earnings will most likely not cover the costs.

I know MUCC and Girugamesh played in Sweden a few years back and according to my brother there were a few thousands too see them at least but it was during a metal festival so that might have added some. But they are also alot more well known than SCANDAL, at least here. I've talked to like one other swedish person who knew who they were, and that was on the internet.

Back to top Go down

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm a realist, but I wouldn't be so pessimistic. There's more to be gained sometimes (publicity, reputation, etc) by being a globally playing act than just the immediate ticket sales.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
320x200 wrote:I'm a realist, but I wouldn't be so pessimistic. There's more to be gained sometimes (publicity, reputation, etc) by being a globally playing act than just the immediate ticket sales.

This is true. They can certainly do a world tour to gain popularity and even more so if its sponsored by some other japanese brand that is also doing something related with the country they will be doing the concert on.

Back to top Go down

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
World tour will cost money , play in Japan make money...but you need to keep expanding. One off at Anime festivals fine , but they are a wold band now.

If they don't include Australia I will be devastated.

Back to top Go down

Feanil

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ja.gram.pl/Feanil
Maybe I'm a dreamer or naive, but i think that sooner or later there wqill be a world tour and then i would like to see them live in Poland. Best place i know in person for that is spodek

Back to top Go down

gyros1010

Caless Student
Caless Student
I hope they come to my country, would be great..

Scandal is The Best!!

Back to top Go down

amz7250

Banned
Banned
Noodles wrote:I dont think this will ever happen, sadly.

Why? Here the reasons: (at least to the USA anyway)

When a Japanese band is PAID to come to the USA to a Convention or a festival, they will more than gladly assist because everything is being paid for by the organizers at the Convention or said festival, a world tour would envolve the band renting a place JUST FOR THE CONCERT, this meaning that the band would have to pay for the stage and then hope to get the revenue back with the sale of tickets and merchandise. Also plane tickets arent cheap from Japan to the US and any other countries around.

not sure in ameria but 4 the UK its not how it works, iv done some work into it in my course so i no abit about how it goes on, like u said the people that hosting the concert has 2 pay the artist, even the stage and everything, this is known as performance royalty. but like i said thats only 4 UK, every counties have there own laws.

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down