Go down

SCANDAL + "tie-ins" [Page 1 of 1]

SCANDAL + "tie-ins"
Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 pm

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It seems that SCANDAL is doing a lot of tie ins with their music. Shoujo S (Bleach), Start (Star Evolution), BEAUTeen (Pokari), Shyunkan (Full Metal). In the USA when bands do this it's "selling out". Is SCANDAL "selling out"? Is it good for their music? Personally I don't care. I LOVE every SCANDAL song whether it's tied into something else or not. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL + "tie-ins"
Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I think it's good. The only reason I found out about Scandal was because of Bleach. A lot of people find their music differently. If bands make themselves accessible by different methods, wouldn't that be good for them?

SCANDAL + "tie-ins" Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:03 pm

konohagure

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
I think it's a great move on SCANDAL's part. I'm not generalizing J-artists but some of them really use games and anime for promotional purposes and so they could be known. I'm not much in how they make their music or how it is arranged. I'm just a listener and any good music like SCANDAL's is worth listening to.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:06 pm

haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
i think so too.. i wouldn't have known about them if they didn't do the opening for bleach.. honestly i don't listen to jmusic if its not from an anime.. well that changed now and scandal did the wonders ~

SCANDAL + "tie-ins" 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
SCANDAL + "tie-ins" F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:32 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Normally only stuff that really makes the cut will be on an anime's opening or ending.Most of my songs that got me into Jrock/Jpop-rock was from an anime.

YUI-Rolling star(This is the first song that started it all)-----Bleach Opening
YUI-LIFE----Bleach Ending
SCANDAL-Shoujo S----Bleach Opening
SCANDAL-Shunkan Sentimental(although i already am a SCANDAL fan by then.)----FMA Brotherhood Ending
YUI-again----FMA Brotherhood Opening
Stereopony-Hitohira no Hanabira-----Bleach Ending

Yeah.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:06 am

zenry000

zenry000

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
mmhm going the anime line in japan is the most appropriate move if i do say so myself, coz in jp or SEA for that matter anime is a very popular thing. Working hand-in-hand with anime producers would definitely promote the band into a higher level. and like eugene here said so, most of us learn to know JP bands or singer's bcoz of anime. Totally support them in continuing the anime tie-ups. Nice one

-Working On A New Siggy-
RINA! RINA! ROCK YOU!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 am

~Haruna=Baby~

~Haruna=Baby~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://HarunaBaby.deviantart.com
zenry000 wrote:mmhm going the anime line in japan is the most appropriate move if i do say so myself, coz in jp or SEA for that matter anime is a very popular thing. Working hand-in-hand with anime producers would definitely promote the band into a higher level. and like eugene here said so, most of us learn to know JP bands or singer's bcoz of anime. Totally support them in continuing the anime tie-ups. Nice one

I agree with you there because anime is such a hit throughout the world....Therfore, the best way to promote is through the opening or ending of Anime.....

BTW, dont you think that Shuukan Sentimental should be the opening of FMA:Brotherhood instead of ending....Just my opinion.

SCANDAL + "tie-ins" SCANDALharuna-Copy
SCANDAL = PERFECT
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:39 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
The pace of the song indeed does seem more fit to be an opening of a song. But I love how BONES uses it for the lead-in for the endings

SCANDAL + "tie-ins" Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 am

zenry000

zenry000

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@haruna=baby: yea i know! opening is sooo much better than the ending... coz nobody ever listens to the ending .hmmm.
@pluto: but yes u have your point~~

-Working On A New Siggy-
RINA! RINA! ROCK YOU!
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:08 am

coolboy45

Caless Student
Caless Student
I feels that their song does really fit with anime

: D

Back to top Go down