Hockey [Page 1 of 6]

Re: Hockey
Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 pm

KuroKitsu

KuroKitsu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://kisuke-matamune.deviantart.com/
Anddddd there goes my hope of watching any playoffs games again. As a diehard Leafs fan, I can't root for any other team. Though I have to admit neither my dad nor I have ever seen the Leafs win the cup in our lifetimes....(He arrived in Canada in 71, last Cup was 68 if I remember correctly).

Regarding our fanbase....they are the worse in the NHL, they *oooops bad word detected* when we win, they *oooops bad word detected* when we lose. Though they are right for the calls of Fire Carlyle....

Hockey - Page 2 SaberLily-Sig_zpsb97a97a6
--------This Sig is done by me, uploaded on DA as kisuke-matamune------
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:05 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It appears that the Leafs, Habs and Canucks all have a very passionate fan base.

First game starting soon... it's so hard to wait almost two days before being able to watch games and having to go into media shutdown so I don't get spoilers. Hopefully will be able to watch the games sooner but most likely not...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:29 am

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Welp... the Habs swept the Lightning...

Hockey - Page 2 NAcXfXa
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Yup! Bring out the brooms!
Do you guys want to see Habs and Bruins or Habs and Redwings next round?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:34 am

KuroKitsu

KuroKitsu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Habs and Bruins I dislike both teams equally

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:12 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The Habs and Bruins will be a REALLY good matchup due to their rivalries.

I'm going to be honest and say... the Bruins might make it really far but I just hope they lose (Sorry Boston fans, still a butt hurt Leaf fan from last year LOL) to whoever team.

Hockey - Page 2 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 pm

KuroKitsu

KuroKitsu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
LOL the collective butt-hurt of Leafs Nation will so ruin Boston's chances this year. Id prefer if the Habs won anyhow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:56 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Also not a big Boston fan so I'm hoping Wings avenge my fallen Lightning.... Dang that hurt with the sweep.  Although most of the games they didn't really deserve to win but boy some of those calls were ordinary... need all the luck they could've gotten when their Vezina candidate goalie goes down before the playoffs and have to rely on a ordinary backup (to his credit, he did make some good saves but also let in some real soft goals...).

So much for subscribing to NHL live just to watch the Lightning play haha...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 12:32 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Playoffs progressing more evenly that I expected.  With Tampa out, I'm siding with the Rangers - but I have a knack for siding with the team that eventually lose. Also doesn't help with the Pens being a strong team. Sorry to any Rangers fans out there that I may have jinxed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 4:25 am

KuroKitsu

KuroKitsu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Team Canada is making up for that sweep by France, 4-1 against Slovakia!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 12, 2014 2:06 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Martin St Louis is such a dedicated player - still a little unhappy with his trade request but his skill and passion for the game is undeniable.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 12, 2014 2:22 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ I actually felt for him especially after hearing the loss of his mother on Mother's Day ... It was quite emotional to see the highlights because well... I don't know about you guys but I'd probably see my mother than play Hockey... but respects to him, wish him the best.

On another note... Spezza and Phaneuf are rumored to be traded to the Western Conference...

Hockey - Page 2 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 14, 2014 1:21 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Spezza and Phaneuf... both good and consistent players.

Yeah, seeing all the stuff that St Louis goes through to be a hockey player is inspiring and was one of the reasons I'm a Tampa fan.  He gives 100% to the game every night and has always been the underdog regardless of his results.  Just saw game 7 and it was a very fast paced game - kept me on the edge of my seat.

Now I can't wait to see game 7 of Boston Vs Montreal - won't happen tomorrow and most likely won't have time to watch it till maybe the weekend. It's so hard to juggle what's left of my time after family and work haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 23, 2014 11:16 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Rangers vs Habs game 2 - Habs luck reminds me of when they were playing against Tampa, except with fortunes reversed with bad puck bounces and bad ref calls creating losses in momentum and then losing the game.

About to watch game 3. Hope the games continue to be close (game 1 wasn't as bad as the final score would indicate, it was really close up until the last minute of period two).

Will have to get around to watching Blackhawks vs Kings but so invested in the Rangers Vs Habs game - plus original six adds a little more atmosphere...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 23, 2014 1:10 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I feel like Rangers may take the series against the Habs. I don't think they can stop their momentum and I personally feel like the Rangers are playing with more heart and motivation. Also, Lundquist is an absolute beast.

For the west, both teams are playing extremely well. I think whoever wins that matchup, is going to get the cup.

Hockey - Page 2 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 24, 2014 3:02 am

KuroKitsu

KuroKitsu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Rangers.....at first it was a joke...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 1:20 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Rangers Vs Habs is a very even series, even though each team seams to have a surge in certain periods.  However, Rangers looked very tired and lacklustre in game 5.

Only been catching bits and pieces of the West games and they do appear evenly matched.  With all four teams generally playing well, can't wait for the finals.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 1:28 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I say bits and parts of the Habs and Rangers game... and it was like a shooting gallery! Goals left right and center!

I will have to admit though, the Rangers goals didn't look... too nice. I just know that the Habs won because my dad wasn't swearing and my feeds on Facebook didn't say otherwise XD

Hockey - Page 2 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Lexian

Lexian

I dunno, I feels to me like the Hawks are getting outplayed in every single aspect. Manly tears were shed in game 4 lol. Hopefully, the curse of 3-1 series leads will occur again and they'll climb back.

Habs and Rangers games are entertaining indeed!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 4:32 am

KuroKitsu

KuroKitsu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Tables WILL be flipped if Rangers win the series. Dislike em much more then the Habs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 4:42 am

Lexian

Lexian

Big double overtime win for the Hawks, but there's still a lot more work to be done. 4-3 the dream~

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 4:28 am

KuroKitsu

KuroKitsu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If anyone needs me, Ill be moping in the corner till September rolls around. YOu have one job Habs, ONE FRICKKING JOB!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 2:06 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Double over-time is a killer.  Let's just hope they still have legs after that and having to drag it to a seven game series too.

Habs overplayed Markov and Subban in this series.  Subban was almost playing the full two minutes on the PP and then his normal minutes, in which is double shifted often.  Probably ok for the first few games in this series but definitely in game 6, he was out skated and out played in a few shifts and looked fatigued in bits of the game.  Torkaski was great in net though. I always liked the kid when he was playing for Tampa/Admirals and always a shame to have traded him.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:48 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow. Talk about close series'. Kings Vs Blackhawks was unbelievable.  Was constantly on the edge of my seat as they kept trading blows.  Something I did notice after watching a few games is how much more professional these games felt compared to the Rangers Vs Habs series.  Penalties were called but no one on either team tried to sell them. They just kept on playing the game till a whistle.  I remember the Rangers Vs Habs where at one stage, every few shifts, someone was trying to sell a penalty.

Either way, looking forwards to the finals even though I the team I was rooting for was swept lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yet again, this Stanley cup run is proving a close set of games regardless of the results.  I am still going for the Rangers but so far, as the overall results are indicating, the Kings have generally outplayed the Rangers more often.

Back to top Go down